Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans (2987 Views)

Bishop Kukah Dances To 'Buga’ Song At His 70th Birthday Celebration (Pix, Video) / Dr. Becky Enenche's Birthday Celebration At Dunamis (Photos) / Paul Enenche 50th Birthday Celebration: More Photos Of Osinbajo, Oyedepo, Anyim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Hairyrapunzel: 9:38am On Nov 22, 2018
jesusjnr:
"For Herod had laid
hold on John, and
bound him, and put him in prison for Herodias' sake, his
brother Philip's wife. For John said unto
him, It is not lawful
for thee to have her. And when he would
have put him to
death, he feared the
multitude, because
they counted him as
a prophet. But when Herod's
birthday was kept,
the daughter of
Herodias danced
before them, and
pleased Herod. Whereupon he
promised with an
oath to give her
whatsoever she
would ask. And she, being
before instructed of
her mother, said,
Give me here John
Baptist's head in a
charger. And the king was
sorry: nevertheless
for the oath's sake,
and them which sat
with him at meat, he
commanded it to be given her. And he sent, and
beheaded John in
the prison. And his head was
brought in a charger,
and given to the
damsel: and she
brought it to her mother. And his disciples
came, and took up
the body, and buried
it, and went and told
Jesus." Mt 14:3-12(KJV).

You for kukuma say na birthday kill john the Baptist. In fact herod is innocent.
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Hairyrapunzel: 9:42am On Nov 22, 2018
OneJ:

1) LIAR.
The Bible's account of birthdays celebration was confirmed by secular history to be SOLID FACT.

"Due to its belief .... and THE FACT THAT early BIRTHDAYS WERE TIED TO PAGAN gods, the Christian Church considered birthday celebration evil for the first few hundred years of it's existence"

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4227366
("Why you get to celebrate your birthday...." by Todd Van Luling).

U can't twist historical fact to suit your whim.
Actually, U are the one adding to the scriptures because what the men of faith &first century Christians rightly condemned & forbade as evil , U now polish it and claimed it is good with endorsement.
Isaiah 5:20,21.

2) Yahweh commanded the use of ornaments (gold, copper, silver etc) for true worship in His holy temple . Exodus chapters 25 & 37.
(Mumu sense done claim Yahweh "copied it from pagans".). Na. hypocrisy to carry for head wetin Christ no approve for U wey dey form Christian.

3) The Christ like way of life (which shuns birthdays celebration) no do U? So ,U need to copy pagan customs to validate your life ? Issoryt!!!!!! Yimu.

4) The angels informed the Shepherds that Christ was born in Bethlehem (Luke 2:8-13).but never celebrated Jesus birthday.
(Birthday celebrations is the annual festivities to mark the anniversary of the day on which a person was born).
Angels never celebrated Jesus birthday. No dull yourself.
It's always a thing of joy & happiness when a child is born.
The gospel truth is, the annual celebration of birthdays was never a Christian practice but embedded with paganism..

To justify your non biblical doctrines you quote worldly, non biblical, Satan worshipping, evil, pagan and unrighteous secular sources. Lol

Buhaha. No Bible verse to show that birthdays are even embedded in paganism. Only assumptions.

Eya kpele
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 22, 2018
By the day i keep being justified for creating this thread. So elated! cheesy
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Hairyrapunzel: 10:55am On Nov 22, 2018
jesusjnr:
By the day i keep being justified for creating this thread. So elated! cheesy

Abeg quote the bible verse that said pharoah and herod were pagans.
Then also quote the verse that said birthday was a pagan celebration
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 22, 2018
One of the greatest ego busting thread of all time!
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Hairyrapunzel: 11:37pm On Nov 22, 2018
jesusjnr:
One of the greatest ego busting thread of all time!

You still couldn't provide Bible verse?
Your ego busting thread na assumption o. It's all in your head.
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 4:34am On Nov 23, 2018
#nomercyforanyegoistictoolinsatan'shands!
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 23, 2018
It truly feels so good to do this!
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 23, 2018
Somebody will just wake up one morning to force his believe on people. He or she goes goes further to condemn an act that he is not comfortable with it. You don't celebrate birthday because of paganism but you were wedding ring. It doesn't end there, you observe pagan calendar, use pagan phones , platform, devices and materials .Even the white wedding you observe has no scriptural backing as the recognized form of wedding is traditional.

1 Like

Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 23, 2018
asuustrike1:
Somebody will just wake up one morning to force his believe on people. He or she goes goes further to condemn an act that he is not comfortable with it. You don't celebrate birthday because of paganism but you were wedding ring. It doesn't end there, you observe pagan calendar, use pagan phones , platform, devices and materials .Even the white wedding you observe has no scriptural backing as the recognized form of wedding is traditional.
Yes I forcing you because you must stop celebrating your birthday otherwise ... otherwise ... No I'm just kidding and I hope you already saw that.

See I'm not forcing my beliefs on anyone but I'm just expressing my opinion, so it that allowed?

Any one like you who does not Care about my opinion in this respect should just ignore it, and go about doing whatever they want to do for it's certainly not by force!

Except my opinion makes you feel guilty then perhaps that's when you truly have a cause for concern!
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 24, 2018
I don't care about whether it has it roots in pecan customs or not, but I care about is that it is an egoistic observation and hence an avenue for Satan's to capitalize upon and use to his advantage!
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 25, 2018
Yes we are here again to make some people very uncomfortable!
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 25, 2018
I'm sure that Jesus made men even more uncomfortable than I'm presently doing!
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Perfectbeing(m): 7:49pm On Nov 25, 2018
If the disciples and the early churches preached some of these false gospels we're hearing today, I don't think Christianity would live more than the first Christian generation.
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 26, 2018
Preaching the important gospel against the ego of man!
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 27, 2018
Sorry but just had to do this, even though it may make you feel very uncomfortable.
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 29, 2018
Speaking of which...
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 30, 2018
Ego busters
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 01, 2018
Everyday is a special day for me to live the life of God's Kingdom!
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 02, 2018
Don't worry if you don't have anything to give me on my birthday because I only see it as an indicator of my age and nothing else.
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2018
Hmm!
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 04, 2018
I don't have much else to say.
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 18, 2018
Someone just reminded that I hadn't brought out this thread in a long while.
So there you go!
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 23, 2018
The message is above!
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by JJOF(m): 1:12pm On Dec 23, 2018
OneJ:

Give him scriptural proof that birthday celebration was practiced by pre- Christian men of faith or first century Christians.
Else, noise making takes U nowhere....

The real issue at stake is : Was birthday celebration a practice of pre-christian men of faith/ first Christian practice ?

Starting from Abel to John the Baptizer, then from Christ to the end of the first century CE, did all these men of faith coincidentally forgot to celebrate their birthdays ?

Can u pls provide a biblical prove dat dey didn't celebrate their birthdays. Mtchew.
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 26, 2018
I think this is a very good day for this message to be heard
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 05, 2019
Sorry!
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by jcross19: 6:44pm On Apr 05, 2019
OneJ:

Give him scriptural proof that birthday celebration was practiced by pre- Christian men of faith or first century Christians.
Else, noise making takes U nowhere....

The real issue at stake is : Was birthday celebration a practice of pre-christian men of faith/ first Christian practice ?

Starting from Abel to John the Baptizer, then from Christ to the end of the first century CE, did all these men of faith coincidentally forgot to celebrate their birthdays ?

you people are just sadist .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Let The God Of Suddenly Arise "Mountain Of Fire Ministries " / Morning Dews Devotionals / What Skin Color Was Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.