Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! (5949 Views)

Reasons The Airbag Light Will Come On Or Flash / How To Correct Airbag Light Code B1615 And B1811 / Check Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by collele(m): 10:59am On Oct 15, 2018
The airbag light on my dashboard has refused to go off.. it started some days ago... I went to the electrician who scanned it but couldn't detect any fault... Please what could be faulty?..

Cc:
gazzuzz

Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by Delphi(m): 11:11am On Oct 15, 2018
Is your horn working?. Please, check. It looks like "the horn airbag switch" has cut. Did you just worked on your steering rack?
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by collele(m): 11:34am On Oct 15, 2018
Delphi:
Is your horn working?. Please, check. It looks like "the horn airbag switch" has cut. Did you just worked on your steering rack?

Yes my horn is working... No I didn't work on my steering rack
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by YorubaEmir: 12:17pm On Oct 15, 2018
collele:
The airbag light on my dashboard has refused to go off.. it started some days ago... I went to the electrician who scanned it but couldn't detect any fault... Please what could be faulty?..

Cc:
gazzuzz

Is that a Datsun?
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by collele(m): 12:18pm On Oct 15, 2018
YorubaEmir:

Is that a Datsun?

No Sir... that's a 2004 Toyota corolla
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:59pm On Oct 15, 2018
collele:
The airbag light on my dashboard has refused to go off.. it started some days ago... I went to the electrician who scanned it but couldn't detect any fault ... Please what could be faulty?..

Cc:
gazzuzz

scan airbag module with a portable Scanner then come back.

1 Like

Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by mayor2013: 1:11pm On Oct 15, 2018
Run a scan on airbag module. Get scan result. You should have it like "B****". Post scan result here
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:00pm On Oct 15, 2018
YorubaEmir:

Is that a Datsun?

the savagery of u guys here ehn.... it knows no bounds.....
op just scan.... with a high end scanner oh

1 Like

Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by alezzy13: 9:17pm On Oct 15, 2018
Delphi:

Hi I have a similar issue. But in my case the steering wheel was worked on in order to realign the wheels. Since the light keeps flashing. Can it be repaired esp since the bag was not deployed?
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by Delphi(m): 9:57pm On Oct 15, 2018
Alright, not a big issue. Your mechanic didn't 'lock' the steering base before working. That's the reason the 'horn-airbag switch' got cut.
Suitably, it is an auto electrician that will replace it. He will just remove the switch which is at the base of the steering (underneath the plastic cover) then he buys another and fixes. Usually, it's not that expensive. The price depends on your car model but it's somewhat around/below #5k.

alezzy13:

Hi I have a similar issue. But in my case the steering wheel was worked on in order to realign the wheels. Since the light keeps flashing. Can it be repaired esp since the bag was not deployed?
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by abrahym(m): 8:21am On Oct 16, 2018
Delphi:

After changing steering rack mine won't go away
Lexus es 330
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by Delphi(m): 8:34am On Oct 16, 2018
Delphi:

Alright, not a big issue. Your mechanic didn't 'lock' the steering base before working. That's the reason the 'horn-airbag switch' got cut.
Suitably, it is an auto electrician that will replace it. He will just remove the switch which is at the base of the steering (underneath the plastic cover) then he buys another and fixes. Usually, it's not that expensive. The price depends on your car model but it's somewhat around/below #5k.

abrahym:

After changing steering rack mine won't go away
Lexus es 330
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by autologic: 8:35am On Oct 16, 2018
Everyone just realise they have airbag issue and they are looking for magician that will give them online solution without even physical contact .Sorry it doesn't work that way .
Go and scan
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by Delphi(m): 8:35am On Oct 16, 2018
All these complaints are no big deals. Just follow autologic advice!
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by abrahym(m): 8:54am On Oct 16, 2018
Delphi:
All these complaints are no big deals. Just follow autologic advice!

Thanks I really appreciate.. I'll do as you say and give feed back
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by alezzy13: 8:58am On Oct 16, 2018
Delphi:

Thanks very much. I appreciate. Cheers
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by ekoboy: 9:36am On Oct 16, 2018
I also have airbag issues. 2007 Nissan Pathfinder and 2011 Sonata. Have not been able to diagnose the issue.
Does any mechanic here have the scanner that can diagonise these models.
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by suco01(m): 8:36am On Jan 29, 2019
autologic:
Everyone just realise they have airbag issue and they are looking for magician that will give them online solution without even physical contact .Sorry it doesn't work that way .
Go and scan

Good Morning boss I am having issue with my Airbag light and ABS light. I have asked this mechanic friend to do something all he was saying is don't worry, leave it, don't let rewire tamper it. I really need your help sir
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by GreenWorld: 1:47pm On Mar 21, 2019
Delphi:

Hello, having similar issue with my Corolla and yes the horn is not working. Will appreciate your assistance
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by mayor2013: 1:51pm On Mar 21, 2019
GreenWorld:

Hello, having similar issue with my Corolla and yes the horn is not working. Will appreciate your assistance

What job did you do on your vehicle recently
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by GreenWorld: 3:15pm On Mar 21, 2019
mayor2013:

What job did you do on your vehicle recently
Just bought car. Tokunbo
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by mayor2013: 3:36pm On Mar 21, 2019
GreenWorld:

Just bought car. Tokunbo

Run a scan on the airbag computer. You might be having a bad clock spring
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by thebigkendo(m): 7:40pm On Mar 21, 2019
GreenWorld:

Just bought car. Tokunbo

Most probably the airbag of your tokunbo car has deployed in the ogbodo oyibo

1 Like

Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by GreenWorld: 7:48pm On Mar 21, 2019
thebigkendo:

Most probably the airbag of your tokunbo car has deployed in the ogbodo oyibo

Car is not accidented and airbag is very much intact
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by thebigkendo(m): 9:17pm On Mar 21, 2019
GreenWorld:

Car is not accidented and airbag is very much intact

You imported the car yourself??
Well if you are so sure, then go for a scan
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by GreenWorld: 9:50pm On Mar 21, 2019
thebigkendo:

You imported the car yourself??
Well if you are so sure, then go for a scan

Yes, bought from a dealership
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:28pm On Mar 22, 2019
Mine triggered when my lights and fender were removed to access the radiator without removing the battery head.

been looking for someone with a Airbag scan tool to clear it for me.
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by kingreign(m): 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2019
4llerbuntu:
Mine triggered when my lights and fender were removed to access the radiator without removing the battery head.

been looking for someone with a Airbag scan tool to clear it for me.

Your location?
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:25pm On Mar 22, 2019
kingreign:

Your location?

Yaba/Akoka
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by kingreign(m): 7:12am On Mar 23, 2019
4llerbuntu:

Yaba/Akoka
contat Gazzuzz on www.nairaland.com/gazzuzz

1 Like

Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by magicfingers009: 7:33pm On Mar 23, 2019
Did you leave your window open? Did it rain? Sometimes, the passengers airbag malfunctions when the seats are moist. If you are sure the airbag is intact, ensure u sun dry ur car, the light wud disappear.
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by sammily(m): 10:00pm On Mar 25, 2019
I'm experiencing the same thing with my 06 corolla too. I read somewhere to check the cable connectors under the front passenger's seat, that the cable can come loose and trigger the airbag light. I've checked mine but the light is still there, you can give it a try, maybe it might work for you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Tips To Help Prevent A Car Fire / Idea on Toyota Avalon / 5 Effective Auto Diagnostic Steps And Emission Control Systems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.