Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,218 members, 7,807,746 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Usain Bolt Shocked By Surprise Drug Test Notice - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Usain Bolt Shocked By Surprise Drug Test Notice (11073 Views)

Usain Bolt Trains With Borrusia Dortmund Team In Germany (Photos) / Usain Bolt Signs For Mamelodi Sundowns, South African Football Club / Usain Bolt's Feet Causes Commotion On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Usain Bolt Shocked By Surprise Drug Test Notice by Lekzyloaded: 1:44pm On Oct 15, 2018
Sprint legend Usain Bolt has expressed surprise after being handed a drug testing notice despite retiring from athletics and having no professional contract.

Bolt who quit athletics last year and is yet to be offered a professional contract by Australia’s Central Coast Mariners, where he is currently on trial, took to Instagram to share a video of the notice.

Sharing the video, he wrote;

“So guys I’ve retired from track and field looking to become a footballer but look at this,”

The demand for the out of competition test — to collect urine and blood — appears to have been issued by Football Federation Australia.

“How am I going to get a drug test today? I’m not even a professional footballer yet. Seriously,” said Bolt.

“So I asked the lady, ‘Why am I getting drug tested when I haven’t signed for a club yet?’ and she said they told her I’m an elite athlete so I have to get tested. Okay then.”

Despite his displeasure, it appears the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority guidelines mean he is eligible to be tested.

Their legislation defines an athlete as a “person who competes in sport” if “the sport has an anti-doping policy”.

The eight-time Olympic champion, who dominated sprinting after taking double individual gold at the Beijing Olympics in 2008, is now bidding to become a professional footballer.

He made his case on Friday by scoring two goals for the Mariners in a pre-season friendly.

The superstar, a massive Manchester United fan, has been handed a chance to train with the A-League side for an indefinite period in order to pursue his dream.

Source: https://www.gistkit.com/naija-news/usain-bolt-shocked-by-surprise-drug-test-notice/

Lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique

Re: Usain Bolt Shocked By Surprise Drug Test Notice by Leruger: 3:59pm On Oct 31, 2018
Lekzyloaded:
Sprint legend Usain Bolt has expressed surprise after being handed a drug testing notice despite retiring from athletics and having no professional contract.

Bolt who quit athletics last year and is yet to be offered a professional contract by Australia’s Central Coast Mariners, where he is currently on trial, took to Instagram to share a video of the notice.

Sharing the video, he wrote;

“So guys I’ve retired from track and field looking to become a footballer but look at this,”

The demand for the out of competition test — to collect urine and blood — appears to have been issued by Football Federation Australia.

“How am I going to get a drug test today? I’m not even a professional footballer yet. Seriously,” said Bolt.

“So I asked the lady, ‘Why am I getting drug tested when I haven’t signed for a club yet?’ and she said they told her I’m an elite athlete so I have to get tested. Okay then.”

Despite his displeasure, it appears the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority guidelines mean he is eligible to be tested.

Their legislation defines an athlete as a “person who competes in sport” if “the sport has an anti-doping policy”.

The eight-time Olympic champion, who dominated sprinting after taking double individual gold at the Beijing Olympics in 2008, is now bidding to become a professional footballer.

He made his case on Friday by scoring two goals for the Mariners in a pre-season friendly.

The superstar, a massive Manchester United fan, has been handed a chance to train with the A-League side for an indefinite period in order to pursue his dream.

Lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique

Oh, I feel that. I've been in similar situation in my life, unfortunately there are times, when the whole system is against you. In my case I've cheated a little bit during urine test. I've found such interesting stuff over the internet, you can check by yourself. It's about synthetical urine, you can read this article for example https://www.payspi.org/best-fake-pee-for-drug-test/ if you are interested. )) smiley

(1) (Reply)

See Who Messi And Ronaldo Each Voted For The FIFA Best Player / Amuneke, Akpoborie, Ekong, Others To Be Honoured At Ajegunle Football And Sports / Obinna Ekezie Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.