Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,681 members, 7,801,964 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III (21274 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross / How Buhari Celebrates His Re-election And How The Poor Celebrates Him (photos) / Aisha Buhari Celebrates Her 48th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III by nghubs1(m): 7:12pm On Oct 15, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari sends warm greetings to His Royal Majesty, Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi 111, Iku Baba Yeye, on his 80th birthday.

President Buhari joins Council of Obas and Chiefs in Oyo State, Traditional Council, family and friends of the Alaafin of Oyo, who is heir to the historic Oyo Empire, in celebrating the landmark age.

As His Royal Majesty turns an octogenarian, the President believes his 48 years on the throne of his fathers have been most remarkable for the dynasty, illustrated by his contributions to the educational, social and cultural development of the people, both those at home and abroad.

President Buhari extols the Alaafin of Oyo’s courage in upholding the values of integrity, hard work and search for knowledge, which has been the hallmark of the great Oyo Empire, commending him for regular counsels to governments, institutions and families.

The President prays that the almighty God will grant the royal father longer life, good health and more wisdom to sustain the legacies of his fathers.

Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
October 15, 2018

http://nghubs.com.ng/2018/10/15/president-buhari-salutes-alaafin-of-oyo-oba-lamidi-adeyemi-iii-at-80/

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III by Balet: 7:22pm On Oct 15, 2018
Your Imperial Majesty.
Oba alade ti un foba un je.

Meanwhile,
If PMB is not good for our liking, should we bring back the evil looters that brought the country down to its knees?
I don't know how some people reason o.

Nothing concerns me about APC or PDP, I am only concerned about the integrity and sincerity of PMB, period.
#PMB2019

In response to a critic....

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 15, 2018
HBD to his Royal Majesty iku baba yeye LLNP

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III by dosage150(m): 7:22pm On Oct 15, 2018
Just left the doctor's office and the latest prescriptions from now is 1 dose of Atikumycin and 1 dose of Obitrikulin everyday for the next 4 years will cure 4 years of Buhalaria.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III by Kenekingisback: 7:22pm On Oct 15, 2018
Great. He will witness the exit of Buhari and inauguration of Atiku next year.

No shaking. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III by etzskillz(m): 7:22pm On Oct 15, 2018
Atiku from 2019-2023

#AtikulaeGbagba

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III by sarrki(m): 7:23pm On Oct 15, 2018
Alaafin oba rere

1 Like

Re: Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 15, 2018
Meanwhile, Buhari is 75, sorry, "I forgot my age".

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III by ednut1(m): 7:23pm On Oct 15, 2018
80 year old man wey get life pass mr lifeless

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III by PythonDancer: 7:24pm On Oct 15, 2018
Go bless PMB
We , sane Nigerians are solidly behind you sir

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III by mycar: 7:25pm On Oct 15, 2018
Congrats sir

1 Like

Re: Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III by HouseOfWine: 7:26pm On Oct 15, 2018
Die already mofo
Re: Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III by Isobug: 7:26pm On Oct 15, 2018
None has been done

Re: Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III by Ebenezerk2: 7:26pm On Oct 15, 2018
Just for 2019 election, I know the greeting was from FEMI, one of his advisers
Re: Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III by Engrduke: 7:26pm On Oct 15, 2018
Kabiyesi Alowolodu bi iyere. Omo iku to iku KO gbodo pa. Omo arun tarun o gbodo se. The foremost Yoruba king.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III by danjaD(m): 7:27pm On Oct 15, 2018
I sometimes wonder the relevance of these our traditional monarchs
Re: Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III by Omaticaya225(m): 7:27pm On Oct 15, 2018
Like for atiku
Share for the other person

5 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III by neweraomo: 7:28pm On Oct 15, 2018
Buhari knows what he's doing
Re: Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III by SaintNemesis(f): 7:28pm On Oct 15, 2018
I am beginning to.think the only words in Buhari's vocab are Corruption, Fight, London, Integrity, lazy Nigerian youth, criminals, one Nigeria and off course cow,
Re: Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 15, 2018
Lifeless
Re: Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III by bahdpersona(m): 7:30pm On Oct 15, 2018
Iku baba yeye, Ade a pe Lori, Bata a pe lese, happy birthday

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III by Engrduke: 7:31pm On Oct 15, 2018
sarrki:
Alaafin oba rere
Sarrki, ori re a kanke Iwo naa a dagba.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III by Engrduke: 7:31pm On Oct 15, 2018
sarrki:
Alaafin oba rere
Sarrki, ori re a kanke Iwo naa a dagba.
Re: Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III by LastSurvivor11: 7:33pm On Oct 15, 2018
Live long your majesty..

As for the name buhari!
Leave it for zombies, BMC and herdsmen...
Re: Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III by Archbishop88: 7:33pm On Oct 15, 2018
Longer life ke. U mean 50 + 80 abi?

Re: Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III by Queseda: 7:33pm On Oct 15, 2018
This is a wake-up call to all sons and daughters of Oduduwa, please read the message below with open mind:
Igbos voted overwhelming for Jonathan in 2015 despite his poor performance in office against a Buhari whom many thought was a better candidate, simply because they felt their interest is better protected under GEJ. Now tell me why Yorubas shouldn't vote for Buhari/Osinbajo regardless of their perceived 'poor performance' instead of Atiku(PDP) where it's obvious our interests will not be well-protected. Politics in Nigeria is more of personal interest rather than National interest because nothing unites us as a nation
Posterity will judge any Yoruba man who won't vote Buhari/Osinbajo on the guise of political correctness or inclusiveness of 'marginalised' Igbos.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III by Alexis11: 7:34pm On Oct 15, 2018
Long live the king!

All the Yoruba PDP supporters, I have a question for you? are you ready for the insults, mockery and ridicule towards a Yoruba nation if Atiku eventually wins next year election?

Can you cope with Igbo's chest beating and loud mouthing against us?

For the record, I'm not a party man but Atiku is not better than Buhari and Osinbajo is better than Obi.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

South-West Governor's Wives Rally For Buhari / El-Rufai Urges To FG Declare Bandits As Terrorists / Ojukwu’s ‘will’ Declared Fake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.