Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,577 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. (28353 Views)

FG Increases Unity Schools’ Fees From ₦45,000 To ₦100,000 / Kaduna University Hikes Tuition Fees From N26000 To N500000 For Non Indigenes / Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by theoldpretender(m): 12:48pm On Oct 16, 2018
Ezechinwa:
Other nations are planning on sending nan to the moon, we Africans are still punishing each other and hiding under one umbrella called religion

The other countries that are sending man to moon...all nowadays charge fees as high as $20000 yearly.

That enables them to fund their universites adequatrely to the point that they can produce the kind of research that would enable them to send humans to the moon.
Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by CodeTemplar: 12:56pm On Oct 16, 2018
Primusinterpares:
Seriously??

Things are really getting worst by the day.
Imagine a government owned institution paying that high...Yet the quality of education is in an all time poor condition.

SMH for this country.
Let's use our PCV wisely o.
My2kobo
High? How?
Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by RandomVic(m): 12:59pm On Oct 16, 2018
This is bad, real bad. Yet another testaments to the fact that APC doesn't and hasn't meant well for Nigerians since day one.

1 Like

Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 16, 2018
theoldpretender:

The other countries that are sending man to moon...all nowadays charge fees as high as $20000 yearly.

That enables them to fund their universites adequatrely to the point that they can produce the kind of research that would enable them to send humans to thisoon.

And miniwmum wage is Fifteen dollars per hour there so you earn 150dollars daily to send your kids to school as a least paid worker. Many things ain't right about Nigeria. Stop the blind comparisons.

1 Like

Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by frozen70(f): 1:01pm On Oct 16, 2018
After all the wahala for GCE and jamb

School fees wahala starts

We shall over come all
Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 16, 2018
Zico5:
Now if we speak sense that PDP is not this bad then u will begin to see agents of darkness defending these senselessness. Even PDP states are still not this bad despite what these fake people are portraying them to be. I bet it that those defending Apc on nairaland here are either directly or indirectly gaining something from the party. I wonder why we should be suffering and smiling. God will surely punish these people.
Most people defending APC here can't even afford 3healthy meals a day. One lives physically near me They are mostly illiterate people who don't understand Jack about economics full of envy and jealousy. When they meet successful people their first defence is that YOU ARE CORRUPT smh

1 Like

Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by AtikuDeman: 1:08pm On Oct 16, 2018
Good news

Buhari's body odour is still spreading like wild fire

1 Like

Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by ayobamiakinrind(m): 1:13pm On Oct 16, 2018
theoldpretender:
The truth of the matter is that Nigeria cannot afford chesp fees.

It would cost N3 trillion in extra funding for our universites to keep fees low. And if the government could not pay that money in 2013 when 'times were good' as PDP people tell us, when will they pay it when the price of oil is lower than in 2013.?

We have to face reality. Either fees go up, or we just keep on taking loans to keep fees low.

But cost of governance keeps increasing. Govt can't pay #30k min wage and expect the same public they can't pay #30k/month to sponsor children with #250k/year tuition fee?

2 Likes

Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 16, 2018
Joshzion:

Nice freestyle I love it
Keep it up bro
Thanks.. And happy birthday to you.
Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by lexy2014: 1:21pm On Oct 16, 2018
Ologogoro:
If you think Education is expensive try ignorance .
it depends on d education in question
Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by AtikuDeman: 1:22pm On Oct 16, 2018
Food stuffs tripled
Fuel price tripled
School fees increased
Light bills tripled
Transportation cost increased
Hospital bills tripled
Water bills skyrocketed
Bank charges tripled
Cooking gas tripled
House rent increased
Tax increased

Unemployment tripled
Suicide on daily basis
Armed robbery tripled
Kidnapping on the highest increase ever
Skull mining tripled
Prostitution everywhere
Flooding almost all states
Hunger highest level
Police killing masses on the rise
Army brutality tripled
Deaths everywhere
Herdsmen as bold as ever
Boko haram as fearless as ever

Yet. ...
No salary increase
No pension payment
Half salary paid by some states

And some condemned souls still want this to continue for another four years

God forbid

2 Likes

Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 16, 2018
ayobamiakinrind:

But cost of governance keeps increasing. Govt can't pay #30k min wage and expect the same public they can't pay #30k/month to sponsors children with #250k/year tuition fee?
What do you expect from an oldpretender?

1 Like

Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by lexy2014: 1:25pm On Oct 16, 2018
theoldpretender:

That enables them to fund their universites adequatrely to the point that they can produce the kind of research that would enable them to send humans to the moon.

what's d minimum wage in those countries? What's d standard of living? What is d level of access to social services, subsidies, grants, credits and others compared to Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by lexy2014: 1:26pm On Oct 16, 2018
ayobamiakinrind:

But cost of governance keeps increasing. Govt can't pay #30k min wage and expect the same public they can't pay #30k/month to sponsors children with #250k/year tuition fee?
excellent

2 Likes

Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by divinelove(m): 1:27pm On Oct 16, 2018
Mass drop out looms

Sorry for those that will drop out at 400l
Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by Olakunorivictor(m): 1:37pm On Oct 16, 2018
Another 1year plus strike incoming
Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by theoldpretender(m): 2:14pm On Oct 16, 2018
Naughtysite:
And miniwmum wage is Fifteen dollars per hour there so you earn 150dollars daily to send your kids to school as a least paid worker. Many things ain't right about Nigeria. Stop the blind comparisons.

And yet you want your universites to be like foreign universites without considering the costs.

Forget blind comparisoms....either we think of a way to find N3 trillion at least JUST for universites in funding...according to the terms of the ASUU FG 2009 agreement....or we rise fees.

Or we take loans .

1 Like

Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by theoldpretender(m): 2:16pm On Oct 16, 2018
lexy2014:
what's d minimum wage in those countries? What's d standard of living? What is d level of access to social services, subsidies, grants, credits and others compared to Nigeria?

And what is their budget compared to Nigeria?

We need N3trillion naira annually to get our cheap fees in universities...assuming we spend that N3 trillion on just universites...according to the ASUU FG 2009 agreement.

I hate to say this...but we cannot afford cheap fees. Yes, we spend N1 trrillion on the National Assembly....and that won't be enough.
Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by BigGuyMan: 2:19pm On Oct 16, 2018
theoldpretender:

We need N3trillion naira annually to get our cheap fees in universities...assuming we spend that N3 trillion on just universites...according to the ASUU FG 2009 agreement.

I hate to say this...but we cannot afford cheap fees. Yes, we spend N1 trrillion on the National Assembly....and that won't be enough.
Kindly shut the fvck up!

You really sounding so silly and annoying

1 Like

Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by mildflame: 2:19pm On Oct 16, 2018
theoldpretender:

And yet you want your universites to be like foreign universites without considering the costs.

Forget blind comparisoms....either we think of a way to find N3 trillion at least JUST for universites in funding...according to the terms of the ASUU FG 2009 agreement....or we rise fees.

Or we take loans .

....or we rise fees

ARE YOU NORMAL

1 Like

Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by theoldpretender(m): 2:28pm On Oct 16, 2018
mildflame:

....or we rise fees

ARE YOU NORMAL

1.Or we raise fees...is what I meant to say.

2.You can abuse me freely. Yes, you can call me all the bad names on this earth....but the hard truth...is that we have to raise fees.

In 2009, ASUU secured N3 trillion per annum in additional funding for university students. It was meant to be the agreement to end all agreements. In 2013...Government of GEJ told ASUU the hard truth...that N3trillion yearly was not affordable....but N200billion every eyar for the next years was possible. ASUU took the deal then.

As a result fee increases were inevitable.

God knows I know that it is going to be hard. But the fact is...our universites are starved for cash. As is every other sector in this country. And it is either fees go up....or we go back to the good old days of O and A levels...to reduce numbers in our universites so that costs fall...or we keep on begging IMF for loans....or we fast and pray that oil goes up to $140 per barrel.....

So either fees go up....or we keep on having backward , poorly financed universities producing half baked graduates...who will be from poor families, and who won;t be able to compete with the rich kids with their foreign degrees.......

So, I am sorry. God knows I know many poor guys and girls who struggled to go to school. But we HAVE NO CHOICE. increase fees now...or suffer the consequences of badly equipped schools later.
Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by theoldpretender(m): 2:29pm On Oct 16, 2018
BigGuyMan:

Kindly shut the fvck up!

You really sounding so silly and annoying

And a good afternoon to you too.I hear the roses at Boston are lovely this time of year...
Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by mildflame: 2:32pm On Oct 16, 2018
theoldpretender:

1.Or we raise fees...is what I meant to say.

2.You can abuse me freely. Yes, you can call me all the bad names on this earth....but the hard truth...is that we have to raise fees.

In 2009, ASUU secured N3 trillion per annum in additional funding for university students. It was meant to be the agreement to end all agreements. In 2013...Government of GEJ told ASUU the hard truth...that N3trillion yearly was not affordable....but N200billion every eyar for the next years was possible. ASUU took the deal then.

As a result fee increases were inevitable.

God knows I know that it is going to be hard. But the fact is...our universites are starved for cash. As is every other sector in this country. And it is either fees go up....or we go back to the good old days of O and A levels...to reduce numbers in our universites so that costs fall...or we keep on begging IMF for loans....or we fast and pray that oil goes up to $140 per barrel.....

So either fees go up....or we keep on having backward , poorly financed universities producing half baked graduates...who will be from poor families, and who won;t be able to compete with the rich kids with their foreign degrees.......

So, I am sorry. God knows I know many poor guys and girls who struggled to go to school. But we HAVE NO CHOICE. increase fees now...or suffer the consequences of badly equipped schools later.

PLEASE JUST SHUT UP.....you know nothing and you are saying NOTHING
Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by theoldpretender(m): 2:36pm On Oct 16, 2018
mildflame:

PLEASE JUST SHUT UP.....you know nothing and you are saying NOTHING

Good afternoon to you sir.

I feel your pain. Honest.

But in life, we don't always have the choices that we want.

If it was up to me, students would go to university for less than N20000 per annum.

But Nigeria does not have the money, and the corrupt steal the little we have.

Good afternoon.
Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by lexy2014: 2:36pm On Oct 16, 2018
theoldpretender:

its not d amount of money in d budget that is d issue. D issue is how d money in d budget is allocated and utilized. D folks u are comparing Nigeria with have better budget management that's y their people have better standard of living, better minimum wage, better access to social services. So pls don't even go there. So when they are talking about high school fees, they no they have provided their people with d means to pay. Govt in ur countries of reference don't demand from their people what they havent given them
Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by SarcasticGenius(m): 2:37pm On Oct 16, 2018
Opinionated:
Ah ah maybe the school is lacking funding

But all this money flooding a tech school Why has there not been a Black Nobel Prize Winner in Science?

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Actually an articulate and well thought out article on why Africans always get the short end of the stick when it comes to winning Nobel Prizes in the sciences. Find out about the Bell Curve Theory and the connection between race and intelligence. It's politically incorrect, but worth looking into.
Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by theoldpretender(m): 2:42pm On Oct 16, 2018
lexy2014:
its not d amount of money in d budget that is d issue. D issue is how d money in d budget is allocated and utilized. D folks u are comparing Nigeria with have better budget management that's y their people have better standard of living, better minimum wage, better access to social services. So pls don't even go there. So when they are talking about high school fees, they no they have provided their people with d means to pay. Govt in ur countries of reference don't demand from their people what they have given them

Well, considering the fact that most funding for universities in this country come from the budget...and considering that we have to subsidise fees from the same budget to keep them low...I guess it would be valid to talk about the budget....in this case.

As regards standards of living...the fact is that in many foreign countries....fees are very high...and are paid for via student loans (scholarships and grants are performance based....and not that easy to get...AND very easy to lose)

And most of those loans HAVE TO BE PAID.....back for as long as 25 years. Many people in developed countries pay a large chunk of their salaries in loans.

Then there are countries like Denmark and Germany...that have free education...except that the citizens there pay half their income in taxes for that privilege.

As much as I hate to say this.....if we want free education...somehwere, the money has to be paid. And it would be via loans that you pay back for the rest of your life....or via high taxes.
Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 16, 2018
theoldpretender:

$20k for really high quality of education is far better than 2 million naira theoretical with no practical education we receive in Nigeria.
Illiteracy is the problem with Africa, over 70 percent are either illiterate or under educated, therefore, increasing school fees doesn't solve anything but improving the quality of education can justify the increase of fees!
Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by lexy2014: 2:53pm On Oct 16, 2018
theoldpretender:

Well, considering the fact that most funding for universities in this country come from the budget...and considering that we have to subsidise fees from the same budget to keep them low...I guess it would be valid to talk about the budget....in this case.

As regards standards of living...the fact is that in many foreign countries....fees are very high...and are paid for via student loans (scholarships and grants are performance based....and not that easy to get...AND very easy to lose)

And most of those loans HAVE TO BE PAID.....back for as long as 25 years. Many people in developed countries pay a large chunk of their salaries in loans.

Then there are countries like Denmark and Germany...that have free education...except that the citizens there pay half their income in taxes for that privilege.

As much as I hate to say this.....if we want free education...somehwere, the money has to be paid. And it would be via loans that you pay back for the rest of your life....or via high taxes.

u still going round in circles. U are talking about loans that's y I asked u earlier what is d level of access to credit, grants and subsidies in these countries compared to Nigeria? Are they are at d same level? What's d interest rate 4 loans in Nigeria compared to those countries? U want Nigeria to adopt what they are doing in other countries forgetting 2 realise that their govts take a lot of load of d shoulders of their citizens like I noted earlier.

I believe i gave u my reason 4 saying don't even bring up d issue of budget. Do we have d same budget management as ur countries of reference? Didn't I mention that 2u b4? Am really at a loss as 2d point u trying 2 make especially when there's a huge difference in d way Nigeria and other countries provides social services
Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by theoldpretender(m): 2:55pm On Oct 16, 2018
Ezechinwa:

$20k for really high quality of education is far better than 2 million naira theoretical with no practical education we receive in Nigeria.
Illiteracy is the problem with Africa is facing, over 70 percent are either illiterate or under educated, therefore, increasing school fees doesn't solve anything but improving the quality of education can justify the increase of fees!

The reason why universites in Nigeria are increasing fees is their costs are going up AND.....they do want to prduce high quality graduates...but can't because they simply don't have the funding.

(Matters are made worse by the cosntant establishment of new universites, which make it difficult to adequately fund exisiting ones. ).

As an example...the VC of ABU (A very large university by land mass) said in a speech that he has annual overhead costs of N600million. Government gives him N100million. Where does the guy get the remaining N500million from?

As regards illiteracy, you don't need to go to university to be consdered literate. Most of my parent's generation did not go to university. A good number of them are far more literate than the average modern day university graduate. Some went to polytechnics, some went to Colleges of Education, and some went to technical schools...and did well (One guy I admired growing up was a technician who could repair anything...car, radio, tv...if he were alive now he would have branched into PC's...).

Foreign universites are very expensive...and students take heavy loans to attend those universites. The loans have to be paid back...and they chop a large amount of your salary.

In short....we have to improve our universities. They need money for facilities to be improved. The foriegn universities you like...the N2 million is money that goes to upgrading their facilities, and making them look nicer....why can't that money stay at home.

We can't afford to keep fees low. And the truth is, I don't like the idea of high fees. It will impact on my wallet one day. But then I don't like the idea of more half baked graduates either.
Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by theoldpretender(m): 3:00pm On Oct 16, 2018
lexy2014:
u still going round in circles. U are talking about loans that's y I asked u earlier what is d level of access to credit, grants and subsidies in these countries compared to Nigeria? Are they are at d same level? What's d interest rate 4 loans in Nigeria compared to those countries? U want Nigeria to adopt what they are doing in other countries forgetting 2 realise that their govts take a lot of load of d shoulders of their citizens like I noted earlier.

Governments don't take the load off your shoulder in developed countries.

All those credits, grants and subsidies have to be paid for...in the form of high taxes...and paying back of loans from your salaries...which could last for 25 years...

I believe i gave u my reason 4 saying don't even bring up d issue of budget. Do we have d same budget management as ur countries of reference? Didn't I mention that 2u b4? Am really at a loss as 2 what u are trying to suggest especially when there's a huge difference in d way Nigeria and other countries provides social services

You think that life in developed countries is that good ? As someone who knows people that live over theire...life aint that good.

As regards funding for education in Nigeria...we can't have a discussion without talking about the budget ....or you think that unviersites manufacture their money in Elysium?
Re: Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. by lexy2014: 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2018
theoldpretender:

Governments don't take the load off your shoulder in developed countries.

All those credits, grants and subsidies have to be paid for...in the form of high taxes...and paying back of loans from your salaries...which could last for 25 years...

You think that life in developed countries is that good ? As someone who knows people that live over theire...life aint that good.

As regards funding for education in Nigeria...we can't have a discussion without talking about the budget ....or you think that unviersites manufacture their money in Elysium?

D simple questions I asked u, u aren't answering. What is d level of access to grants, credits and subsidies in those countries compared to Nigeria? What is d interest rate on loans, educational and sundry loans compared to Nigeria? I still asked u about budget. Do we have d same budget management in Nigeria compared to ur countries of reference? Is it about budget or about proper allocation and proper management of allocation?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: FG Agrees On N200b In 2014 Budget On Universities / 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA / Auchi Polytechnic Form's Now On Sale In Auchi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.