Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,469 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) (47455 Views)

Christmas Tree At Allen Junction In Lagos Made With Plastic Bottles (Pictures) / What The Lagos/Ibadan Expressway Looks Like (Photos, Video) / Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by leisuretym: 1:41pm On Oct 16, 2018
oshiomole took billions from this projects , just to give the job to quacks this is how they have been running Nigeria, we need to investigate him
Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by jordyspices: 1:43pm On Oct 16, 2018
If it was rivers now trust me MR PROJECT for don send UNCLE JB go there to go fix the drainage system pdp governors are working while apc governors are sleeping nd there agbada dey swallow bundles of dollars grin

2 Likes

Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by Binikingdowm: 1:43pm On Oct 16, 2018
Homeboiy:
No be lie, I no longer go to school cos of that road

I spent 3hrs from main gate to ring road last week

That road is bad after rainn fall

I faint for inside motor

3 months ago, flood carried a small girl there n up till today, nobody has seen her body
flood still carry one grown man commot for ugbekun side

2 Likes

Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by Zeroid105: 1:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
We lack maintenance culture in all spheres. The very few available infrastructure sparingly provided are not maintained due to the genetic makeup of those in authority. This location in Benin was notorious for far more serious flooding than what is shown in those pictures before Oshiomole worked on that area. The Comrade Gov as he was fondly called was praised for solving that seemingly insurmountable environmental challenge. A simple blockage of a manhole/covet can cause what is shown in that picture. I can see some irrational post trying so hard to give the impression the immediate past Gov didn't fix that problem. It's high time we as people realise everything should not be about politics. Let's be more objective in presenting our opinions. Sad to learn people lost her/his lives in the floods.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by KanwuliaMama: 1:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
Same project for 20 years!
Still looking like a jungle.
Tufiaaaaaaakwa! cry
Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by arsenalLUVA: 1:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
God will punish Obaseki.
Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by arsenalLUVA: 1:55pm On Oct 16, 2018
leisuretym:
oshiomole took billions from this projects , so no gutter we need to investigate him

If you see the wide erosion channels made for that particular junction, you won't be saying this. I'm just fed up with Obaseki. Why did Oshiomhole bring this nuisance? He should have allowed Odubu continue. God!

1 Like

Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by Akabuking: 1:59pm On Oct 16, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
And the thunder is striking. Fukafuka, give me that Pete Edochie's meme.
handlewith care

3 Likes

Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by Binikingdowm: 2:00pm On Oct 16, 2018
Mklanceee:
when those of us that knows Edo in and out always say the dwarf with imported wife is the worst thing that can happen to a state, those zombie in far away kastina will be attacking us. Benin is even good, just go to other local government and you will see that Edo is the worst state in South south
nah at least we aren't owing salaries..

But God will punish oshimole and his wife
Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by anonymous96: 2:00pm On Oct 16, 2018
brixton:
That dwarf plunged Edo state into serious depth with nothing to show in Benin city apart from airport road. He went to his local govt, did selective road works in Uzairue without considering Auchi, Etsako central and Etsako east.
Oshiomole dd an okay job.. U not d only one from EDO state here.. Wah dd lucky do b4 him?
If lucky dd an okay job too oshio wudnt hv had to borrow so much to fix da mess.. He has his faults( stole billions)
But don't ever try to say he ddnt work
Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 16, 2018
Binikingdowm:
nah at least we aren't owing salaries..

But God will punish oshimole and his wife
salary or no salary Edo is the worst. the only place in Edo is Benin.
salary is for few individuals but development is for the mass.
it is good for workers to get their pay but development should come first

1 Like

Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by Binikingdowm: 2:08pm On Oct 16, 2018
anonymous96:

Oshiomole dd an okay job.. U not d only one from EDO state here.. Wah dd lucky do b4 him?
If lucky dd an okay job too oshio wudnt hv had to borrow so much to fix da mess.. He has his faults( stole billions)
did lucky borrowed billions of naira?go and luck at our foreign dept you'll shout..

Stop blaming luck,he was investigated and properties was seized,what else do you guys want again?

It's been 10 years and we are still blaming lucky

1 Like

Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by Binikingdowm: 2:10pm On Oct 16, 2018
Mklanceee:

salary or no salary Edo is the worst. the only place in Edo is Benin.
salary is for few individuals but development is for the mass.
it is good for workers to get their pay but development should come first
have you been to bayelsa?

That side produced a president, that state oil alone can turned it to mini Dubai but Edo state is 2x better.

1 Like

Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by Born2Breed(f): 2:14pm On Oct 16, 2018
autojosh:

This is the popular 5-Junction in Benin City, Edo state.

The “5-Junction” is one of the major roads in the city that serves the Benin Metropolis.

Daily, thousands of motorists and public transportation, especially to and from the Eastern part of Nigeria, use this road.

5- Junction was one of the most complicated areas in the state. The road was afflicted by flooding and erosion. For years, it was left in a state of disrepair.

However, in 2013, the Adams Oshionmhole-led administration remodeled and reconstructed the 5-Junction in order to salvage it from years of erosion and flooding.

The remodeling and reconstruction work on the 5-Junction involved the construction of Service Lanes on both sides of Akpakpava- Dawson-Uselu-Ugbowo section of Benin Ofosu Road.

It also involved concrete works, beautification, walkways and streetlights as well as laying of asphaltic concrete pavement into connecting streets.

However, the primary focus was on flooding and erosion control.

The Contractor in charge of the reconstruction project was Reynolds Construction Company (RCC).

The project was completed in 2013.

Today, the 5-Junction, which was constructed without any consideration for placing road-signs around it, appears to be relapsing to its former condition. Flooding has resumed at that strategic transport location.

Apparently, the drainage system built around it is inadequate to control the flooding on the popular junction in Benin-city.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/the-popular-5-junction-in-benin-city-see-how-it-looks-when-it-rains-photos/

The same 5junction some folks listed as one of Oshiomole's achievements.

Edo state is very unlucky to have idiots as previous and present governors,the storm project would have solved all these flooding but the midget squandered Edo resources like his predecessors and installed his lap dog Obaseki to do the final looting.

I weep for my state!!!

A big thank you to Autojosh for bringing the rot in Benin city to the limelight.

2 Likes

Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by emmie14: 2:15pm On Oct 16, 2018
yesloaded:
Where is Comrade Adams Oshiomole?
he was there
Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 16, 2018
Binikingdowm:

That side produced a president, that state oil alone can turned it to mini Dubai but Edo state is 2x better.
I forgot bayelsa
Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 16, 2018
Binikingdowm:

but Edo is still bad.
it always pain me when i read in the media about how Edo is the next thing to London in South south. I always ask my self if it is the Edo I know or another Edo entirely
Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by Binikingdowm: 2:27pm On Oct 16, 2018
Mklanceee:

but Edo is still bad.
it always pain me when i read in the media about how Edo is the next thing to London in South south. I always ask my self if it is the Edo I know or another Edo entirely
hmm the media as of late is Always posting bad stuff about Edo state..

But we'll get there someday,we just need to tackle the government a little more

1 Like

Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by DopeTech(m): 2:42pm On Oct 16, 2018
autojosh:

The “5-Junction” is one of the major roads in the city that serves the Benin Metropolis.

Daily, thousands of motorists and public transportation, especially to and from the Eastern part of Nigeria, use this road.

5- Junction was one of the most complicated areas in the state. The road was afflicted by flooding and erosion. For years, it was left in a state of disrepair.

However, in 2013, the Adams Oshionmhole-led administration remodeled and reconstructed the 5-Junction in order to salvage it from years of erosion and flooding.

The remodeling and reconstruction work on the 5-Junction involved the construction of Service Lanes on both sides of Akpakpava- Dawson-Uselu-Ugbowo section of Benin Ofosu Road.

It also involved concrete works, beautification, walkways and streetlights as well as laying of asphaltic concrete pavement into connecting streets.

The Contractor in charge of the reconstruction project was Reynolds Construction Company (RCC).

Today, the 5-Junction, which was constructed without any consideration for placing road-signs around it, appears to be relapsing to its former condition. Flooding has resumed at that strategic transport location.

Apparently, the drainage system built around it is inadequate to control the flooding on the popular junction in Benin-city.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/the-popular-5-junction-in-benin-city-see-how-it-looks-when-it-rains-photos/

I miss Benin City so much I really love that town.

1 Like

Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 16, 2018
Binikingdowm:
hmm the media as of late is Always posting bad stuff about Edo state..

But we'll get there someday,we just need to tackle the government a little more
let just hope it get better but with the kind of leaders we are producing today in Nigeria things are going to get worst. even we the citizens are worst than the leaders. only God will help us

1 Like

Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by rusher14: 2:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
NextGovernor:

The greatest scam in Edo State is Oshiomole. He collected loans raking in billions and kept the successor in huge debt making him handicap of funds to work...

Upon the whole loan no single successful thing to point to and the flooding was never solved.

So Lucky Igbenedion performed better than Oshiomhole?
Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by lacasera14(m): 2:54pm On Oct 16, 2018
This Benin sef is just too ancient for my liking

1 Like

Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by DeRay98(m): 2:56pm On Oct 16, 2018
Zeroid105:
We lack maintenance culture in all spheres. The very few available infrastructure sparingly provided are not maintained due to the genetic makeup of those in authority. This location in Benin was notorious for far more serious flooding than what is shown in those pictures before Oshiomole worked on that area. The Comrade Gov as he was fondly called was praised for solving that seemingly insurmountable environmental challenge. A simple blockage of a manhole/covet can cause what is shown in that picture. I can see some irrational post trying so hard to give the impression the immediate past Gov didn't fix that problem. It's high time we as people realise everything should not be about politics. Let's be more objective in presenting our opinions. Sad to learn people lost her/his lives in the floods.

1000 likes for you.
Oshiomhole's infrastructural development is most extensive in Edo state since Ogbemudia in 1960-70s.

it's sad to see how ignorant our so-called leaders of tomorrow rush their itching fingers to type their ignorant hate-filled thoughts on issues they know zero about.
They ll soon start to insult you and anyone else who makes common sense response.
Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by Hoodbilonia: 2:59pm On Oct 16, 2018
i dey aboe junction dey drink beer

1 Like

Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 2:59pm On Oct 16, 2018
Edo no get good drainage system.
Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by dapachez: 3:11pm On Oct 16, 2018
[When the rain is heavy the flooding is much but yhe water disappears after a couple of hours. The drainage cant take large volume of water cos of blockages, same thing happens along uselu shell area ( Tomline). And even okhoro area. For okhoro after the drainage has been cleared the junction no longer gets flooded. In the early and late 90s for you to cross that five junction you will need to look for a lorry . the storm water project will alleviate all the suffering once it is completedquote author=autojosh post=72136815]

Source:

[/quote]
Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by brixton: 3:15pm On Oct 16, 2018
anonymous96:

What are his works in Benin city?
Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by leisuretym: 3:23pm On Oct 16, 2018
arsenalLUVA:

If you see the wide erosion channels made for that particular junction, you won't be saying this. I'm just fed up with Obaseki. Why did Oshiomhole bring this nuisance? He should have allowed Odubu continue. God!

that means it was contracted to quacks then
Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 16, 2018
Wait ...dat drone shot of 5 junction..una sure say na 5 junction really be dat?cheesy...not d 5 junction i have seen with my naked eyecheesy.
Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by Crossbow(m): 3:48pm On Oct 16, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
Thunder is being roasted for them, if this thing makes FP.

My problem is not calling Oshomole a theif, my problem is what u will call the PDP government before him? Don't just rely on online propaganda, Oshomole is one of this best things that have happened to Edo State.
Re: 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) by deebrownneymar: 4:10pm On Oct 16, 2018
It's not that bad compared to places in lagso

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Check Out The $12,250 A Night Underwater Suite Review By Jaaruma / Visa Ban: We Informed Nigeria Of Impending Action Since March 2019 - US / This Hole At Maryland Can Swallow Anyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.