Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,230 members, 7,807,764 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives (7917 Views)

Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition / Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years / OShiomhole’s Removal: APC National Officers Demand Urgent Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives by Nigeriapen(m): 4:39pm On Oct 16, 2018

The House of Representatives has called on the Executive to as a matter of urgency, commence further negotiation for the safe release of the women who are still being held captive by Boko Haram terrorists.

The lawmakers made the call on Tuesday during plenary at the lower chamber of the National Assembly in Abuja, the nation’s capital.

This position followed the consideration of a motion sponsored by a lawmaker from Imo State, Mr Chike Okafor, on the urgent need to take steps to rescue the remaining captives from the custody of the insurgents.

In his motion address, Mr Okafor told the lawmakers that it was a sad moment for them and the nation, since the killing of the second aid worker, Hauwa Liman, who was abducted along with some of her colleagues by the by Boko Haram early this year.

“It is painful to note that despite efforts by the Federal Government who opened a negotiation channel immediately and put all possible efforts on table to secure an agreeable bargain for the safe release of the abductees, unfortunately, Mr Speaker, the Boko Haram sect took a horrible path of executing these helpless and selfless voluntary health workers who gave their time on earth for the care and wellness of devastated Boko Haram victims,” he added.

Some lawmakers who also debated on the motion asked President Muhammadu Buhari to resign if he is unable to tackle the security challenges facing the country.

More to follow Below..…

News Source: https://nigeriapen.com.ng/reps-demand-urgent-negotiation-with-boko-haram-for-release-of-captives/
Re: Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives by funmilade4real(m): 5:48pm On Oct 16, 2018
It is well...
Re: Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives by moscobabs(m): 5:48pm On Oct 16, 2018
That's the best option, they should release all Book haram members in jail as ransom for the ones in their captivity.

No sacrifice is too much for the innocent souls

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives by Abjay97(m): 5:48pm On Oct 16, 2018
Leave me alone.. i support Atiku

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives by ShameOnAPC: 5:48pm On Oct 16, 2018
For how long are we going to be using our resources to be negotiating with bokoharam

11 Likes

Re: Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives by captainjay(m): 5:48pm On Oct 16, 2018
Some mofos are broke , there plans is to enrich their pockets again. God will surely destroy those who are responsible for this killings for FG to release money immediately.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives by Dinho20(m): 5:48pm On Oct 16, 2018
VOTE FOR PDP TO STOP ALL THESE MENACE

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives by Chrisychuks1(m): 5:49pm On Oct 16, 2018
Okay
Re: Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives by PMBtill2023: 5:50pm On Oct 16, 2018
This is first my comment since last month,i really missed Nairaland because i was banned for a month....to the admins you go ban tire....LIKES FOR ATIKU......SHARES FOR PMB....Oya lets go

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives by sotall(m): 5:50pm On Oct 16, 2018
The truth is finally becoming bold after years of propaganda and self deceit.

Someone once said Boko Haram have been technically defeated and are on the run.

How does a defeated group have the capacity to kidnap and hold captives??

Atiku for president...
Back to Daura

4 Likes

Re: Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives by 9jvirgin(m): 5:50pm On Oct 16, 2018
I sent a letter to the Congressman representing my Congressional District concerning an immigration application for my client and I got a response within 3days and the immigration acted fast on the application.

What we have in Nigeria is not Congress but an association of evil people. Woe betide Lord Lugard and the entire United Kingdom for setting up this animal land called Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives by Hadone(m): 5:50pm On Oct 16, 2018
Better
Re: Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives by inteli: 5:50pm On Oct 16, 2018
There is a reason America does not negotiate with terrorist.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives by Uglymugg: 5:51pm On Oct 16, 2018
Medicine after death. Classic Nigerian Tactic.
Re: Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives by Oluwafisayo007(m): 5:51pm On Oct 16, 2018
I WONDER WHY THIS LIFELESS GOVERNMENT CAN'T CALL IN THE RUSSIAN SPETSNAZ TO HELP US ERADICATE THE COW BRAINED LIZARDS OFF OUR FATHER LAND.....I WONDER WHY

1 Like

Re: Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives by KanwuliaMama: 5:51pm On Oct 16, 2018
Negotiations with BOKO HARAM? undecided
How? undecided

With all the so-called population in the NORTH, security is so lax?

If na to rig elections, dem go dey count MILLIONS-MILLIONS!

Nonsense!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives by hibly(m): 5:51pm On Oct 16, 2018
You will never find American Government negotiating with terrorists

1 Like

Re: Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives by BillgatesMaigad(m): 5:51pm On Oct 16, 2018
Smh
Re: Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives by Jaynom(m): 5:51pm On Oct 16, 2018
Negotiation means money exchanging hands. The BUSINESS of WAR!
Re: Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives by oshe111(m): 5:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
Buhari issa dunce.....

The old fool has nothing to Offer.....
Re: Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives by remymartyn: 5:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
Foolish government.... Always applying fire brigade approach
Re: Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives by BestDude: 5:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
This is the plan... Give them money and release some persons... The circle continues.

Killing these bastard isn't as hard with the right tech. But do we have the tech?

Do we have machines that can scan sambisa to know where they are located? We mustn't use soldiers for everything. Do we have the tech to pick sounds miles away to hear what is being discussed? Do we have night vision equipment?

3 Likes

Re: Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives by ednut1(m): 5:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
Abeg all those aids workers and expats shud leave those boko areas abeg. Na d same pple u dey help go sell u out.

6 Likes

Re: Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives by jabberjawz: 5:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
Why will they be talking about negotiation......how many are they (Boko Haram) that they can't be crushed.......if Nigerian military can't handle this alone.....they should call for help from fellow African nation's & use maximum ruthless military assault on these rougues........phew when we have a Dundee United as leader......what do I know...?
Re: Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives by Vicyace: 5:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
Kill them all.

Go the sambisa and kill them all.

These useless guys don't deserve to live or a chance for any negotiations

1 Like

Re: Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives by yazach: 5:54pm On Oct 16, 2018
Ok
Re: Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives by Racoon(m): 5:54pm On Oct 16, 2018
Abeg why is the BH not kidnapping these lawmakers & their families but rather directing their atrocities to the hapless Nigerian masses cry cry cry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I an Not A Chauvinist, I Have Enough Women In My Administration - Buhari / Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant / Oshiomhole Continues Campaign For APC At Irekpa (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.