Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,334 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe (41230 Views)

People Hailing Fayose As He Storms Ekiti House Of Assembly / 'Don't Let Fayose Die': Isaac Fayose As Security Surround Ekiti Govt House / Goodluck Jonathan, Fayose As Wike Commissions New Ekiti Governor's Office (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by edunwablog: 5:40am On Oct 17, 2018
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has detained former Ekiti State Governor Ayodele Fayose.

“I can confirm to you that he has been detained. We entered the EFCC with him but we were asked to go later. But up till now, he is still with them and he has been rendered incommunicado,” his spokesman, Lere Olayinka told The Guardian around 6:30 p.m. yesterday. A source within the anti-graft agency also insisted detention was a most probable outcome.

The action ends a long drama watched keenly by the public. While the EFCC made a poor show of concealing its desperation to arrest the former governor, Fayose told everyone who cared to listen that he had nothing to fear and would turn himself in yesterday.

At 12:59 p.m., he arrived on the premises of the EFCC, accompanied by Rivers State governor, Nyesom Wike, a former minister of aviation, Femi Fani Kayode, human rights activist, Deji Adeyanju, and a legal team led by a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Mike Ozhekome.
Clad in a pair of jeans trousers and a blue T-shirt with the bold inscription, ‘EFCC I’M HERE!’ he slung a complementary blue bag across his shoulder, supposedly containing his personal effects.

Fayose told reporters: “I am here, in line with my promise that I will be here on the 16th of October, like I said to the EFCC to await my arrival. This morning, they came to my house. They cordoned off my street, which I feel personally is unnecessary and unwarranted. When a man says he is coming, he should be given the benefit of the doubt. I have left Ekiti, so whatever they need to ask today, I will be able to respond appropriately.”

Earlier yesterday, he tweeted: “In few minutes, I will be at the EFCC Old Office, Wuse 2, Abuja. I’m a man who stands by his words and I hope that after today, those President Buhari’s men that have been accused of corruption will also be bold enough to submit themselves to the EFCC.”

While the scene played out, a group of placard-carrying women, who identified themselves as Widows of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), stormed the premises, saying the former governor must not be detained.

The anti-graft agency wants Fayose to explain his role in the alleged receipt of N1.2 billion from a former national security adviser, Sambo Dasuki, through a former minister of state for defence, Musiliu Obanikoro. The money was allegedly given to him in the buildup to the 2014 governorship election in Ekiti State. Fayose’s aide, Abiodun Agbele, and others had already been arraigned by the EFCC, while Fayose’s immunity from prosecution lasted. He is also wanted over alleged contract fraud.

But while Fayose walked into a world of investigations, in Ekiti State, thousands of excited residents walked into the main bowl of the Ekiti Parapo Pavilion to witness the swearing-in of his successor, former minster of mines and steel development, Kayode Fayemi.

Clad in a white agbada and a brown cap, the new governor took the oath of office administered by the Chief Judge of the State, Justice Ayodeji Daramola, promising the dawn of a new era.

“Never again will Ekiti slip into the hands of those who knew nothing about governance. Never again shall we allow our school children to pay taxes. Never again shall we abandon the burgeoning resources at Ikogosi Warm Spring to waste. Never again shall we allow our judiciary to be debased by a draconian government. And never again shall the most educated state, like Ekiti, be apostle of stomach infrastructure that has made us a laughing stock,” Fayemi declared.

He also revealed that all the finances of the Fayose administration would be reviewed in a non-vindictive appraisal. He regretted that the state was burdened with a N170 billion loan debt acquired by the last administration. This challenge, he however added, would not stop his government from delivering the dividends of democracy.

Buhari, who was represented by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mustapha Boss, noted: “We are confident that Fayemi will help cover the lost grounds brought by the past administration. From today, you will begin to have a new breath in Ekiti under the present government.”

Source https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/efcc-detains-fayose-as-fayemi-threatens-probe/amp

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by nero2face: 5:41am On Oct 17, 2018
We're not surprised, EFCC wants to slaughter FAYOSE as a sacrificial lamb, all bcuz he antagonized Buhari's government, we don't condone corruption, but the corruption fight in my country is a mere slang, they use it as a pay back to the political enemies... After ATIKULATING this country, we'll see the evil side of APC government... Evil group

193 Likes 15 Shares

Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by SarkinYarki: 5:43am On Oct 17, 2018
Another Dasuki style detention in the offing but God will take control and disgrace Buhari out of power

121 Likes 13 Shares

Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by Omeokachie: 5:43am On Oct 17, 2018
He saw it coming with EFCC tweets and mind games...
Man went with his personal essentials.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by cooldipo(m): 5:47am On Oct 17, 2018
Detention is Buhari way of unlawfully getting even to his perceived enemy

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by WebSurfer(m): 5:56am On Oct 17, 2018
Fayose oooo

APC oooooo

PDP ooooooo

Atiku oooooo

Obasanjo ooooo

Tinubu oooooo

EFCC ooooooo

Saraki ooooo

Buhari oooooo

Politicians in PDP or APC ooo

ARE ALL THIEVES

STOP LIVING IN DENIAL, MENTALLY ENSLAVED, BRAIN DEAD AND FIGHT FOR THE FUTURE OF YOUR GENERATIONS

VOTE PDP,APC OUT AND STOP BEING STU-PID

122 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by rxmusa(m): 5:56am On Oct 17, 2018
Oh Ye Innocents! Fear not for only the sinners shall have questions to ask. Thou shall know that runneth mouth shall not save thou from accountability. Retribution is there waiting for thou
Every sensible person knows that Fayose's case is truly genuine, he has lots of questions to answer that he can't be allowed to return home.

He thought he will deceive people by claiming he is being witch-hunt for criticising Buhari but everyone knows that he surely has lots of skeletons in his iron-steel cupboard.

Please EFCC, grab him by his BALLS like in the image below so that we'll see how strong Peter The Rock is

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by Olalan(m): 5:57am On Oct 17, 2018
The scripted drama has just began........More like a Dasuki treatment awaits him in a govt that disregards courts orders

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by musicnmagic(m): 5:57am On Oct 17, 2018
Let em detain him
But let efcc n bubu remember that karma izza bi**h she bleeps with everyone.
she will surely bleep with bubu too
kiss undecided undecided

18 Likes

Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by Damidave1124(m): 5:57am On Oct 17, 2018
E don red for Fayose

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 5:58am On Oct 17, 2018
SarkinYarki:
Another Dasuki style detention in the offing but God will take control and disgrace Buhari out of power
They can't do anything, no be DSS catch am...

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by wonuks(m): 5:58am On Oct 17, 2018
And so this is how the trial began. God will deliver Fayose from the hands of the Fowler.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by MARKone(m): 5:58am On Oct 17, 2018
I used to like this man, but he talks a lot. If EFCC has a case against him, he should be tried accordingly, all this is gra gra shouldn't deter the commission from doing it's Job. These Mofos have plundered this country long enough.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by Kenneth4u205(m): 5:59am On Oct 17, 2018
[right][/right]
Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by intruxive(m): 5:59am On Oct 17, 2018
angry
never again shall we allow the most educated state in nigeria to be made a laughing stock and theater of comedy by a tout
Osun dodged a bullet, thank God.

God bless yorubaland hence forth with visionary leaders so that we can maintain our statue as envy of some people who keep trouping in with night buses and still wish evil on us despite saving them from hunger

38 Likes 8 Shares

Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by fallout87: 6:00am On Oct 17, 2018
rxmusa:
Good

How is it good that Fayose who doesn't have any publicly known theft or corruption cases is incarcerated but Ganduje who is bribed by the millions is walking free?

Do you people even try to have sense?

Don't talk about paying salaries because if that is what it takes for EFCC to lock you up that thief Ajimobi and Aregbesola would have been locked up years ago.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by Elvis2kay: 6:00am On Oct 17, 2018
Nigeria in military era. shocked

11 Likes

Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by arsenalLUVA: 6:00am On Oct 17, 2018
nero2face:
We're not surprised, EFCC wants to slaughter FAYOSE as a sacrificial lamb, all bcuz he antagonized Buhari's government, we don't condone corruption, but the corruption fight in my country is a mere slang, they use it as a pay back to the political enemies... After ATIKULATING this country, we'll see the evil side of APC government... Evil group

Why haven't they slaughtered FFK?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by Nobody: 6:01am On Oct 17, 2018
edunwablog:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has detained former Ekiti State Governor Ayodele Fayose.

“I can confirm to you that he has been detained. We entered the EFCC with him but we were asked to go later. But up till now, he is still with them and he has been rendered incommunicado,” his spokesman, Lere Olayinka told The Guardian around 6:30 p.m. yesterday. A source within the anti-graft agency also insisted detention was a most probable outcome.

The action ends a long drama watched keenly by the public. While the EFCC made a poor show of concealing its desperation to arrest the former governor, Fayose told everyone who cared to listen that he had nothing to fear and would turn himself in yesterday.

At 12:59 p.m., he arrived on the premises of the EFCC, accompanied by Rivers State governor, Nyesom Wike, a former minister of aviation, Femi Fani Kayode, human rights activist, Deji Adeyanju, and a legal team led by a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Mike Ozhekome.
Clad in a pair of jeans trousers and a blue T-shirt with the bold inscription, ‘EFCC I’M HERE!’ he slung a complementary blue bag across his shoulder, supposedly containing his personal effects.
Fayose told reporters: “I am here, in line with my promise that I will be here on the 16th of October, like I said to the EFCC to await my arrival. This morning, they came to my house. They cordoned off my street, which I feel personally is unnecessary and unwarranted. When a man says he is coming, he should be given the benefit of the doubt. I have left Ekiti, so whatever they need to ask today, I will be able to respond appropriately.”
Earlier yesterday, he tweeted: “In few minutes, I will be at the EFCC Old Office, Wuse 2, Abuja. I’m a man who stands by his words and I hope that after today, those President Buhari’s men that have been accused of corruption will also be bold enough to submit themselves to the EFCC.”
While the scene played out, a group of placard-carrying women, who identified themselves as Widows of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), stormed the premises, saying the former governor must not be detained.
The anti-graft agency wants Fayose to explain his role in the alleged receipt of N1.2 billion from a former national security adviser, Sambo Dasuki, through a former minister of state for defence, Musiliu Obanikoro. The money was allegedly given to him in the buildup to the 2014 governorship election in Ekiti State. Fayose’s aide, Abiodun Agbele, and others had already been arraigned by the EFCC, while Fayose’s immunity from prosecution lasted. He is also wanted over alleged contract fraud.
But while Fayose walked into a world of investigations, in Ekiti State, thousands of excited residents walked into the main bowl of the Ekiti Parapo Pavilion to witness the swearing-in of his successor, former minster of mines and steel development, Kayode Fayemi.
Clad in a white agbada and a brown cap, the new governor took the oath of office administered by the Chief Judge of the State, Justice Ayodeji Daramola, promising the dawn of a new era.
“Never again will Ekiti slip into the hands of those who knew nothing about governance. Never again shall we allow our school children to pay taxes. Never again shall we abandon the burgeoning resources at Ikogosi Warm Spring to waste. Never again shall we allow our judiciary to be debased by a draconian government. And never again shall the most educated state, like Ekiti, be apostle of stomach infrastructure that has made us a laughing stock,” Fayemi declared.
He also revealed that all the finances of the Fayose administration would be reviewed in a non-vindictive appraisal. He regretted that the state was burdened with a N170 billion loan debt acquired by the last administration. This challenge, he however added, would not stop his government from delivering the dividends of democracy.
Buhari, who was represented by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mustapha Boss, noted: “We are confident that Fayemi will help cover the lost grounds brought by the past administration. From today, you will begin to have a new breath in Ekiti under the present government.”

watch video at https://www.akelicious.net/2018/10/efcc-detains-fayose-as-fayemi-threatens.html

Who says Buhari is not evil? The terrorist in Chief does not deem it to jail Oshiomole, Tinubu and Amaechi. The atrocities of Buhari the Dullard will surely live with him and after him together with his cabals.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by pol23: 6:01am On Oct 17, 2018
Don't tell me Yorubas are Coward.
We are the strongest in Nigeria....And no ONE has ever fought hard like us for what we believe in.
But there are few exceptions ... Ambode and his APC cohorts...also Gen Diya too...
You all shouldn't forget the bravest of all Nigerian.
Adekunle Fajuyi...wonder why his name is in Every Nigerian State..... that's who we are.
Fela Anikulapo Kuti (whose posthumous birthday was on Saturday) fought oppression and Dictatorship.
The list is endless.... Fayose does the same yesterday...by going to EFCC not by going Obanikoro way...
Yorubas are tough...don't confuse yourself with APC....

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by vedaxcool(m): 6:01am On Oct 17, 2018
cooldipo:
Detention is Buhari way of unlawfully getting even to his perceived enemy

all his enemies must be criminals worshiped by lazy yoots
Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by Nlolodo: 6:02am On Oct 17, 2018
cry
Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by Ayoemrys(m): 6:03am On Oct 17, 2018
we r waiting

1 Like

Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by Giftedhands123: 6:03am On Oct 17, 2018
Buhari is the worst president in the world.
And ye minions disgust me. Those who are aware of how shitty his government has been but yet defend and support him for a second term. Haters of the common man. Dirty hearted people.

Buhari's only achievement is chasing PDP members up and down. If he wins again it will be another 4 years of suffering, deaths and PDP chasing.

May we overcome. Amen.

11 Likes

Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by eroticartiste: 6:04am On Oct 17, 2018
Watching......61%
Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by Nobody: 6:04am On Oct 17, 2018
Buhari is worse that his role model - Abacha. Those who are with him have no conscience because of sentiment, bigotry and fanaticism. Shame on Bush, I spit on him.

14 Likes

Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by Iruobean(m): 6:05am On Oct 17, 2018
shocked
Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by legacyint: 6:06am On Oct 17, 2018
This drama go sweet o,i swear the likes of power and Empire no get levo for where dis blockbuster dey,mae i jejely grab my popcorn and soda sit down yakata for front row jare! smiley cool

1 Like

Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by WebSurfer(m): 6:07am On Oct 17, 2018
nero2face:
Do you guys even have sense at all

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by technicallyrich(m): 6:08am On Oct 17, 2018
I thought they said only ss and se (biafra),people fight theirselves and voruba dont but tinubuu and ambo showed us that self interest superceeds everywhere in the world.
Fayemi abeg takem easy on peter d rockoo

1 Like

Re: EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe by ejimatic: 6:09am On Oct 17, 2018
As long as we describe any step to mske public office holders ask questions on stealing snd looting of public fund as political Nigeria will remain as it is.The thieves will be richer while the masses will be poorer.Let him answer questions .Let put sentiments apart.Corrupt pokiticians are killing our country every day

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari's Photo Presented To Aisha Buhari In Borno / Most Handsome African Presidents / An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Ifedimma Onwugbufor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.