Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,164 members, 7,807,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? (16571 Views)

Video Of A Lecturer Sexually Harassing A Student Released By RSUTV - UNIPORT / The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? / PHOTO: Meet Mrs Nike Okundaye, A Lecturer At Harvard Without Formal Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 17, 2018
Nigerian lecturers are very frustrating and annoying most times.

Whether you are still a student or a graduate, you must have had a very frustrating encounter with not less than 3 to 5 lecturers during your School days.

From uttering careless and belittling statements to punishing students for senseless reasons, Nigerian lecturers are the Most Wicked people on Earth

What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You?
Drop your comments.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by NIGHTMARE0O7: 7:21am On Oct 17, 2018
Hm
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by rowanMama(f): 7:26am On Oct 17, 2018
cool
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 17, 2018
I dey come
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 17, 2018
L
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by MyAmericandream(f): 7:26am On Oct 17, 2018
Because my phone rang in the class, I did not know he doesn't like pple's phone been on during lectures. He told me to leave the class I didn't even apologise sef I just walked out majestically, like what's the big deal about your lecture sef. Little did I know my Swagalicious walk freaked him out.. Few days later i and my friend(course rep) went to drop stuff in his office, but I decided to just stay out, he now echoed awon imi tinrin bi Igbale ni class yin ye O.(some pple In your class is as tiny as a broom stick) I knew was talking to me. Naso I kan dey cry�

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by Tonez007(m): 7:27am On Oct 17, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by ugochukwufrenzy: 7:27am On Oct 17, 2018
When a lecturer During my 200level told me I'm worthless and he would frustrate me simply because I failed his oral test in d presence of over 300 students....but today I'm a graduate and presently participating in d NYSC....
Nobodys opinion matters about you..Only God's

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by sojayy(m): 7:27am On Oct 17, 2018
A lecturer telling u thr was no way u could pass his course.
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by nony43(m): 7:27am On Oct 17, 2018
B
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 17, 2018
Nigga told me I wouldn't defend my project as an undergraduate. That was it. I spent a year at home cause of that, he was HOD at the time so I couldn't do anything.

The next year, there was no defence so I stayed home for nothing.

I'm a fashion designer today cause I used the one year to learn how to sew.

113 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by Cirochukade: 7:27am On Oct 17, 2018
Hm that I stole his Biro �

5 Likes

Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by MrMcJay(m): 7:27am On Oct 17, 2018
Mine wasn't in the University, was in my final year in secondary school.

I wasn't particularly good in mathematics but the maths teacher never stopped insulting and talking me down. One day, I was talking to another teacher in the in the staff room and she told me in front of teachers and everyone that she would see what I would become in life. That statement never left my mind and that was 13 years ago.

Today, I'm a lawyer and just last week, I was invited to speak to students in that same school in a mentoring session.

As I held the mic to address them, I just shook my head at the irony of life. One of the teachers who was in the staff room that day is the present principal and the little me have become a lawyer mentoring students in that same school.

181 Likes 14 Shares

Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by Daniel2802(m): 7:28am On Oct 17, 2018
Nothing yet, by the grace of God, them no go see me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by Davepal: 7:28am On Oct 17, 2018
Terrible things

1 Like

Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 17, 2018
School was not easy , had some evil sadistic lecturers up my neck !

There was a guy then that spent 8yrs for a 4 yr course because of Dr Fadibe , just because he said the boy dey always form with new cloths !

Sourcing for books and course materials was a stress , we just thank God for threads like This One Here Selling Ebooks cheaply we didn't have such luxury in our time

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by qanda: 7:28am On Oct 17, 2018
I once approached a lecturer after his lecture to say I did not understand an aspect of the lecture and want to know if I can visit his office for further explanation... He said I should go and look for my colleagues that understood it. The look in his eyes, the way he said it was not friendly.

In my second year, I had a lecturer who administered assignments online. You download assignments and submit them online too, the process of typing and submitting assignments online was frustrating at the time, looking back, I think he did us good, forced many to learn to use the computer.

To close, you can source study materials, past questions and answers, professional Exams past questions and answers, career and business books for FREE on Q and A App.
Download Q and A App from Google Playstore

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:29am On Oct 17, 2018
You are stupid, and a waste of my dad money.

I for slap that man dat day.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by AustineCJ: 7:29am On Oct 17, 2018
Just last semester a lecturer asked me to submit during exam while the most painful of it all was that I wasn't caught cheating or anything.... he just felt am done writing n mehn I was so so angry that after the whole exam I confronted him...i pray the grade will be good when out.

12 Likes

Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by Phygo(m): 7:29am On Oct 17, 2018
Get out of my class. On top my school fees again?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by onemanarmy: 7:29am On Oct 17, 2018
All I know is to sleep �,eat and play...
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by Dembuk2009: 7:30am On Oct 17, 2018
Hmmmmm.....
I never imagined a question like this could be constructed!!!
cry cry cry
Sorry you have to read till the end before u know what was done to me.........
The lesson i learnt from that belittling statement is never to belittle anyone cos u don't know their struggle!
I was such an excellent student that almost all my textbooks in secondary were prizes won.
When i got to jss 3, my parents started having issues and later separated and that was it!!!
I was brought back to daddy's base and became a day student. cry
I never repeated but I lost all brilliancy!!!.....Ohhh, i struggled to no avail!!! cry cry
When it was time to proceed to higher institution, I kept failing jamb for 8yrs though i went to a computer school for 1yr inbetween.
My mum later enrolled me for predegree but yet i failed!!!
So i decided to go for partime studies and runs my way out of the school cos i was already doing petty business.
I met my hubby (then boyfriend)wen i got to 200l and that was wen my life began to change positively bit by bit!!!
He encouraged me more and asked me to rewrite jamb with 3 private lesson teachers coming to teach me.
I passed and got into the university.
Hmmmmm.....I never knew partime studies is way different from full time o.........
I kept giving up from time to time but my hubby was a Godsent!!!!
Fatai (lecturer)made me cry so much one say during my 300l exams.
I was writing a paper wen he came towards me and was trying to go through my answer script but i refused and so he started to laugh saying " she is hidding her script o.......Anything u write self will still be zero!!!
He was saying it wen another lecturer walked in and he still proceeded and gave me mortal combat finishing!!!
He said and i quote " if Bukky is given Yoruba education, she will still fail!!!)
Aghhhhhh......my age mate at that!
The other lecturer just walked out and i cried like never before!!!!
After d exam, i went to the hod to report him, though my hod apologised on his behalf, I never spoke with him until i left school..
If i had continued with my brilliancy, by God's grace, i would have come out with a first class!!!
I graduated, went for service and moved on beautifully.
Sorry for the long post..

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 17, 2018
You are the dullest person I've ever met, but today he is a pharmacist and I am a pharmacist too...

64 Likes

Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by moneyest(m): 7:30am On Oct 17, 2018
.... since I came to the school, he's never told me, "Thank you"
It was damn painful
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 17, 2018
[s][/s]we
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by OgbonoThief(m): 7:30am On Oct 17, 2018
dem no fit cool
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by OgbonoThief(m): 7:31am On Oct 17, 2018
madness
AustineCJ:
Just last semester a lecturer asked me to submit during exam while the most painful of it all was that I wasn't caught cheating or anything.... he just felt am done writing n mehn I was so so angry that after the whole exam I confronted him...i pray the grade will be good when out.
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by Pavore9: 7:31am On Oct 17, 2018
When you have a lecturer who is narcissist and gets his/her high from belittling students and showing no empathy, you are better off developing thick skin towards them.

4 Likes

Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by Valike2008: 7:31am On Oct 17, 2018
He said to me Just repeat one year, you failed my course,when I confronted him on a carry over in my finals, I later wrote to the school authority and he was queried, this very course I can close my eyes and write the exams

6 Likes

Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by mranova(m): 7:32am On Oct 17, 2018
69/100 in three of his courses, and same in my final year project.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

University of Abuja Students / Progress Report Of Construction Of ESUT Permanent Site, Igbo Eno (Pictures) / Breaking: Professor Elujoba Emerges OAU Acting Vice Chancellor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.