Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos (26537 Views)

Miss Biggest Bum Bum 2018 Beauty Pageant In Bayelsa (Photos) / Top 10 Worst Beauty Pageant Winners You Want To See / Precious Nwodo Wins Miss Charming Nigeria Beauty Pageant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by MarieSucre(f): 6:26pm On Oct 17, 2018
lexy2014:
I read it that's y am asking what is feminism? Did u read her comment?

Here is a definition for you.

Feminism is a range of political movements,
ideologies , and social movements that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve political, economic, personal, and social equality of sexes. [1][2] This includes seeking to establish educational and professional opportunities for women that are equal to those for men.
Feminist movements have campaigned and continue to campaign for women's rights , including the right to vote , to hold public office, to work , to earn fair wages or equal pay , to own property , to receive education , to enter contracts, to have equal rights within marriage , and to have maternity leave . Feminists have also worked to ensure access to legal abortions and social integration , and to protect women and girls from rape , sexual harassment , and domestic violence . Changes in dress and acceptable physical activity have often been part of feminist movements.

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by Yudee8(m): 8:09pm On Oct 17, 2018
Sirheny007:

The judge got this wrong.
feminism is rather ambiguous.
A woman can empower other women without being a feminist.
For the judge to disqualify anyone based on a question purely hypothetical is wrong.
A part of me wants to flog the Judge,
A part of me also wants to flog the contestant who couldn't see the the irrationality in the question.

A woman can empower other women without being a feminist.

It is my opinion that the judges were trying to make sure they really understood what they were saying. My teacher in sec. school did that often to also test our confidence and how deep we knew what we knew. I think that is what the judges wanted.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by Ryocaj(m): 10:08pm On Oct 17, 2018
Eberechi24:
feminism is not gender war. am a feminist because I believe in equal representatio of both genders, this do not interfere with gender roles.
A man who wants the best for his daughter is a feminist.
Feminist movement come into play when girls are deprived of rights in society. when girls are relegated to kitchen and lack of exposure. When girls are made to believe that they have nothing to offer to society. Feminism is female liberation from inferiority complex
Feminism has nothing to with relationship or gender war. both genders needs each other.

Feminism is an ambiguous word.. ur understanding of it is due to ur opinion.. u didn't really define wat it is.. Feminism simply means a social theory or political movement that supports n clamors 4 equality in all aspects of life.. so ur understanding is not really Feminism..
if we r 2 go by d definition.. it means both males n females are supposed 2 av equal rights..
E.g D man can no longer pay bride price coz they r marrying themselves.. its cheating if he pays n she doesn't.. so it has 2 b cancelled..
Equal financial input in marriage, not dat d man has to provide 4 his family.. they both av 2 provide 4 d family..
Equal training hours n drills in d military..
no maternity leaves..
Equal pay in all levels according to qualifications..
A man n woman can publicly cone 2 blows without interference.. there is no question of she is weaker, or a woman, they r d same.. Men who r not of d same strength fight everyday...
So my dear.. dis is d real definition of feminism..
Let's just stop here..
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by lexy2014: 6:43am On Oct 18, 2018
MarieSucre:

How many female children have joined terrorist organisation out of anger of being oppressed more than male children?
I don't no. Pls tell me if u no d no of female children in question
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by lexy2014: 6:46am On Oct 18, 2018
MarieSucre:

Here is a definition for you.

Feminism is a range of political movements,
ideologies , and social movements that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve political, economic, personal, and social equality of sexes. [1][2] This includes seeking to establish educational and professional opportunities for women that are equal to those for men.
Feminist movements have campaigned and continue to campaign for women's rights , including the right to vote , to hold public office, to work , to earn fair wages or equal pay , to own property , to receive education , to enter contracts, to have equal rights within marriage , and to have maternity leave . Feminists have also worked to ensure access to legal abortions and social integration , and to protect women and girls from rape , sexual harassment , and domestic violence . Changes in dress and acceptable physical activity have often been part of feminist movements.
that's d theory. So what's d practical?
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by MarieSucre(f): 11:33pm On Oct 18, 2018
lexy2014:
I don't no. Pls tell me if u no d no of female children in question

Do you have an answer to it or not.
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by MarieSucre(f): 11:40pm On Oct 18, 2018
lexy2014:
that's d theory. So what's d practical?

I should also ask you that. I mean it doesn't say what gender can be a feminist there. So what is your practical?
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by lexy2014: 5:24am On Oct 19, 2018
MarieSucre:

Do you have an answer to it or not.
Is "i don't no" not answer? What other answer do u want?
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by lexy2014: 5:28am On Oct 19, 2018
MarieSucre:

I should also ask you that. I mean it doesn't say what gender can be a feminist there. So what is your practical?
Am I d feminist that i will no d practical? U are d feminist so share ur practical experience. Were did me&u discuss anything about "what gender can b a feminist"?
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by MarieSucre(f): 8:17pm On Oct 19, 2018
lexy2014:
Is "i don't no" not answer? What other answer do u want?
k
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by MarieSucre(f): 8:18pm On Oct 19, 2018
lexy2014:

Am I d feminist that i will no d practical? U are d feminist so share ur practical experience. Were did me&u discuss anything about "what gender can b a feminist"?

Sir, you asked what the practical of feminism is and I'm telling you that you can also ask yourself that question, what are doing in your daily life that empowers women socially, financially, politically etc When you get that answer then you have found what your own (practicals) are, lobatan.
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by lexy2014: 10:26pm On Oct 19, 2018
MarieSucre:

Sir, you asked what the practical of feminism is and I'm telling you that you can also ask yourself that question, what are doing in your daily life that empowers women socially, financially, politically etc When you get that answer then you have found what your own (practicals) are, lobatan.
U are d feminist not me. Ur question is like asking a person who has never travelled by air his/her experience travelling by air
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by MarieSucre(f): 12:10am On Oct 20, 2018
lexy2014:

U are d feminist not me. Ur question is like asking a person who has never travelled by air his/her experience travelling by air

That is why I am telling you the practicals of feminism nah. Abi will you not listen to me. Do you fight for women's rights in your life even as you're a man, that is the practicals lobatan.
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by lexy2014: 4:21am On Oct 20, 2018
MarieSucre:

That is why I am telling you the practicals of feminism nah. Abi will you not listen to me. Do you fight for women's rights in your life even as you're a man, that is the practicals lobatan.
u havent told me anything. u are asking me if i am doing what a feminist is supposed to b doing when u are supposed 2b telling me about ur practical experience as a feminist. what are YOU doing in YOUR daily life that empowers women socially, financially, politically etc?
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by MarieSucre(f): 10:23am On Oct 20, 2018
lexy2014:
u havent told me anything. u are asking me if i am doing what a feminist is supposed to b doing when u are supposed 2b telling me about ur practical experience as a feminist. what are YOU doing in YOUR daily life that empowers women socially, financially, politically etc?

I work with an NGO that looks to give more access to health and pregnancy related services in the North.

What are YOU doing in YOUR daily life that empowers women socially, financially, politically etc?
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by lexy2014: 10:56am On Oct 20, 2018
MarieSucre:

I work with an NGO that looks to give more access to health and pregnancy related services in the North.

What are YOU doing in YOUR daily life that empowers women socially, financially, politically etc?

am not a feminist so i cant answer ur question. thats y i told u ealier that if u want 2no what its like to fly in a plane, its either u fly in one urself or u ask someone who has flown in one. u cant ask someone who hasnt flown in a plane what it is like flying in a plane. u are d feminist so u should b able to say What are YOU doing in YOUR daily life that empowers women socially, financially, politically etc.
how does ur working with an NGO enable u empower women socially, financially, politically etc? so if a gynaecologist is doing what u ur NGO is doing, is d gynaecologist a feminist? how does working 4 an NGO that gives more access to health and pregnancy related services in the North make u a feminist?
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by MarieSucre(f): 5:39pm On Oct 20, 2018
lexy2014:

am not a feminist so i cant answer ur question. thats y i told u ealier that if u want 2no what its like to fly in a plane, its either u fly in one urself or u ask someone who has flown in one. u cant ask someone who hasnt flown in a plane what it is like flying in a plane. u are d feminist so u should b able to say What are YOU doing in YOUR daily life that empowers women socially, financially, politically etc.
how does ur working with an NGO enable u empower women socially, financially, politically etc? so if a gynaecologist is doing what u ur NGO is doing, is d gynaecologist a feminist? how does working 4 an NGO that gives more access to health and pregnancy related services in the North make u a feminist?

Not necessarily, I choose to identify as a feminist. you can choose not to but do your part to empower and liberate women around you or around the world, that's all.
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by lexy2014: 7:13pm On Oct 20, 2018
MarieSucre:

Not necessarily, I choose to identify as a feminist. you can choose not to but do your part to empower and liberate women around you or around the world, that's all.

Very good. In identifying as a feminist, let's no how u have been empowering and liberating women around you or around the world socially, financially, politically etc. how does ur working with an NGO enable u empower women socially, financially, politically etc? so if a gynaecologist is doing what u ur NGO is doing, is d gynaecologist a feminist? how does working 4 an NGO that gives more access to health and pregnancy related services in the North make u a feminist?

MarieSucre:

How many female children have joined terrorist organisation out of anger of being oppressed more than male children?
By d way, what has this ur earlier quote got 2do with feminism
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by MarieSucre(f): 10:03pm On Oct 20, 2018
lexy2014:

Very good. In identifying as a feminist, let's no how u have been empowering and liberating women around you or around the world socially, financially, politically etc. how does ur working with an NGO enable u empower women socially, financially, politically etc? so if a gynaecologist is doing what u ur NGO is doing, is d gynaecologist a feminist? how does working 4 an NGO that gives more access to health and pregnancy related services in the North make u a feminist?

As I stated earlier, feminism motivated me to get more active in these things, hence I'd like to identify as one. To your second question, its entirely dependant on the person, gynaecologist, NGO official etc if they choose to identify as one or not, thats their decision to make. Mine was dependant on me, and I choose to.

Third question. Read the post I replied to better understand the context of the post. p.s I was taking a swipe at him.
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by MarieSucre(f): 10:05pm On Oct 20, 2018
lexy2014:

I have asked you this before.
"let's no how u have been empowering and liberating women around you or around the world socially, financially, politically etc."

My reply please. I am waiting.
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by lexy2014: 10:48pm On Oct 20, 2018
MarieSucre:

As I stated earlier, feminism motivated me to get more active in these things, hence I'd like to identify as one. To your second question, its entirely dependant on the person, gynaecologist, NGO official etc if they choose to identify as one or not, thats their decision to make. Mine was dependant on me, and I choose to.

Third question. Read the post I replied to better understand the context of the post. p.s I was taking a swipe at him.

If u say u work with an NGO that looks to give more access to health and pregnancy related services in the North, then that's simply health services work which gynaecologists&other health workers do everyday. How's that "empowering and liberating women around you or around the world socially, financially, politically etc."
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by lexy2014: 10:56pm On Oct 20, 2018
MarieSucre:

I have asked you this before.
"let's no how u have been empowering and liberating women around you or around the world socially, financially, politically etc."

My reply please. I am waiting.
Then that's going 2b a very looooong wait cos I didn't tell u that am doing anything in that regard. Like i said, its only a person who has travelled by air that can tell u of d experience not someone who hasnt. Its u that claims 2 have d experience of "empowering and liberating women around you or around the world socially, financially, politically etc." So far, u haven't been able 2 provide any practical experience of u empowering and liberating women around you or around the world socially, financially, politically etc."
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by IamD18: 11:13am On Oct 21, 2018
MissJoy29:

Wow. And still use same kettle to boil water to drink tea.

Don't mind me. The idea of boiling egg with kettle or boiling egg together with indomie or like one of my daughters did recently boiling egg in beans totally creeps me out!

Married with kids?
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by MissJoy29(f): 2:19pm On Oct 21, 2018
IamD18:

Married with kids?
Not yet. But I have so many daughters: 1 is a Muslim, 3 are Yoruba and last but not least, 3 wu ndi ebe nke anyi.
#teachersaremothers
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by IamD18: 2:26pm On Oct 21, 2018
MissJoy29:

Not yet. But I have so many daughters: 1 is a Muslim, 3 are Yoruba and last but not least, 3 wu ndi ebe nke anyi.
#teachersaremothers

Oh! That. cheesy Never thought that way.

You are a teacher? That's nice smiley

I would have loved to settle down with a teacher for the betterment of my kids because they are so disciplined, but they don't normally have time for their man. cry
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by MissJoy29(f): 2:34pm On Oct 21, 2018
IamD18:

Oh! That. cheesy Never thought that way.

You are a teacher? That's nice smiley

I would have loved to settle down with a teacher for the betterment of my kids because they are so disciplined, but they don't normally have time for their man. cry
Yeah that's how it is. Thanks.

Teachers don't have time? That's the biggest joke of the century. Which other professional have more time than teachers? Name one.

Besides, a lot of people claim they want to marry teachers cos of the kids but yet, same people belittle & laugh at us.
Oh and btw, you still owe me an apology. Haven't forgotten it.
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by IamD18: 2:47pm On Oct 21, 2018
MissJoy29:

Yeah that's how it is. Thanks.

Teachers don't have time? That's the biggest joke of the century. Which other professional have more time than teachers? Name one.

Besides, a lot of people claim they want to marry teachers cos of the kids but yet, same people belittle & laugh at us.
Oh and btw, you still owe me an apology. Haven't forgotten it.
I just remembered school holidays. But still, teachers don't make out good time for their man during school sessions. sad

Lol. Yea, men love teachers because of their discipline and housekeep. Lol, belittle? I think male-teachers should be complaining of this, not female cheesy

Personally, there's a way I view teaching job.

Apology? I can't remember. Remind me grin
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by MissJoy29(f): 5:18pm On Oct 21, 2018
IamD18:

I just remembered school holidays. But still, teachers don't make out good time for their man during school sessions. sad

Lol. Yea, men love teachers because of their discipline and housekeep. Lol, belittle? I think male-teachers should be complaining of this, not female cheesy

Personally, there's a way I view teaching job.

Apology? I can't remember. Remind me grin
Indeed! There's plenty time: lunch breaks, breaks in between periods (if you are in the secondary section), short holidays, long vacations. And to top it all, we close on time except you have extra lessons or home coaching.

Both male and female get ridiculed sometimes but the men most especially.

How do you view the teaching profession?

Oh don't play smart with me. Don't even try it.
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by IamD18: 7:01pm On Oct 21, 2018
MissJoy29:

Indeed! There's plenty time: lunch breaks, breaks in between periods (if you are in the secondary section), short holidays, long vacations. And to top it all, we close on time except you have extra lessons or home coaching.

Both male and female get ridiculed sometimes but the men most especially.

How do you view the teaching profession?

Oh don't play smart with me. Don't even try it.
Lol, this is getting interesting. I believe you are în Arab City, which school do you work in? smiley

Females don't get ridiculed, the work makes most of them attractive sef.

You wouldn't want to know how i view them. grin

Lmao grin grin Hanty, chill. Remind me nh grin I can't remember.
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by MissJoy29(f): 7:05pm On Oct 21, 2018
IamD18:

Lol, this is getting interesting. I believe you are în Arab City, which school do you work in? smiley

Females don't get ridiculed, the work makes most of them attractive sef.

You wouldn't want to know how i view them. grin

Lmao grin grin Hanty, chill. Remind me nh grin I can't remember.
Teaching is interesting and rewarding. Yes I'm in the Arab city. There are plenty schools there. You wouldn't know mine.

We do. Trust me.

Kwusi itu ashi biko. Kpolaa uche azu. I ga echeta.
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by IamD18: 7:10pm On Oct 21, 2018
MissJoy29:

Teaching is interesting and rewarding. Yes I'm in the Arab city. There are plenty schools there. You wouldn't know mine.

We do. Trust me.

Kwusi itu ashi biko. Kpolaa uche azu. I ga echeta.

I won't know yours or you don't wanna tell me. Which one?

You think so. You sure do.

Echetago'm. Oya kedu ihe ichoro ka'm mee now? grin
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by MissJoy29(f): 7:26am On Oct 22, 2018
IamD18:

I won't know yours or you don't wanna tell me. Which one?

You think so. You sure do.

Echetago'm. Oya kedu ihe ichoro ka'm mee now? grin
Trust me, you won't know it. It's just 2 years old.

Amam n'iga echeta. Ezigbo mmadu. Oya mee ihe kwesiri k'imee: irio mgbahara maka otu isi gwam okwu.

Good morning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Good Body Cream Mixer Urgently Needed. / Dethroned Grace Okoro Adaeze Reacts, Tells Her Side Of The Story! / How To Remove Stretch Marks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.