Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) (22094 Views)

Meet Otobong Ndem Who Finished HND Before Secondary School / Meet 26-Year-Old Bob Otobong Who Won A Seat At Akwa Ibom House Of Assembly / Etang Umoyo Edet Decamps From APC To PDP In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by aminulive: 12:42pm On Oct 17, 2018
@POLITICSNGR

In a major realignment of forces in Mkpat Enin, one of the largest local government areas in Akwa Ibom State, the Member representing the area in the House of Assembly, Engr. Otobong Ndem, on Tuesday, defected from the Peoples' Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives' Congress (APC) with hundreds of his supporters.

PoliticsNGR gathered that Ndem announced his defection when he led a delegation of his supporters in several buses on a solidarity visit to the Akwa Ibom State APC Gubernatorial Candidate, Mr. Nsima Ekere, at the latter's country home in Ikot Oboroenyin, Edemaya, Ikot Abasi Local Government Area.

Among the defectors on the delegation were the Mkpat Enin PDP Local Government Chapter Deputy Chairman, Mr. Ukonsek Ukonsek, the Secretary, Comrade Ubong Kingsley, the Youth Leader, Mr. Ime Inoh, and some other members of the Chapter Executive Committee, a former Chapter Chairman, Chief Friday Ayara, a former Chapter Secretary, Comrade Umoren Umoren, a former Member of the State House of Assembly, Mr. Ini Brown Ekanem, a former Chairman of Mkpat Enin Local Government, Dr. Imowo Udobia, a former Vice Chairman of the local government, Mr. Godwin Udofot, and a former Leader of the Local Government Legislative Council, Mr. Friday Okobo.

Ndem said, with their defection, the PDP structure in Mkpat Enin, the local government area with the highest number of wards (14) in the state, had collapsed totally into the APC.

He assured Ekere of huge votes from the area, saying, "With the votes of Mkpat Enin, you will be strolling into Hilltop Mansion. We believe in you because you are one of our own. We have no reason not to support you. We are here because we see the future of Akwa Ibom State. We want to end tortoise politics in Akwa Ibom State. We are not prepared to support you from behind. We are not ready to play submarine politics. We are ready to support you openly."

Also speaking, Ukonsek described their delegation as the "crack team" of Mkpat Enin politics, promising that "we will show the world that we own Mkpat Enin" when they hold a formal defection ceremony at home soon.

Responding, Ekere expressed delight that the wind of change had reached Mkpat Enin which shares the federal constituency with his local government area, Ikot Abasi.

He reasoned that at the rate the wind of change was spreading across the state, the APC was heading for a 90 per cent win in the 2019 elections.

Ekere, who is the Managing Director of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), pointed out that there were several ongoing NDDC projects in Mkpat Enin under his watch and promised to do more for the area as NDDC boss and subsequently as Governor.

In her remarks, the immediate past Deputy Governor of the state, Lady Valerie Ebe, who defected to the APC last month, commended Ndem for acting in wisdom and courage, adding that she saw it coming.

Her words: "Right from the day I defected, I knew this would happen. I am not surprised. When I left, I knew you will all follow me. The people of Mkpat Enin are itching to support you (Ekere). Nobody should call himself a political junction. We have to follow a straight line."

Ebe rejected claims that she was supporting Ekere to be Governor to enable her succeed him as NDDC boss: "I am working for the success of my son (Ekere) here. I am not looking for position. We don't want any position."

The APC Akwa Ibom South Senatorial Chairman, Dr. Inyang Dan-Abia, who represented the State Chairman, said he was impressed with the quality of members of the delegation who he described as foot-soldiers that have determined Mkpat Enin politics over the years.

He lauded them for coming to support Ekere who he eulogized as "a world-class successful businessman and administrator and a man who is well-exposed in the management of resources."

Present during the visit were the APC Deputy Gubernatorial Candidate, Dr. Amadu Attai, the APC House of Assembly Candidate for Mkpat Enin State Constituency, Prince Iboro Ekpo, the APC State Assistant Legal Adviser, Barr. Inyang Udo, the Mkpat Enin APC Caucus Chairman, Apostle John Okoriko, the Special Assistant to the NDDC Managing Director on Administration and Human Resources, Pastor Udo Isaiah, the immediate past Member of the House of Representatives for Ikot Abasi/Eastern Obolo/Mkpat Enin Federal Constituency, Dr. Akpan Micah Umoh, and a former Chairman of Ikot Abasi Local Government, Prince Enobong Ufot.

https://politicsngr.com/breaking-house-reps-member-decamps-pdp-apc-photos/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by emmie14: 12:44pm On Oct 17, 2018
Congratulations to him

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by CilicMarin: 12:45pm On Oct 17, 2018
Congratulations To Buhari and Nsime Ekere!

Congratulations To Akpabio!

Congratulations To The APC!

Akwaibom Is APC and APC Is Akwaibom!

60 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by Trouble1: 1:12pm On Oct 17, 2018
Sentiments apart .
Buhari will win in 2019 with a large margin.
I don’t want to go into details...

78 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by senatordave1(m): 1:15pm On Oct 17, 2018
Trouble1:
Sentiments apart .
Buhari will win in 2019 with a large margin.
I don’t want to go into details...
Buhari will surely get 25% in akwa ibom.only udom and albert remain for pdp

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by hisexcellency34: 1:17pm On Oct 17, 2018
I am sure Akpabio will deliver the whole of South- South plus South East to Buhari

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by dkronicle(m): 1:18pm On Oct 17, 2018
I dont have problem with pdp or apc. The thing is we need another president. I'm surprised that some people are still Ready to vote buhari.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by Ebimor96: 1:18pm On Oct 17, 2018
The Speaker of the Akwa-Ibom State House of Assembly should as a matter of urgency, declare the decamped legislator's seat vacant.

He is not a bonafide son of Akwa-Ibom State.

He should be put on a plane and deported to Daura.

He isn't one of us, but a traitor.

6 Likes

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by Ebimor96: 1:18pm On Oct 17, 2018
grin grin

1 Like

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by fuckipobs: 1:18pm On Oct 17, 2018
In politics its about permanent interest not permanent enemies. Abraham Lincoln USA president.
However Igbos and their political PDP C.A.N want to divide the country into religious line, Thank Jesus son of Mary, it will not work with people like Akpabio alive it will not work. The agents of devil are planning to do evil but God is the best of planners.

Last night When Ahmed Musa a Northerner refused to be selfish and passed the ball to Igalo Odion a southerner to score the first goal of the game against Libya some idiot Igbos called him mumu, because he choose to be selfless. But God the best of planner's rewarded Ahmed Musa with an assist from Igalo, the Igbos pigs still called Igalo a mumu for giving hausa boy goal to score, God still rewarded Igalo for doing the right thing. God will reward Akpabio with something better than being a tribal leader when he was among the Igbos, now that he has done the right thing. Watch and see miracle from God, Igbos do the right thing like Igalo Odion.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by PassingShot(m): 1:18pm On Oct 17, 2018
senatordave1:

25%? You must be joking.

If PMB doesn't get 40% in Akwa Ibom, remind me of a promised gift.

In SS, PMB will be very competitive in Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Delta and win in Edo.

Mark this post.

44 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by fergie001: 1:18pm On Oct 17, 2018
Hahahahahahah grin

Sentiments apart,
grin grin grin grin angry angry grin grin grin
Look upandan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by hisexcellency34: 1:18pm On Oct 17, 2018
Is this old mama Nsima Ekere's wife?
Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by seunmsg(m): 1:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
Akwa Ibom is now fully APC.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by Ategberoson(m): 1:23pm On Oct 17, 2018
udom
Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by WebSurfer(m): 1:23pm On Oct 17, 2018
I weep when I read comments
Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by Wheezdwisdom(m): 1:23pm On Oct 17, 2018
As for me I will vote for Buhari ahead of Atiku.....it is unfortunate that this two are the only candidates people are talking about, what happened to the rest
dkronicle:
I dont have problem with pdp or apc. The thing is we need another president. I'm surprised that some people are still Ready to vote buhari.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by ngadaAwo: 1:25pm On Oct 17, 2018
lol

dreamers
Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by seunmsg(m): 1:25pm On Oct 17, 2018
senatordave1:

I think Buhari will get more than 25% in Akwa-Ibom. Rivers is another state that will turn up surprisingly for the president. PDP will be shocked in 2019.

21 Likes

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by ngadaAwo: 1:25pm On Oct 17, 2018
[s]
CilicMarin:
Congratulations To Buhari and Nsime Ekere!

Congratulations To Akpabio!

Congratulations To The APC!

Akwaibom Is APC and APC Is Akwaibom!
[/s]

kastina is pdp
Pdp is kastina

kiss the truth
Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by Ebimor96: 1:26pm On Oct 17, 2018
dkronicle:

Declare his seat vacant immediately.

Even BUHARI
himself has Capitulated and Atikulated long ago.

2 Shares

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by bigfish3k: 1:26pm On Oct 17, 2018
this is why i am blaming jona for taking rivers state oil block to dash it akwa ibom because of his quarrel with amaechi

see their level of betrayals now

1 Like

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by habymi: 1:27pm On Oct 17, 2018
u can be a member of APC ooo but pls don't vote for BUHARI biko
Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by PROPHETmichael: 1:27pm On Oct 17, 2018
senatordave1:

A house of assembly member without electoral value.
Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by ngadaAwo: 1:27pm On Oct 17, 2018
[s]
seunmsg:

I think Buhari will get more than 25% in Akwa-Ibom. Rivers is another state that will turn up surprisingly for the president. PDP will be shocked in 2019.
[/s]
kastina will surprise Buhari
Pdp will get 40% in katsina
40% in borno
50% in kano
Infact pdp will poll 50% votes in the whole North

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by ngadaAwo: 1:27pm On Oct 17, 2018
PROPHETmichael:

A house of assembly member without electoral value.
lol
anything to console themselves is allowed

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by Sholaco: 1:28pm On Oct 17, 2018
hisexcellency34:
I am sure Akpabio will deliver the whole of South- South plus South East to Buhari
you are scared man grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by Trouble1: 1:29pm On Oct 17, 2018
senatordave1:

Well, you’ll be surprised PMB will get far more than that in that state .

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) by Almaiga: 1:29pm On Oct 17, 2018
Buhari is working. grin

Atiku and his Boys right now. grin

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Ihedioha Appoints Kanu Nwankwo As His Special Assistant On Sports (Pics / Accounting Guru Couldn't Attend ICAN Conference - Sowore Mocks Tinubu (Video) / 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.