Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

The Mystical Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mystical Life (4818 Views)

Mystical Power Of The Psalms / THE MYSTICAL POWER OF THE CROSSROADS (power to change your life) / Secret Mystical Powers Of The Bible & Christianity They Don't Want You To Know. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mystical Life by budaatum: 4:05pm On Oct 17, 2018
The Mystical Life Of Jesus
By Harvey Spencer Lewis

Harvey Spencer Lewis F.R.C., S:::I:::I::, 33° 66° 95°, PhD, a noted Rosicrucian author, occultist, and mystic, was the founder in the USA and the first Imperator of the Ancient and Mystical Order Rosae Crucis, from 1915 until 1939.

This fascinating, non-sectarian treatment of the unknown life of Jesus is based on records preserved in the archives of ancient monasteries of the Essenes and the Rosicrucian Order.

It is a full account of the birth, youth, early manhood, and later periods of Jesus' life, containing the story of his activities in the times not mentioned in the Gospel accounts. The facts relating to the immaculate conception, the birth, crucifixion, resurrection, and ascension will astound and inspire you. The book contains many mystical symbols, fully explained, original photographs, and an unusual portrait of Jesus.

[url=https://f5db1a33c5d48483c689-1033844f9683e62055e615f7d9cc8875.ssl.cf5.rackcdn.com/The%20Mystical%20Life%20of%20Jesus%20-%20H.%20Spencer%20Lewis.pdf]Click to download free copy[/url]
Re: The Mystical Life by vaxx: 9:57pm On Oct 17, 2018
Thanks for recommending this book for us.

But how are you so sure this book is not full of baloney?

Can you check the index and the bibliography of this book? What about the credentials of the historian?

I think it will be worth downloading when all this evidence are provided. So as to not download a worthless book.

2 Likes

Re: The Mystical Life by johnw47: 2:18am On Oct 18, 2018
i glimpsed at the book for a few seconds and saw where the writer claimed that Jesus parents were gentiles,
no need to go any further

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mystical Life by budaatum: 6:02am On Oct 18, 2018
vaxx:
Thanks for recommending this book for us.

But how are you so sure this book is not full of baloney?

Can you check the index and the bibliography of this book? What about the credentials of the historian?

I think it will be worth downloading when all this evidence are provided. So as to not download a worthless book.
No wonder you need a pastor! Why don't you just let me read it for you and tell you. Smh

To those who in orthodox sincerity will reject much that is presented in this book, I can say only: “Hold fast to that which is good!” If your faith, your knowledge, and your conviction in regard to Christian matters serves you well, and there is no inner urge to look beyond the veil, then do not do so. Permit nothing to weaken or lessen your adoration and worship of him who is your Savior and your Lord.

1 Like

Re: The Mystical Life by Nobody: 6:32am On Oct 18, 2018
budaatum:

No wonder you need a pastor! Why don't you just let me read it for you and tell you. Smh

To those who in orthodox sincerity will reject much that is presented in this book, I can say only: “Hold fast to that which is good!” If your faith, your knowledge, and your conviction in regard to Christian matters serves you well, and there is no inner urge to look beyond the veil, then do not do so. Permit nothing to weaken or lessen your adoration and worship of him who is your Savior and your Lord.
I believe you are not answering the question of vaxx.

Do you want people to stop believing one book kthe Bible) in order to start believing another one (this one)? Or to stop believing their pastors dogmatic' view in order to follow this other equally unfounded view? How is that progress?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Mystical Life by budaatum: 6:53am On Oct 18, 2018
LoJ:

Do you want people to stop believing one book kthe Bible) in order to start believing another one (this one)? Or to stop believing their pastors dogmatic' view in order to follow this other equally unfounded view? How is that progress?

Vaxx's question is one he can answer himself if he wants to. He should mind not to be under any obligation on my part.

And I have not asked anyone to believe anything, be it the Bible or a pastor. If you've ever read a single word I've written, you'd know I never have. 'Belief' is not a thing I hold in high esteem so I'd hardly be peddling it to others.

As to progress, that's up to the individual, surely. Progress for ganders may be regression for gooses.
Re: The Mystical Life by Ranchhoddas: 8:00am On Oct 18, 2018
LoJ:

You did not read the comment you quoted.

budaatum:

LoJ:

Pay attention to the highlighted part of the Budaatum's comment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mystical Life by vaxx: 8:07am On Oct 18, 2018
budaatum:

Vaxx's question is one he can answer himself if he wants to. He should mind not to be under any obligation on my part.

And I have not asked anyone to believe anything, be it the Bible or a pastor. If you've ever read a single word I've written, you'd know I never have. 'Belief' is not a thing I hold in high esteem so I'd hardly be peddling it to others.

As to progress, that's up to the individual, surely. Progress for ganders may be regression for gooses.

Good thing then, we're not a community of geese and ganders
Re: The Mystical Life by vaxx: 8:47am On Oct 18, 2018
budaatum:

Yes I will need a- pastor, but a good one. - most pastor are guru in the feild, they have the ability to take me beyond the religious standard book - they open up various & imaginative ways to examine and understand the wtting text.- they can tell me how one text is related/connected to numerous other text (exegesis) which you may or may not need to know - simply, they can also open up my imagination and make things so interesting that i would even pursue interesting verses or text that I might not have known or touched otherwise.. in short, I can be educated thru a clever pastor

Liberal orthodox should be open minded. If your so called books does not have an hidden agenda or base on fabrication and mere assumptions, the idea should be welcome.

1 Like

Re: The Mystical Life by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 18, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
You did not read the comment you quoted.

Pay attention to the highlighted part of the Budaatum's comment.

What is there to read, which I have not yet/or wrongly read. Tell Me.

And how does the highlighted answer the question of Vaxx.
Re: The Mystical Life by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 18, 2018
budaatum:

And I have not asked anyone to believe anything, be it the Bible or a pastor. If you've ever read a single word I've written, you'd know I never have. 'Belief' is not a thing I hold in high esteem so I'd hardly be peddling it to others

This is not the bone of contention.

Is it legitimate or not to ask for references when a historical claim is made about the "unknown" years of so called Jesus.

You present a book that claims to be factual and historical. Is it not normal that vaxx asks for references and evidence?

The whole thesis about progression and regression is out of question. Nobody is looking for progression here, just references.

2 Likes

Re: The Mystical Life by Ranchhoddas: 1:42pm On Oct 18, 2018
LoJ:

And how does the highlighted answer the question of Vaxx.
Vaxx's question was "how are you sure this book is not full of baloney?" right?

How is the highlighted not an answer?
Re: The Mystical Life by Ranchhoddas: 1:51pm On Oct 18, 2018
LoJ:

This is not the bone of contention.

Is it legitimate or not to ask for references when a historical claim is made about the "unknown" years of so called Jesus.

You present a book that claims to be factual and historical. Is it not normal that vaxx asks for references and evidence?

The whole thesis about progression and regression is out of question. Nobody is looking for progression here, just references.
The book does not claim to be "factual" and these concerns are addressed in the introduction.
Even with the references given (Mainly Rosicrucian, archives) the author still tells the reader to disregard the information therein if he/she is dissatisfied with what is found in the book.
What else do you want?

Do you imagine that someone would author a book on the mystical life of Jesus without expecting to be questioned of the source of his information?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mystical Life by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 18, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
What else do you want
I do not want anything, I did not ask any question. I was addressing the question of Vaxx and bud's answer to it.

Mind you I have already read this book (in part) and well aware of the theories in it.

Back to the topic, when you present a book about the hidden years of Jesus, everybody takes it immediately for a historical account. It would have been simpler and easier in response to Vaxx to indicate that this account is not historical but mere legend and as such does not require evidence. Instead of talking about progression and regression which is mostly used by spiritual sophists.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Mystical Life by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 18, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Vaxx's question was "how are you sure this book is not full of baloney?" right?

How is the highlighted not an answer?
That is not the full and main question. It was an introductory question.

The main issue here is what achives / references does the book use. This is a good question which people Should always ask.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mystical Life by vaxx: 2:59pm On Oct 18, 2018
LoJ:

I do not want anything, I did not ask any question. I was addressing the question of Vaxx and bud's answer to it.

Mind you I have already read this book (in part) and well aware of the theories in it.

Back to the topic, when you present a book about the hidden years of Jesus, everybody takes it immediately for a historical account. It would have been simpler and easier in response to Vaxx to indicate that this account is not historical but mere legend and as such does not require evidence. Instead of talking about progression and regression which is mostly used by spiritual sophists.
That book is a strange blend of sophistry, superstition, and false historical make up. It is much closer to Aquarian gospel of Jesus Christ that also base its evidence on unneccasry assumptions.

What is the essence of such a book...... To swallow it without evidence or to belief it by faith.....i know the book initially and that is why I raised those questions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mystical Life by budaatum: 3:04pm On Oct 18, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
The book does not claim to be "factual" and these concerns are addressed in the introduction.
Even with the references given (Mainly Rosicrucian, archives) the author still tells the reader to disregard the information therein if he/she is dissatisfied with what is found in the book.
What else do you want?

Do you imagine that someone would author a book on the mystical life of Jesus without expecting to be questioned of the source of his information?
I am very grateful to you for saving me the hassle of further responding to their nonsense.

Vaxx I can perfectly understand. Lately, if I post that the sun is in the sky, he would argue it's under the sea, but you LoJ!? I don't know you for making spurious claims so you surprise me!
Re: The Mystical Life by budaatum: 3:13pm On Oct 18, 2018
LoJ:

Who presented a book about the "hidden years of Jesus"?

Those who wish to progress should learn to read accurately!
Re: The Mystical Life by budaatum: 3:16pm On Oct 18, 2018
LoJ:

The title of the book!

The fact the author himself said don't bother reading it if you don't want to!

Calling for references without even knowing what you need references for!
Re: The Mystical Life by Ranchhoddas: 3:25pm On Oct 18, 2018
LoJ:

That is not the full and main question. It was an introductory question.

The main issue here is what achives / references does the book use. This is a good question which people Should always ask.

Clearly stated as "The Rosicrucian archives in foreign lands embracing the records of the Essenes, Nazarenes and Nazarites as well as the records of the GWB in Egypt, Tibet and India".
This is very clear to me.

The author gives his sources and explains that the reader is free to accept or reject the information contained in his work.

I don't think you can ask an author for more. You should re-read the introduction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mystical Life by Ranchhoddas: 3:31pm On Oct 18, 2018
vaxx:
That book is a strange blend of sophistry superstition, and false historical make up. It is much closer to Aquarian gospel of Jesus Christ that also base its evidence on unneccasry assumptions.

What is the essence of such a book...... To swallow it without evidence or to belief it by faith.....i know the book initially and that is why I raised those questions.

Lol.

I had to Google that word to be sure I was not the one mixing things up.
You don't know the meaning of that word. In fact, I am not sure you opened a page of that book.

Just running your mouth all over the place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mystical Life by budaatum: 3:38pm On Oct 18, 2018
Ranchhoddas:

Lol.

You don't know the meaning of that word. In fact, I am not sure you opened a page of that book.

As he usually does, lolx2
Re: The Mystical Life by vaxx: 3:41pm On Oct 18, 2018
budaatum:

I am very grateful to you for saving me the hassle of further responding to their nonsense.

Vaxx I can perfectly understand. Lately, if I post that the sun is in the sky, he would argue it's under the sea, but you LoJ!? I don't know you for making spurious claims so you surprise me!
stop being emotional. Vaxx dont derive anything from your blunder. If you make a reasonable point, no one will argue it.

You actually don't say the sun is in the sky, your post always sound like you mean the sky itself is the sun or the sun itself is the sky.

So a reasonable person . One needs to analyse your post for a better clearance so as to not swallow ignorance.
Re: The Mystical Life by budaatum: 3:44pm On Oct 18, 2018
vaxx:

So a reasonable person . One needs to analyse your post for a better clearance so as to not swallow ignorance.
You, unfortunately, do not quite qualify.
Re: The Mystical Life by vaxx: 3:47pm On Oct 18, 2018
Ranchhoddas:

Lol.

You are free to open your mouth and splash it to wherever you decide.

I have a similar book with me. The Aquarian gospel of Jesus Christ and i have also go thru this as well.

There is no better description than to say the book is a complete sophistry.

Maybe you need to Google the word again....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mystical Life by vaxx: 3:49pm On Oct 18, 2018
budaatum:

You, unfortunately, do not quite qualify.
yes by budaatum standard that is rooted in fallacy.
Re: The Mystical Life by Ranchhoddas: 3:54pm On Oct 18, 2018
Dude stop lying
You did not read the book!
vaxx:
You are free to open your mouth and splash it to wherever you decide.

I have a similar book with me. The Aquarian gospel of Jesus Christ and i have also go thru this as well.

There is no better description than to say the book is a complete sophistry.

Maybe you need to Google the word again....
Re: The Mystical Life by vaxx: 3:58pm On Oct 18, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Dude stop lying
You did not read the book!
Negro. Stop claiming what you don't know, I read it. That is the screenshot and the time i downloaded it which was yesterday the day the op posted it.

Re: The Mystical Life by Ranchhoddas: 4:10pm On Oct 18, 2018
vaxx:
Negro. Stop claiming what you don't know, I read it. That is the screenshot and the time i downloaded it which was yesterday the day the op posited it.
Lol!
Re: The Mystical Life by vaxx: 4:15pm On Oct 18, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Lol!
I am man of evidence and proof. I just don't rant my mouth just because I want my veiw to be heard

The foundation of that book( I mean the introduction) already open up the tendency to doubt it.

And ofcourse the book prove me right.........
Re: The Mystical Life by budaatum: 4:41pm On Oct 18, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Lol!
A screenshot is evidence you read it vsxx? lol! shocked shocked

Thing is, even if he read it, he'd still misunderstand it. Simple "sun is in the sky" sounds to him like "the sky itself is the sun or the sun itself is the sky".
Re: The Mystical Life by Ranchhoddas: 4:53pm On Oct 18, 2018
budaatum:

A screenshot is evidence you read it vsxx? lol! shocked shocked

Thing is, even if he read it, he'd still misunderstand it. Simple "sun is in the sky" sounds to him like "the sky itself is the sun or the sun itself is the sky".
How preposterous!!

I just had to let him be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are You Truly Serving God? / A Must Read For All Married Couples And An Eye-Opener For The Yet To . . . / Is Any Nigerian Fooled By Pastor With 666 Tattoo Claiming To Be Divine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.