Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State - NYSC (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State (119256 Views)

Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. / Sex In NYSC Camps: How True? As A Corps Member Please Share? / Kano Corpers And Camp Soldiers Clash In Karaye NYSC Orientation Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 9:27pm On Mar 02, 2019
Oshodi-Isolo LGA is one of the biggest LGAs in Lagos state. And as such, would require a large number of corpers to take part in the elections in the LGA. The ones they had (who had indicated interest) were below the numbers required, so they borrowed 200+ guys from Ikeja LGA to complement what they had.

Three days to the election,NYSC organised a security sensitisation for the participating corp members at TBS, Surulere.

Of course, I didn't go.

The way money finishes on transportation alone in this Lagos, you go priotise your outings grin

The next day was oath taking ceremony at the LGA and I went for it because I knew it's importanter than TBS. I got there an hour behind schedule and the event hasn't even started yet.

Naija and African time. Even me wey come late no miss the NYSC anthem recital grin

The crowd I met this event was not funny. The hall was full and more numbers were outside the hall. Everywhere was hot and very noisy.

Me that is allergic to noise and crowd, heeey god sad

When the event started, our LGI had to punish some noise makers to make the place less noisy grin.
The oath commissioner came and did her thing and bla bla bla, we finished and went home.

Today was valentine's day so happy valentine's day to y'all that celebrated in arrears. To those of you that consummated valentine's day, congratulations. The seed should be germinating by now grin.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 9:30pm On Mar 02, 2019
The next day was the eve of the elections so I didn't go to work as the previous day and the day before that. I stayed back to rest and read for my test too. The list of the officials and their wards were out and unfortunately, yours truly was made the presiding officer of his polling unit.

Who did I offend again sad.

Work wey dey that position plenty gan!

We were supposed to be four but I saw just three names. I tried to contact the other two and the first one's line didn't go through. The other did and an arrogant person was the receiver. Since I don't waste my airtime on negative energy, I ended the call and decided to lock up for the main time.

I arrived the LGA that evening, which is a stone throw from my RAC (where I'm actually supposed to be). I kukuma went to the hall we use for NYSC meetings, found a good spot and stayed there. There was light, charging spot, fan and security everywhere.

Unlike the unpleasant pictures of fellow corpers in their RACs some of you saw trending during that weekend.

I was worried sturvs maybe going on at the RAC while I'm here chilling. But for some reason I don't know, I didn't move anywhere else for the rest of the night. There was no sleeping mattress or mats here (or at the RAC) and yeye me didn't bring common blanket along to sleep on sad

That was how I stayed on an arm less plastic chair throughout the night cry.

Some other corpers came to the hall and passed the night. We all stayed there until when news of the postponement started filtering in. Before the unfortunate news came in, I had managed to sleep off on the chair for a few hours. The news woke everyone up and different reactions to the news ensued at different corners of the hall.

See ehn, I don't want to rant about how disappointed I was about this development angry so let's just continue with the gist.

I waited until about 5am before I packed up and left the LGA with a couple of others who did same. And since today was supposed to be election day, vehicular movement wouldn't be expected so the possibility of finding a bus home will be a almost negligible.

We walked a few miles before we got to the bus stop. But before we did, we passed a brothel on the way and something happened cheesy

I was gisting with one of my friends online about the election and other things, so the company I was walking with were already several yards ahead of me. I didn't notice the gap and continued my gist while I continued my 'slow messaging' pace. Across the dimly lit street, I heard

'heyss'.

I turned my attention to the direction of the sound and I saw a storey building with a gate open and dark figures standing at the entrance. At first, I couldn't make anything out of the sound or figure (since that part of the street was dark). I took a second look and this time I heard footsteps. A figure was actually walking towards my direction and mumu me had stopped walking since I heard the 'heyss' grin.
The approaching figure turned out to be a lady and she was now few metres away from me. Realising what this was I decided to just move on. This aunty blurted out;

'bros comman collect kpekus. I go give you discount'

Brothers and sisters, I tear race!

Kpekus kill una there

I ran and didn't stop until I caught with others (who didn't even notice my absence because they were seriously gisting). I couldn't even tell them what just happened out of embarrassment. Although one asked why I was breathing heavily, I told him;

'its just an exercise sturvs ' grin

We got to the bus stop and we joined the crowd waiting for bus. It seemed like none was coming and I had already opened my google maps to determine how many miles and time it'll take to leg it from here to festac grin.

Buses came and you need to see the struggle to get in. This type is what we call 'enter fez and ask bus fare later ' . I followed and struggled till I entered one that was headed my way.

Small small, these Lagos life is entering me. Last week was case with conductor. Today is clawing at people to enter bus sad

I got home and spent the whole day sleeping. When I finally woke up later that evening, I gisted a friend what happened and the goat wished we exchanged places.

One man's meat........ grin

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Bestlily(f): 9:27am On Mar 03, 2019
hahahaha
e shock the conductor say you dey serious to collect your change.
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by sconp: 7:52pm On Mar 03, 2019
nonye6194:

An argument ensued between two passengers, which slowly involved more passengers and it turned into a heated argument. I don't really know the origin of the argument but when I saw people arguing, I reduced the volume of the song playing to hear small.

Abi who no like live drama? wink

The few things I could pick up from their argument was centred around the following topics;

-The Lagos marathon (which was today) and the problems it created

-How much service is enough service. (These pipu went as far as using nysc as an example. And I was seated at the back on my khaki) angry

-PMB, Atiku, Jagaban, elections

-bla bla bla

Before it was getting too heated for my listening comfort, we were approaching my bus stop.

!

In my head;

'Did I just kick down a bus conductor?! sad

I don kee myself today eh cry

I was scared I might have hurt him. I was more scared for what he'll do when he stands up, so I braced myself fo
Reached for his pocket and counted out #400 and handed it over to me. Then he hopped back in the bus and they left. He didn't say anything to me, not a word. The remaining crowd behind left, disappointed that the fight ended just before it got interesting.

Still shocked about the whole incident, I quickly crossed to the other side of the road and took another bus to my last bus stop.

Things escalated quickly even before I knew what was happening. And I wouldn't have narrated this here but I decided to when I remembered a couple of onlookers recorded part of the the incident. Incase it gets out, you've already heard my own side of what happened. Gossip tabloids would spice it up for a good argument to sprout in the comment's section. Trust outlets like instablog9ja with headlines like :

"Corper beats down a poor conductor because he learnt martial arts in camp" grin

Linda Ikeji would dig deep to find out who I am and make nysc catch me faster sad :

"Corp member, Nonye with code LA/18B/0000 beats a conductor at Festac gate"

Our dear NL and lalasticlala wee kukuma nail the coffin with their own caption grin

"Nairalander, nonye6194 is an agbero, beats up fellow agbero today"

I think this is the funniest update I have read here. I laughed to stupor.

That's why Lagos issa rough city, if to say you dull am your #400 na sakamaje. Kicking down the conductor was bad but I guess that was were instinct took over.

The bolden captions killed me finally grin

From the email address I am seeing on that picture, are you sure it is a gas company that invited you or GNLD.
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 8:09pm On Mar 03, 2019
sconp:

I think this is the funniest update I have read here. I laughed to stupor.

That's why Lagos issa rough city, if to say you dull am your #400 na sakamaje. Kicking down the conductor was bad but I guess that was were instinct took over.

The bolden captions killed me finally grin

From the email address I am seeing on that picture, are you sure it is a gas company that invited you or GNLD.

haba bros, gnld

no be sha grin

below is one of what they're into; sales, installation and maintenance of ventilators (those machines patients get tethered to in movies, to monitor their vitals)

I took this after my test there. no worry, full gist dey come

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by sconp: 8:32pm On Mar 03, 2019
nonye6194:

haba bros, gnld

no be sha grin

below is one of what they're into; sales, installation and maintenance of ventilators (those machines patients get tethered to in movies, to monitor their vitals)

I took this after my test there. no worry, full gist dey come
Then you gallant my man.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 03, 2019
Nonye, you write beautifully..and i hope the experience you narrated here can help me one way or the other during my service

Kudos bro!
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by benob(m): 8:53pm On Mar 04, 2019
Nonye!!
Can someone change ppa four months to end of nysc!!
I have a request letter
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by SPDAZZY(f): 10:30am On Mar 05, 2019
Nairalander, nonye6194 is an agbero, beats up fellow agbero today.

Lol grin. shocked cheesy grin Abeg nonye take am easy!
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2019
SPDAZZY:
Nairalander, nonye6194 is an agbero, beats up fellow agbero today.

Lol grin. shocked cheesy grin Abeg nonye take am easy!

grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by benob(m): 4:03pm On Mar 05, 2019
nonye6194:

grin
how far bro
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 6:27pm On Mar 05, 2019
Tundexxy:
Nonye, you write beautifully..and i hope the experience you narrated here can help me one way or the other during my service

Kudos bro!

Thanks. Sure to help anytime cheesy
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 6:27pm On Mar 05, 2019
benob:
Nonye!!
Can someone change ppa four months to end of nysc!!
I have a request letter

Yes and no. Yes if your LGI is an understanding person. no if it's the vice versa
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 6:28pm On Mar 05, 2019
Bestlily:
hahahaha
e shock the conductor say you dey serious to collect your change.

no be joke o grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by benob(m): 6:29pm On Mar 05, 2019
nonye6194:

Yes and no. Yes if your LGI is an understanding person. no if it's the vice versa
okay thanks
na Mr Greg for ikeja 1
e dey understanding from far!!
never get one on one conversation with am sha
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 6:31pm On Mar 05, 2019
benob:

okay thanks
na Mr Greg for ikeja 1
e dey understanding from far!!
never get one on one conversation with am sha

lmao that man showed me shege. Ikeja 1 was my first LGA. if you read this thread about what happened when I left camp, you'll see why
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by benob(m): 7:33pm On Mar 05, 2019
nonye6194:

lmao that man showed me shege. Ikeja 1 was my first LGA. if you read this thread about what happened when I left camp, you'll see why
lol
unto reposting things!!
he sounded calm when I called him on the phone a while back ohhh!!
I pray he is in a good mood,the day I meet him oh
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by GadgetInstinct: 9:35pm On Mar 05, 2019
nonye6194:
Today was the day I was supposed to pick up the new phone, so I planned to get it after the training. MAY came for today's class after plenty 'abeg' (lol). She's the only person I do things with in my LGA so any activity she's not around for, it'll just be weird (lonely) for me. Hence why I dragged her into this one cheesy

She finished up her class earlier than me and left so I had to pick up my phone and started heading back home on my own. I boarded a bus to my destination, which the fare was #100. It wasn't long the bus started the trip, the conductor shouted their usual offering slang;

'your money dia!!!

And we started taking out and giving him our monies line by line. I gave a #500 note even tho I had a #100 note with me undecided

I needed the change for the rest of my trip home.

Before I brought out my #500 out, the auntie seated beside me was just poking her eyes inside my pouch as I was going through it. She thought I was bringing out a smaller denomination.

Pipu cannor have small privacy again angry

Well, to her disappointment I brought out the same denomination as she was holding.

We die here grin

We all sent our monies to the conductor who collected them and assumed his seat without making any move to start giving out any change to those who deserved them. I didn't bother to stress since we were barely halfway the destination.

Why would I? When my new phone was shacking my head like kilode. Since I picked up the phone after the training, I was so engrossed in it that I didn't pay much attention to what was happening around me. And the 'Creed II OST' album I was listening to made it more fun for me.

*Listen to J Cole x Ari Lennox's song and another by NAS x Rick Ross' too in the (creed) album wink

Back to the bus story,

An argument ensued between two passengers, which slowly involved more passengers and it turned into a heated argument. I don't really know the origin of the argument but when I saw people arguing, I reduced the volume of the song playing to hear small.

Abi who no like live drama? wink

The few things I could pick up from their argument was centred around the following topics;

-The Lagos marathon (which was today) and the problems it created

-How much service is enough service. (These pipu went as far as using nysc as an example. And I was seated at the back on my khaki) angry

-PMB, Atiku, Jagaban, elections

-bla bla bla

Before it was getting too heated for my listening comfort, we were approaching my bus stop.

Finally, I get to get off this bus of non stop talking cheesy

The thing about Lagos danfo arguments is that even those with 'not so good' odour will join. And when they do, you sef would suddenly lose consciousness and concede to their own side grin grin.

I got down and asked conductor for my #400 change and this uncle said vehemently (as if we were quarreling);

'I no dey owe you any change!!!

Then I went shocked

I was still trying to process what this guy said and before I knew what was happening, he has hopped back on the bus and tapped it (in their usual fashion) as cue for the driver to move on.

Since he was asking for it today.............

I held a sizeable amount of his Jean waistband and forced him down from the bus, as it was about to move. He kept ranting and threatening that my change is #100 not #400, that I gave him #200 not #500. Then a bystander asked him;

'no be you say you no dey owe am change ni

I turned to the bystander's direction and noticed a little crowd was already behind. And it had started drizzling at the same time but I didn't lose my grip on his trousers. Then the conductor started again by saying that my trip charge was even #150 and not #100. A passenger quickly countered him by reminding him that others who stepped down at this same bus stop paid #100 and we all boarded the bus from the same take off point.

The rain was getting serious and the crowd was dispersing. Meanwhile, the driver and the rest of the passengers who were arguing a shitstorm earlier in the bus were all mute during this exchange.

Did I care

Hell noooo!

I was bent on getting my change in full and not even the thought of landing on instablog was going to stop that. Then the passengers started yelling at the driver to move on. The conductor took that opportunity and tried losing my grip to hop back on the bus. Then I did the first thing that came to my head.

I kicked him while he was mid air and he fell down immediately!

In my head;

I was scared I might have hurt him. I was more scared for what he'll do when he stands up, so I braced myself for a retaliation when it comes.

He stood up.

Reached for his pocket and counted out #400 and handed it over to me. Then he hopped back in the bus and they left. He didn't say anything to me, not a word. The remaining crowd behind left, disappointed that the fight ended just before it got interesting.

Still shocked about the whole incident, I quickly crossed to the other side of the road and took another bus to my last bus stop.

This sounds fictitious but it all happened and I'm more worried it happened to me. Why is because I've never had an exchange with a conductor or driver before this day. Things escalated quickly even before I knew what was happening. And I wouldn't have narrated this here but I decided to when I remembered a couple of onlookers recorded part of the the incident. Incase it gets out, you've already heard my own side of what happened. Gossip tabloids would spice it up for a good argument to sprout in the comment's section. Trust outlets like instablog9ja with headlines like :

"Corper beats down a poor conductor because he learnt martial arts in camp" grin

Linda Ikeji would dig deep to find out who I am and make nysc catch me faster sad :

"Corp member, Nonye with code LA/18B/0000 beats a conductor at Festac gate"

Our dear NL and lalasticlala wee kukuma nail the coffin with their own caption grin

"Nairalander, nonye6194 is an agbero, beats up fellow agbero today"

I know what I did wasn't right and I truly am sorry for how it happened. But I needed to get my money back and in full. If not, I would've trekked from Festac first gate to 6th avenue and that wouldn't have been funny in this rain. When I got home, I called MAY to tell her what happened and she was full of regret she left earlier than me. If she didn't, she would've witnessed it herself because we usually board same bus to our destinations.

Thank heavens she didn't. And y'all won't see me anywhere on any blog for this grin
See person wey i been dey follow him thread keenly no patronise me for fone. I no read again abeg
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 3:11pm On Mar 06, 2019
GadgetInstinct:
See person wey i been dey follow him thread keenly no patronise me for fone. I no read again abeg

bros Eh no vex. I just saw an ad for a phone on the technology section and went for it. if I know, na you for supply me sad
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 3:13pm On Mar 06, 2019
benob:

lol
unto reposting things!!
he sounded calm when I called him on the phone a while back ohhh!!
I pray he is in a good mood,the day I meet him oh

he's always calm o. that no mean sey ein no fit change am for you. but best of luck egbon
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by benob(m): 3:20pm On Mar 06, 2019
nonye6194:

he's always calm o. that no mean sey ein no fit change am for you. but best of luck egbon
Thanks bro
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by segundpundit: 5:21pm On Mar 12, 2019
nonye6194:

dm
Sent
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 14, 2019
nonye6194:

I got down and asked conductor for my #400 change and this uncle said vehemently (as if we were quarreling);

'I no dey owe you any change!!!

Then I went shocked

I was still trying to process what this guy said and before I knew what was happening, he has hopped back on the bus and tapped it (in their usual fashion) as cue for the driver to move on.

Since he was asking for it today.............

I held a sizeable amount of his Jean waistband and forced him down from the bus, as it was about to move. He kept ranting and threatening that my change is #100 not #400, that I gave him #200 not #500. Then a bystander asked him;

'no be you say you no dey owe am change ni

I turned to the bystander's direction and noticed a little crowd was already behind. And it had started drizzling at the same time but I didn't lose my grip on his trousers. Then the conductor started again by saying that my trip charge was even #150 and not #100. A passenger quickly countered him by reminding him that others who stepped down at this same bus stop paid #100 and we all boarded the bus from the same take off point.

The rain was getting serious and the crowd was dispersing. Meanwhile, the driver and the rest of the passengers who were arguing a shitstorm earlier in the bus were all mute during this exchange.

Did I care

Hell noooo!

I was bent on getting my change in full and not even the thought of landing on instablog was going to stop that. Then the passengers started yelling at the driver to move on. The conductor took that opportunity and tried losing my grip to hop back on the bus. Then I did the first thing that came to my head.

I kicked him while he was mid air and he fell down immediately!

In my head;

I was scared I might have hurt him. I was more scared for what he'll do when he stands up, so I braced myself for a retaliation when it comes.

He stood up.

Thank heavens she didn't. And y'all won't see me anywhere on any blog for this grin
Lucky much, it doesn't usually end this way.
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Kirchhoff01(m): 3:44pm On Mar 17, 2019
Which month una dey pass out abeg?
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 12:00am On Mar 18, 2019
so I've been tryna make new updates but nairaland bots keep banning me for an 'auto detected spam'

So I have to either rewrite the posts (which will take time I dont have) or kukuma close the thread. Ionno who I offended but e go be sha
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by sconp: 1:09pm On Mar 18, 2019
Post it, then when spambot bans you, you'll call on the mod of this section to unban u and also unhide the update.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 5:06pm On Mar 18, 2019
Kirchhoff01:
Which month una dey pass out abeg?

ending june/beginning july

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by MYJIST(m): 6:33pm On Mar 19, 2019
nonye6194:
so I've been tryna make new updates but nairaland bots keep banning me for an 'auto detected spam'

So I have to either rewrite the posts (which will take time I dont have) or kukuma close the thread. Ionno who I offended but e go be sha
Nice piece... stumbled on it yesterday and it's been a wonderful story up to here... 'weydone'

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by benob(m): 10:06pm On Mar 20, 2019
Nonye
Greg said I must answer written query sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply)

Nysc Age Limit / Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) / My NYSC Experience In Kano State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.