Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State - NYSC (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State (119257 Views)

Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. / Sex In NYSC Camps: How True? As A Corps Member Please Share? / Kano Corpers And Camp Soldiers Clash In Karaye NYSC Orientation Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 6:45pm On Mar 21, 2019
benob:
Nonye Greg said I must answer written query sha

sey wetin happen?
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by benob(m): 11:10pm On Mar 21, 2019
nonye6194:

sey wetin happen?
unto change of ppa!!
say I induce my rejection for my former PPA,
and explain my predicament give am,
as long as them go change the ppa,no issues sha
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 11:41pm On Mar 21, 2019
benob:
unto change of ppa!! say I induce my rejection for my former PPA, and explain my predicament give am, as long as them go change the ppa,no issues sha

wait o, Greg is the one doing this abi una boss for FAAN?
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by benob(m): 12:02am On Mar 22, 2019
nonye6194:

wait o, Greg is the one doing this abi una boss for FAAN?
they have given me rejection letter from FAAN already,
but greg is saying because i induced the rejection I have to answer query
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 9:35am On Mar 24, 2019
benob:

they have given me rejection letter from FAAN already,
but greg is saying because i induced the rejection I have to answer query

abeg send dm let's talk
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by benob(m): 12:47pm On Mar 24, 2019
nonye6194:

abeg send dm let's talk
Dis is my WhatsApp 08145797102
Dont have access to the mail used in registering this account
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by kmaxx(m): 1:50pm On Mar 24, 2019
Nonye,
Let's talk biko. I sent DM no reply yet. My call/Whatsapp contact is on my signature.
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 12:18am On Mar 25, 2019
If I knew the yeye inec would postpone the elections, I would've stayed back at home and spend more time on the job test I had coming up. I was so vexed after that weekend because I had a few days to prepare and those days would be spent at my ppa. And to make matters worse, my study materials are e-copies. This means I can't use my phone while at work sad.

I dey fear MD to catch me again using my phone at work grin

I tried what I could to get ready for the test with the time I had left and the day of the test approached faster than I wished. The morning of the test came and I set out two hours ahead of the test time towards Ogba, Ikeja. Crazy as it sounds, traffic made me arrive the firm eleven minutes late.

So much for first impressions angry

The look the receptionist gave me when I approached her desk and stated I'm for the test, is something I won't forget in a hurry. But that's not the issue we should be focused on right now, let's write this damn test fez. She led me to conference room where there were three guys (apparently candidates) already digging into the test questions shocked

My heart started beating fast, my head spinning. I was not at ease with the consequences of my lateness and to compound the present pressure, the receptionist informed us that we're all leaving the hall the same time, irrespective of when we started.

Panic level : Extreme

I was trying to compose myself to begin the test immediately and barely 5 minutes I started, one of the candidates I came in to meet stood up and submitted his script and left like nothing happened.

Wait!
Wait!!
What just happened shocked

Maybe the guy gave me the motivation (or not), but I finished ahead of the other two guys left in the hall and even had like 8 minutes to stoppage time to go through the 60 questions (40 quantitative and 20 verbal reasoning and logic) to reconfirm my answers. I noticed the two other guys had so much chemistry (copying each other) with no care for the receptionist who was our invigilator or CCTV cameras in the room.

Na that kain liver I dey like grin

To help person for exams dey good sometimes but this is a different setting. What if there's just one job slot and you help your fellow candidate to get the job, leaving you still unemployed.

Own goal grin

When we all finished, we left with no word from the receptionist or anyone. So I went home hoping I'll hear from them soon.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 12:20am On Mar 25, 2019
The next day, I got a mail invitation to an exclusive training workshop for top 30 Nigerian graduates, a training I applied for weeks back. I was pleasantly surprised cos I didn't believe I'd qualify for a 'top anything' list but here we are cheesy.
I wasn't slowing down on anything anymore. I've been sending out my CV for openings I seem fit and qualified for, engaged professionals on LinkedIn and gained insights from them.

So now I have a training workshop and a new job interview with another firm to attend the week after the new date for presidential/Legislature elections. Not bad cool

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 12:23am On Mar 25, 2019
I was wondering if or not this election thingy was worth it, after I had been scammed into sleeping at the LGA the previous Saturday for nothing. I thought 'what the hell, I might as well just do it since I wanted to before now'
So I prepared and packed up for another Friday and Saturday electoral duty. Meanwhile MAY, Zuby and I were supposed to visit the Lekki Conservation Center this month but as things be, especially with the crazy spendings we made, we decided to push the trip to the next month.

E pain me sha. Procrastination is a bastard.

I even connected with a Nairalander on one of my threads of places I've visited. And he told me about this interesting hike from (Snake island to Tarkwa Bay) his team are planning for the 30th of March (that's this weekend o). He gave me the details and side attractions of the hike and I was already in cheesy. It's actually the cheapest fee I've seen for such an interesting adventure. There'll be a boat cruise, games like football, volleyball, tug of war and light refreshments at the event. I won't paste the link for the hike payment (to avoid ban). But if you're interested, contact 0708 917 5315, 0812 902 3920, 0708 702 6328, or go to Instagram or Google and search for ''Prolificent fitness'. or better still, the poster is below.

The fee is just 3,000 naira pere and tickets have been selling out like the last edition. so if you dey around lagos, no dull yaself cool.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 12:26am On Mar 25, 2019
Back to Inec undecided

I went to the LGA at about 5pm on Friday evening and decided to stay at the primary school which is my assigned ward/rac center. I called my APOs and the one that picked was like he won't show up until tomorrow because he lives on the next street from the rac and doesn't want to sleep inside a classroom.

So na me be the mumu wey go sleep inside class alone abi angry

I joined the rest of my colleagues and we gisted the whole evening until we got tired.By now, the whole area was bustling in pre-elections spirit; non-sensitive materials disbursed, APOs and POs running around with their SPOs, etc. Almost every group was practising ahead of tomorrow and the only APO I could reach is in house sleeping comfortably. The others' phone numbers weren't connecting sef. And to think my group is disorganised even before we all met made me suspect a village somebody is behind this.

But goddamn it, I'm the freaking leader and need to take charge and control things. I picked up the phone and called the chilling APO and told him to rush down to the rac asap or forget his inec training money. That they're rewriting names and akant details for those affected in that regard. The way this guy rushed down in record time make me and laugh at the same time.

Money is the ultimate mumu button grin

By the way, the information I gave him was untrue. So when he arrived, he started to call my mobile like a million times but I didn't even pick for obvious reasons. I bought a zero coke and enjoyed my successful evil cheesy grin.

I go show una shege for this group grin

An hour later, a strange line called me and I picked up the call. Lo and behold, it was the other APO whose number never went through that was on the line. He had linked up with the one I was punishing for sleeping on the 'next street'.

Yawa cheesy.

I didn't pick the call initially. I wanted to show them small pepper as they wanted to be cunny and leave me to sort through our units materials collection that was this evening. It after like the 8th call that I decided to put them out of their misery and directed them to where I was. We stayed together afterwards until we decided to retire and get some rest before it's dawn. We crashed in the classroom, we corpers got mattresses from our NYSC secretariat, non corpers didn't. The APO that lived on the 'next street' didn't leave us. Deep down, I really wanted him to because I wanted to hatch one small evil.

Maybe the next elections grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by emotions1: 4:34pm On Mar 26, 2019
Fire on sir,we die here grin grin
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 2:53am On Mar 28, 2019
At about 4am, I was awakened by noise of folks already awake and out to bathe and dress up for the day's duty.

Ah ah. 4am, na nysc camp we dey so cry

I couldn't fall asleep again knowing others are preparing so I rose up and did same. Since all of our non-sensitive materials were in the classroom we passed the night, after dressing up, all the POs came together and we started sharing the materials per polling unit. And trust Inec, the materials were incomplete. Some materials were not there while some we saw were insufficient. A classroom may have material A and not B while it's vice versa for another classroom.

Even after one week of extension due to logistics sake, INEC couldn't get their shit together, smh undecided

By day break, we went down to get the sensitive materials which includes mostly several forms, ballot paper and the smart card reader. The sharing of the sensitive materials dragged on for hours and it was exasperating. The main INEC officials were just dulling everything and I was already regretting getting involved. We finally got the materials and left the rac to our respective polling units at about 10am.

An election where voting is supposed to begin by 8am undecided

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 2:55am On Mar 28, 2019
Locating and getting to the polling unit was another issue. My team and I joined a bus with other teams headed to their various polling units from the rac. And nobody knew their left from their right in this part of Oshodi. Instead they resorted to shouting at the driver and each other with directions I dunno who gave them. I had already placed my polling unit address on Google maps, so when we were close to it, I notified the driver and he dropped us off several yards to the spot (Some place in Mafoloku area).

I totally forgot to talk about this earlier but INEC pulled a stunt with name swapping overnight at the rac center. This pipu replaced so many people's names with new persons who weren't on any list before. To make matters worse, most of them didn't undergo the mandatory training. My unit had the APO guy (who I initially refused to pick his call) name removed and replaced with another person. Also, we got another person which now made my team complete (4 officials) which made me relived a bit.
But I felt terrible for the guy who's name was expunged from the list. He didn't do anything wrong; he attended the training (hasn't been paid), he came during the last week's postponed pre election camping, he came back for this one and marked his name present where necessary. There was nothing to justify why his name was removed. And I tried to see if he can be fixed in any other polling unit lacking an APO. All to no avail. We couldn't do anything about his case (since we were now four and complete) so we left him at the rac and left for our unit. And y'all know the deal with 'no movement' during elections in this country, so he remained at the rac until late evening when movement was allowed.

Poor guy sad

Did I mention that one of my new additions was a girl cheesy.
I know right?!
Y'all will think I'll be excited and all.

Wrong!!!!!!!!!

Babe was a chatterbox, one of the rare ones with strong intonation to go with grin. She didn't stop talking and this went on for the rest of the whole day. I was just imagining how those who live with her coped sha.

At the polling unit, we met voters who had been waiting for us and annoyed with our lateness. I apologised on behalf of my team, they accepted the apology and we got down to work immediately. The accreditation and voting process began in less than 10 minutes and it went on smoothly. Well it got difficult when it started raining around 1pm. The shade which served as the polling unit had a terrible cover with holes everywhere in it. So when it rained, everywhere was leaking like crazy and our materials were getting wet. And when the public offered to help, we declined.
Part of Inec's rule: don't accept any help in handling your electoral materials by non officials.

See what people do in Service to a country that doesn't send you.

Even with our lateness to the unit, we were able to finish accrediting and conducting voting for 100+ persons before the deadline time of 2pm. The party agents were suggesting when we came that we extend the deadline beyond what Inec laid down. I blatantly told them NO and explained why. That any accreditation beyond the time programmed on the card reader is irrelevant to the card reader. Which would invalidate the person's vote.

I don't know if this is true but they bought it anyways grin

We immediately started sorting out the ballot papers and getting set for counting. I was actually rushing my team to be hasty so we'd get out of the unit on time. I have to state at this point that my unit had no form of security whatsoever. Not even traffic warden.

Sounds crazy and dangerous right?

Well, that was what I thought when we got there and realised that. We called the spo, he apologised for the inconvenience and promised to send one down to our station immediately. The voters told us to start the process since security was coming and I thought:

'why the hell not'
And that was what we did. The voting process finished and we were about to begin counting votes and there was still no security here. So far, the atmosphere had been peaceful but my mind wasn't settled as the time went on. There were some facts I had drawn up from the voting process from the voters who came in. Which were;

-This area had a good number of easterners who constituted a majority of those who voted. They spoke the language so much I was afraid to disclose my origin to avoid any accusation of foul play from any of the party agents.

-With the above, it was very clear which side would win this unit even before the votes were counted.

-Then the present party agents began making calls and some disappeared even before the counting started.

-There were reports of ballot box snatching amongst other electoral violence in some polling units close to ours.

I felt the environment wasn't as peaceful as it was when we started. It was weird but that was how I felt. All my Apo1 told me was let's finish and get the hell out of this place. We were already rushing everything; from sorting to counting of votes. Even the voters and party agents were shouting at us to slow down to avoid making mistakes with the counting lol. And we were through with the presidential, House of reps and ballot paper counting. And like I guessed it, the opposition party were winning by a very huge margin. We were now halfway through that of the senatorial ballot paper counting when it happened.....
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 2:56am On Mar 28, 2019
Roars of motorcycles filled the once still air and from nowhere, our unit was surrounded by a group of dare devil looking riders (about 13) and their passengers, all looking like something from a James Hadley Chase novel, closing in on our unit from both sides of the street. It took me a split second to realise what this was; they're here to disrupt what we're doing, or something more dangerous.

'fucc me'

That was the only word I could mutter.

The crowd that were there for the votes counting were still and didn't move from their positions like they were electrocuted.
The sight of these thugs wouldn't even make you consider running away (well, my APO3 and 2 did, lol). The passengers on all the bikes got down and took strategic positions around the unit while the one eyed looking ogre (whom I presumed was their boss) shouted something in Yoruba that I didn't even care to listen to.
Immediately three of the henchmen came to the table where I was standing with my remaining APO and asked us not to struggle anything with them. We both nodded while they carried off the ballot boxes with the ballot papers used for the elections that we just finished counting. While this was ongoing, some folks who had their phones recording the counting process had it collected and the clips deleted. The phones got returned to their owners while those who were packing off the election materials carefully carried them, mounted back on their bikes and when they were satisfied with their mission, they rode off.
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 2:58am On Mar 28, 2019
I thought I'd be in shock or have one of those adrenaline moments due to what just happened but I didn't. I was more calm now they had gone and the nervousness I felt before they arrived had surprisingly vanished too. My two APOs that disappeared came back with one of the ballot boxes barefooted, breathing heavily and all tensed. That was the moment I found myself shocked. Many questions came into my head to ask them;

how come y'all have one of the ballot boxes;
did you really ran off with a ballot box while these guys arrived here; what if they went after you two?

The atmosphere was already tensed up and everyone was relieving the shock of what had happened so I decided not to ask them anything. So we just packed the rest of the materials with our belongings and looked around for a safe way back to the rac center. It was at this point the real election scare came upon me.
The emergency and security contacts we were given to call incase of any form of instability were all SWITCHED OFF. Seven of them. The spo's number? SWITCHED OFF TOO!

I didn't feel safe at this point. We were supposed to carry back the rest of the materials and whatever back to the rac and there's no inec vehicle in sight to convey us back. The residents themselves were at this point divided into a brewing brawl due to what happened. A side was accusing the other of being a cheat while the other was telling the other to go back to where they came from. Nothing felt right anymore and I was ready to take any option back to the rac center.

Even okada.

Luckily we sighted a group of commercial motorcyclists on the other street and I went to liaise with them to convey us back to the rac. They agreed and I decided to take it upon myself to carry the election materials on the bike alone. The okada man initially resisted carrying such sensitive material on his bike but I had to assure and reassure him that nothing would go wrong. Deep down, I was more worried than he was. This is because the thugs carted away some materials, but not all of them. They took just the thumbprinted ballot papers (which was barely 13% of the total papers we got). The unused ones were still intact in their booklets (12 booklets: where 1 booklet contains 100 ballot papers) and it was among what I had to get back safely.
My worry concerning this materials I was transporting turned into 'what ifs' which kept disturbing me.

-What if these hoodlums notice me with the materials and stooped us on the way?

-What if we get entangled in a crossfire somewhere between these hoodlums and security agents?

-What if the security agents stopped me and find me with such huge amount of unused ballot papers. Then suspect I'm taking it to a political party side who must've paid me for rigging ?

Honestly, I felt I made the wrong call opting for a motorcycle ride because I felt so exposed while on it. I was shiit scared but I made the call based on my instincts and I sure as hell don't doubt my instincts in trivialities. Miraculously I made it to the rac center. Minutes later, my APOs all arrived safely too.
We were relieved that we made it out of such dangerous situation.

But this was just the first lap.........

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 2:59am On Mar 28, 2019
After settling and thanking the motorcyclists, we dragged our load to the classroom used as a makeshift office earlier in the day by the inec officials to state our reports, drop their remaining properties and just go home.

Well, that was the plan.

On our way to the office, our ears picked up conversations from those we passed about violence in other units under our rac, then some places in Okota and surulere. Some of them whom we later spoke to, were also electoral officials who were conducting the election process in their units but it was cut short by a certain group of hoodlums. Their various descriptions matched with what we had so I concluded it was the same ring of henchmen carrying out a string of activities in the affected areas.

Another thing matched in our later conversations with our fellow officials from the other units; the opposition side was winning with a wide margin and these units had no security at all. Now here's the shocker;

the units the ruling party won, these thugs didn't go there and these same units had security.

The 1 million dollar question I couldn't answer was:
'How come they knew they'll be losing at these places and there were no securities to resist their attempts?

I also wondered

'was there any relation with the lines of the security, emergency room and that of our spo which were all switched off while the disruption went on? Could it really be all of these was pre planned ?

This was so disturbing for me to contain and it raised my anxiety level to extreme. I kukuma made up my mind to dump the materials at the office, berate the available officials for their unresponsiveness and just go home. We got to the office and it was empty!

It was then it dawned on us that there was no senior inec official around at the rac. My APOs and I agreed to wait for 30 minutes for anyone to show up so we can handover the materials to them and leave. Few Minutes later, one of those buses used to convey us to our polling units drove into the rac with an accompanying hilux van filled with armed DSS officials. The bus stopped and a couple of officials and electoral officers alighted with their belongings. And they all looked like they just had a tête-à-tête with death.

Apparently, a polling unit was in danger and they called for rescue. The security agent and inec staff showed up and rescued the officers at the unit. The rescue came after they had been beaten up and their materials taken away. Another unit in the bus took off with their materials when they saw the thugs coming from afar and they were given a hot chase by these thugs. In the process, some fell and sustained injuries. Their saving grace was that one the hilux vans of DSS patrolling the area happened to be passing their street at that moment. And when they noticed what was happening, swung into action and rescued the officials.

Talk about coincidence/luck/miracle

I was still trying to wrap my head around all of these scary accounts and another set of buses accompanied with security agents drove in. They had similar story and I was livid. I thought my unit was attacked but now I'm hearing and seeing things from other units, I knew ours was barely a stop off activity which couldn't measure up to any of what these guys are relating. I was witnessing victims of electoral violence first hand, not something off a twitter feed or Linda Ikeji's blog. It was so surreal and scary af. The rac was looking like something from an apocalypse movie, there was no normalcy anywhere and everyone was really tensed up. And I had totally forgotten to meet our spo to make our report before leaving.

Actually, one of my APOs tried to

She told me the spo was looking like he was the one involved in everything more than anyone else. He was part of the rescue team, picking calls and arranging for more support. I didn't even remember to realise his line that was switched off was no more unavailable. Well, I didn't want to cause a scene because I felt others safety is top priority now. I took out my phone for the first time since the elections started to go online and see what's trending on twitter.

Lagos, Rivers, Okota were topping the trending list. The accompanying pictures and videos to some tweets were too disturbing for my state so I put the phone back on air plane mode and in my bag. Some of my colleagues under the same spo, cornered the man and were giving a hell of a shouting. They berated him for;

-not calling nor providing them with security as he promised to when he was called.

-not showing up to supervise the electoral process in any of his units as INEC regulations demands.

-intentionally turning his both lines off when he was needed most.

Initially I felt the pressure was too much for the poor man (seeing his rescue efforts) at that moment but when this man opened his mouth to respond to these accusations, I felt like hitting him in the damn face.
This was his defense :

-no one forced forced us to take part in elections

-you knew it could get messy but you still enlisted.

-you can opt out of the second upcoming elections if you like yourself.

-my life is important too.

I felt my ears were failing me when this man was speaking so I made a video about everything. I still have the clip with me and dunno what to do with it. The spo's reply infuriated those around him more and my colleagues were now close to beating the man up. Sensing the impending mob attack, he ran to his Toyota Sienna and locked himself inside. I was wondering what we'll do to force this man out to collect small beating.

Then it began.

Gunshots

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 3:01am On Mar 28, 2019
The sound of gunshots threw the rac center into confusion. Inec staff and electoral officers scampered and ran to the nearest classrooms, food vendors stumbled over their wares in the frantic attempt to run to safety. Security agents at the centre went into adrenaline mode and took strategic positions to protect the area. I and my APOs and few friends ran to a classroom and laid flat on the floor for what seemed like a lifetime, but was just few minutes. A different set of henchmen were trying to gain entrance into the RAC center. And these ones were armed. But the combined efforts of the SARS and RSS at the gate kept it protected.

Just one wish was on my mind: to close my eyes, open it and I'm in my room in Festac cry

Moments later, two buses filled with soldiers from Bonny Cantonment drove into the rac. Their presence gave everyone confidence of their safety, while they're still there. Believe this or not, but the hoodlums still made two or more attempts to access the center, but the stronger resistance they met was now more than a match for them.
More security enforcements came and night was drawing near. Our spo finally came out of his car, I gave him my piece of mind, stated what happened at my polling unit, submitted a report in that regards and the card reader before my team left for our different homes.

How come we still came back with the card reader?

Well, my APO1 who's duty was with the card reader was always with the device throughout the time we were at the unit. Like, he carried this sturvs like it was his mobile. I wondered if he felt it was his personal property by the way he used it to do virtually everything grin. Little did I know his behaviour would save our efforts.
When the henchmen came, the card reader was in his back pocket and they didn't see or ask for it. We were still uploading (communicating) our card reader data to the inec server when they came. When the thugs left, he brought it out and the data has been successfully submitted. The look on my face..... shocked

What happened to the results we collated so far?

Well, we had all the results of all the parties for the three offices contested that day except that of one party. But with knowledge of ballot papers issued, damaged and counted, I was able to easily deduct the amount that was left for us to count, which the criminals took.

In our report we stated all of the results in the inec result sheet. But it never got mentioned when the electoral officer was announcing results on the TV I watched. So much for doing the right thing.

Back to the story.....

I still dunno how I made myself leave the rac in spite of the tension there. But I remember reassuring myself that I won't spend another night at this place.

Ever.

Nor take part in anything Inec: either as an official or voter. I found my way home and I was glad I came out in one piece, although I was still pretty shaken up. I took my bath and went straight for my bed to catch an early rest and sleep the day's terror off. This was at about 8:34pm. Even with the tiredness I felt, I found it very difficult to get some decent sleep, as my mind kept flashing back to the day's event and what I went through. This went on for hours until I found a good distraction for myself. A combination of Yanni, Enya and Kenny G's music. I finally gave in to a dreamless sleep at about 3 am.

I woke up the next day which was a Sunday and went to church with my family. But throughout the mass, I was barely present in what was happening around me. The thoughts from last night followed me to the church and I was still lost deep in them. I was thinking how yesterday is already gone and forgotten. And no one would launch a proper investigation to find out and punish the perpetrators of the crimes committed at our polling units, rac center and other places where there was disruption of electoral process. Not even the so called independent Inec would make a case for lives endangered.

Because we have been operating a failed system - failed leadership in all spheres, terrible arms of government and citizenry that know what and who the root cause of their problems are but can't do nothing about it. My perspective about this country and her future was greatly shifted after this experience and this is solely my opinion, which I am entitled to fundamentally. I as a person haven't had any political affiliations or sympathy for any party because I've come to the conclusion that all of them are usually the same many years ago. It is sad that the masses are usually the ones that'll fight each other to support those denying us of a proper democracy and we keep suffering the effects of whatever these bigwigs orchestrate for their personal gain.

But I believe in the power of the truth, honesty and hard work. I believe in the people of Nigeria. I believe one day (ionno when), everyone will get tired and a revolution would arise. There would be a cleansing. The norm would be gone and there would be a rebuilding. The people would rebuild the country we lost to hate, corruption, violence, disunity, religious beliefs, bribery and ignorance.

You can't expect a calm, if there was never a storm -Nonye6194 cool

Selah

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by HisGrace0000001(m): 9:24am On Mar 28, 2019
Wow!!! what an experience you've had there. Glad you came out unscathed. I love your belief about the future of our country. thanks for sharing the experience.
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 1:15pm On Mar 28, 2019
DkJay:
grin grin grin grin

Shoulda posted a picture of the Tola that has been causing all these drama.

As for Greg, I'm not in a hurry to judge anyone before I meet them. His actions only speak of something bigger which you prolly don't know about.

Hehe. Nice story tho.

When are you going to share your own Bonny and Clyde story?

brotherly. e don tey. havent heard from you, hope you're good?
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Mosminic(m): 4:32am On Mar 29, 2019
Infrastructural masterpiece Very nice write up though
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 12:02pm On Mar 29, 2019
Mosminic:
Infrastructural masterpiece Very nice write up though

where did you read that
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Mosminic(m): 12:43pm On Mar 29, 2019
nonye6194:

where did you read that
It's in your write up
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 12:58pm On Mar 29, 2019
Mosminic:

It's in your write up

There are a couple of errors in the thread which I admit responsibility for. I get DMs to correct certain wrong sentences, words and phrases when spotted. The first post on this thread addresses the grammatical errors issue and I always stand corrected. cheers
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Mosminic(m): 2:34pm On Mar 29, 2019
nonye6194:

There are a couple of errors in the thread which I admit responsibility for. I get DMs to correct certain wrong sentences, words and phrases when spotted. The first post on this thread addresses the grammatical errors issue and I always stand corrected. cheers
OK then. Apologies if any offense taken.
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 3:09pm On Mar 29, 2019
Mosminic:
OK then. Apologies if any offense taken.
none at all amigo. we learn and unlearn things to get better
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Bestlily(f): 9:25pm On Mar 29, 2019
thank you for sharing you experience. I can't imagine the tension and I'm glad you came out safe

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by DkJay: 6:04am On Apr 02, 2019
nonye6194:

brotherly. e don tey. havent heard from you, hope you're good?

Yeah, I sure am. Thanks for asking.

Just been up and about, doing some stuffs.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by JustAvo: 2:22pm On Apr 03, 2019
Recently stumbled on ur chronicle.... It's been fun reading thru it.

#Tried searching for that getjob group on telegram but couldn't find. Will be glad if u can provide their username as getjobs.com isn't bringing it up.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by superfelix: 5:39pm On Apr 03, 2019
wow.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 04, 2019
toh

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply)

Nysc Age Limit / Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) / My NYSC Experience In Kano State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.