Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State - NYSC (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State (119387 Views)

Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. / Sex In NYSC Camps: How True? As A Corps Member Please Share? / Kano Corpers And Camp Soldiers Clash In Karaye NYSC Orientation Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 9:02am On Apr 08, 2019
JustAvo:
Recently stumbled on ur chronicle.... It's been fun reading thru it.

#Tried searching for that getjob group on telegram but couldn't find. Will be glad if u can provide their username as getjobs.com isn't bringing it up.

dm

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 9:05am On Apr 08, 2019
something for my fellow Lagos corpers cool

for others, new updates on the way grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Popmaster2019(f): 1:40am On Apr 09, 2019
Lagos corpers la Wee!
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 12:20am On Apr 11, 2019
After the election's weekend, I decided to put all of what had happened behind me and snap back to reality. So on Monday I went to work at my ppa like nothing happened.
Well, the workers didn't let me be, as some of them (who knew I took part in the elections) quizzed me about how it went.

So much for putting things behind me

And since I wasn't ready to start narrating the whole thing, I just lied and said that I didn't take part anymore. Sey I pulled out in the last minute because of a 'not so good' feeling I had about the exercise.

Of course, they bought it grin

Around lunch break period, I went through my phone to find the mail below

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 12:22am On Apr 11, 2019
Now there's the type of thing I needed!

An opportunity to prepare for yet another job interview which would make me totally forget the 23rd incident.
I know some y'all would be wondering what a chemical/petrochemical engineering graduate dey do with social media marketing job. It simple:

I'm qualified for the job.

That's it. I worked as a manager while I was in the university for our institution's social media pages for five (5) years lol. I also worked during all my school breaks and strike periods in several roles ranging from administration, management, engineering and general business. Infact, I currently use two curriculum vitae that I use to apply for jobs: one describing me as an engineer/technical person while the other portrays me as a management, marketing and administration professional. And I was able to do this because of those small jobs I did back then to gain small 'raba' for school books and never ending engineering projects.

In summary, yours truly was a hustler. Has always been wink

But I'll attribute what makes me get these job tests and interviews to the content of my CV.
Months ago, I met a guy on the telegram group I've been telling y'all about. I sent him a DM about reviewing my CV and this uncle was like I need two new CVs and cover letters which would cost 8k.

Haaaaaaa shocked

Me that has not even finished nysc will have two CVs

Wetin we go even write full two CVs sef undecided

8k? Sir abeg now sad

Well, I just decided to take the decision and do it after giving it a long thought. He's been doing it for a couple of guys in the group and I've seen those guys getting invites like it's juju. I did it hoping to use them (CV) after my nysc but he was the one that gingered me to start applying months before the end of my service.
It's been a long time I met a total stranger that wants to help someone succeed. That's how he pushes me. Sending me openings that fits my CV and masters scholarships sef. I wish I can share snapshot of my CV, lol.
I don't need to talk about the results of all these things he's been doing for me. Y'all have been seeing screenshots of my invites (and more to come wink ). I referred Emy and MAY to him and they've been going for interviews and tests like me.
It's unreal but make I no too loud am. But if you're interested in getting your CV and cover letter setup real good, contact him. He also sets LinkedIn profiles incase your potential employer needs to check you there. The smart thing I like about the LinkedIn part is He creates a hyperlink that takes you from the CV straight to your LinkedIn profile. He charges 5k for the cover letter, CV and LinkedIn profile setup. He gave Emy and May discounts because they mentioned my name to him. You might be lucky too.
Here is his WhatsApp/Telegram number (zero-seven-zero-three-eight-two-four-zero-eight-three-eight).

Back to our gist

The next day, I got another mail invite for a job test/interview.

Making it two invites in two days.

See what I'm saying? wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 12:22am On Apr 11, 2019
I spent the next few days I had to prepare very hard for the tests and interviews I had coming up. Since the one that came in before this one is scheduled for a much later date, I focused more the second one that was in two days. Funny thing was that both invites were for similar role. But still, I needed to dig deeper to find out about the firm I had in two days. Since their company's name or anything to gimme a clue wasn't given, I was out of options of how to know the firm beforehand.

I tried all I could but to no avail. All I knew was that it was an NGO, finish. I gave up stressing myself about their name and read up on possible questions and test for the role and NGOs. Just a day to the day of interview, I got a call from the firm about postponing the interview from Thursday to Friday.

Well, nothing spoil cheesy

I felt it was even an additional 24hours for me to tie up loose ends in regards to the interview. But when we finished speaking on the phone, my network displayed the name the line was registered with.

Guess what?

It was the firm's name smiley

You needed to see the way I ran to grab my pc to go online to dig up everything I could find about the name I had. Although I didn't find much, but the little I discovered was more than the nothing I knew before that call. I was even more relaxed now for the interview.

Y'all notice how I usually talk about village pipu whenever I have a little hick up in my day's activities or plans and find it hilarious or annoying angry.
Well I take them seriously but try to put them in a way to add a lil humour in your reading. I simply don't understand why some things need to go off plans and get messed up even after they've been simulated to work successfully sad.

Why I decided to rant small about the distinguished village people is because of this interview I'm about to talk about.

The day of the interview was here and it was raining.

Not your regular rainfall. It was raining like a hurricane and this rain has been falling since about 3 am and didn't stop or slowed down until about 8 am. And my test was slated for 9 am and I needed to be there at least 30 minutes before 9. But this rain was falling like it knew my plans and was bent on scattering it sad.

I was so frustrated up to the point that I had to call the firm and inform them about my predicament. Fortunately for me, I was graciously granted two hours extension (until 11am) to show up for the test. I was greatly relieved my 'gamble call' paid off. 20 minutes later, I was out of the house to beat another looming rain and traffic.

See as we dey smell traffic from house. Lagos makes you mad small grin

I arrived at the address on the mail and showed myself inside as I no see gateman or receptionist undecided. I walked down the corridor and ended up at the entrance of a hall where I saw people were seated and writing what looked like an exam. I kukuma assumed these ones are here on a business different from what I came for and I walked back to the reception to wait. No one showed up, so I called the number I called earlier and the receiver whom I spoke with earlier asked me to walk down the corridor to the hall where people are writing a test and sit down. That he's coming to gimme my own papers to start.

Come o!

So you mean these people have been here since 9 am and have been writing a test for almost two hours now shocked

Even with the two hours grace given to me, me sef felt ashamed going into the hall. I looked like one unserious person with zero time management skills.
I got in sha and settled down somewhere at the back back lol. I was still trying to take in my environment when my test papers arrived. I immediately reached for my calculator and writing materials to start digging into calculations part fez and probable essay section later.

But dear brothers and sisters, mummies and daddies, till date I couldn't believe the questions I got instead. I can't even shout about this one, just check the images below and see them for yourselves.

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 12:23am On Apr 11, 2019
When I read contents of the paper, I was confused about what was happening. I had to call the attention of the staff that gave me the papers to explain to him what I'm here for and baba just laughed and walked away angry

See me that was reading and racking my brain with loads of GMAT past questions in the build up to this test, only to comman a questionnaire that has no fail nor pass mark. On a second thought, I thought it was better it was a questionnaire that a nerve cracking test.

Abi now? Nobody likes stress wink

Going back to the questions, I felt they were kinda a bit weird to have so much religion related sturvs on it. I mean, I'm here for a social media manager role in your NGO and you dey gimme crk to answer. It looked like an Emotional Quotient (EQ) test but it wasn't.

Enough of the complaints, let's do this lol.

About 8 minutes later, I was done and I submitted alongside some of the guys I came in to meet (who were yet to submit theirs). We were instructed to wait as the interview session would commence immediately and it would be according to the time each person came in. Since I was among the last folks to arrive, I kukuma brought out my phone and went online to read about 'interviews with religious leaders and etc'.

We've seen the nature of the test and don't know what's about to happen in that interview room. Better I be ready and expect anything!

About an hour later , after most of the candidates had gone in for their respective turns, it was my own turn.
I got in and met two men who were the interviewers, I greeted them and I was beckoned to take my seat. Then one of them started throwing all those crazy tough questions about social media tools, management and general IT questions at me. For some stupid reason I was glad I was asked these questions. It showed they remembered what I'm here for grin.
I answered the questions to the best of my knowledge and the man was visibly pleased with them.
In my mind I was like;

na so e suppose be. This is what we came for! cool

Then it was the turn of the other interviewer and his first question caught me off guard. He asked me with a straight face;

'Are you a Christian?
.........Sorry lemme rephrase that for you. Are you a Born again Christian?

This was the time I had to activate my 'expect anything' settings in me. And I did that quickly by replying him 'yes', without revealing my shocked expression.
He went on to talk about how the firm is one that is owned by God-fearing Christians and having very spiritually filled staff. And sometimes, the job would require me to join them in religious programmes and etc in their own church.
At this point, I felt my ears were failing me but I found out they weren't when the man asked if I was following him. I nodded and he continued.

I was quite surprised I didn't get up or react verbally to what this second interviewer was saying. At the same time I was kinda annoyed. Annoyed that these people knew this was a different type of setup from the regular interview thingy. They would've done some of us a favour and related some of these their special details in the 'job requirements' section of their vacancy. It would have saved some folks (like myself) the stress of transportation fare and time for the test and this interview. At this point, I had already zeroed my mind on the job. But since the interview wasn't over, I decided to just play along till the end.

Then he got to the salary negotiation part.

Before I go on, lemme mention that earlier after our test session, we filled several forms with our data. One required information about our previous jobs, employers and salaries. I filled the blanks with sincere information incase they choose to contact any former employer, this one they are so religious here. Now let's get back to the salary negotiation
P.s I didn't include my PPA, lol.

The second interviewer picked up my own form to read the salary range I wrote, which I expected to be paid (if I got the job). The range was 600k - 840k per annum.

Uncle went off.

Like he went off literally!

He started howling how youths of nowadays want to earn from where they didn't sow; how we want to be paid millions for sitting and doing nothing; sey all of my life, the highest I've received per annum was 420k and I want to triple that.

Yes. He said triple.

Calmly I replied him that I arrived at those range after factoring in the transportation (and lunch) I'll be spending daily to and fro work if I was offered the job. And a good 40-47% will be deducted on transportation and lunch expenses alone per month.

He ignored my explanation and came up with a different angle to continue his rant. He began with how unqualified I was for the interview, talk less the job; that he has even decided to offer me the job because of how brilliant my CV was and how I handled his colleague questions excellently, which impressed him. He offered me a salary of 480k per annum for the job and added some more sub. He said;

'you better accept the job because there's no job anywhere and you yourself know this. Because you're an engineer but see what you're applying for'.

See uppercut sad

Only me chop all of this shaming

I smiled and told the man that I'd have to reject the offer so it can go to a more 'qualified person'. Since it's obvious I'm overqualified and asking for too much. I stood up, thanked them for the opportunity and left the office. On my way out, I stopped by the administration office where I submitted my two passport photographs earlier to get them back.
And I did get them back.

Since I no do again, lemme collect what I can salvage for future interviews. After all, they cost money and the second interviewer can understand how difficult it is to make money.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 12:24am On Apr 11, 2019
I decided not to tell anyone back at home about that depressing interview after I had told MAY and she laughed at my situation like it was some comic relief.

I no blame the fowl angry

On Sunday, I decided to goan visit my sister and spend the day at her place, sey e don tey. I had a good time there and I gisted her about all my job adventures so far, even the most recent embarrassing one I said I wouldn't share with anyone.

She laughed harder than MAY sad

These girls think my struggle is a joke to them. Abi I look like a joke to them.

In retaliation, I devoured a good plate of her afang and ended the meal with a good dessert from her birthday. We gisted more about everything and nothing, watched EPL matches, The Johnsons TV series, etc. It was getting late and I left for home after bidding her farewell. But before I left, one of her friends I spoke with on the phone asked me to forward both my CVs so he can see what he can do for me when he gets back to the country.

Na this kain friends I dey pray to get. No be Greg grin

Remember I was among the participants for the upcoming exclusive workshop I told y'all about earlier in my previous episodes, well the kini starts the next day. I was really looking forward to it, to anything to forget the last interview experience. Also, I have an interview this week with the first firm that sent me an invite for the position of a social media marketer. From the look of things, I made up my mind to skip going to work at my ppa throughout the week. And that was what I did.

All the ones we don dey go since September, wetin we gain undecided

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 12:25am On Apr 11, 2019
The next morning, I left very early for Victoria Island for day one of the workshop. As some of you might have guessed, traffic humbled yours truly even after all my calculations and pretty early movement. That's like the second (abi third) thingy I was going for something beyond the time that was communicated to me.

I know, I gotta do better!

Even though I arrived 31 minutes late, the event hadn't started and was a bit relived. But it wasn't long afterwards, we proceeded to the main auditorium for the workshop which began immediately.

The workshop was made up of interactive sessions, trainings, talks, group/individual tasks, etc. For me, it was an eye opening experience and kinda challenging when you see the other very smart participants slugging it out to gain more from the activities of the workshop. I said to myself at some point;

'True true, na brilliant children full the place'. Including me grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 12:26am On Apr 11, 2019
We were shared into 5 groups, each group with different tasks and responsibilities for the upcoming competitions in the remaining days.

Guess what?!

In my group, we were seven (7) in total.

And I was the only guy.

My village people didn't see this coming grin grin

But it wasn't going to be all fun and games cos we went straight down to strategizing how to handle our group tasks and etc with immediate effect. We concluded for the day and all left for our different destinations. Traffic held me and some of the participants (who boarded same bus with me) for close to an hour. We used the opportunity to talk and exchange contacts. And in the process, I was also surfing through my phone. That was the time the mail below came in

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Bestlily(f): 8:01am On Apr 11, 2019
nonye which juju are you using biko??

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 5:29pm On Apr 11, 2019
Bestlily:
nonye which juju are you using biko??

I've quoted his number grin. He's my medicine man
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Bestlily(f): 9:17pm On Apr 11, 2019
nonye6194:

I've quoted his number grin. He's my medicine man

I must contact him!!!
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 4:47pm On Apr 15, 2019
how many people still dey follow abi I don use boredom finish una sad

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 4:50pm On Apr 15, 2019
nonye6194:
Now there's the type of thing I needed!

An opportunity to prepare for yet another job interview which would make me totally forget the 23rd incident.
I know some y'all would be wondering what a chemical/petrochemical engineering graduate dey do with social media marketing job. It simple:

I'm qualified for the job.

That's it. I worked as a manager while I was in the university for our institution's social media pages for five (5) years lol. I also worked during all my school breaks and strike periods in several roles ranging from administration, management, engineering and general business. Infact, I currently use two curriculum vitae that I use to apply for jobs: one describing me as an engineer/technical person while the other portrays me as a management, marketing and administration professional. And I was able to do this because of those small jobs I did back then to gain small 'raba' for school books and never ending engineering projects.

In summary, yours truly was a hustler. Has always been wink

But I'll attribute what makes me get these job tests and interviews to the content of my CV.
Months ago, I met a guy on the telegram group I've been telling y'all about. I sent him a DM about reviewing my CV and this uncle was like I need two new CVs and cover letters which would cost 8k.

Haaaaaaa shocked

Me that has not even finished nysc will have two CVs

Wetin we go even write full two CVs sef undecided

8k? Sir abeg now sad

Well, I just decided to take the decision and do it after giving it a long thought. He's been doing it for a couple of guys in the group and I've seen those guys getting invites like it's juju. I did it hoping to use them (CV) after my nysc but he was the one that gingered me to start applying months before the end of my service.
It's been a long time I met a total stranger that wants to help someone succeed. That's how he pushes me. Sending me openings that fits my CV and masters scholarships sef. I wish I can share snapshot of my CV, lol.
I don't need to talk about the results of all these things he's been doing for me. Y'all have been seeing screenshots of my invites (and more to come wink ). I referred Emy and MAY to him and they've been going for interviews and tests like me.
It's unreal but make I no too loud am. But if you're interested in getting your CV and cover letter setup real good, contact him. He also sets LinkedIn profiles incase your potential employer needs to check you there. The smart thing I like about the LinkedIn part is He creates a hyperlink that takes you from the CV straight to your LinkedIn profile. He charges 5k for the cover letter, CV and LinkedIn profile setup. He gave Emy and May discounts because they mentioned my name to him. You might be lucky too.
Here is his WhatsApp/Telegram number (zero-seven-zero-three-eight-two-four-zero-eight-three-eight).

Back to our gist

The next day, I got another mail invite for a job test/interview.

Making it two invites in two days.

See what I'm saying? wink

this Is the guy's complimentary card for those that want to contact him . he's even on nairaland now lol >> thecvbank

1 Share

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by superfelix: 6:37pm On Apr 15, 2019
Stil Following o.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Bestlily(f): 7:04pm On Apr 15, 2019
Still following!! I'm a fan already.

Abeg update us na!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by EmancipatorEmmy: 8:27pm On Apr 15, 2019
nonye6194:

I've been with you since last year. Kontinu bros. Hehehe

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by HisGrace0000001(m): 12:42am On Apr 16, 2019
nonye6194:
Bore Wetin?
Abeg continue bro.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 16, 2019
Carry on nonye.... we dey here till God says

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by emotions1: 3:28am On Apr 17, 2019
Come and continue Sir
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Adekunleideology(m): 12:35pm On Apr 19, 2019
Mr Nonye .

Let me first confess that I'm a bondafide member of Ghost Reader Association (GRA) grin

I just need to comment now and show my appreciation for your wonderful memoirs.

Chief, you're an excellent writer! You write in a natural style which made your writings to strike a note in my brain, it's as if I'm in camp with you and living those experiences live.

Keep it up Sir.

I will not say much here, but I will appreciate if you can drop me your Whatsapp contact.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Adabass: 4:09am On Apr 20, 2019
nonye6194:
I dey ur back

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 11:47pm On Apr 21, 2019
Adekunleideology:
Mr Nonye .

Let me first confess that I'm a bondafide member of Ghost Reader Association (GRA) grin

I just need to comment now and show my appreciation for your wonderful memoirs.

Chief, you're an excellent writer! You write in a natural style which made your writings to strike a note in my brain, it's as if I'm in camp with you and living those experiences live.

Keep it up Sir.

I will not say much here, but I will appreciate if you can drop me your Whatsapp contact.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks.

dm

thank you smiley
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 11:55pm On Apr 21, 2019
50k plus views. the statistics are scary tbh. thank you to everyone who has read this long aśs sturvs from day 1 up till now. I have so many new updates but timing has been a bi÷ch recently. but I go drop something for my people this week. Happy Easter my people cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by emotions1: 5:26pm On Apr 22, 2019
Following since day 1...
I Stan a king Cc Nonye6194

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 2:03am On Apr 25, 2019
I got home a bit annoyed and stressed from the whole day. I rested a bit before going through my phone to catch up on what happened in today's session of the workshop I missed.

I was actually vexed small I picked the interview over the workshop. Sounds a bit insane right?!

My group had a final presentation to make the next day (which was the last day) and I jumped in to help with everything I could, since others were still on their way home and very tired. I worked on our presentations up till very late in the night. And I did it alone because others had gone to bed immediately they got home. And I didn't even blame em. I remembered how tired I was the previous day. I finished few hours from my regular rising time, so I decided to catch small sleep with the short time left before yet, another day that promises to be stressful. It wasn't long after I slept when I was woken up with the words;

'what a shame,
what a shame.
Shame on a niggá that tried to run game on a niggà........' grin

Thats the hook from the song I use as my alarm tone (Rick Ross x French Montana). I felt Ross was referring to me this particular morning because I woke up tired and annoyed the sleep was so short. Nevertheless, I jumped out of bed and started preparing (after letting the alarm to play up until the end grin ). Less than an hour later, I was on my way to Victoria Island.

Dear brothers and sisters, I got to workshop venue at about 8:13am cool. I was so glad with myself lol.

That's what you do when you experience traffic more often.

The event started with several talk sessions by several entrepreneurs and boy, did the speakers blow my mind with their stories. To cap the excellent morning session off, Leo Dasilva (a former housemate of the 2018 big brother naija) came in and gave a talk cheesy.
He spoke very smart and intelligently too about his business and all. But the high point of his session for me was the character my fellow participants displayed during his time with us. No one was star struck like what you see on TV when their likes are out in public. Even when he had finished his talk and was ready to entertain any bbnaija related questions, no one acted like they've even heard or seen the show before.

To me, that was some sort of classy response.

Well, a girl asked him a question but it was about his real estate business he embarked on months back. He was impressed and answered her question. Afterwards, we went out and took pishures with him and that was where I decided to follow and famz small, lol.

I've never seen any bbnaija or bbafrica show, not even a clip. I don't have anything against the show or anything, I just dey laidat. Even with that, I know the names and faces of some of the housemates from the show. And what they're known for lol.

The toilet people

The most hated babe

The one that smashed and told his friend and his friend told his gf and the gf told the hated babe

Lol

Don't blame me, blame lalasticlala and his penchant for taking anything related to bbnaija to front page always grin

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 2:10am On Apr 25, 2019
I got home a bit annoyed and stressed from the whole day. I rested a bit before going through my phone to catch up on what happened in today's session of the workshop I missed.

I was actually vexed small I picked the interview over the workshop. Sounds a bit insane right?! 

My group had a final presentation to make the next day (which was the last day) and I jumped in to help with everything I could, since others were still on their way home and very tired. I worked on our presentations up till very late in the night. And I did it alone because others had gone to bed immediately they got home. And I didn't even blame em. I remembered how tired I was the previous day. I finished few hours from my regular rising time, so I decided to catch small sleep with the short time left before yet, another day that promises to be stressful. It wasn't long after I slept when I was woken up with the words; 

'what a shame, 
what a shame.
Shame on a niggá that tried to run game on a niggà........' 

Thats the hook from the song I use as my alarm tone (Rick Ross x French Montana). I felt Ross was referring to me this particular morning because I woke up tired and annoyed the sleep was so short. Nevertheless, I jumped out of bed and started preparing (after letting the alarm to play up until the end  ). Less than an hour later, I was on my way to Victoria Island. 

Dear brothers and sisters, I got to workshop venue at about 8:13am . I was so glad with myself lol. 

That's what you do when you experience traffic more often. 

The event started with several talk sessions by several entrepreneurs and boy, did the speakers blow my mind with their stories. To cap the excellent morning session off, Leo Dasilva (a former housemate of the 2018 big brother naija) came in and gave a talk . 
He spoke very smart and intelligently too about his business and all. But the high point of his session for me was the character my fellow participants displayed during his time with us. No one was star struck like what you see on TV when their likes are out in public. Even when he had finished his talk and was ready to entertain any bbnaija related questions, no one acted like they've even heard or seen the show before. 

To me, that was some sort of classy response. 

Well, a girl asked him a question but it was about his real estate business he embarked on months back. He was impressed and answered her question. Afterwards, we went out and took pishures with him and that was where I decided to follow and famz small, lol. 

I've never seen any bbnaija or bbafrica show, not even a clip. I don't have anything against the show or anything, I just dey laidat. Even with that, I know the names and faces of some of the housemates from the show. And what they're known for lol. 

The toilet people 

The most hated babe

The one that smashed and told his friend and his friend told his gf and the gf told the hated babe

Lol

Don't blame me, blame lalasticlala and his penchant for taking anything related to bbnaija to front page always 

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 2:15am On Apr 25, 2019
After our lunch break, the group presentations began and we had a problem. All the slides and documents I stayed up to prepare the previous night was not going to be used because the projector was not feeling fine.

See ehn, ayam tayad! The frustrations are getting out of hand. Haba sad

My group members that had hopes of reading from the slides had to start practising the presentation without it. And I was actually impressed at how well the handled the situation and adapted quickly.
Me that prepared the materials didn't need any adaptation, I knew the presentation inside out.

I know some of you wee be shouting 'proud child' grin grin

Our group was group A and we were called upon to make the first presentation. Our group leader was not even around the building and the rest of girls weren't completely ready. The organisers seeing our unreadiness moved on to group B and deducted points from our group. We took the penalty as motivation to finish up and get ready for the presentation, whenever they'll call us. After group B finished, we were called in.

We went in and began. Not wanting to let my efforts go in vain, I connected my pc to my phone and used my phone as remote to control the pc (which I placed a few paces from the judges) where they can see the pc screen clearly.

Sense wee not kee me grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by emotions1: 2:19am On Apr 25, 2019
Following.... grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 2:30am On Apr 25, 2019
I was the last person to speak in our group so I made sure I exhausted the slides before I took over and finish our group's presentation. The presentation went so well and I was really proud of the girls and myself. The girls bossed the whole thing and me as the chief daddy, gave it the deserving finish it needed.

The rest of the groups finished and the rest of the day's sessions continued, while the results were compiled. Before I go on, I must talk about another group's presentation that won everyone's heart. After they finished, I knew there was nowhere these guys won't come first. Their presentation was more of a comedy show and the relief it gave everyone was much needed. They simply nailed it.

The sessions for the day finished and the results were ready. And just like I guessed, the comedy group came first while ours came second.

Yaaay! cheesy

We were all presented certificates and the workshop officially ended. We took loads of pictures but the hardest part was saying goodbye. Sometimes you have an encounter with some folk(s) and it feels like y'all have known each other for many years before this life due to how good everything is going. That was how I felt with my group colleagues and every other participant and organiser at the just concluded workshop. We sha made plans to hang out at a beach sometime soon cool. Las las, we said our goodbyes and all went our separate ways.

I got home feeling the same way I felt on Monday evening. So I did the same thing I did that Monday evening lol.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 2:40am On Apr 25, 2019
The next day was an engagement-free day for me and I decided to spend most of eat sleeping and re-watching game of thrones, ahead of its finale season coming out in April. I also spent a bit of time preparing for the interview I had the next day at Lekki.

I bet some of y'all have lost count of the future tests/interviews grin

Well, I did too lol.

While I was preparing that evening, i received another mail from the 'plastic recycling' firm for the second interview/assignment submission deal they had with me. The interview date was the next day which I was preparing for. But for a different firm. At this point, it was no brainer which one I'll go for.

But this was something I dreaded; clash of interview/test dates.

I would have wanted to attend both interviews and see how far. You can really never tell how it ends or goes on from there. The one you didn't have high hopes for could turn out to be a mind blowing opportunity for you. I tried to press for a shift of interview date with the recycling firm due to my other interview and my unreadiness to meet them. I haven't done their assignment. The firm insisted the second interview was going to be for the next day and no extensions whatsoever would be given. At this point, I was no more vexed that they repeated the annoying thing they did few days ago with the first invitation (sending an invite less than 24 hours to the interview). Rather I just jejely replied them I can't make it and thanked them for the opportunity and that was the end of that journey.

That same evening, something funny happened that I want to share with y'all lol. So in my Tourism CDS WhatsApp group, the 18A guys who were having their POP in a week were planning an all night bash in the very cool tropicana resort on the island. Boys and girls af planned and settled everything in the group. DJs, entrance fee, transportation and etc were all settled that night in the WhatsApp group and everyone went to bed.

The next morning, we woke up to see a circular signed the state coordinator in the group grin

Apparently, someone on the group snitched. But what still baffled me till now is how fast the state coordinator reacted to the sturvs.

If its to do something about the corpers still owed training or presidential election monies, they won't be reachable like GLO network undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply)

Nysc Age Limit / Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) / My NYSC Experience In Kano State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.