Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State (119373 Views)

Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. / Sex In NYSC Camps: How True? As A Corps Member Please Share? / Kano Corpers And Camp Soldiers Clash In Karaye NYSC Orientation Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 8:04am On Oct 23, 2018
BrokenTV:

Come and complete your story very interesting.

no vex. work stress don't give much free time to write, but I'll add something new today wink

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by sconp: 3:29pm On Oct 23, 2018
Hey Nonny nice one.
During the course of the camping there, did you see any business idea that could be tapped into??

Any problem that would require a solution and in turn bring profit??
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by emotions1: 3:31pm On Oct 23, 2018
I need to be a part of this movement grin
Nice one
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 3:43pm On Oct 23, 2018
sconp:
Hey Nonny nice one.
During the course of the camping there, did you see any business idea that could be tapped into??

Any problem that would require a solution and in turn bring profit??

no presence of fast food outlets in the camp. one is constrained to mostly local dishes

I'll add others later

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 4:56pm On Oct 23, 2018
DAY 6

I woke up without the alarm, then I was relieved thinking that I even woke up before the set time. Checked my watch and my heart was racing.....1:57am!
Then I opened my phone to find out that the alarm had actually gone off but I didn't wake up, my village people eh sad . I rushed and cleaned up, got dressed and rushed down to the studio which thankfully is right below my room which was on the first floor.
On getting to the studio by 2:05am, I met two girls and one of the tutors already there. It was until now that I knew that these guys really meant this 2am sturvs angry. Well, I wrote down my name and time I came in. We started bringing out equipment to the parade ground and took time to setup everything for the morning parade. Others came gradually while we were setting up and joined to help, although our total number was not even close to half of the previous evening's attendees. That meant so much of those who didnt come made up their mind already, but none was ready to pull off a 'Greg walk out' lol. When we finished with the setting up, we had a bit of trainings on how the setup is done from scratch, how to handle and operate the various equipment. We finished up and chilled for 4:30am.
The bigle went off and instead of going to our various platoon, some of us (I included) were asked to sit back for the parade. And that was how my days of parades ended o, somebody shout alleluia grin. I took my seat, watching the rest of the white fowls do the morning routine, it felt so good lol. I even took a couple of naps in between the drills and parade with no single complaint from anyone.

After the morning exercise, I went back to the hostel to meet Greg and AY querying me where I went before they even woke up, I told them about the OBS thingy and they wished me luck, then we went for our breakfast and the rest of the day activities separately after.

Evening came fast and it was welcome party night for corpers. Well not being the jaiye jaiye type of person, I wasn't into the event but I had no choice in camp. The Man o War and the soldiers will chase all of us out of the hostel and mami to where ever the day's event is taking place. When I got to the venue, it was already heating up with loud music and party vibes. I found and took a seat among a bunch of females that were just giggling amongst themselves to my own distaste. I left about 5 minutes later and went to the back after I got bored. I found a tent distant from the party filled with chairs and I took a seat while I rested my feet on another chair. As the party was gaining more heat, folks were now coming to get seats from the tent I was under. The seats got exhausted and a few guys came to ask for the one I rested my feet on undecided. Unwilling to give it out, I lied that it belong to a friend I was safeguarding it for lol. This went on until two girls came and started trouble o.

Before now, I had an exchange with one of these girls during evening parade the previous day where I was joking with a friend and she interrupted to create a stir. I ignored her with my friend and went about our parade and she hurled words at me lol. So I'm meeting this same girl and her friend who want my seat. As you guessed, they didn't buy my lie and said I should give up the seat. I ignored them and louded NAS new album. Vexed, she left and returned with a female soldier shocked. The soldier was now about to use force when I told her to listen to my own side of the story fez sad. Told her about the altercation and how pained the babe is and willing to get her revenge, is using her (the female soldier). That was how she started apologising to the lady and I, admitting that she wanted to pay me back for ignoring her the previous day shocked. Na so dem for use me . The soldier was now annoyed and asked me to take my seats even if I was lying but I told her that the girl can keep it, that I'm leaving for my bed since folks were allowed back to the hostel. I got back to meet an empty room and I was grateful, took my bath and slept off

(Below is my new view during today's morning parade cheesy)

10 Likes

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 4:58pm On Oct 23, 2018
DAY 7

The next day went just like the previous, with the only difference now being that the final shortlist for OBS had been submitted and yours truly made it in and as head of the engineers while Kele was head of editorial.
*pops kasepreko alomo bitters*
Today we also set up the sound for the morning parade, but this time without any help, see levels grin. I was pretty confident of every one in our team so nothing went wrong.

After breakfast today was inspiration talk day by Niyi Adesanya, a motivational public speaker who brought along other speakers like Emmanuel Utomi and others I can't remember their names now (attached a flyer of the programme sef). The talk was actually inspiring and a good experience one can't easily forget.

Later in the day, we got the disheartening news about 9 of our fellow corp members who drowned in Taraba State cry (read news here: https://www.nairaland.com/4658992/nine-corpers-drown-taraba-during). The tempo of the camp was solemn for the rest of the day and the flag was flown at half mast in honour of our lost colleagues.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 7:26pm On Oct 23, 2018
I've been quite lazy with this write up and even reading news on NL recently. while going over last week news here I stumbled on this same post on FRONT PAGE which was surprising. I barely posted enough updates sef

Biko those following the topic should just take it easy on a brotherly. I'll be adding more updates daily......

........hopefully

And to our Ghost Readers Association (G.R.A) Nairaland chapter, biko like this post and upcoming updates so we'll collate enough data to know how many we are grin

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by QuinieR(f): 8:05am On Oct 24, 2018
We dey here G.R.A..smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by sconp: 2:07pm On Oct 24, 2018
nonye6194:

no presence of fast food outlets in the camp. one is constrained to mostly local dishes

I'll add others later

Thanks man. Would be here to remind you.
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 4:57pm On Oct 24, 2018
DAY 8

So today was Sunday and there's no compulsory activity until 2pm, yaaay grin. Well we in the OBS (especially those on duty), still woke by 5am to sound the anthems and play Christian songs for the rest of the morning until midday as it's the custom. Same was done for our Muslim brethren on Friday during jumat prayer period. All these while, I barely saw Greg nor Tola, although Greg and I share same room and bunk (Jibrin and he swapped positions). But I got to hangout regularly with AY my guy whom I usually make out time to chill with daily.
Today being Sunday, almost everyone was acting lazy to get up from bed. Who dosent want to take advantage of the free period to get some extra slee? I'll do same if not for the OBS sad. Many who were Christians missed abi skipped church because of this sef to do one thing or nothing grin.

In camp, there is the Nigerian Christian corpers fellowship (NCCF) for mostly Pentecostals and National Association of Catholic Corpers (NACC) for predominantly Catholics, and I belonged to the later smiley. Kele, Angel and I dressed in our mufties went for mass and left even before service was over because our attention was needed back in the studio.

By 2pm everyone went back to fowl mode AKA white on white sad. If you go for lunch that noon you wouldn't be served unless in your otondo white lol. Later in the evening was parade and while others went out to their parade, we in the OBS stayed back cool to bid our 18A trainers good-bye.

But before this day, Mr Math; the staff who oversees the OBS and the band for a much bigger madam was already making the OBS uncomfortable for us. The shortlist the 18A guys gave him to submit to the madam for approval had about 21 names for both engineering and editorial sections of the OBS. And uncle was displeased with the amount of girls that outnumbered the guys by 3. He insisted that he wasn't willing to work with females, without any explanations . We got the madam to know about this and she overruled his earlier objection to the list, power grin. That was how the girls got reinstated back and our chronicles of wahala with Mr Math began. Personally, I loathed the man up til now for his sexist attitude and how he acted towards everyone afterwards. And here's the twist: among all the girls he rejected working with, one's name wasn't removed whom we discovered later to be his niece, so much for nepotism embarassed.

Well, evening came and the atmosphere was very much still quiet like the previous day after we got the unfortunate news of the Taraba 9. The evening went by uneventfully, so did the night.

(Pictured below: image from today's church service with the NACC)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 4:59pm On Oct 24, 2018
DAY 9

A new day and we took care of morning parade without any hitches wink. After breakfast, SAED lectures/Trainings was officially flagged off sad. For those who've been in camp, y'all can relate to how this is the beginning of boredom and some ample opportunity to have some good ass nap. For those who haven't experienced this, SAED (skills acquisition and entrepreneurial development) is a scheme by the NYSC aimed at enabling corpers acquire skills, be self reliant, create opportunities and generate income for themselves. And this is achieved through trainings and lectures, which takes a week or more out of the 21 days stay in camp. Some even continue outside the camp to horn their skills, like I did lol.

So for the next 8-11 days we were seating for about six hours listening to folks talk and attend training sessions for any choice one is interested in. I took the HSE training sessions by novelle training center grin and completed the training and wrote my UKHSE certification exams weeks ago cool.

Back to SAED undecided :

Most of the lectures were boring and trust folks to capitalise on this and catch some sleep, even staff sef lfmao. Even my OBS colleagues sleep leave me and I took their pishures which I attached below grin.

Man o war drills began today in the evening and continued for the next 9 days, with each day dedicated to each platoon. I missed out today because of OBS

this my life sef cry

Well, this is the major downside of being in the OBS, you'll miss sturvs you'd love to take part in unless you squeeze time and take excuses to participate. personally I didn't regret not attending most of these compulsory sturvs like the SAED lectures. At some point, I'll get bored and go back to the studio to crash grin.

Later at night, dance and drama competition kick-started and every platoon were in competitive moods. Shout out to our platoon one leader AKA mr macho grin. Dude is truly a leader and an exemplary one who the nysc even recognised (more on this later). Our leader carried the platoon members along and made sure we gave our best in every competition we featured and together with our ever resilient platoon inspector Mrs Chioma :*, who was always there with encouragement and support. And we were coming out tops in most of the competitions, thanks to everyone but more on this later smiley.

Let's say today everything got more serious as the major activities kick-started in earnest today. With everything in full gear, we in the OBS had to work extra hard and this was more stressful on us the leaders and sooner I found myself falling ill after just a few days sad

(Pictured below:
My OBS colleagues sleeping out one of the SAED lectures grin

A friend during her man o war drills grin

our platoon leader leading our platoon in our dance and drama competition

the last picture isn't from our camp tho but I couldn't resist posting how other camps are faring with the SAED something grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 5:02pm On Oct 24, 2018
I intentionally didn't speak about our four horsemen in the last 1-3 episodes and here's why. Something happened, of which I can't place a date to when it did but this event happened so fast that the horsemen group grew apart cry.

So one of the evenings after I was done with the day's task and preparation for the next day in the studio, I headed back to the room tired with a banging headache. I got there and I met AY and Greg awake and in a mood that made the atmosphere around them tensed, I was surprised.
Why?
Since they started outings with their so called 'babes' and I joined the OBS, we barely met each other for days: I wake and leave before they do and for the rest of the day, we don't meet. At the end of the day when I return, they are already tucked in and deep in their sleep. So for both of them to be awake and in such mood meant something was up and I was most certain to find out what it was because this guys didn't look like they'll be sleeping soon.

AY started throwing questions like darts at Greg and laughing to ease the mood whole Greg was visibly upset. I decided to ask for myself what's up. Greg now addressing me started a litany of Tola and her shortcomings. He went on to talk about her being childish and how she's messed up lipsrsealed. AY relapsed back into his laughter and started persuading Greg to tell me what really happened today. Greg unwilling to jump to that, continued with the complaints of which I was now bored of. I was more curious to hear the gist AY was pressing him to tell me.

Aren't you curious too dear reader wink ?

Well that makes the two of us grin.

So here's what happened: Greg and Tola apparently had split up so Greg was now pushing all the faults on Tola and blaming himself for his decision. According to him, he was tired of the numerous friends she had which most of them happened to be guys. He blamed himself for the time he spent and according to him 'wasted' with her. By now I was feeling pity for my guy on his misfortune. While I tried to talk and cool his mind, AY returned to the room and now more pissed than the devil himself. Apparently he (AY) went downstairs to meet Tola to ask what went wrong with Greg with an aim to reconcile them. Tola's side of the story was what left AY red with annoyance. He started cussing Greg out from when he entered the room and blasting him for lying to both of us to look like the victim, which he wasn't.

Wawu, I was so confused

So AY went on to speak on how Tola refuted every claims Greg made and she backed all of it with iron clad evidences. Tola was even the one that called the sturvs over between them because of his attitude when he's out with her and how he treats her former school mates who she reunited with in camp. While AY was blasting my guy, Greg summed up courage and started hurling his defences back, at how AY could take a girl's word over his own guy. Then AY asked Greg a question which shattered the remaining table Greg was standing on cry.

'Ogbeni, did you say that you asked Tola out?' when did that happen because Tola said such never happened and she had even told you about her relationship status which was very much unavailable'.

shocked.

Greg replied by admitting that he didn't and I was like shocked shocked shocked.
My head was racing with puzzles I couldn't find answers to at this moment.
Greg went on to say that he 'assumed' they were since they were doing things together and she noticed his interest in her

Lmaoooo grin.

I fell with AY laughing at this statement, assumed dating lol. This is like flying first class friend zone flight with Fly emirates and ending up suddenly with Arik air economy grin

In a bid to cement his claims, he went to speak about how while he went out with her, paid for her meals and other favours he did for her willingly. Only for her to repay him this way. He ranted much more but I didn't pay much attention to him again cos I now got the picture. AY went down again after calling Tola to try attempt a reconciliation between them but it was an already lost case because as she was coming down, Greg sent her a very nasty text message with so much vile and negative content. On seeing the text, AY just said nothing and returned back to the room and straight to sleep. Did I mention that Tola also felt that AY was on Greg's side?! While Greg was also thinking the vice versa too.

What a time to be AY angry

Unwilling to worsen the situation, I kukuma went and took my bath and went to bed too grin.

It is not me you pipu wee turn to mutual enemy tonight tongue

Personally I couldn't attempt the mediator role seeing how AY fared in that and I wasn't even siding any of them because I was yet to hear from Tola myself. I resolved not to comment until I heard from her.

So with the new thoughts flooding my mind, coupled with the headache, I fell asleep hoping the four horsemen doesn't fall apart

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by sconp: 6:34pm On Oct 24, 2018
nonye6194:
I intentionally didn't speak about our four horsemen in the last 1-3 episodes and here's why. Something happened, of which I can't place a date to when it did but this event happened so fast that the horsemen group grew apart cry.

?

So AY went on to speak on how Tola refuted every claims Greg made and she backed all of it with iron clad evidences. Tola was even the one that called the sturvs over between them because of his attitude when he's out with her and how he treats her former school mates who she reunited with in camp.

'Ogbeni, did you say that you asked Tola out?' when did that happen because Tola said such never happened and she had even told you about her relationship status which was very much unavailable'.

shocked.

Greg replied by admitting that he didn't and I was like shocked shocked shocked.
Greg went on to say that he 'assumed' they were since they were doing things together and she noticed his interest in her

grin cheesy
This one off me. Greg na Akpa!!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 24, 2018
Carry on Bro
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by tintedniggz(m): 1:39am On Oct 25, 2018
nonye6194:

So one of the evenings after I was done with the day's task and preparation for the next day in the studio, I headed back to the room tired with a banging headache. I got there and I met AY and Greg awake and in a mood that made the atmosphere around them tensed, I was surprised.
Why?
Since they started outings with their so called 'babes' and I joined the OBS, we barely met each other for days: I wake and leave before they do and for the rest of the day, we don't meet. At the end of the day when I return, they are already tucked in and deep in their sleep. So for both of them to be awake and in such mood meant something was up and I was most certain to find out what it was because this guys didn't look like they'll be sleeping soon.

AY started throwing questions like darts at Greg and laughing to ease the mood whole Greg was visibly upset. I decided to ask for myself what's up. Greg now addressing me started a litany of Tola and her shortcomings. He went on to talk about her being childish and how she's messed up lipsrsealed. AY relapsed back into his laughter and started persuading Greg to tell me what really happened today. Greg unwilling to jump to that, continued with the complaints of which I was now bored of. I was more curious to hear the gist AY was pressing him to tell me.

Aren't you curious too dear reader wink ?

Well that makes the two of us grin.

So here's what happened: Greg and Tola apparently had split up so Greg was now pushing all the faults on Tola and blaming himself for his decision. According to him, he was tired of the numerous friends she had which most of them happened to be guys. He blamed himself for the time he spent and according to him 'wasted' with her. By now I was feeling pity for my guy on his misfortune. While I tried to talk and cool his mind, AY returned to the room and now more pissed than the devil himself. Apparently he (AY) went downstairs to meet Tola to ask what went wrong with Greg with an aim to reconcile them. Tola's side of the story was what left AY red with annoyance. He started cussing Greg out from when he entered the room and blasting him for lying to both of us to look like the victim, which he wasn't.

Wawu, I was so confused

So AY went on to speak on how Tola refuted every claims Greg made and she backed all of it with iron clad evidences. Tola was even the one that called the sturvs over between them because of his attitude when he's out with her and how he treats her former school mates who she reunited with in camp. While AY was blasting my guy, Greg summed up courage and started hurling his defences back, at how AY could take a girl's word over his own guy. Then AY asked Greg a question which shattered the remaining table Greg was standing on cry.

shocked.

Lmaoooo grin.

I fell with AY laughing at this statement, assumed dating lol. This is like flying first class friend zone flight with Fly emirates and ending up suddenly with Arik air economy grin

In a bid to cement his claims, he went to speak about how while he went out with her, paid for her meals and other favours he did for her willingly. Only for her to repay him this way. He ranted much more but I didn't pay much attention to him again cos I now got the picture. AY went down again after calling Tola to try attempt a reconciliation between them but it was an already lost case because as she was coming down, Greg sent her a very nasty text message with so much vile and negative content. On seeing the text, AY just said nothing and returned back to the room and straight to sleep. Did I mention that Tola also felt that AY was on Greg's side?! While Greg was also thinking the vice versa too.

What a time to be AY angry

Unwilling to worsen the situation, I kukuma went and took my bath and went to bed too grin.

It is not me you pipu wee turn to mutual enemy tonight tongue

Personally I couldn't attempt the mediator role seeing how AY fared in that and I wasn't even siding any of them because I was yet to hear from Tolu myself. I resolved not to comment until I heard from her.

So with the new thoughts flooding my mind, coupled with the headache, I fell asleep hoping the four horsemen doesn't fall apart
This episode had too much STEW grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by AdorableJosh(m): 5:18pm On Oct 25, 2018
Baba come o we thirst for update.
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 5:21pm On Oct 25, 2018
DAY 10

Waking up daily to begin setup before 2am (except on Sundays) was now a thing for us in the OBS. And to make matters worse, I was the head of the section responsible for this and had keys to the studio. So I gats to wake up and open up for my colleagues sad. Someone would wonder why we'll use almost 3 hours to setup and here's the answer:

We move EVERY equipment, wires and accessories daily to the parade ground and back to the studio as instructed. We can't just leave these things under the tent for the next day (since it'll still be used there) for security reasons, given visitors throng in and out of the camp daily including mami marketers (and fellow corpers sef lol).
And to make matters worse, these equipment were in bad shape physically but we gats to manage now abi? Every week, something was sent out to be fixed and even at that, it was still frustrating.
Hope you now get the picture? So we wake to move equipment, setup and carry out checks to ensure they're working alright. And if there's a fault (which is almost certain), we find and fix it before the parade. Unless you wan collect shouting from Mr Math :X.

Mornings and their activities were usually the same so were the rest of the day. So I'll be skipping the routine sturvs and gist about the what featured as highlights of each day to cut down the long talks.
I've attached below what a daily programme looks like on a weekday and on Sunday for those who haven't gotten the order of activities from the previous episodes I've posted so far.

I was still ill at this time and the headache was now getting a bit serious. That was when one of my colleagues who noticed my condition dragged my reluctant ass to the clinic.

Now there's a thing about the camp clinic that I found a bit stressful. They'll not give you your drugs in full (i.e. amount for the period you're prescribed to undergo medication), instead you'll have to show up at the clinic for the several times of the day you're supposed to take any of your prescribed drugs and they'll give you only the dosage for that time of the day. So imagine one who is seriously ill and can't make those walks to and fro the clinic. see what one will be going through to get drugs, smh.
One may defend this action by saying it ensures one takes his/her medications. Maybe that's a point but is that right? Because you'll now be dealing with a large crowd daily waiting to get their dosages which isn't right for ailing folks.
Well, I didn't have a choice but follow what others did but I'll be dammed to say I enjoyed the stress undecided.

Back in the hostel, AY and Greg weren't on speaking terms and it was some weird atmosphere. Imagine being best of friends with someone today and few days later, y'all aren't talking anymore. It got so bad that AY even severed ties with the babe Greg connected him with. And it's all Greg's doing because the evening of the spat when he was accusing AY of defending Tola instead of him, he used this babe to guilt trip AY. He was like:

'Even after I help you arrange that babe wey me sef bin dey follow eye, you still no fit support your guy'

This sounded messed up but that was what Greg said. Reminds me of Drake's 'Fake love' song. Or maybe I'm taking this too serious, as we're guys and our reconciliations no dey take time to come. Abi no be so my G's cool.

Dear ladies, we are not insinuating anything here at all, we love y'all too grin.

For Tola, I've not met up till now and I even haven't made any effort to that aspect sef *face palm*. Everything was just frustrating for me because I didn't know what I was supposed to do at this stage since I was the only one on speaking terms with every other member of the gang.
Since I was still in a recovery mode, I didn't want to bother myself yet although I knew the issue needed to be sorted and in time too. All I did for the next two days was just chill, rest and listen to some Yanni classics wink.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 5:28pm On Oct 25, 2018
more from today

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2018
AdorableJosh:
Baba come o we thirst for update.
done grin
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 5:40pm On Oct 25, 2018
tintedniggz:
This episode had too much STEW grin
grin
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by AdorableJosh(m): 5:50pm On Oct 25, 2018
nonye6194:
done grin

Thanksss

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by emotions1: 5:52pm On Oct 25, 2018
Everywhere stew.....
This story is the boooom.
You bring out the lines,curves and contours of this story.

More ink man
I can't wait for more update.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by BrokenTV: 7:56am On Oct 27, 2018
Nice op, keep it up.
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 5:24pm On Oct 27, 2018
DAY 13

It's another Sunday and waking up at 5am instead of 2am never so good. Prior to this day, I got a text from our NACC fellowship about today being a seed sowing Sunday. The message encouraged everyone to attend church today and sow a presentable seed to (and I quote verbatim) "ask God influence their PPA posting". After reading the text, I was like 'sense wee not kee you people dia with strategy' grin.

So as usual Kele, Angel and I went to church. But before this, someone's iPhone was stolen on a floor above mine and the security at our male hostel secured the area, preventing people from going in or out of the whole building. I don kit up finish and the police man guarding the entrance told me to go back and wait for them to comman search us in our rooms . Since it's a Sunday and we weren't much trying to go out of the hostel, we just took an alternative exit from the male hostel and went about our businesses without their knowledge cool. Whether they found the phone or not, ionno.

Searching kee them there grin

Service was great until it got to seed sowing. The lady that anchored the seed sowing sturvs was not only insulting but irritated most of the congregation. Babe was threatening us with Bible portions so we'll comman sow our life savings to get a good PPA. Walahi I couldn't just believe my ears, that she was saying some of these sturvs in church all because of money. And to make the thing more unbelievable, our priest sat and watch all of these go on sad. It was until when the congregation had had enough of her lubish talking and started throwing back words at her did the priest now intervene. His intervention didn't stop the seed sowing o but many folks including Kele and I were already pissed and had no plans of sowing anything.
Moreover, by this time we in the OBS had already forwarded our names and the PPA we wanted which was already being processed. So whether we sow or not, our thing is already in motion. But we wanted to, until auntie handled the microphone undecided. Kele almost went over after mass to chide the babe but we had more important things to channel our energies to.

We got back to the studio and began setup for the art jamboree that was to take place later by noon. The Jamboree is about celebrating art by engaging corpers who are artists in drawing competition and body art for attendees. It was sponsored by a collaboration of art galleries who at the end of the day took up the winners for further collaborations. Like two weeks ago, the winners took part in an exhibition somewhere on the island and it was a cool experience for my friends who was part of it.
As usual, I stayed back from the art jamboree with Kele in the studio grin. While we were in the studio, Kele went on one knee to propose to Angel just because she was a fine gel grin grin. I didn't mention to y'all that Kele is not well grin. Sturvs was hilarious and I added a picture of his yeye proposal below.

Later in the evening was Miss Petite and Miss Big, Bold and Beautiful inter platoon competition and trust me not to miss it for obvious reasons grin. This was actually the only event that took place in the evening that I stayed to watch from the beginning to it's end wink. And here's what I observed:

Some of the miss petite contestants were almost the same body size as the big bold and beautiful contestants. Maybe some of the platoons didn't get the memo about what both categories are about. And to make matters worse, the (ex-corper) comedian who was the MC of the event, shredded some of these girls with jokes and it was pure savagery grin.
At the end of the day, winners emerged and I think my platoon came 2nd or 3rd in the Miss Petite category. And as usual, some platoons grunted about the results of the judges tongue

The biggest highlight of the event was the appearance made by Tobi of the concluded 2018 big brother naija (BBN). Dude came in surprisingly and the girls went wild. It took a lot to restore sanity back to the event because of Tobi's presence. Even while the show was ongoing, girls still tried different tricks up their sleeves to steal his attention grin. He later came to the stage and answered a couple of questions about his relationship with ex-bbn mates Alex and Cee C. Well I never saw BBN show nor follow any of their news online so I can't talk more about this lipsrsealed. That doesn't mean that I dislike the show or its contestants, no. BBN isn't my thing, QED. But bbn followers didn't let us rest online during that period (even offline sef grin) with their updates and discussions. And no matter how hard you try to stay away from their stories, you'll still read them lol.

By now, Greg was no more the outgoing person I knew him to be a week before now. I now find him in the room almost every time I come around. Even with his Bleep up, I still felt sorry for his situation. I know he rushed everything and made mistakes but he actually liked the babe and their beef is taking a toll on him which isn't a good thing.
AY on the other side remained cool with me and those around him. He and Greg still had the beef preventing them from being cool with each other.

This life sef embarassed

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 5:27pm On Oct 27, 2018
more grin

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 5:40pm On Oct 27, 2018
DAY 14

Two weeks now and it's been one experience or the other. Although I may have at some point mixed up the days and the gists, we are still getting the kpim out for our reading pleasure cheesy

Actually I've been itching to tell y'all about this one gist about what happened, of which some of y'all may have read about it here on nairaland because it went viral at that time.
So one of the mornings during the man o war routine exercises, every platoon was taking part in the usual work outs; chanting and jogging around with their respective instructors. And in platoon 3, they were jogging and chanting their slogan which was:

'hold something' grin

(Our own OBS was 'baddest' lol)
So while this went on, a girl in the platoon grabbed a guy's private part shocked and the guy reacted immediately by dashing the babe a slap grin (or not, according to different sides to the story).
Well, the news went around and both of them were summoned to the camp disciplinary committee AKA Camp Court grin (No be joke o, we get camp court lmao).
So since both of them were at fault, they were cautioned and asked to goan sin no more grin. The guy feeling he didn't get justice went on to post his own side of the story on Twitter and just like that, the post was trending .
The disciplinary committee got knowledge about this because calls came in from all around for confirmation and pressure was now mounted on them to do something about the situation. The guy was summoned and sent away from camp for violating a non disclosure agreement they had. (You can read the his side of the story here: https://www.nairaland.com/4666560/female-corper-sexually-harasses-male )

But come to think of it sef, why will someone grab your private property all in the name of 'hold something'? And now you're the one getting punished for venting your frustration. Reminds me of Nina Simone's classic 'misunderstood' song lyrics

"I try so hard, don't let me be misunderstood"

Back to this day, what even happened today sef . Oh today was Talent show competition AKA Camp Idol. And it took place in the evening which I didn't even near the event venue. To make matters worse, Kele and our platoon leader were among the contestants and I still didn't show up. Yes I know, I'm not a good friend sad.
But hear me out fez

Our OBS DJ, Olu went home over the weekend for a gig he was booked for. And on his return, he bought a 5L bucket of ice cream for us.
Am I okay to say no to ice cream ?

Now you see my strong excuse wink.

Even most of us in the OBS didn't attend the camp Idol. We just stayed back in the studio, ate ice cream, danced to music and gisted. While at this, we enacted a new rule that anyone that goes home on exeat will have to come back with something for the fam cheesy.

It was even today that we got our bicycle allawee of 1800NGN. We had previously received 1400NGN, but who the money epp sef . Most folks in my room went straight to mami and spent the money on some cold beer and watched pre season football matches cool.

Speaking about mami, I just remembered something that happened there in the first week of our stay in camp and it's an interesting one.
One of the drinking spots managed by fayrouz had one of their hired hands selling Kush on a low to corpers without the knowledge of his employers grin. I dunno how the information spread, but it did and the guy was apprehended by NDLEA officials in camp and brought to the camp court with some of the buyers he was caught in a transaction with grin.
After the court hearing and investigations that followed, NYSC severed ties with Fayrouz and sent them packing from the orientation camp. And this Fayrouz company was even a long time partner of the nysc that usually sponsors the previous Mr Macho/Miss Nysc competition. They were even supposed to be sponsors for our batch sef until Kush happened, then trophy beer replaced them.

See what Sativa has done grin

Another mami market gist was about how one of the marketers was caught with several bottles of codeine concealed in a large agege bread at the gate lmao grin grin.

The same agege bread that was stepping stone for Olajumoke who is a model today grin.

This life is a setup walahi.

I Had to use these gists to replace the talent show I didn't attend, Kele biko forgive me sad

below is pictures of us enjoying our vanilla ice cream grin and presentation of cash price to winners of the camp Idol. our platoon leader is the one in khaki and he won something grin

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by DkJay: 5:57pm On Oct 27, 2018
Lol. Vewi nice.

Keep 'em coming.

Following the story like the fly on a cow's tail

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by sconp: 9:24pm On Oct 27, 2018
O boy! That camp court needs new set of lawyers. How can you send the corper out of camp for violating nondisclosure in a case that wasn't well treated and you leave the girl.

Why should the whole of fayrouz be punished for a hired hand sin?

Anyways sha baba I dey feel you carry go.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 10:13pm On Oct 27, 2018
sconp:
O boy! That camp court needs new set of lawyers. How can you send the corper out of camp for violating nondisclosure in a case that wasn't well treated and you leave the girl.

Why should the whole of fayrouz be punished for a hired hand sin?

Anyways sha baba I dey feel you carry go.

Maybe I didn't make it more specific, but the camp court dosent consist of any lawyer or trained law individual. Just top echelon nysc officials who use the nysc bye rule handbook to treat issues in camp.

And that their issue tire me honestly

Fayrouz deserves to accept responsibility for their staff's behaviour, hired hand or full time staff. That's what is obtainable in a society where integrity is key

Imagine the amount of folks that would be introduced to weed or indulge in it and other substance abuse. Good call for me

But Fayrouz have been called back and the fences mended. They were in camp in the last camp I was told. Even now with the current batch C guys

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Nysc Age Limit / Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) / My NYSC Experience In Kano State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.