Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,136 members, 7,780,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:57 AM

'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash (67156 Views)

Photos Of Saraki After Senate Reconvened In Abuja / 2019 Budget: You’re Minority, Resign Now, Akpabio Tells Saraki, Dogara / Police Tells Saraki Not To Interfere In Investigation Of Gang Of Hired Assassins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by stephanie11: 5:59pm On Oct 17, 2018
@POLITICSNGR

Senator Godswill Akpabio has called for the resignation of Senate President, Bukola Saraki, PoliticsNGR has learned.

This development is coming shortly after both politicians clashed over sitting positions in the hallowed chambers earlier today. 

Addressing a Press Conference after Plenary on Wednesday, Akpabio advised Saraki to honorably resign as president of the Senate. He added that the Senate President should borrow a leaf from him as a former minority leader, saying he resigned the position when he defected from PDP to APC to allow the PDP elect a new minority leader.

“It’s a tradition all over the world that when you defected to another party even as a Senate President like Saraki did, to resign from the office of the Senate President. APC is still the majority party and they need to form a new leadership. The Senate President should honourably resign just like I did."

He also criticized the PDP for doing nothing in the South-South for 16 years;

"Having moved from PDP to APC, I felt fulfilled. My advice and suggestions in the national interest would not be looked upon with suspicion by the government in power again. I moved to APC in national interest. I don’t believe in bringing government into being and will not support that government to succeed.

In the last 16 years, I did not see 1 kilometre of road done by PDP government in Akwa Ibom state, but today, APC government is constructing the road from Akwa Ibom to Calabar.

The road has been a death trap and I must thank this government for that. From the national and local perspectives, people look at me as a leader and I must tell you that in 2019, it would be difficult for any other party to penetrate the South-South."

https://politicsngr.com/breaking-must-resign-akpabio-comes-saraki-senate-clash/

56 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 6:01pm On Oct 17, 2018
Him open him mouth say PDP no do anything for 16 years, now I know say na cow shiit they the man brain

690 Likes 59 Shares

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by Donald95(m): 6:01pm On Oct 17, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
Him open him mouth say PDP no do anything for 16 years, now I know say na cow shiit they the man brain

But Akpabio the Idiot was with PDP during those 16 years.

As time passes further, Akpabio increases in Foolishness. Its quite a pity how the mighty has fallen

652 Likes 64 Shares

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by Dannyset(m): 6:01pm On Oct 17, 2018
Politicians are heartless and without manners. How can you be in that party for good 16 years and still tell us what we know? Na wa oo!

PDP brought Nigeria into this mess and God will not forgive them for wanting to fool us and come back through the back door.

And as for Saraki, there's no need telling him to resign anymore. The election is here already. He will be dealt with even in his polling unit. Every one of you would see the same strategy PDP used to remain in power for 16 years in play.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by JasonScoolari: 6:02pm On Oct 17, 2018
In the last 16 years, I did not see 1 kilometre
of road done by PDP government in Akwa Ibom
state, but today, APC government is
constructing the road from Akwa Ibom to
Calabar.

Lmfao, And you wanna ask yourself if He was a member of the Labour party during his 8years tenure as a governor.

God bless the PDP
God bless Atiku
God bless Peter Obi
God bless SARAKI
God bless Otunba Gbenga Daniel
God bless Wike
God bless Okowa
God bless Chief James Onanefe Ibori.

353 Likes 23 Shares

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by djacob(m): 6:02pm On Oct 17, 2018
Fucking Slave

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by JeanBoKassa: 6:03pm On Oct 17, 2018
Akpabio is just a frustrated bastard.

283 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by Swagaholic01: 6:03pm On Oct 17, 2018
LOL, no honour amongst thieves

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by hucienda: 6:03pm On Oct 17, 2018
... He also criticized the PDP for doing nothing in the South-South for 16 years ...

Who or what is the PDP in this case?

These folks better start putting names behind these parties if they keep up with their political harlotry of 'jumpology' because they've made a mockery of it in Nigeria. No ideology whatsoever.

All this simplistic rendition mischievously omitting the fact that he
was the PDP in his state for 8 years.

22 Likes

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by Almaiga: 6:04pm On Oct 17, 2018
I'm confident that Saraki's days are numbered. The APC Senators are finalizing their strategies, Saraki will be history soon.

49 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by comos: 6:05pm On Oct 17, 2018
This man has been hypnotize by APC

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by ozento: 6:05pm On Oct 17, 2018
regret is written all over him. nest time u learn to think first before jumpin.

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by jconsulting(f): 6:06pm On Oct 17, 2018
Ah Akpabio has finally​ ran mad, was he not the governor for 8 years out of the 16 years , once you join APC you lose your memory and become a tout

230 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by pol23: 6:06pm On Oct 17, 2018
Yeye dey smell.....
Akpabio wasn't civil at all.
If anybody watched the Video...
Saraki stated CLEARLY that the reason He told Akpabio to move to another seat is because He was sitting where there wasn't Microphone...how do you expect everybody to hear you?
Akpabio just flare up and acting like lagos Danfo driver.

AND Saraki later asked Akpabio to mention anybody's name,if there has ever been one person in the chamber that has been allowed to talk from a seat without Microphone.... Akpabio was mute and later apologise...
So what the ×××× is He saying again?

172 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by hisexcellency34: 6:06pm On Oct 17, 2018
Oshiomhole the devil cannot remove Saraki. Is it Akpabio who can remove him?

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by Gryffindor09(m): 6:06pm On Oct 17, 2018
but u waz PDP too.

9 Likes

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by Yankee101: 6:06pm On Oct 17, 2018
I like it when people think they're too important....then God humbles them. It's a beautiful sight to behold

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 17, 2018
He needs some "biscuits". If you know, you know.

4 Likes

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by khinqberry(m): 6:06pm On Oct 17, 2018
story

2 Likes

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by fergie001: 6:06pm On Oct 17, 2018
This man has officially gone loco......

Commissioner for 5years in PDP
8years as governor under the same PDP

13 of the 16years...you formed part of the rot
Chai....Saraki really hurt him,let me assume he is still annoyed;

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by Nathdougg: 6:07pm On Oct 17, 2018
Akpobio is a big fool

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by brixton: 6:07pm On Oct 17, 2018
I can freely educate Akpabio that his position as minority leader was completely a partisan business. Unlike the position of the president of the senate in the Nigerian constitution, it will take more than 50 Akpabios to remove Saraki. I advice him to try out his party’s popularity by impeaching Saraki, let their majority votes count for once.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by OKorowanta: 6:07pm On Oct 17, 2018
The senate should be abolished.
Nothing we dey gain with am.
Senegal did it and they've saved themselves huge fortune.
Useless animals!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by aydought: 6:07pm On Oct 17, 2018
Almaiga:
I'm confident that Saraki's days are numbered. The APC Senators are finalizing their strategies, Saraki will be history soon.

You think so? Story for the gods a beg grin 2nd Bass or Base Jare.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by ibori1(m): 6:07pm On Oct 17, 2018
Almaiga:

oshio dey laff u ryt na

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by Lomprico2: 6:07pm On Oct 17, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

Real cow shìt! grin

10 Likes

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by rozayx5(m): 6:07pm On Oct 17, 2018
Akpabio is a small boy to saraki

He shud shut up

35 Likes

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by Whobedatte(m): 6:07pm On Oct 17, 2018
Almaiga:

Future impossible tense
grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by khinqberry(m): 6:08pm On Oct 17, 2018
na only you(akpabio) go resign abi,you nid 2/3 majority....yeye senatorz

9 Likes

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by Omeokachie: 6:08pm On Oct 17, 2018
Act like Hitler nau instead of acting like a harassed sisi shouting "you go kill me today"cheesy

11 Likes

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by henrydadon(m): 6:08pm On Oct 17, 2018
come and carry him away from there nah..idiot

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EFCC Chairman Bawa At Arsenal's Emirates Stadium: Photo / Chinese Investors Acquire 120 Hectares Of Land In Akwa Ibom For Hendai City / Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.