Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,826 members, 7,802,641 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash (67202 Views)

Photos Of Saraki After Senate Reconvened In Abuja / 2019 Budget: You’re Minority, Resign Now, Akpabio Tells Saraki, Dogara / Police Tells Saraki Not To Interfere In Investigation Of Gang Of Hired Assassins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by Almaiga: 6:17pm On Oct 17, 2018
ibori1:
oshio dey laff u ryt na

E go do you and Saraki like Magic, when APC will finally impeach him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by LAFOCUZY: 6:18pm On Oct 17, 2018
stephanie11:
@POLITICSNGR

Senator Godswill Akpabio has called for the resignation of Senate President, Bukola Saraki, PoliticsNGR has learned.

This development is coming shortly after both politicians clashed over sitting positions in the hallowed chambers earlier today. 

Addressing a Press Conference after Plenary on Wednesday, Akpabio advised Saraki to honorably resign as president of the Senate. He added that the Senate President should borrow a leaf from him as a former minority leader, saying he resigned the position when he defected from PDP to APC to allow the PDP elect a new minority leader.

“It’s a tradition all over the world that when you defected to another party even as a Senate President like Saraki did, to resign from the office of the Senate President. APC is still the majority party and they need to form a new leadership. The Senate President should honourably resign just like I did."

He also criticized the PDP for doing nothing in the South-South for 16 years;

"Having moved from PDP to APC, I felt fulfilled. My advice and suggestions in the national interest would not be looked upon with suspicion by the government in power again. I moved to APC in national interest. I don’t believe in bringing government into being and will not support that government to succeed.

In the last 16 years, I did not see 1 kilometre of road done by PDP government in Akwa Ibom state, but today, APC government is constructing the road from Akwa Ibom to Calabar.

The road has been a death trap and I must thank this government for that. From the national and local perspectives, people look at me as a leader and I must tell you that in 2019, it would be difficult for any other party to penetrate the South-South."

https://politicsngr.com/breaking-must-resign-akpabio-comes-saraki-senate-clash/

cc: lalasticlala

And am sure he would say he did very well in Akwa Ibom and constructed more than 1 km road and had the very support of GEJ and the FG. Which party was he in as Governor Apc??

He resigned a minority leader role and moved to majority party but no majority leader position vacant. His choice or would have remained a minority leader in a majority party. Saraki was elected by majority vote of all parties. He chooses to stay as president. Let the majority vote him out.

If you lacked sense of judgment you will think that these politician ever make sense. Do they think things through?

1 Like

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by Rayd502(m): 6:19pm On Oct 17, 2018
Same Akpabio supported the ascendancy of Saraki as the Senate president.It goes a long way to show that in this game there is no permanent friends no permanent enemy.

I won't be surprised if Dino turns Saraki's enemy tmr if their interests were divergent..All men are fighting for their political relevance.

I remember a picture of Fayose and Senator Buruji eating amala together years back, today both of them don't see eye to eye.

5 Likes

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by Almaiga: 6:19pm On Oct 17, 2018
Whobedatte:

Future impossible tense
grin

Saraki most go. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by Odingo1: 6:20pm On Oct 17, 2018
Atikulate

4 Likes

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 17, 2018
Almaiga:
I'm confident that Saraki's days are numbered. The APC Senators are finalizing their strategies, Saraki will be history soon.

na dis one get shiitt for brain. Foooll

5 Likes

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by joe120120(m): 6:20pm On Oct 17, 2018
stephanie11:
@POLITICSNGR

Senator Godswill Akpabio has called for the resignation of Senate President, Bukola Saraki, PoliticsNGR has learned.

This development is coming shortly after both politicians clashed over sitting positions in the hallowed chambers earlier today. 

Addressing a Press Conference after Plenary on Wednesday, Akpabio advised Saraki to honorably resign as president of the Senate. He added that the Senate President should borrow a leaf from him as a former minority leader, saying he resigned the position when he defected from PDP to APC to allow the PDP elect a new minority leader.

“It’s a tradition all over the world that when you defected to another party even as a Senate President like Saraki did, to resign from the office of the Senate President. APC is still the majority party and they need to form a new leadership. The Senate President should honourably resign just like I did."

"Having moved from PDP to APC, I felt fulfilled. My advice and suggestions in the national interest would not be looked upon with suspicion by the government in power again. I moved to APC in national interest. I don’t believe in bringing government into being and will not support that government to succeed.

In the last 16 years, I did not see 1 kilometre of road done by PDP government in Akwa Ibom state, but today, APC government is constructing the road from Akwa Ibom to Calabar.

The road has been a death trap and I must thank this government for that. From the national and local perspectives, people look at me as a leader and I must tell you that in 2019, it would be difficult for any other party to penetrate the South-South."

I don't know akpabio is stupid and useless like this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by Dinho20(m): 6:21pm On Oct 17, 2018
Almaiga:
I'm confident that Saraki's days are numbered. The APC Senators are finalizing their strategies, Saraki will be history soon.

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by somehow: 6:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
Nationally he said especially federal road in his part of Nigeria.
CROWNWEALTH019:
Him open him mouth say PDP no do anything for 16 years, now I know say na cow shiit they the man brain

2 Likes

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by badonkadonk: 6:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
Pdp has done terrible things... Agreed!

But has APC been any better?

2 Likes

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by openmine(m): 6:23pm On Oct 17, 2018
Almaiga:

grin
its obvious you still don't know naija politics!
Who are the APC senators that are finalizing strategies for saraki's exist?

The same senators that have been pushed out of their senatorial positions by their state governors or those senators who are APC in the morning and PDP in the night?

its obvious you don't know that almost half of the senators in APC are secretly in support of saraki....dey there make shoe dey wear you! grin

If a head count is made right now for impeachment against saraki,only four APC members will vote against saraki!

Why do you think he reconvened the senate after the primaries?

When it comes to politics,saraki is a don!
una never chichumchin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by odi1278(m): 6:23pm On Oct 17, 2018
You must really be a zombie
Dannyset:
Politicians are heartless and without manners. How can you be in that party for good 16 years and still tell us what we know? Na wa oo!

PDP brought Nigeria into this mess and God will not forgive them for wanting to fool us and come back through the back door.

And as for Saraki, there's no need telling him to resign anymore. The election is here already. He will be dealt with even in his polling unit. Every one of you would see the same strategy PDP used to remain in power for 16 years in play.
Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 17, 2018
smiley

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by awa(m): 6:29pm On Oct 17, 2018
Akpabio is just a fool...what's wrong Nigeria Politicians
Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by Ogaga87(m): 6:29pm On Oct 17, 2018
Johnbull with your dirty mouth.. Accepted criminal wen nor get shame..
A learner will always remain a learner.. Akpabiom go and remove him if you can
Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by PassingShot(m): 6:29pm On Oct 17, 2018
djacob:
Fucking Slave
See you! Aren’t you now a slave to a Fulani in Atiku?

cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 17, 2018
saying pdp did nothing in 16years is same as saying akpabio did nothing in 16years
Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by jonneljonn(m): 6:31pm On Oct 17, 2018
u like mr akPABIO IF U HAVE EYES ON THE SENATE PRESIDENT SEAT THEN U WILL NEVER SUCCEED ijn
Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by deomelo: 6:31pm On Oct 17, 2018
jconsulting:
Ah Akpabio has finally​ ran mad, was he not the governor for 8 years out of the 16 years
, once you join APC you lose your memory and become a tout

Was the FG road his responsibility or is this even the reason why his own party didn't construct any FG road or even bridge anywhere in Nigeria even though they collected the largest oil earnings in the history of Nigeria?

You Igbos are of course enemies of Nigeria, we know this already

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by akinbode1(m): 6:32pm On Oct 17, 2018
Akpabio is barking like his master Oshiomole.....#Arrant Nonsense#

2 Likes

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by boxypane(m): 6:35pm On Oct 17, 2018
What shocks me the most is that these unreasonable youths will attack Akpabio from the party point of view, but !awfully and logically he is right!!! How can minority lead the majority?
Saraki should honourably resign.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by tuniski: 6:36pm On Oct 17, 2018
Dannyset:
Politicians are heartless and without manners. How can you be in that party for good 16 years and still tell us what we know? Na wa oo!

PDP brought Nigeria into this mess and God will not forgive them for wanting to fool us and come back through the back door.

And as for Saraki, there's no need telling him to resign anymore. The election is here already. He will be dealt with even in his polling unit. Every one of you would see the same strategy PDP used to remain in power for 16 years in play.
Painment!
Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by ibori1(m): 6:36pm On Oct 17, 2018
Almaiga:

E go do you and Saraki like Magic, when APC will finally impeach him.

what r dey still waitin for?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by thesolutions(m): 6:37pm On Oct 17, 2018
stephanie11:
@POLITICSNGR

Resign as in Saraki is the senate president of PDP. Akpabios zombiesm might end up to be more than that of known zombies.

1 Like

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by AskProf: 6:37pm On Oct 17, 2018
stephanie11:
@POLITICSNGR

Is is this Akpabio or is there another?

1 Like

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by bigsam1992(m): 6:38pm On Oct 17, 2018
we are into interior and exterior designs, contact us on 07061146043 or 09023344839

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by Atouke: 6:40pm On Oct 17, 2018
Senator Akpabio edging himself into irrelevance. How the mighty have fallen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by backnbeta(f): 6:40pm On Oct 17, 2018
hucienda:

Who or what is the PDP in this case?

All this simplistic rendition mischievously omitting the fact that he[/i] was the PDP in his state for 8 years.
PDP is made up of people, just like APC. Politicians should stop hiding behind political parties and start taking responsibility for their actions and inactions!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by paparazi1(m): 6:46pm On Oct 17, 2018
stephanie11:
@POLITICSNGR

Akpabio you are the most stupid goat of the century. You actually transform and Liberate Akwa Ibom citizen in education, road construction and many more to mention here but may i asked you, as at the time you did all that; with all the liberty, support and empowerment given to you by the Jonathan administration which party do you belong to then APC OR PDP. Akpabio your fall is very imminent, you will crash like you never exist. Posterity will never forgive you, ingrate betrayer is who you are.

5 Likes

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 17, 2018
When PDP members cross over to APC, they go mad. But when APC members cross over to PDP, they find peaceful home.

This Akpabio was like a junior brother to GEJ, but I thought that friendship was due to the fact that it is a SS/ND alliance that will bring development, but GEJ failed the SS/ND, even with Akpabio as GEJ's brother. Both of them failed the Niger Delta. It seems to me that Akpabio is just a coward who is always seeking cover under any President in power to garner emotional support that he cant get from girlfriends.

I can not deny what he has done for Akwa Ibom, he set a standard that if successive administration follows up, then Government can transform that State to be better than Lagos in just 10 years (if master plan is followed through).

But Akpabio should not sound as if his ego is on the line here. Worst than his ego is on the line. Saraki, Dino and the entire PDP caucus played him a silly one at the Senate today, he can not continue to enjoy a smooth friendship with people he has betrayed by cross-carpeting, because even Dino and Saraki are not enjoying friendship from APC people they betrayed.

Akpabio must understand that to be a Politician, you must be ready to be surprised, and the surprises are just beginning.

Saraki has been on the hot-seat from Day 1, and he can not stand up. If he does, Buhari and his boys will just become more draconian than they are now. Nigerians would have suffered more if Saraki was not the Senate President - fact.

As for Saraki, I am still watching his moves and he is smarter than most of them. A more clever thief.

3 Likes

Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by Ategberoson(m): 6:47pm On Oct 17, 2018
djacob:
Fucking Slave

same as obi
Re: 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash by meromero11: 6:52pm On Oct 17, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
Him open him mouth say PDP no do anything for 16 years, now I know say na cow shiit they the man brain

Bros, stop supporting retrigression. PDP brought us into this mess and APC is wearing the mess a cap for further showcase. Atiku will come and apply the final cosmetic make ups to the mess for the public/village square dance. It is for us to decide our path rather than keep following those misleading us. Stop the blind support for either APC or PDP. This is the best opportunity for the masses to shock the old devils both in power and aspiring to power. We have our options and we should take it now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

US, UK, EU Envoys Reject FG Position On Twitter Ban After Meeting / Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba / Police At Hospital Where Yusuf Buhari Is Being Treated (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.