Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right (25808 Views)

World Bank Junior Professional Association (JPA) Global Based Program Graduates / Just Completed NYSC! Get Training And Job Placement In Solar Companies / Medical and Fitness Report By Corps Members Must Now Carry NMA Stamp - NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by zubby4567(m): 6:35pm On Oct 17, 2018
NMA IS PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION NOT REGULATORY AGENCY NYSC GET IT RIGTH

Just like Pharmaceutiacal Society of Nigeria(PSN), Association of Medical Laboratory Scientist of Nigeria (AMLSN)etc, so also NMA.I just read it at the twitter handle of National Youth Service Corps that each Medical certificate /fitness most be accompanied with NMA stamp....."just to curb quackery ....."

My questions to NYSC are as follows

I. Where can I get NMA hospital NOT Federal, State or Any other Primary health care in this country?

II. Is the NMA responsible for the medical check up OR the hospitals?

Iii. Is the stamp from respective hospital managenents not enough ?

Iv. What really NMA members contributes in medical report/fitness

If we really know the answers to above questions I wonder if NYSC is not promoting Quackery rather than trying to Checkmate it because out of morthern 10 different investigations, non of them is been done by NMA member rather other medical professionals

All tests eg HbsAg, Genotype, Urine/stool analysis, Hb, PCV, HCV, TB etc are done and signed by qualified Medical Laboratory Scientists

X-rays and visual test are carried out by Radiographers and Optometrist respectively...

So in these case, What NYSC are they really telling us, is this not promoting quackery by accepting a signed document from the person who is not qualified and liecensed to carried it out?

Similarly, it will be a rediculous if a memeber of particular profession can sign a the document, it means that there will be no authentication, and the members might be deciding to accept or demand something and the aim is totally defeated.

THE WAY FORWARD

1.That Hospital Managements should be and the only way to get medical report/fitness as it comprises the input of different Health professionals

2. If any body most stamp it should be regulatory body Eg Medical laboratory Science Council of Nigeria(MLSCN) Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) etc not professional association who are not affiliate to any government parataltas.

3.If any Professional Association has to Sign, it should be of equal proportion by signing what your respective profession contribute

Finally I hope that the Government, NYSC and Other respective profession involve will figure out a workable solution to avoid any further rediculous way of fighting quackery.

ADAMU

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by enitey(f): 6:49pm On Oct 17, 2018
FTC Baby wink cheesy grin

NYSC.....take time!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by Ayodejioak(m): 6:49pm On Oct 17, 2018
This is called separating men from boys!

NYSC is now nothing but a joke

In my days, $hit was real
smiley

3 Likes

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by opius: 6:50pm On Oct 17, 2018
Is that so ?
Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by contigiency(m): 6:50pm On Oct 17, 2018
Ok. But this was the same stance NBA used to take. But When Buhari went after corrupt judges, they started shouting reminding the whole world that they have judicial panel that regulate and sanction erring judicial members.

3 Likes

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by sunnedee2: 6:51pm On Oct 17, 2018
This table NYSC is shaking....

1 Like

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by nurex01(m): 6:52pm On Oct 17, 2018
NYSC GOT CONFUSED

7 Likes

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by Etizz: 6:52pm On Oct 17, 2018
It's just one of the way to make things more difficult for people ...

I swear I hate Nigeria,and the people making things difficult for us.... Imagine a course they do in Ghana for 6 months, Naija own na 9months.. Same course....

Here we take everything to serious without any reasonable benefits...

7 Likes

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by inoki247: 6:52pm On Oct 17, 2018
goan and get Oluwole signature

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by Racoon(m): 6:53pm On Oct 17, 2018
This shitcrap can only happen in a lawless government like of the APC.Otherwise when have it become the responsibility of the NMA-an association to be issuing health fitness certificate.

3 Likes

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by eaddyboy: 6:54pm On Oct 17, 2018
Futile Scheme. .should be scrap off!!

2 Likes

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by dfrost: 6:55pm On Oct 17, 2018
That's what you get when square pegs are dropped in round holes.

1 Like

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by leisuretym: 6:55pm On Oct 17, 2018
hahah! the NYSC DG didnt know... and the man claimed he's educated

he must be one of them.

S. Z. Kazaure (DG NYSC). FSS DSS MSS Ph.D MCSN.

2 Likes

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by Jayloy: 6:55pm On Oct 17, 2018
Your logic in that test are not being done by doctors is flawed. Who declares an individual fit, a doctor or other allied medical workers. The purpose of this is to curb quackery and proliferation of many fake health reports that our corrupt system has allowed. An hospital gate man would get you a medical health report so far he has the hospital letter head and impersonate a doctor or a non existing doctor and these many lab people do. So, what NMA is doing is to get a personalised stamp that can be traced to every doctor. This is to make it easy to hold someone that is the doctor responsible for these reports which only them are licensed to issue.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by supernova007: 6:55pm On Oct 17, 2018
Am I the only person who doesn't make any sense of this write up?

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by dfrost: 6:58pm On Oct 17, 2018
eaddyboy:
Futile Scheme. .should be scrap off!!

Honestly I agree but on a more second thought, integration between tribes was the ideology by Gowon only that dumb heads are there that are only concerned about money.

No single innovation. During my three weeks orientation, it was two computer programmers that developed the software for posting corp members to various LGs based on demand made by schools, hospitals, companies et al.

1 Like

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by lakesman1(m): 7:03pm On Oct 17, 2018
I read it's for medical students alone
Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by realbitez(m): 7:03pm On Oct 17, 2018
Senseless corp
Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by Tobyarab(m): 7:05pm On Oct 17, 2018
RIP English

2 Likes

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 17, 2018
If the medical certificate of fitness was free, pcms won't patronize oluwole and there would be no cause for an NMA stamp but trust Nigeria to make things difficult undecided
Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by eaddyboy: 7:07pm On Oct 17, 2018
dfrost:

Honestly I agree but on a more second thought, integration between tribes was the ideology by Gowon only that dumb heads are there that are only concerned about money.

No single innovation. During my three weeks orientation, it was two computer programmers that developed the software for posting corp members to various LGs based on demand made by schools, hospitals, companies et al.

Too bad...This is Our Nigeria. .if only job employers and institutions don't demand for the certificate before considering whether to take one or not.. apart from the integration of cultures and ideologies aspect!! To me issa waste of one precious year .
Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by Nameflow(m): 7:07pm On Oct 17, 2018
You have said it all.
Jayloy:
Your logic in that test are not being done by doctors is flawed. Who declares an individual fit, a doctor or other allied medical workers. The purpose of this is to curb quackery and proliferation of many fake health reports that our corrupt system has allowed. An hospital gate man would get you a medical health report so far he has the hospital letter head and impersonate a doctor or a non existing doctor and these many lab people do. So, what NMA is doing is to get a personalised stamp that can be traced to every doctor. This is to make it easy to hold someone that is the doctor responsible for these reports which only them are licensed to issue.

14 Likes

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by Jayloy: 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2018
Nameflow:
You have said it all.
Thanks. I guess the poster is a lab person hence, his position. We should look beyond inter professional rivalry and support the good of healthcare in this country. This is a welcome development if you ask me.

17 Likes

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by TundeHashim(m): 7:14pm On Oct 17, 2018
NYSC does not have a verified Twitter account. That account that published the instruction is NOT the official nysc account. It's more of a parody account. There are several nysc accounts on twitter but @officialnysc is the least authentic. So don't worry people, you dont have problems.

2 Likes

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by dfrost: 7:15pm On Oct 17, 2018
eaddyboy:

Too bad...This is Our Nigeria. .if only job employers and institutions don't demand for the certificate before considering whether to take one or not.. apart from the integration of cultures and ideologies aspect!! To me issa waste of one precious year .

Depends on the company. Some companies don't.

1 Like

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by JoannaSedley(f): 7:16pm On Oct 17, 2018
Jayloy:

Thanks. I guess the poster is a lab person hence, his position. We should look beyond inter professional rivalry and support the good of healthcare in this country. This is a welcome development if you ask me.
There is nothing good about what NYSC posted. It enhances quackery instead of eliminating it.

4 Likes

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by SarcasticGenius(m): 7:18pm On Oct 17, 2018
Lawyers face a similar issue with the N.B.A. I'm guessing the difference between law and medicine is that in law, membership of the N.B.A is mandatory.

zubby4567:

NMA IS PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION NOT REGULATORY AGENCY NYSC GET IT RIGTH

Just like Pharmaceutiacal Society of Nigeria(PSN), Association of Medical Laboratory Scientist of Nigeria (AMLSN)etc, so also NMA.I just read it at the twitter handle of National Youth Service Corps that each Medical certificate /fitness most be accompanied with NMA stamp....."just to curb quackery ....."

My questions to NYSC are as follows

I. Where can I get NMA hospital NOT Federal, State or Any other Primary health care in this country?

II. Is the NMA responsible for the medical check up OR the hospitals?

Iii. Is the stamp from respective hospital managenents not enough ?

Iv. What really NMA members contributes in medical report/fitness

If we really know the answers to above questions I wonder if NYSC is not promoting Quackery rather than trying to Checkmate it because out of morthern 10 different investigations, non of them is been done by NMA member rather other medical professionals

All tests eg HbsAg, Genotype, Urine/stool analysis, Hb, PCV, HCV, TB etc are done and signed by qualified Medical Laboratory Scientists

X-rays and visual test are carried out by Radiographers and Optometrist respectively...

So in these case, What NYSC are they really telling us, is this not promoting quackery by accepting a signed document from the person who is not qualified and liecensed to carried it out?

Similarly, it will be a rediculous if a memeber of particular profession can sign a the document, it means that there will be no authentication, and the members might be deciding to accept or demand something and the aim is totally defeated.

THE WAY FORWARD

1.That Hospital Managements should be and the only way to get medical report/fitness as it comprises the input of different Health professionals

2. If any body most stamp it should be regulatory body Eg Medical laboratory Science Council of Nigeria(MLSCN) Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) etc not professional association who are not affiliate to any government parataltas.

3.If any Professional Association has to Sign, it should be of equal proportion by signing what your respective profession contribute

Finally I hope that the Government, NYSC and Other respective profession involve will figure out a workable solution to avoid any further rediculous way of fighting quackery.

ADAMU

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by d33types: 7:19pm On Oct 17, 2018
Nonsense..

@zubby4567

All these tests you talked about can be performed by lab scientists, radiographers ,agreed but unfortunately for you, NYSC didn't ask for a lab result .They asked for a fitness report which only a doctor can issue

Deal with your hatred for doctors.

There's this unexplainable hatred for doctors by the typical lab scientist. Surprisingly med lab science is the newest allied medical profession in Nigeria (the late 90s) . The older professionals eg pharmacists and nurses don't have much problems with doctors.

19 Likes

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by d33types: 7:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
Racoon:
This shitcrap can only happen in a lawless government like of the APC.Otherwise when have it become the responsibility of the NMA-an association to be issuing health fitness certificate.

Do you ever read?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NYSC: 2016 Batch A Time Table Update. / NYSC Age Limit. / Batch B 2014 : Posted To Adamawa State, Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.