Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Nigeria Moves 10 Places Up In Global Competitiveness Index - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Moves 10 Places Up In Global Competitiveness Index (7560 Views)

A Report Of Cadbury Nigeria Plc On How To Improve Competitiveness / Nigeria climbs 10 places to 115th in Global Competitiveness Rankings / Nigeria Moves To Recover $3 Billion From Chinese Owned Addax Petroleum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Moves 10 Places Up In Global Competitiveness Index by Horus(m): 8:44am On Oct 18, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrWl8pBGjS8

Nigeria’s Global Competitiveness Index

According to the latest Global Competitiveness report released by the World Economic Forum Nigeria moved down
three places to rank 115th Position in 140 countries surveyed in the index
Re: Nigeria Moves 10 Places Up In Global Competitiveness Index by OgbeniSamm(m): 8:48am On Oct 18, 2018
Some mugus will still politicise this one. God bless Naija

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Moves 10 Places Up In Global Competitiveness Index by Simonchester: 8:50am On Oct 18, 2018
I stand with Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Moves 10 Places Up In Global Competitiveness Index by KanwuliaMama: 8:58am On Oct 18, 2018
kolaaderin:
. Yes now, but if its the other way against the country, you would be glad to throw all sort of abuse to Buhari. This mentality is serious sign of aggressive madness , change your ways.

You will find all kinds of yeye rankings to make your LIFELESSNESS appealing ke! cheesy
Assessment from 419 INDIAN ECONOMIST!
Abeg! Make BLOOMBERG talk make we listen!
Nigeria is a BORRROWING ECONOMY with no sustainable economic policies. Period! kiss

Which countries were used in the so-called analysis? I bet you no civilized countries but only AFRICAN SHYTE HOLES! grin

On the other hand NIGERIA is the WORLD CAPITAL OF POVERTY! IS IT NOT IRONIC? cheesy

What index of competitiveness are YOU referring to with your SLUM/PORTHOLE ECONOMY and THE EVIL AXIS OF CORRUPTION? undecided

Please, read again and stop spreading FALSEHOOD!

The indicators which were then organized into 12 pillars are health, skills, financial system, infrastructure, institutions, ICT adoption, macroeconomic stability, product market, labour market, ,market size, business dynamism and innovation capacity.

See CLASSIC BULLSHYTE? cheesy
With high unemployment rate, unsafe living conditions, loss of life and property, lack of educational facilities and healthcare deforms?
People dying all over Nigeria with a mortality rate of less than 55 years old? angry

Business dynamism my foot!
Keep celebrating LIFELESSNESS and FAILURE! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Moves 10 Places Up In Global Competitiveness Index by Jaguntemmy(m): 9:18am On Oct 18, 2018
kolafolabi:
Biggest economy without nothing to show for it.. I stand for a better Nigeria where there will be no terrorism and tribalism and of course, a better living for all Nigerians.
STOP ALL THESE E ONLINE COMPLAIN.
EVEN IN BABYLON THERE WAS A POOR MAN

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Moves 10 Places Up In Global Competitiveness Index by Jaguntemmy(m): 9:21am On Oct 18, 2018
Sir, with all respect, please tell me what did you want.
even if Jesus was to rule Nigeria you guys will still complain.
i am wondering if you will make heaven
KanwuliaMama:

You will find all kinds of yeye rankings to make your LIFELESSNESS appealing ke! cheesy
Assessment from 419 INDIAN ECONOMIST!
Abeg! Make BLOOMBERG talk make we listen!
Nigeria is a BOTROWING ECONOMY with no sustainable economic policies. Period! kiss

Which countries were used in the so-called analysis? I bet you no civilized countries but only AFRICAN SHYTE HOLES! grin

On the other hand NIGERIA is the WORLD CAPITAL OF POVERTY!

What index of competitiveness are YOU referring to with your SLUM/PORTHOLE ECONOMY and THE AXIS OF CORRUPTION? undecided

Please, read again and stop spreading FALSEHOOD!

See CLASSIC BULLSHYTE? cheesy
With high unemployment rate, unsafe living conditions, loss of life and property, lack of educational facilities and healthcare deforms?
People dying all over Nigeria with a mortality rate of less than 55 years old? angry

Business dynamism my foot!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Moves 10 Places Up In Global Competitiveness Index by KanwuliaMama: 9:31am On Oct 18, 2018
Jaguntemmy:
Sir, with all respect, please tell me what did you want.
even if Jesus was to rule Nigeria you guys will still complain.
i am wondering if you will make heaven

Heaven? After seeing the NIGERIAN HELL? shocked
Like a crab in a bucket!
Nigeria is not even in the top HUNDRED!
Just accept the CURSE WITHOUT HOPE!
Lifelessness has brought no change climbing from 125 to 115 in a bucket full of CRABS? grin
With a FAILING GRADE OF LESS THAN 50% cry

Buhari MUST go! cheesy
NO CHANGE AFTER 4 YEARS! ANY FAILING GOVERNMENT MUST PACK AND GO AFTER 4 YEARS! NO MORE BARRACK TOUTS! kiss

Re: Nigeria Moves 10 Places Up In Global Competitiveness Index by KanwuliaMama: 9:44am On Oct 18, 2018
Duplipost!
Re: Nigeria Moves 10 Places Up In Global Competitiveness Index by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 18, 2018
deji17:
Nigeria moves 10 places up in global competitiveness index

By Bunmi Bailey
October 17, 2018

Africa’s biggest economy has moved up by ten places ranking 115th position globally from its previous 125th position, according to the latest Global Competitiveness 4.0 2018 Report of the World Economic Forum (WEF) released today.

According to the WEF annual report that analyzed 140 countries, Nigeria scored 47.6 out of a total score of 100. The new Global Competitiveness Index 4.0 which measures national competitiveness, defined it as the set of institutions, policies and factors that determine the level of productively of a nation.
The report looked at 98 indicators across 140 countries to determine the overall ranking and to signify how close an economy is to the ideal state or “frontier” of competitiveness.

The indicators which were then organized into 12 pillars are health, skills, financial system, infrastructure, institutions, ICT adoption, macroeconomic stability, product market, labour market, ,market size, business dynamism and innovation capacity.

Nigeria scored 42 in the institution indicator, 42 in infrastructure, 26 in ICT adoption, 56 in macroeconomic stability, 51 in health and 40 in skills.

In addition, it scored 52, 59, 44, 71, 55 and 31 in product market, labour market, financial system, market size , business dynamism and innovation capacity respectively.

The WEF ,this year used a new methodology to fully capture the new emerging dynamics of what fuels the global economy, which means including some other indicators that were not included before, such as diversity, workers rights, re-skilling, and press freedom.

The new index sheds light on an emerging set of drivers of productivity and long-term growth in the era of the Fourth Industrial Revolution. It provides a much-needed compass for policy-makers and other stakeholders to help shape economic strategies and monitor progress.

https://www.businessdayonline.com/business-economy/article/nigeria-moves-10-places-global-competitiveness-index/

This same Nigeria we all live in?

Fake news.

Fake source.

Fake Fake.
Re: Nigeria Moves 10 Places Up In Global Competitiveness Index by biztip: 12:55pm On Oct 18, 2018
deji17:

This is the legacy of your corrupt PDP.

130 firms closed shop —MAN

DECEMBER 15, 2013

The Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) has encountered numerous challenges ranging from deteriorating infrastructure in the operating environment to deepening weak domestic demand arising from lack of consumer purchasing power. As such, many manufacturers doing business in Nigeria are forced to move part of their operations to other countries, while others without the financial capacity to stay afloat in business are simply going under.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/130-firms-closed-shop-man/
2019 will tell. let's be more patient
Re: Nigeria Moves 10 Places Up In Global Competitiveness Index by igbanbajo(m): 7:26pm On Oct 18, 2018
deji17:
Work is ongoing on Bodo-Bonny Road by Julius Berger. A 34 km long road going through low lying marshy and swampy area...Construction of cross culverts, creek bridges of about 600m length and a major river bridge of about 800m length.

PMB At Work - South South Nigeria

Bookmarked to see pic.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Moves 10 Places Up In Global Competitiveness Index by Unkl(m): 9:14pm On Oct 18, 2018
It beats my imagination how any sensible soul will want PDP back after years of reckless plundering. God forbid. There is no govt that don't have flaws even in developed countries. It will be a great injustice to have people like Fayose, FFK etc parade our corridors of power again.
PMB may not be a Saint but I am not in doubt of His commitment to fix this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Moves 10 Places Up In Global Competitiveness Index by Jaguntemmy(m): 9:49pm On Oct 18, 2018
KanwuliaMama:

Heaven? After seeing the NIGERIAN HELL? shocked
Like a crab in a bucket!
Nigeria is not even in the top HUNDRED!
Just accept the CURSE WITHOUT HOPE!
Lifelessness has brought no change climbing from 125 to 115 in a bucket full of CRABS? grin
With a FAILING GRADE OF LESS THAN 50% cry

Buhari MUST go! cheesy
NO CHANGE AFTER 4 YEARS! ANY FAILING GOVERNMENT MUST PACK AND GO AFTER 4 YEARS! NO MORE BARRACK TOUTS! kiss
Ask yourself IF YOU COMMOT BUHARI PUT ATIKU WETIN WE GAIN
Re: Nigeria Moves 10 Places Up In Global Competitiveness Index by KanwuliaMama: 12:46am On Oct 19, 2018
Jaguntemmy:

Ask yourself IF YOU COMMOT BUHARI PUT ATIKU WETIN WE GAIN

We gain LIFE, not LIFELESSNESS! grin
Re: Nigeria Moves 10 Places Up In Global Competitiveness Index by Jaguntemmy(m): 7:39am On Oct 19, 2018
KanwuliaMama:

We gain LIFE, not LIFELESSNESS! grin
No need to discus anything again na
Re: Nigeria Moves 10 Places Up In Global Competitiveness Index by Cchuks27(m): 12:15am On Oct 22, 2018
Corrinthians:
Refreshing news indeed.

Most of our economic indices are looking up but such news are a hard-sell these days since vendors have to satisfy their customers' apetite for negative publicity lest they go under.

I believed in Baba 11 years ago, I still do today and always will until he says he's done with politics and leadership.

Forget all the e-noise to the contrary, we know better.

Sai Baba!

Bro, mind explaining indices (index) application to me?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meetmal And Mayorall Sold Stolen Funds To Me / Standard Bank Report Predicts Increase In Reserves Buoyed By Domestic Oil Refine / Facebook And CPA Make $50 Per Day With Little Or No Investments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.