Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

Solar Panel Installtion Request - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Solar Panel Installtion Request (795 Views)

Automatic Remote Gate Installtion In Benin / We Buy And Sell Bad/working Inverter, Inverter Ba3 And Solar Panel At Good Price / Solar panel and inverter battery Now in Abuja | Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solar Panel Installtion Request by frowland(m): 6:55am On Oct 18, 2018
Hello,

I imported 7 solar panels as attached picture indicates.
I need an installer around Lagos mainland.
Please give me break down and answers on;

* Minimum number of batteries I need and cost
* Inverter rating needed and cost
* Accessories needed and cost
* Do I need to install all the panels to have good energy for a 4 bedroom Bungalow?
* labour can be discussed in advance.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Solar Panel Installtion Request by marceeesty(m): 7:17am On Oct 18, 2018
The information provided is not complete, but so far 3kva will do with two batteries to give you at least 24v 200AH each for start, as for the panels the current is quite small but trust charge controllers to do the magic, , but upgradeable at your wish when all the details have been gotten. As for installation, let's see your location first. If you want to use all the panels I suggest you look at four batteries up of the same rating.
Re: Solar Panel Installtion Request by frowland(m): 7:22am On Oct 18, 2018
marceeesty:
The information provided is not complete, but so far 3kva will do with two batteries to give you at least 24v 200AH each for start, as for the panels the current is quite small but trust charge controllers to do the magic, , but upgradeable at your wish when all the details have been gotten. As for installation, let's see your location first.

Lagos mainland Gowon Estate, Egbeda to be precise.
What do you mean the information I provided is not complete? Please elaborate on that.
The image I posted is image of the panel spec and there are seven of them. That's all the info I have.
Re: Solar Panel Installtion Request by marceeesty(m): 7:31am On Oct 18, 2018
The four bedroom apartment how many refrigerators, ACs, infact can you say how much power you need at ur peak hour (that is when you are using most of ur electrical appliances, how many Watts do you consume). This will help to get you a suitable inverter rating, I stay at Igando. We can talk further on 08152569000
Re: Solar Panel Installtion Request by frowland(m): 7:51am On Oct 18, 2018
marceeesty:
The four bedroom apartment how many refrigerators, ACs, infact can you say how much power you need at ur peak hour (that is when you are using most of ur electrical appliances, how many Watts do you consume). This will help to get you a suitable inverter rating, I stay at Igando. We can talk further on 08152569000
Okay understood now. I will call you. Thanks.
Re: Solar Panel Installtion Request by izzou(m): 8:54pm On Oct 18, 2018
frowland:
Hello,

* Do I need to install all the panels to have good energy for a 4 bedroom Bungalow?

Thanks in advance.

You're already chatting with someone, so there's no need to talk about that

I'm more interested in where you got those panels. Can you kindly fill me in on how you imported them?

Please? smiley
Re: Solar Panel Installtion Request by kiekie1(m): 11:03pm On Oct 18, 2018
izzou:

I'm more interested in where you got those panels. Can you kindly fill me in on how you imported them?

Please? smiley

Hello, that's a normal 250w solar panel dear.. Why not save yourself importation et clearing stress & make do with normal 260w,300w,310,340w solar modules we have down here in brands like Canadian solar, Yachi, Jinko etc ! My 2centx smiley
Re: Solar Panel Installtion Request by kiekie1(m): 11:12pm On Oct 18, 2018
frowland:
Hello,

Thanks in advance.

Hmmn, to efficiently enjoy your 7 units of solar panels as stated , you must settle for a 24v inverter system. Total of your panels considering losses ranges 1400-1500w. I advice you get at least a 60a charge controller but it will be very difficult to synchronize 7 units because its an odd number , you either drop 1 panel or add 1 more... You might not understand but feel free to reach us for professional solar discussion. Cheer's

https://www.nairaland.com/4550958/strictly-discounted-prices-solar-power

Smartcell global services,
081-350-31951

1 Like

Re: Solar Panel Installtion Request by izzou(m): 6:11am On Oct 19, 2018
kiekie1:

Hello, that's a normal 250w solar panel dear.. Why not save yourself importation et clearing stress & make do with normal 260w,300w,310,340w solar modules we have down here in brands like Canadian solar, Yachi, Jinko etc ! My 2centx smiley

Actually, it's the importation and clearing stress that I want to know about

Thanks for advising smiley
Re: Solar Panel Installtion Request by frowland(m): 7:29am On Oct 19, 2018
izzou:

Please? smiley

Loaded in my one of my container from Japan. Have been unused ever since.
Is it not good? Heard the panels have been discontinued but I dont know the reason why. I couldn't leave them there because of that.
Re: Solar Panel Installtion Request by frowland(m): 7:32am On Oct 19, 2018
izzou:

Actually, it's the importation and clearing stress that I want to know about

Thanks for advising smiley

Oh, that. All were handled by my clearing agent. Lots of other items were loaded in the container and not just those panels.
Re: Solar Panel Installtion Request by frowland(m): 7:34am On Oct 19, 2018
kiekie1:

Hmmn, to efficiently enjoy your 7 units of solar panels as stated , you must settle for a 24v inverter system. Total of your panels considering losses ranges 1400-1500w. I advice you get at least a 60a charge controller but it will be very difficult to synchronize 7 units because its an odd number , you either drop 1 panel or add 1 more... You might not understand but feel free to reach us for professional solar discussion. Cheer's

Smartcell global services,
081-350-31951

Thank you very much for this information really appreciate. I am currently working with the first responder.
Re: Solar Panel Installtion Request by frowland(m): 7:35am On Oct 19, 2018
kiekie1:

Are you saying the panels are not good compared to those you mentioned? Please kindly advice. Thanks.
Re: Solar Panel Installtion Request by izzou(m): 8:06am On Oct 19, 2018
frowland:

Loaded in my one of my container from Japan. Have been unused ever since.
Is it not good? Heard the panels have been discontinued but I dont know the reason why. I couldn't leave them there because of that.

They are okay. Panels stay up to 25 years or more. There's this project we are working on, and we will need lots of those panels.

I just wanted to know the cheapest and efficient way to source for quality panels
Re: Solar Panel Installtion Request by kiekie1(m): 8:17am On Oct 19, 2018
frowland:

Thank you very much for this information really appreciate. I am currently working with the first responder.

Hello, am not keen on installing, nevertheless information / concept varies. . Calling one or two people for indepth info does no harm smiley!! Cheer's

3 Likes

Re: Solar Panel Installtion Request by frowland(m): 8:20am On Oct 19, 2018
kiekie1:

Hello, am not keen on installing, nevertheless information / concept varies. . Calling one or two people for indepth info does no harm smiley!! Cheer's
Understood!

1 Like

Re: Solar Panel Installtion Request by frowland(m): 8:26am On Oct 19, 2018
izzou:

They are okay. Panels stay up to 25 years or more. There's this project we are working on, and we will need lots of those panels.

I just wanted to know the cheapest and efficient way to source for quality panels
Okay I get! We just buy what we see at the garages, load and ship down.
Re: Solar Panel Installtion Request by izzou(m): 8:30am On Oct 19, 2018
frowland:

Okay I get! We just buy what we see at the garages, load and ship down.

Okay

Thanks smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mint USA Used Unlocked Iphone 7 32GB------SOLD / Clean Used Tecno Wx3 And W3 For Sale / How To Clear Your Mtn Debt... Tested And Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.