Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea (12891 Views)

How To Make Plantain And Egg Frittata Without Oven (Photos, Video) / Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange / How To Make Simple Stir Fry Potatoes And Vegetables:breakfast Idea (2) (3) (4)

How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by vinegurl(f): 8:18am On Oct 18, 2018
Watch the video too-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gGfpsXoImY

Plantain and egg frittata is what I came up with this morning, this is one of the most delicious breakfast ideas. If you don’t plan on preparing something very complicated in the morning, plantain and egg frittata is the beast idea for you. This is what we call Nigerian pizza because it comes out exactly like it. Basically you need ripe plantain, egg and sausage or meat. Just in less than one hour you are done with this meal.

Ingredients for plantain and egg frittata

• 2 large sized ripe plantain
• 4 small sized sausages
• 5 eggs
• 3 medium tomatoes
• 2 red bell peppers
• 2 green bell peppers
• 1 medium onion
• 3 cloves of garlic
• 1 stock cube
• ½ teaspoon curry powder
• ½ teaspoon thyme
• A pinch of salt to taste

Steps on How to Prepare Plantain and Egg Frittata

1. Peel and dice plantain into tiny round shapes and sprinkle with salt.
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry the plantain until they are golden or brown; drain from the oil and set aside.
3. Place and empty pan on a stove, add about 2 tablespoons of cooking oil to it, add onions and garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
4. Add sausage and stir fry for few minutes, followed with bell peppers.
5. Season with curry, thyme, dry pepper, 1 stock cube and a pinch of salt to taste. Beat eggs in another bowl, transfer the content in the
frying pan into the egg.
6. Place an empty pan on the stove, spray with cooking spray or melted butter to coat the inside of the pan.

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by vinegurl(f): 8:22am On Oct 18, 2018
8 Pour the egg mixture or the filling into the coated pan and level it. Arrange the fried plantain round the pan until it takes the shape of the
pan.
9 Add few bell pepper strips for a pop of colour, cover the lid and cook on low heat for 20 minutes until it begins to set and cake nicely.
10 Take it off heat once it has set. Your plantain and egg frittata is ready for breakfast.

Re: How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by Nbote(m): 8:24am On Oct 18, 2018
I am definitely going to try dis... It looks quite yummy

Re: How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by vinegurl(f): 8:25am On Oct 18, 2018
Cc. Lalasticlala
Oboinascopy
Mynd44
seunmsg
hungerbad
Ishilove
Jummiefoodie
Cococandy
Jagugu88li
Fynestboi
Dominique
Queenitee all the foodies in the house

Breakfast is set on on the table, lets queue up

Re: How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 18, 2018
Give me small let me taste smiley

Re: How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 8:47am On Oct 18, 2018
Vinegurl!!!, while am yet to try the carro jellof rice dish, u are up with another tempting one Oh my gosh, i need to catch up...

Re: How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by MJBOLT: 8:58am On Oct 18, 2018
kiss vinegurl

Re: How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by vinegurl(f): 9:09am On Oct 18, 2018
pp802:
Give me small let me taste smiley
I wish I can reach you where you are
Re: How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by vinegurl(f): 9:10am On Oct 18, 2018
PhenomenalMorgan:
Vinegurl!!!, while am yet to try the carro jellof rice dish, u are up with another tempting one Oh my gosh, i need to catch up...

Lol! I may just need to slow down grin
Re: How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 18, 2018
vinegurl:

I wish I can reach you where you are

No dey Bobo me jare!

You can reach me if you're in Lagos

Re: How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by dairo123: 9:20am On Oct 18, 2018
Thanks, but you said either sausage or meat. What type of meat, beef or chicken? and the process.

Re: How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 18, 2018

Re: How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by vinegurl(f): 9:40am On Oct 18, 2018
dairo123:
Thanks, but you said either sausage or meat. What type of meat, beef or chicken? and the process.
You can use bacon, chicken, beef or anything you prefer. This recipe goes well with bacon, sausage and cheese
Re: How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by SPDAZZY(f): 1:12pm On Oct 20, 2018
Thanks for this wonderful recipe, tried it today and it's yummy.

Used chicken in place of sausages. Tasted like chicken pizza and plantain.

Files are larger than 4mb so I have to screenshot

Re: How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by vinegurl(f): 10:04am On Oct 22, 2018
SPDAZZY:
Thanks for this wonderful recipe, tried it today and it's yummy.

Used chicken in place of sausages. Tasted like chicken pizza and plantain.

Files are larger than 4mb so I have to screenshot

Wow awesome! I'm glad you love it and I like your own version with chicken

Re: How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by SPDAZZY(f): 2:55pm On Oct 22, 2018
vinegurl:

Wow awesome! I'm glad you love it and I like your own version with chicken

Thanks a lot. One of these days, I will try that carrot rice recipe.

Your great culinary works are deeply appreciated.

Re: How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by Ishilove: 9:41pm On Oct 22, 2018
Looks complicated
Re: How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by vinegurl(f): 9:21am On Oct 23, 2018
SPDAZZY:

Thanks a lot. One of these days, I will try that carrot rice recipe.

Your great culinary works are deeply appreciated.
You're always welcome dearie

Re: How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by deborsky(m): 12:38pm On Oct 23, 2018
wow

Re: How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by HungerBAD: 4:02am On Oct 26, 2018
vinegurl:
Cc. Lalasticlala
Oboinascopy
Mynd44
seunmsg
hungerbad
Ishilove
Jummiefoodie
Cococandy
Jagugu88li
Fynestboi
Dominique
Queenitee all the foodies in the house

Breakfast is set on on the table, lets queue up

Looks good.

Thanks Vinegurl.

Re: How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by vinegurl(f): 11:13pm On Oct 28, 2018
HungerBAD:

Looks good.

Thanks Vinegurl.
Thanks too
Re: How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by IamPlato(m): 8:56pm On Nov 13, 2018

God Why?

Now Wey I No See Anything Chop, look At What Is Poppin up

Re: How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by munalight(f): 11:17pm On Dec 25, 2018
@vinegurl, can I use sticky pan for this?

Re: How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by aydelicious: 3:17pm On Dec 27, 2018
lovely...

Re: How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by stalwart123(m): 7:31pm On Jan 06, 2019
Dodo oniyeri
Re: How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by SilasIBB: 12:13pm On Dec 20, 2021
Booked
Re: How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by LogicBomb8: 12:04am On Jun 15, 2022
Enjoyment
Re: How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea by ama19: 11:46am On Jun 15, 2022
vinegurl:
Watch the video too-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gGfpsXoImY

Plantain and egg frittata is what I came up with this morning, this is one of the most delicious breakfast ideas. If you don’t plan on preparing something very complicated in the morning, plantain and egg frittata is the beast idea for you. This is what we call Nigerian pizza because it comes out exactly like it. Basically you need ripe plantain, egg and sausage or meat. Just in less than one hour you are done with this meal.

Ingredients for plantain and egg frittata

• 2 large sized ripe plantain
• 4 small sized sausages
• 5 eggs
• 3 medium tomatoes
• 2 red bell peppers
• 2 green bell peppers
• 1 medium onion
• 3 cloves of garlic
• 1 stock cube
• ½ teaspoon curry powder
• ½ teaspoon thyme
• A pinch of salt to taste

Steps on How to Prepare Plantain and Egg Frittata

1. Peel and dice plantain into tiny round shapes and sprinkle with salt.
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry the plantain until they are golden or brown; drain from the oil and set aside.
3. Place and empty pan on a stove, add about 2 tablespoons of cooking oil to it, add onions and garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
4. Add sausage and stir fry for few minutes, followed with bell peppers.
5. Season with curry, thyme, dry pepper, 1 stock cube and a pinch of salt to taste. Beat eggs in another bowl, transfer the content in the
frying pan into the egg.
6. Place an empty pan on the stove, spray with cooking spray or melted butter to coat the inside of the pan.

Wow. This looks very yummy. Good job smiley

Bag Of Semo N13,200 From N6,000, 12kg Cooking Gas N15,000: Market Survey. / Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% / Where to buy Pap mixed with ginger In Lagos Nigeria: 08092903328