Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,764 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

187 Million Naira Bullet Proof Vest Contract Scam - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 187 Million Naira Bullet Proof Vest Contract Scam (3291 Views)

Simon Ekpa Wore Bullet Proof Vest To Biafra Referendum Convention.. / Mega Contract Scam: Why We Can’t Probe Senators Indicted By NDDC — Panel / Kayode Fayemi Wears Bullet Proof Vest Under His Buba For Campaign. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 187 Million Naira Bullet Proof Vest Contract Scam by rozayx5(m): 6:59pm On Oct 18, 2018
Obaiyski:
How I wish you will take this to US embassy Nigeria Facebook page for them to take note. They think they know Nigeria well

Ok
Re: 187 Million Naira Bullet Proof Vest Contract Scam by Raddie(m): 7:45pm On Oct 18, 2018
Earthbound:
Good job brother.

This is not an APC thing. We've been padding contracts since 1914. The people we refer to as old money, are beneficiaries of padded contracts to the tune of millions when the value of the Naira was (almost) on par with the US Dollar

Reminds me of the forgetful nature of Nigerians!
Re: 187 Million Naira Bullet Proof Vest Contract Scam by Raddie(m): 7:50pm On Oct 18, 2018
Didn't see this, thanks! Your write-up sounds baised to me anyway.
We all should start looking at issues critically. .
Re: 187 Million Naira Bullet Proof Vest Contract Scam by Raddie(m): 8:02pm On Oct 18, 2018
I think it's high time every political savy Nigerian start looking at the civil service .... The pressure needs to start
Re: 187 Million Naira Bullet Proof Vest Contract Scam by Iriruaga100(m): 8:57pm On Oct 18, 2018
Kickback is embedded in every sector of our economy.
Re: 187 Million Naira Bullet Proof Vest Contract Scam by rozayx5(m): 9:03am On Oct 19, 2018
Iriruaga100:
Kickback is embedded in every sector of our economy.

Gadujerised economy
Re: 187 Million Naira Bullet Proof Vest Contract Scam by Ugosample(m): 9:13am On Oct 19, 2018
Interesting

APC govt is full of scammers
Re: 187 Million Naira Bullet Proof Vest Contract Scam by rozayx5(m): 11:41am On Oct 19, 2018
Ugosample:
Interesting

APC govt is full of scammers
Re: 187 Million Naira Bullet Proof Vest Contract Scam by rozayx5(m): 11:52am On Oct 20, 2018
Raddie:

Reminds me of the forgetful nature of Nigerians!

Same way mods forgot this thread

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: 187 Million Naira Bullet Proof Vest Contract Scam by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:05pm On Oct 20, 2018
We re fighting corruption indeed.
Re: 187 Million Naira Bullet Proof Vest Contract Scam by amah4game: 7:24pm On Oct 25, 2018
greatcrown:
I'm sure you will not rely on China Bulletproof vest for your safety.

I'm just wondering why you will use China standard as a reference.

I think you will do well to find average between highest cost and lowest cost and factor in a reasonable profit margin for the contractor.

You may check this site out and compare price of bulletproof relative to China spec product you posted.

http://www.bulletblocker.com/bullet-proof-vests-and-body-armor.html
Surely na door you use take enter school... !
Ur mind d Dia.

Re: 187 Million Naira Bullet Proof Vest Contract Scam by IamAtikulate: 8:32pm On Oct 25, 2018
Enemy of progress, the ones Mr Integrity are ordering were made in Heaven.
Re: 187 Million Naira Bullet Proof Vest Contract Scam by rozayx5(m): 2:06pm On Dec 04, 2018
IamAtikulate:
Enemy of progress, the ones Mr Integrity are ordering were made in Heaven.

Lol

This thread never made FP I'm the end
Re: 187 Million Naira Bullet Proof Vest Contract Scam by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 04, 2018
The ministry of finance has a website wen u can ask or demand for explanation of the whole tin.
Re: 187 Million Naira Bullet Proof Vest Contract Scam by rozayx5(m): 2:40pm On Dec 05, 2018
Ray97:
The ministry of finance has a website wen u can ask or demand for explanation of the whole tin.

Lol
Re: 187 Million Naira Bullet Proof Vest Contract Scam by Nobody: 2:45am On Dec 07, 2018
rozayx5:
so i was reading a thread on the Paris refund delay, then at the end of the news i saw something that grabbed my attention

600 Bullet proof vests for 187M naira, out of curiosity i decided to do a little research into why the value was so large for a small number of vests

from what i found one Bullet proof vest cost 120$ and with Shipping maximum of 30$ each thereby pegging the value of each vest at 150$ Max

600 vests would cost 90k USD at 150usd each

90KUSD = 32.4M naira

the Total sum for the contract when converted to Dollars is 519,000 USD

it would cost at 865$ per vest to arrive at this figure
Was a contract of 33 to 35M naira inflated to 187M naira before our very eyes
that is left for you to find out

this is just a tip of the ice berg of the ongoing looting under this current admin

cc

lalasticlala

Your 90k estimate does not include other charges e.g. custom duties, also quality of vest matters

Unless you're into the business you cannot accurately quote the price.

I'm trying to say 90k is not enough, however 519k is outrageous.
Re: 187 Million Naira Bullet Proof Vest Contract Scam by KanwuliaExtra: 2:52am On Dec 07, 2018
Wey DUMMYleo and BUTTERleo dem? cheesy

Socco
Locco
Nocco!
Re: 187 Million Naira Bullet Proof Vest Contract Scam by deomelllo: 3:15am On Dec 07, 2018
Typical NL illogical assertions.

Sure, maybe this is a shady contract, but it's really silly to sit here and add numbers together just to suit whatever narrative you desire whithout showING us the actual contract document stating what was ordered, for how much per vest and if or not other contigencies are included.

Gte the original contract document before posting den say den say just to pat yourself on the back
Re: 187 Million Naira Bullet Proof Vest Contract Scam by tit(f): 4:05am On Dec 07, 2018
deomelllo:
Typical NL illogical assertions.

Sure, maybe this is a shady contract, but it's really silly to sit here and add numbers together just to suit whatever narrative you desire whithout showING us the actual contract document stating what was ordered, for how much per vest and if or not other contigencies are included.

Gte the original contract document before posting den say den say just to pat yourself on the back

Buhari is a big thief
who never tire for am?
Re: 187 Million Naira Bullet Proof Vest Contract Scam by CityNGR: 5:29am On Dec 07, 2018
Interesting

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING; Cambridge Speaks On Buhari's WAEC Certificate Saga / This Online Business Will Make You 5000naira Daily / Buhari Is Pushing This Country To A Very Bloody War. Read His Plans.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.