Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary (53334 Views)

How Balafamo Bought The Itel S18 & Won 2 Million Naira In Itel Black Friday / Nigerian Lady Shares Photos From Her Simple Wedding Ceremony / Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by AntiWailer: 5:32pm On Oct 18, 2018
grin
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by Yinxies(f): 5:32pm On Oct 18, 2018
Its your wedding. Do it according to your pockets
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by PHIPEX(m): 5:33pm On Oct 18, 2018
famousbowale:
Hello guyz, sorry for been the first to comment on my own post.

I'm currently planning for my wedding towards March next year. My self and my wife to be are trying to keep it as simple as possible, if possible just for family members and friends of about 250.
Believe it before I could say jack our budget is already hitting #3.2 million.

The post above was share by a Nigerian base abroad, this made me begin to wonder if it is necessary to even wed at all?
Why spend our hard earned money on wedding of a day?
That money can get us a land or start a little business.
Just thinking lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed

I did a good traditional wedding and invited my pastor to witness and pray for us, afterwards I headed to the court.

Why spend a fortune to impress people who don't care about you. No matter how much you spent, your wedding will be forgotten in less than a month, be wise.

6 Likes

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by Koolking(m): 5:34pm On Oct 18, 2018
Simple but classy. My perfect idea of marriage events
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by akaahs(m): 5:35pm On Oct 18, 2018
The ops 3.2m budget dey give me nightmare. My budget is between. .5-.8m
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by Icon79(m): 5:36pm On Oct 18, 2018
Mek I hear word, jor! For a woman, your wedding day is the happiest day of your life so go for it if you can afford it!

O pari

chiommy123:
I don't think any sensible person that's still struggling should kill him/ her self cos of wedding. there's no guarantee you'll get back your money as gift or other things so better advice yourselves
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 18, 2018
If me my spouse have 3.2million naira budgeted to feed some people that didn't ask to be fed, asswearugod we're investing 3million to our GROWTH, let the 200k cater to whatever it can.

With Both families (highly important ones) in attendance, the rest people can watch from my whatsapp and IG story.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by Constantiney: 5:39pm On Oct 18, 2018
flyca:
OP, we are Russians (or any other) are different cultures, different ideologies, different religious principles. We have our own way of doing stuff.

We Africans have our heritage and we must be proud if it! We are tied into closely knitted family units. We love to celebrate together as communities. We also mourn together. Economic factors should not be the reason why we would not do what we are supposed to do, especially when we can.

My point is: We must not copy everything we see. We must not be like them!
I don't even know how to reply such a senseless post like this.
They brought education, you people copied it.
They brought religion and democracy, you people copied it.
But when it comes to weddings, "we" should not be like them? SMH.
What the **** is my business, blow money like a drug dealer on your wedding, it's your life.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:41pm On Oct 18, 2018
[s]
flyca:
OP, we are Russians (or any other) are different cultures, different ideologies, different religious principles. We have our own way of doing stuff.

We Africans have our heritage and we must be proud if it! We are tied into closely knitted family units. We love to celebrate together as communities. We also mourn together. Economic factors should not be the reason why we would not do what we are supposed to do, especially when we can.

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by Chukazu: 5:43pm On Oct 18, 2018
Ask your village people
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by ogbong: 5:44pm On Oct 18, 2018
It's a question of personal choice. One can decide to stand out. Wedding is even easier compared to burial expenses that are mandatory as required by certain traditions. I think it is high time these unnecessary practices are reviewed
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by Ray1251(m): 5:45pm On Oct 18, 2018
highchief1:
u Dey crase I spent over 12m on my wedding if u love your wife you will spend on ur wedding.my intro alone was over 1.5m
who love help Abeg forget that thing

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:45pm On Oct 18, 2018
haconjy:
Have started crying when my wife to be spend all the money I gave her to buy her bags and shoes at cost of 90k I bust into cry as a teacher, how will I get that amount again before DEC 8... Next time no wedding on my agenda o
You mean you, a teacher, gave your fiancée a whopping 90k to buy shoe and bags?

1 Like

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by sacajawea: 5:50pm On Oct 18, 2018
princfred:
All those local feminists no go see this one to emulate. Na after Nigerian men spend heavily to buy ...ehmm ...marry them finish then they will suddenly forget who should be primarily responsible for cooking.
Compare Humans with Humans.
Not with Rabid Dogs!
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by chikk(f): 5:50pm On Oct 18, 2018
The moment you start living your life to please people, you start planning your downfall. If it had been you alone who wanted a simple wedding and your wife wishes otherwise, then that'd be a different issue. But since you and your wife are of similar opinion, screw everyone else.

But wait, 250 people you say? They say 3 is a crowd, that should make 250 a congregation. Uncle, if you had 250 in mind, then you weren't planning small at all. Try 50 for a 'small' figure. 100 max

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by sacajawea: 5:52pm On Oct 18, 2018
flyca:

Really?
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by twosquare(m): 5:55pm On Oct 18, 2018
It simply shows that you have not really cut down the expenses and excesses. When you get really serious, you will cut it down to 500k-1m. We have lesser wedding expenses.
famousbowale:
Hello guyz, sorry for been the first to comment on my own post.

I'm currently planning for my wedding towards March next year. My self and my wife to be are trying to keep it as simple as possible, if possible just for family members and friends of about 250.
Believe it before I could say jack our budget is already hitting #3.2 million.

The post above was share by a Nigerian base abroad, this made me begin to wonder if it is necessary to even wed at all?
Why spend our hard earned money on wedding of a day?
That money can get us a land or start a little business.
Just thinking lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by Rstc: 5:55pm On Oct 18, 2018
Most ladies in Nigeria already started dreaming of their wedding day right from the womb.

Any thing less than superflousity, and they will not forgive you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by Business123: 5:56pm On Oct 18, 2018
Pls check my profile for portable bluetooth speaker that lasts 15hours with water proof technology, free delivery within Lagos, Ikeja, Ogba Axis
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by twosquare(m): 5:57pm On Oct 18, 2018
akaahs:
The ops 3.2m budget dey give me nightmare. My budget is between. .5-.8m
For what? What you should use to balance your new family and the new child... Stop impressing people who don't give a damn. They will still laugh at you if things get awry or you can't pay bills or rent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 18, 2018
You never start to dey watch Nigerian wedding on fox life? Na wetin dem know us for now

1 Like

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 18, 2018
ImaIma1:
Most times it is family members...especially parents that make things difficult in planning a wedding. It is supposed to be the couple's wedding.

But then, as you are planning for 150 guests, your mum or MIL has her extra 100 guests. It can be really frustrating having issues over "show-off" motivated decisions.
The blame should be on the couple not in-laws. If couple can stand their ground on having small wedding, the families of the bride or groom will obliged. But when they are swayed by what their parents feel or need it becomes a problem. I blame ladies most times for putting men in stress to get married. They make men to perform two weddings whereas in developed countries it is just one.They are good at copying the whites but they wouldn't copy well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by safarigirl(f): 6:00pm On Oct 18, 2018
Just do your traditional wedding and go and rest

It is church wedding that eats up the bulk of people's funds, not the traditional wedding. It is you people that insisted that you must honour the white man's tradition and wed in his ways, so, increase your budget to appeal to the ways of foreigners or maintain your low budget and marry on the ways your ancestors did.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by myettiallah: 6:00pm On Oct 18, 2018
flyca:

That is why u are single..
Evening newspaper

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by safarigirl(f): 6:02pm On Oct 18, 2018
yettymuse:
If me my spouse have 3.2million naira budgeted to feed some people that didn't ask to be fed, asswearugod we're investing 3million to our GROWTH, let the 200k cater to whatever it can.

With Both families (highly important ones) in attendance, the rest people can watch from my whatsapp and IG story.

na so everybody day talk until their mama or MIL hijack the wedding

E sweet to talk sha grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 18, 2018
twosquare:
For what? What you should use to balance your new family and the new child... Stop impressing people who don't give a damn. They will still laugh at you if things get awry or you can't pay bills or rent.
Many Nigerians never wake to reality. Partners and couple that realize OYO is their case are living happier

1 Like

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 18, 2018
safarigirl:
Just do your traditional wedding and go and rest

It is church wedding that eats up the bulk of people's funds, nor the traditional wedding. It is you people that insisted ghat how must honour the white man's tradition and we'd in his ways, so, increase your budget to appeal to the ways of foreigners or maintain your low budget and marry on the ways your ancestors did.
It is easy said than done. Would you accept just traditional wedding? If yes would you do low key traditional wedding? If yes would you allow persuade your family to reduce bride price because your are not a commodity? If yes would you love your husband for who he is even if he is poor?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 18, 2018
myettiallah:

That is why u are single..
Evening newspaper
You kind of mean smiley
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by twosquare(m): 6:06pm On Oct 18, 2018
safarigirl:
na so everybody day talk until their mama or MIL hijack the wedding

E sweet to talk sha grin
MIL is free to do whatever she so desires as long as the funding is coming from her or her husband....
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by chikk(f): 6:06pm On Oct 18, 2018
highchief1:
u Dey crase I spent over 12m on my wedding if u love your wife you will spend on ur wedding.my intro alone was over 1.5m

Heigod!... I dont even understand why this man is lying like this. Even if he's not, Uncle its your money, your wedding, your expenses, enjoy it all, but please allow other people express themselves jor. The man has a valid point abeg. All fingers are not equal. Stop showing off.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by safarigirl(f): 6:09pm On Oct 18, 2018
asuustrike1:

It is easy said than done. Would you accept just traditional wedding? If yes would you do low key traditional wedding? If yes would you allow persuade your family to reduce bride price because your are not a commodity? If yes would you love your husband for who he is even if he is poor?
i am not poor, so, why will I accept a poor man? I am not rich, so, what am I doing with a rich man or a fancy wedding? If trad is all we can afford, fine. I don't even like seeing people, so, the fewer people I have to see on my wedding day, the better for me

The bride price in my village is #5, surely anybody I am marrying ought to have #5.....i don't come from a big family, I barely even know members of my extended family, so, who is my husband paying to? People that are not in Nigeria?

I have no business with a poor man, especially one who is not only financially poor, but also mentally poor. I cannot be with anyone who has no ambition, no plans to better himself and no gifts whatsoever with which he can better himself. So, what do you mean "if he is poor"? Because even my father would not collect bride price from any man who has no promise

5 Likes

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by safarigirl(f): 6:12pm On Oct 18, 2018
twosquare:
MIL is free to do whatever she so desires as long as the funding is coming from her or her husband....
of course

That is what most Nigerians don't put into consideration. Truth is, nobody really cares what the couple wants when it comes down to it. It's your marriage, but the families' wedding

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Prostitutes Twerk At Funeral Service Of Their Colleague (Pics, Video) / "Are You Sure You Are 24 Or 42?" - Lady Who Celebrated Her 24th Birthday Asked / Can You Do This On Your Wedding Day? (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.