Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Motivational Thursday: Be Humble - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Motivational Thursday: Be Humble (1036 Views)

How Many Of You Washed This? - Throwback Thursday / This Just Topped My Christmas Experience; Lagos Agberos Will Humble You. / The Most Humble King: His Royal Majesty Eze G.N. Ineke, The Echemugo 1 Of Abba-o (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Motivational Thursday: Be Humble by dosht(f): 10:54am On Oct 18, 2018
Oba Adeniran Adeyemi II , was Alaafin of Oyo , between 1945 and 1954, until he was forced into exile by the Action Group led government of the Western region, as a result of the death of the Deputy leader of the Action Group , Chief Bode Thomas and also for having sympathy, for the rival NCNC of Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe.
Chief Bode Thomas ( 1918- 1953 ) became the deputy leader of the Action Group , he later formed Nigeria ’ s first indigenous law firm called- Thomas, Willams , Kayode and co . i. e. the trio of Bode Thomas, Chief Rotimi Williams and Chief Remilekun Fani Kayode.
Bode was a brilliant lawyer, but also very haughty and arrogant . He was made the Divisional Council Chairman in 1953 , while the Alaafin of Oyo was a mere member . On his first appearance in council , after being appointed chairman , all the council members stood up for him in deference, to welcome him except Oba Adeyemi II , who for cultural reasons, could not show deference to anyone in public.
Bode Thomas rudely shouted at the king, for having the temerity and audacity to disrespect him. “Why are you sitting when I walked in, you don’ t know how to show respect?”At that time , Bode Thomas was 35 years old and Oba Adeniran was in his 60’ s.
The Alaafin felt very insulted and nonplussed; he said “se emi lon gbomo baun ?” ( Is it me you are barking at like that?) . Oba Adeniran just told him “Ma gbo lo baun ” ( continue barking ).
Oba Adeniran Adeyemi II , was father of the incumbent Alaafin , Oba Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi III. The confrontation happened on November 22nd 1953 . Bode Thomas got home and started barking ! He barked and barked like a dog all night until he died in the early morning of November 23rd 1953 . He cut short his promising career. He died without fulfilling his potentials .
Have a historical week ahead . # History

Re: Motivational Thursday: Be Humble by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 26, 2019
Wow. This is quite an interesting piece of historical knowledge. I think this deserves to be put on homepage.

The young ones who litter here and throw insults around whenever the picture of Alaafin or Ooni is shown ought to learn from history. Humility and respect for elders and other people's tradition is key.

Lalasticlala, please for the love of snake, can we move this home. Thank you. smiley
Re: Motivational Thursday: Be Humble by carbonado(m): 2:05pm On Jan 26, 2020
Happy birthday Twoclans, wish you many more of this in good health, peace of mind and plenty of money, we r January born.. cool cool

1 Like

Re: Motivational Thursday: Be Humble by Twoclans(f): 2:16pm On Jan 26, 2020
carbonado:
Happy birthday Twoclans, wish you many more of this in good health, peace of mind and plenty of money, we r January born.. cool cool

Thanks my darlyn kiss kiss ,I appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: Motivational Thursday: Be Humble by carbonado(m): 2:33pm On Jan 26, 2020
Twoclans:

you welcome, so where the party at.. cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Motivational Thursday: Be Humble by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 3:45pm On Jan 26, 2020
Twoclans:

Happy birthday dear cool

Many more years ahead,good health,sound mind and all the good things of life shall locate you.
May God grant you your heart desires.All the best in this new age kiss kiss love you kiss
Re: Motivational Thursday: Be Humble by Twoclans(f): 3:55pm On Jan 26, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:

Happy birthday dear cool

Many more years ahead,good health,sound mind and all the good things of life shall locate you.
May God grant you your heart desires.All the best in this new age kiss kiss love you kiss

Thanks girl kiss

Love you more

2 Likes

Re: Motivational Thursday: Be Humble by castro69(m): 9:56pm On Jan 26, 2020
Happy birthday twoclans....hope I neva too late...

I don enter kd....can I PM u....?

Twoclans:

Thanks girl kiss

Love you more
Re: Motivational Thursday: Be Humble by Twoclans(f): 10:37pm On Jan 26, 2020
castro69:

Wen I enter kd I go hala u make I spoil u small...

Cheers!���

Thanks dearie kiss I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Motivational Thursday: Be Humble by dayleke: 8:40pm On Feb 01, 2020
Twoclans:

Thanks dearie kiss I appreciate.

Hmmmmm
Why una kum dey celebrate ya bafday for one corner fa?

It's never too late sha.....
Happy belated birthday to you beautiful nubian queen (most famous pic of ur dp is a black woman grin)
May you be granted your heart's desire(s).
Wishing you da best now n always.

* d brodas no know this o.

Anyway, I'm a silent observer of this parlor..... tongue
Re: Motivational Thursday: Be Humble by Twoclans(f): 10:15pm On Feb 03, 2020
castro69:

I don enter kd....can I PM u....?

This mention skipped me ,I apologise.

I want to assume you have left KD and you had a nice time at orange .That place is a shadow of itself .Who recommended that place to you .

1 Like

Re: Motivational Thursday: Be Humble by castro69(m): 10:24pm On Feb 03, 2020
Lol....dat escapade was since around November...

Nobody recommended there...we just found ourselves there....lol... grin

Please don't assume...I still de kd...sent u a pm....

Twoclans:

This mention skipped me ,I apologise.

I want to assume you have left KD and you had a nice time at orange .That place is a shadow of itself .Who recommended that place to you .

(1) (Reply)

Pictures I Created Or Edited Myself. Using Basic Tools. I'm No Expert Or Profess / Its For You / Who Are The Gbedegi People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.