Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:21 AM

Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed (11298 Views)

Anambra: 5 Killed As Gunmen, IPOB Clash In Ihiala / IPOB Sit-At-Home: No Movement In Aba, Umuahia, Ebonyi And Onitsha - Photos / Killings In Zamfara More Than The Numbers In Plateau And Benue - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by owoicho13(m): 11:27am On Oct 18, 2018
No fewer than five persons from Ngbo in Ohaukwu local government area of Ebonyi State were on Wednesday allegedly killed by gunmen suspected to be from Agila community of Benue State.

The victims were reportedly killed following the renewed boundary crisis that ensued between the two states, which according to investigation has lasted for over forty years.

It was gathered that some persons in the affected Ngbo community have stated fleeing the area for fear of further attack.

However, the Commissioner of Police, Musa Kimo who visited the scene, said everything had been brought under control.

He called on the people of the area to remain calm and go about their lawful businesses.

Responding, the governor of Ebonyi State Chief David Umahi, who also visited the families of the affected persons at Ekwashi and Ukwagba communities, expressed shock over the killings.

Umahi, represented by the Deputy Governor,, Dr Kelechi Igwe further expressed dismay over what he called flagrant disregard to agreement by the Agila people.

He observed that Ebonyi people had suffered incessant attacks from the Agilla people in the recent times, and called on the federal government to intervene before the people would resort to self defence.

Umahi appealed to the people to remain calm and be law abiding, assuring that government would ensure permanent resolution of the crisis.

Also speaking, the chairman of the affected Ohaukwu Local Government Area, Barr Clement Odaah alleged that Benue people invaded the people of Ngbo despite peace agreement signed with Ado Local Government council few weeks ago.

He lamented that the incessant attacks by Agilla people were getting out of hand, just as he called on the governor of Benue State to call Agila people to order.

source: https://www.benuepress.com/2018/10/5-killed-in-renewed-boundary-dispute-between-ebonyi-benue/

1 Like

Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by owoicho13(m): 11:27am On Oct 18, 2018
Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by slivertongue: 11:36am On Oct 18, 2018
unfortunate annual madness...

6 Likes

Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 18, 2018
So if I'm clear.

Whatever remnants the Fulani's failed to kill, invaded Ebonyi state and killed defenceless farmers.

Ebonyi state should rather, sign a peace treaty with Fulani herdsmen. And donate that land to them.

Well Benue state will understand that move.
Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by Derawiz(m): 11:49am On Oct 18, 2018
See Benue that we're pitying for ?? You have arms but you can not attack the Fulani herdsmen.Nonsense

39 Likes

Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 18, 2018
Derawiz:

See Benue that we're pitying for ?? You have arms but you can not attack the Fulani herdsmen.Nonsense
As in ehn.
So they have hands but they allowed herdsmen to cause mass burials every month in their state.

5 Likes

Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by braveboy64(m): 1:06pm On Oct 18, 2018
they will now be blaming buhari for herdsmen

6 Likes

Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by CyynthiaKiss(f): 1:08pm On Oct 18, 2018
The same Ebonyi people that accommodated them when Fulani herdsmen were unleashing their terror on them.
This is why people are no more helping each other in this world..
Ebonyi youths will be very fooooolish if they don't do the needful now at least to serve as a warning to others.
Enough of all these political correctness and political intervention. Face them eye ball to eyeball
let me see how Benue youths are going to come out of this .When Ebonyi people will start chasing them from the South and Fulani herdsmen will start doing their own from the North, by then they would stand between the devil and the red sea ....

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by rhemmiedream(m): 1:11pm On Oct 18, 2018
Nawa for Benue people oo..
Nah only Osus una fit handle. If nah herdsmen now, nah another story we go dey hear

6 Likes

Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by sCun: 1:38pm On Oct 18, 2018
After people are killed, public officials will come out and say everything has been brought under control, people can go about thier normal businesses.
Human lives don't mean anything in Nigeria.
Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 18, 2018
Ok
Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by elganzar(m): 1:48pm On Oct 18, 2018
Rip
Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:49pm On Oct 18, 2018
The evil ones have resume their works once more.

They will all die painfully
Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by berrystunn(m): 1:49pm On Oct 18, 2018
Huh police report 'everything had been brought under control'

No investigation

FG police under APC government
Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by back2sender: 1:51pm On Oct 18, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
The same Ebonyi people that accommodated them when Fulani herdsmen were unleashing their terror on them.
This is why people are no more helping each other in this world..
Ebonyi youths will be very fooooolish if they don't do the needful now at least to serve as a warning to others.
Enough of all these political correctness and political intervention. Face them eye ball to eyeball
let me see how Benue youths are going to come out of this .When Ebonyi people will start chasing them from the South and Fulani herdsmen will start doing their own from the North, by then they would stand between the devil and the red sea ....

Ingrates!!!

BIAFRANS ARE COWARDS , THEY ONLY KNOW HOW TO SHOUT ATIKULOOT UP AND DOWN.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by back2sender: 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2018
post=72199212:
The evil ones have resume their works once more.

They will all die painfully
Bros , let an investigation be carried out. The Pigs are trouble maker
Have you not seen how they are shouting AtikuLOOT up and down here? How they have been beating thier Chest declaring WAR for ordinanry presidential election taking place next year?
But we are peaceful people and we dey look them like BAT

13 Likes

Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by Lothario(m): 1:55pm On Oct 18, 2018
back2sender:

BIAFRANS ARE COWARDS , THEY ONLY KNOW HOW TO SHOUT ATIKULOOT UP AND DOWN.
Zombies like you are bastards you only how to think with your anus

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by Nolongthing3669: 1:56pm On Oct 18, 2018
Not herdsmen this time.
How did they get arms?
Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:56pm On Oct 18, 2018
back2sender:

Bros , let an investigation be carried out. The Pigs are trouble maker
Have you not seen how they are shouting AtikuLOOT up and down here? How they have been beating thier Chest declaring WAR for ordinanry presidential election taking place next year?
But we are peaceful people and we dey look them like BAT
Naso correct man.
A good Nigeria is all we pray for.
We thank God for reasonable and good people like you on this forum.
Have a blessed day ahead.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by hope4nigeria(m): 1:57pm On Oct 18, 2018
kingkakaone:

As in ehn.
So they have hands but they allowed herdsmen to cause mass burials every month in their state.

Agila people are idoma tribe, Fulani can never come near them, that will be a suicide for buhari and his cohorts, only crycry TIV tribe and agatu that Fulani's can attack

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by Opinionated: 1:58pm On Oct 18, 2018
Ebonyi vs Cross River
Ebonyi vs Benue

Ebonyi people need special protection it seems.

1 Like

Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by Drsheddy(m): 1:58pm On Oct 18, 2018
Dear Lord Jesus,

I know that I am a sinner and need Your forgiveness. I believe that You died on the cross for my sins and rose from the grave to give me life. I know You are the only way to God. So now I want to quit disobeying You and start living for You. Please forgive me, change my life and show me how to know You. In Jesus' name. Amen.

4 Likes

Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by Dearlord(m): 1:58pm On Oct 18, 2018
Interstates does not have to showcase their combat ability over her neighbor state, this issue of boarder encroachment should be left for the state government to resolve.

As for me I will never engage in such act that will profit me nothing.
Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by Splasshhh(f): 1:58pm On Oct 18, 2018
grin
Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by Ciscogod(m): 2:00pm On Oct 18, 2018
slivertongue:
unfortunate annual madness...

Why are Nigerians like this?

Savage
Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by Eberechi24(f): 2:01pm On Oct 18, 2018
Ebonyi state Governor will address this issue. He will be looking for consultation from Atiku.

Ana-achu oke ma ulo n'agba oku.
Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by murphyibiam15(m): 2:02pm On Oct 18, 2018
same Benue Ebonyi people accommodated... nawa oo

why don't they fight Fulanis...they have seen peace loving Ebonyi people..too bad
Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by Naajjii: 2:02pm On Oct 18, 2018
The Same Ebonyi that had boundary fighting with Cross River last month or there about. I think Benue are not the trouble makers.
Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by MyfinanceNG: 2:03pm On Oct 18, 2018
Acquire Common sense advice, financial informations , learn about saving money, discover smart investments and take control of personal finance.

https://myfinance.com.ng
Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by Chukazu: 2:05pm On Oct 18, 2018
Cross River and Benue guys are always on the offensive...it's getting too much from them

Do they think they have got monopoly of violence?

1 Like

Re: Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed by FisifunKododada: 2:06pm On Oct 18, 2018
The sad part is the people who were killed are probably innocent. But truth must be told:

Yeeboos wherever they are ALWAYS causing conflict. The will beat chest, threaten but when they are dealt with they will start crying

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CNG Decries PDP Zoning Chairmanship To North / Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Power Policy To Meet Lagos Electricity Needs / Another Court Restrains Rivers Assembly, Others From Impeaching Fubara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.