Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? (3624 Views)

Don't Buy Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro in 2020 Without Seeing This Review (photos) / Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else / Opera Mini Browser For Ios Gets Complete Makeover Ahead Of Iphone 8 Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? by Premiumwriter: 2:43pm On Oct 18, 2018
I don't know if it's my phone that's having problem. But off late, ads keeps coming up each time I'm browsing with opera mini. Especially after opening the first link after start up.

That's the ad below and then there's another with a woman. Thing is I don't even bet so I'm a little confused here.

3 Likes

Re: Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 18, 2018
bro! no be only you oh..... me too. it keeps popping up the instant I open a page with my opera browser. I have turned on my ads blocker, but it just keeps coming up.... I just left opera mini for uc browser though not as fluid as opera, but I think I'll just stick with uc browser for now...
Re: Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? by yeman1(m): 3:21pm On Oct 18, 2018
BRYAN999:
bro! no be only you oh..... me too. it keeps popping up the instant I open a page with my opera browser. I have turned on my ads blocker, but it just keeps coming up.... I just left opera mini for uc browser though not as fluid as opera, but I think I'll just stick with uc browser for now...
is üç browser not showing ads like opera??
plus I don't think üç browser can minimize data as opera does .
d ads keep coming but I do cancel it .
Re: Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? by Premiumwriter: 3:31pm On Oct 18, 2018
BRYAN999:
I think it's from the company.

Wonder why they will be showing ads and still have ad blocker built in to the browser.

5 Likes

Re: Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? by Ksslib(m): 3:39pm On Oct 18, 2018
Ah.. I thought I was the only one. Was even thinking it was from Nairaland. Very annoying ad.

If not for its battery and data saving prowess, I would have thrashed my opera long ago because of this. I hate intruding ads. Makes my skin itch and burn.
Re: Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? by Darkseid(m): 4:10pm On Oct 18, 2018
Opera mini has almost been useless since it was sold to the Chinese. The ads are from opera itself; isn't it ironic for a browser that claims to block ads from other websites but forces us to view theirs.

7 Likes

Re: Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? by zeanslim(m): 4:10pm On Oct 18, 2018
Opera have started with their annoying ads as usual seems they are going broke.. after sharing cars and mobile phones in shake and win grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 18, 2018
Rocking UC Mini for surfing and other non intensive web operations, keeping Chrome by the side for such activities, and ad blocking in UC is great!

1 Like

Re: Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? by ken6488(m): 6:26pm On Oct 18, 2018
OPERA MINI: FOR INTERNET SURFING CHROME: FOR YOUTUBE AND IMPORTANT STUFF INTERNET EXPLORE: OFFICIAL BROWSER
Re: Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? by aniete: 7:49pm On Oct 18, 2018
Same here. Is there any way of removing or blocking it?.
Re: Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? by Premiumwriter: 8:10pm On Oct 18, 2018
Darkseid:
Opera mini has almost been useless since it was sold to the Chinese. The ads are from opera itself; isn't it ironic for a browser that claims to block ads from other websites but forces us to view theirs.
so they sold the thing to some chinko guys? No wonder.

Just wish I could find a browser that can save pages like opera Mini. That's the only reason why I'm still using it.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? by Darkseid(m): 8:14pm On Oct 18, 2018
Premiumwriter:
so they sold the thing to some chinko guys? No wonder.

Just wish I could find a browser that can save pages like opera Mini. That's the only reason why I'm still using it.
Most browsers do save web pages, you can try 'via browser'. It's very fast and light weight.
Re: Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? by Phayteprecious1(f): 8:25pm On Oct 18, 2018
Premiumwriter:
I don't know if it's my phone that's having problem. But off late, ads keeps coming up each time I'm browsing with opera mini. Especially after opening the first link after start up.

That's the ad below and then there's another with a woman. Thing is I don't even bet so I'm a little confused here.

Wo the thing they always vex me..... the two opera mini wea I get they always show ad whenever I want to browse to the next page
Re: Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? by Hafeexla(m): 8:40pm On Oct 18, 2018
I can't just download opera mini to my smartphone because of the fucking ad and the concept of downloading opera news by itself.
I just stick with chrome for browsing while uc browser is for downloading

2 Likes

Re: Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? by Jacktheripper: 8:48pm On Oct 18, 2018
Premiumwriter:

Re: Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? by Goldeno(m): 9:09pm On Oct 18, 2018
It's really annoying sad angry sad
Re: Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? by tgmservice: 9:12pm On Oct 18, 2018
I stopped using that useless ap long time ago
It infected my phone with all sort of malware

Worst it started installing other useless aps on my phone on its own.
When i bought a new phone i neve thought of installing it.

1 Like

Re: Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? by hardeycute(m): 9:20pm On Oct 18, 2018
You just have to press the back button and click again.

Opera mini at least do not have incessant pop up ads like Chrome and UC browser
Re: Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? by onhax: 9:45pm On Oct 18, 2018
i was seeing ads but after using psiphon3 No ads appears
Re: Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? by DaFlash: 9:55pm On Oct 18, 2018
Use better browser ona no go gree

Now see ya self crying grin grin grin

Re: Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? by MayorSampson(m): 10:12pm On Oct 18, 2018
The thing dey vex me gan
Re: Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? by Dukewebs(m): 10:21pm On Oct 18, 2018
nna the thing dey vex me too ooo.. i think say na only me dey see am grin
Re: Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? by pinkyruledworld(m): 11:13pm On Oct 18, 2018
it only happens on naira land
Re: Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? by RomanReigns: 11:55pm On Oct 18, 2018
One thing that gets me angry with this particular advert is that it causes "Loss of data".

Take for instance after typing a comment or opening a new thread and you are about to post it, this particular supabet rubbish ad will pop up! There goes your data or everything you suffered to type! Because once you press back to see if its still there, it will take you back to Nairaland home page!

Tufia to these Chinese guys that damaged this once very useful, data savings browser. I remember one time this year or last year when a thread was on front page about there too much video adverts and google ads, they listened and toned down on the ads... I guess they have reverted back to that rubbish of forced ads again!

1 Like

Re: Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? by ruggedtimi(m): 12:09am On Oct 19, 2018
supabet dey ghana not nigeria
Re: Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? by femi4: 5:53am On Oct 19, 2018
DaFlash:
Use better browser ona no go gree

Now see ya self crying grin grin grin
Seconded. People still dey use operamini
Re: Are You Seeing This Ad On Opera Mini Too? by jotupit: 8:07am On Oct 19, 2018
hmmm hmmm

FULL-STACK JAVASCRIPT WEB APP TRAINING

JavaScript Development Suite is a comprehensive training program that equips candidates with an exhaustive grounding of Ajax development fundamentals, JavaScript fundamentals, advanced JavaScript and fundamentals of jQuery. IT organizations across the globe seek competent professionals who are trained in JavaScript.

JavaScript is dynamic programming language, which is multi-paradigm and supports object-oriented, functional and imperative programming styles. It is basically a client-side scripting language that is used in creating interactive effects among the web browsers.

JavaScript Development Suite is comprehensive and can be taken up by both beginners as well as advanced learners. JavaScript Development Suite is best suited for web developers, software engineers, system engineers, mobile app developers, freelancers and anyone looking build dynamic websites with Javascript.

DURATION: 8 – 10 WEEKS. FEES: N69,999 (SHOPRITE Price!)

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Best Data Plan For Downloading / Cheapest Android Phones With Fingerprint Sensor In Nigeria / Samsung Note 9 Or Redmi Note 9 Pro Max

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.