Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee (35736 Views)

Crowd Besiege Makurdi Stadium For Ponzi Scheme Reward, Left Disappointed / MenzGold: 15 Persons Die As Ponzi Scheme Crashes In Ghana / Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme: Nigerian Sues EFCC, Others For Defamation, Harassment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by Magichand: 4:42pm On Oct 18, 2018
Police Headquarters in Calabar was turned into a mini-carnival yesterday as investors of a Ponzi scheme turned out to get a glimpse of the scheme operator arrested after raking a billion naira.

Mrs. Lizzy Efa, an operator of Swiss Gold Ponzi scheme, has been arrested by the Nigerian Police at the border between Nigeria and Cameroon in Bakassi, while trying to flee from the country, after raking in about a billion naira.
According to Vanguard, Mrs. Efa was taken to Calabar, the Cross River State capital, as investors are demanding that the matter be transferred to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), to avoid bias, because they believe that she has been arrested before and nothing was done.

While speaking to correspondents, one of the investors, a petroleum dealer identified as Justus Austin, disclosed that he has lost N11.6m to the scheme, and called on EFCC to take over the matter from the police, adding that the lady was set free by the police after she was first arrested two months ago.
He said;

“People have invested so much money in the name of Swiss Gold; she is a breakaway from another group. She was initially arrested but the police released her with a promise that she was going to pay after three months.
“They tracked one of the major investors to the Government House on Tuesday with huge funds. She was of one those acting as intermediary to collect money from investors and it was through her that Efa was tracked.

“Meanwhile, we had lodged our petition with the EFCC, over the huge funds we paid into the scheme. My wife and I, for instance mopped about N11.5m from our small businesses and lumped into the scheme.
“The whole of Zone Six Police Command was crowded when they arrested her. The police should hand over the matter to EFCC; otherwise the matter will be spoilt. She raked in over N1bn within three months,”
he said.

Another investor, Clement Icha, said they were tired of the way the matter was earlier handled by the police and would want the EFCC to handle the matter this time for speedy recovery of their capital, which many of them sold the property to raise.

“Many of us borrowed to invest while some sold their property to put in money in scheme; we are not even asking for the profit anymore, she should just return the capital. I am paying the bank N2 million every month to service the loan I got to invest in the scheme,“ he lamented.
When contacted, Zonal Police Public Relations Officer, Nelson Ukpabi, confirmed the incident, adding that Mrs. Efa was in their custody and investigation was on going. His words:

”I saw a mammoth crowd yesterday evening and I inquired what was going on. I was told a lady involved in Swiss Gold Ponzi scheme was just arrested and the people, who she did business with were trying to see her. “She will be charged to court as soon as possible, but investigations are ongoing.”

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/operator-of-swiss-golden-ponzi-scheme-efa-arrested-while-trying-to-flee-over-n1bn-fraud/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by SingleWahala(f): 4:45pm On Oct 18, 2018
grin..... MMM.... Nigerians no dey tire to dey throway money anyhow angry angry angry

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by daddytime(m): 4:55pm On Oct 18, 2018
Kai my wife, her sister and my mother in-law must hear this.

Even though say dem no dey hear word I must let dem know. Dem go chop this woman raw

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by AngelicBeing: 5:20pm On Oct 18, 2018
She should be flogged 1billion lashes of koboko laden with chilly pepper on her butt and sentenced to 25years in prison with hard labor tongue

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by 1Sharon(f): 5:21pm On Oct 18, 2018
undecided
Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by Richdad50(m): 5:21pm On Oct 18, 2018
The rise of Buhari to Power caused an exponential rise in Ponzi Schemes. If only buhari had been left alone in Daura and not brought in to change the rate at which the economy was growing.
Anyway, Atiku will fix it. He's got to clean this mess.
#Never too late
#Richdadnuggets

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by millionboi2: 5:21pm On Oct 18, 2018
The wicked will neva go unpunished.

Everyday4d thief, just one day for d owner.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by Mopolchi: 5:21pm On Oct 18, 2018
angry angry angryMake dem lock am up for dia con throway key. angry angry angry
Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by cbngov01(m): 5:21pm On Oct 18, 2018
angry

After MMM made me nude, someone was convincing to do this. Once beaten twice shy, i blatantly refused.

Both my friend and his colleague investment 1m jointly. All gone in the drain...

Say no to ponzi schemes and quick money businesses...

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by Chivasex: 5:21pm On Oct 18, 2018
I don tire for Nigerian and Ponzi

22 Likes

Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by tayour917i(m): 5:21pm On Oct 18, 2018
chai... owo wogbo ooo

1 Like

Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by Sunofgod(m): 5:22pm On Oct 18, 2018
Once he pays the bribe he will be released....

1 Like

Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by jeeqaa7(m): 5:22pm On Oct 18, 2018
Gullibility is our albatross..
Even after MMM

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by ifyalways(f): 5:23pm On Oct 18, 2018
Nigerians sha,even after MMM ?

We all want to get rich over night. Something is fundamentally wrong with our mindset; from the family, religious organizations to the society at large is dysfunctional. No questions asked so long as money is made. Ask and risk being called a hater.

MMM went to Ghana and died within 3 months.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by mctfopt: 5:23pm On Oct 18, 2018
While we are here, others are still scheming on how to scam through their dubious get rich quick programmes disguised as self-help, MLM, etc.
Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by gurunlocker: 5:23pm On Oct 18, 2018
Nigerians and get rich quick mentality.

If another scheme open tonight, many fools and gullible will still sign up.
Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by Reference(m): 5:24pm On Oct 18, 2018
daddytime:
Kai my wife, her sister and my mother in-law must hear this.

Even though say dem no dey hear word I must let dem know. Dem go chop this woman raw

It appears you make poor choices in your relationships. Be very afraid going forward. Make sure your finances are heavily insulated and tenaciously guarded.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by Odobaone: 5:24pm On Oct 18, 2018
G
Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by id4sho(m): 5:24pm On Oct 18, 2018
undecided

Anything aside legit hustle, am not interested.
After losing almost 200k in ponzi and BTC as a Corper in 2016/2017. I receive devine sense, they no dey tell person. Till your hands get burnt.
my 2cents.

MODs must ban PMB

#BACKTODAURA

5 Likes

Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by 1stola: 5:24pm On Oct 18, 2018
jail the bastard

Chudi of mmm should be declare wanted too

Osu bastard angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by Kirchhoff01(m): 5:24pm On Oct 18, 2018
Fixed deposits and Treasury bills are not enough for you guys Nigerians will never learn a lesson
Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by dopemama(f): 5:24pm On Oct 18, 2018
Chai! If not for the intervention of my brother in law, the woman own for finish ! It happened on Tuesday! He told us when he got home that Tuesday

2 Likes

Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by eluquenson(m): 5:24pm On Oct 18, 2018
What a pity
Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by Yinxies(f): 5:24pm On Oct 18, 2018
After all we lost to MMM. Some ppl still get mind to throw away money.

NEVER AGAIN

3 Likes

Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by Kirchhoff01(m): 5:24pm On Oct 18, 2018
Fixed deposits and Treasury bills are not enough for you guys Nigerians will never learn a lesson

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by NoBetterNigeria: 5:25pm On Oct 18, 2018
Naija and free money reason why politicians keep pressing our mumu button.

1 Like

Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by DeRay98(m): 5:26pm On Oct 18, 2018
As long as Nigerians are fond of looking for unrealistic ways to make money, there will always be exploiters to take advantage of their stupidity.
Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:26pm On Oct 18, 2018
NIGERIANS can never learn....

See ya Nairaland cheesy
Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by daddytime(m): 5:26pm On Oct 18, 2018
Reference:

It appears you make poor choices in your relationships. Be very afraid going forward. Make sure your finances are heavily insulated and tenaciously guarded.

Na nyansh be my bank.
Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by newoffer: 5:27pm On Oct 18, 2018
Chivasex:
I don tire for Nigerian and Ponzi
. Nigeria iz a land of ponzi
Re: Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee by beatmonster(m): 5:27pm On Oct 18, 2018
“Many of us borrowed to invest while some sold their property to put in money in scheme; we are not even asking for the profit anymore, she should just return the capital. I am paying the bank N2 million every month to service the loan I got to invest in the scheme,“

Buhari increase our debt profile by 100% under 3 year without pinpointing what he used the money to do. Nigeria will keep on servicing compounding debt until its economic collapses if we don't vote out this disaster called apc

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Only Way Out For MMM Nigeria / MMM Guiders Donate Hundreds Of Naira In Provisions To Delta Orphans / How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.