Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,244 members, 7,807,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

The Type Of Wife I Want VS The Type Of Daughter In Law Mum Wants - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Type Of Wife I Want VS The Type Of Daughter In Law Mum Wants (2240 Views)

My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp / Heartwarming Video Of Daughter And Father Dancing At Her Wedding / Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Type Of Wife I Want VS The Type Of Daughter In Law Mum Wants by Or11: 10:06am On Oct 19, 2018
Ok I have been married for a couple of years and blessed with a wonderful kid. My marriage I would say is 99% happy, the 1% is for the few times we had minor arguments and before it escalates, the one at fault gives in and apologizes, after which we discuss what went wrong and find ways to avoid future occurrences.

Anyway my wife is the quiet kinda girl, very few friends, doesn’t like make up, she has never smoked and doesn’t like alcohol but would have few sips of champagne or white wine. She reads a lot and that makes her spend lots of time alone. I love that and that’s why I married her.

On the other hand, my mum wants her to open up, socialize with people and gist, mix and talk. I think she wants a gossip partner lol. When visiting with other visitors she wants her to talk and show herself off. My wife is mixed race, half Hispanic and half Nigerian. She has a mix of American and Nigerian accent. So my mums wants to show her off when we visit but she’s not like that and won’t start a conversation with you if she’s not in the mood or if she doesn’t know you.

Anyway so my mum literally asked me to tell her stylishly to change or she’s washing her hands off the marriage.

I have already made up my mind but I would like to know how other people would handle the situation.
Re: The Type Of Wife I Want VS The Type Of Daughter In Law Mum Wants by sirusX(m): 10:08am On Oct 19, 2018
You can't force a person to be who they are not

Mum's reason for a change is to show off....and that doesn't hold water

It's best you let her be herself and open up only when she feels comfortable about that with others

Rome wasn't built in a day, so is friendship.

15 Likes

Re: The Type Of Wife I Want VS The Type Of Daughter In Law Mum Wants by lalanice(f): 10:13am On Oct 19, 2018
mothers need to learn to leave their children's family alone, why try to change anyone as long as they are not doing anything bad? let her face her marriage and in-laws.

it's not funny how some women don't want disturb from their in-laws but when they become in laws themselves they can't draw the line undecided I saw one dragging front seat in her sons car with his wife saying I was the first woman in his life ........why didn't you just marry him let everybody rest

13 Likes

Re: The Type Of Wife I Want VS The Type Of Daughter In Law Mum Wants by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 19, 2018
I want a wife just like yours. Preferably Igbo but yellow like half-caste.

Tell your mother to sit in her husband's house.

4 Likes

Re: The Type Of Wife I Want VS The Type Of Daughter In Law Mum Wants by blessedvisky(m): 11:08am On Oct 19, 2018
Earthbound:
I want a wife just like yours. Preferably Igbo but yellow like half-caste.

Tell your mother to sit in her husband's house.
Lol. Can you tell your own mother to sit in her husband's house

5 Likes

Re: The Type Of Wife I Want VS The Type Of Daughter In Law Mum Wants by stubbornman(m): 6:58am On Oct 20, 2018
Did your Father's mother tell your mum to change when she got married to your Dad What the hell is wrong with women and why do they hate themselves like this ...Person ........Person quiet problem...Person lousy wahala.

5 Likes

Re: The Type Of Wife I Want VS The Type Of Daughter In Law Mum Wants by frozen70(f): 1:49am On Oct 21, 2018
Since you are satisfied with your wife and you don't have issues with her

Focus on your mum before she creates problem for you

Mothers are very manipulating when it comes to their son's expecially

Handle your mother in a more matured way so that she doesn't feel irrelevant in your life

6 Likes

Re: The Type Of Wife I Want VS The Type Of Daughter In Law Mum Wants by NoToPile: 4:18am On Oct 21, 2018
Shes supposed to have washed her hands since you got married in reality.

This is the most ridiculous reason to have an issue with your daughter in law. Humans are so hard to please, you better watch it Or11 before you have problems where there are none. You like wifey that way tell your mum 'I like her as quiet as she is' and she should kindly let her be thats all. Tell her nicely and if she persists tell her sternly angry

4 Likes

Re: The Type Of Wife I Want VS The Type Of Daughter In Law Mum Wants by davirossi(m): 8:29am On Oct 21, 2018
first of all you're lying...she can't be Hispanic and have an American accent (good fiction tho)

3 Likes

Re: The Type Of Wife I Want VS The Type Of Daughter In Law Mum Wants by Jube4: 11:15am On Oct 23, 2018
Dear team,
Please we are trying to locate the bellow mentioned family of Ogidan last address no 168,Bamgbose St,Lagos Island.
Gbemisola Ogidan
Funmilola Ogidan
Ayodeji Ogidan
Aramide Ogidan
Father taiwo Ogadan

Any information about this family pls contact
Re: The Type Of Wife I Want VS The Type Of Daughter In Law Mum Wants by Ishilove: 12:46pm On Oct 23, 2018
Or11:

Anyway my wife is the quiet kinda girl, very few friends, doesn’t like make up, she has never smoked and doesn’t like alcohol but would have few sips of champagne or white wine. She reads a lot and that makes her spend lots of time alone.
This is exactly the kind of person I am and if anyone tells me to 'change', I will look at the person askance and continue doing what I am doing. You cannot force someone to be who they are not and trying to make them act otherwise will only lead to unnecessary friction.
Re: The Type Of Wife I Want VS The Type Of Daughter In Law Mum Wants by SAMBARRY: 1:36pm On Oct 23, 2018
I can't believe this question is coming from a grown man.

Quick question did you marry to please your mom?
Question 2 was it your mom that chose a wife for you
Question 3 is it your mom that will determine what goes on in your marriage?
Question 4 is it your mom that will dictate how she will behave publicly and privately
Question 6 have you heard anything about drawing borders and letting everyone know their limits?

Since you don't take permission from your mummy before fokeen your wife why are you allowing her indirectly or subtly controls the way your wife should conduct herself

All these omo mummy men everywhere. Hiannn baby man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Type Of Wife I Want VS The Type Of Daughter In Law Mum Wants by uniquehealth: 3:48pm On Oct 23, 2018
You may need to start praying. Don't trivialize it. Try and inform someone whom your mum listens to well in order to call her to caution. I wish you the very best in your marriage bro

3 Likes

Re: The Type Of Wife I Want VS The Type Of Daughter In Law Mum Wants by Or11: 11:06pm On Oct 23, 2018
Ishilove:

This is exactly the kind of person I am and if anyone tells me to 'change', I will look at the person askance and continue doing what I am doing. You cannot force someone to be who they are not and trying to make them act otherwise will only lead to unnecessary friction.

Exactly, I fell in love with her because she is who she is and I will never ask her to change.
Re: The Type Of Wife I Want VS The Type Of Daughter In Law Mum Wants by essenceplus: 8:15am On May 18, 2019
davirossi:
first of all you're lying...she can't be Hispanic and have an American accent (good fiction tho)

Guy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

43 Inches LED TV: Tokunbo Or Brand New One From Jumia? / Meet Hercules, World's Largest Cat, According To Guinness World Records / Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.