Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics (20898 Views)

Ruth, Idahosa's Daughter Recovers From COVID-19, Shares Story / Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown / Covenant University Dropout Shares Story Of How Marijuana Is Ruining His Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics by correctbae: 1:38pm On Oct 19, 2018
A poliomyelitis victim known as Timi has taken to his twitter handle, @Paco_jayzee to share his heart breaking story of his journey and survival with polio. According to his tweet, he became a victim of polio at the age of 3, right from then his parents has been his means of survival. Unfortunately, he lost his father along the line, he had to strive to be what is father wanted if he was alive. After 6years of struggling to gain admission, he finally gained admission to Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro where he studied Computer science. Upon graduation, he proceeded to the NYSC scheme which he just concluded. He revealed that depression and thought of suicide has creeped in as he collected his last allawee as he has no way of surviving and he doesn't want to be a beggar. So he took to his handle to seek help as he is in dire need of a job.

Full tweets below:

Please read my story
IS A THREAD
Am a poliomyelitis victim.
Yes, I am but I survived
Being physically challenged at the age of 3 has not been easy but Gods grace has been sufficient.
At age 3 my life changed when I was diagnosed with poliomyelitis, my Father was an average Nigerian who struggle to make ends meet for his family, he and my mom tried all they could medically and spiritually but faced a lot of limitations.
My father upon being helpless made a decision that even if I can't walk again with my legs I will get a good and better life like everyone who can walk with their legs.
He took upon himself that he will give me the best education that I deserve.
Being unable to walk with my two legs without the help of my crutches has been really really painful, seeing your pairs engage in the sport you like most and the only thing you can do is watch.
Depression comes in but Daddy and mummy was always there to cheer me up
During my secondary school days we had an inter-house sport,I couldn't wear my sport wear because I was shy & ashamed of myself but Daddy was there to encourage me.After secondary school I lost my Dad.
it downed on me that I had to pull myself together and be the man my father wants to be the man my father wants me to be.
No financial help to continue schooling and all the schools I had in my didn't admit me, I had to wait for good 6 years before I finally gained admission into federal polytechnic ilaro,in Ogun state where I had my National Diploma (ND) and Higher National
Diploma(HND) both Computer Science
Today I finished my NYSC program, I should be happy, that I accomplished my dream and my father's but I must tell you am really depressed and suicide thought have began to set in after I collected my last allowee.
I ask myself "TIMI WHAT NEXT" because no more allowee means no food on the table and going back to be a beggar that most polio victims are is not what I want for my life or plan to do after going through the pain of educating myself. I don't want to die neither do I want to beg
To Nigerians reading this,tweetlebs,celebrities and everyone.
PLEASE I NEED A JOB
PLEASE I NEED A JOB
PLEASE I NEED A JOB
And also I have quite a number of business idea that can fetch me money to put food on the table
Please don't just read, please retweet my helper might be on
on your TL
I want a good life, I DONT WANT TO DIE
@SubDeliveryZone @omohtee12 @RinsolaAbiola @Biisi96 @mzgbeborun @iam_Davido @Omojuwa @I_pissVodka @segalink @Ebuka @ImohUmoren

Source: https://correctbae.ng/2018/10/19/polio-victim-shares-emotional-story-seeks-for-job-as-he-finishes-nysc-says-he-doesnt-want-to-beg/

9 Likes

Re: Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics by correctbae: 1:42pm On Oct 19, 2018
More

Re: Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics by correctbae: 1:43pm On Oct 19, 2018
More

1 Share

Re: Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics by Annnonymous: 2:37pm On Oct 20, 2018
All i know be say Chelsea na scam angry angry angry angry

They've been cheating since 1321

How could the useless referee add 6 minutes ??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics by Excelboi(m): 2:38pm On Oct 20, 2018
It's well. You are a survivor... Don't let your disability weigh you down.

21 Likes

Re: Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics by Alagbaraa(m): 2:38pm On Oct 20, 2018
God will help him get a job. Some people in that condition have turned beggars. But, this guy refused to be limited.

8 Likes

Re: Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics by TheOdd1sOut: 2:39pm On Oct 20, 2018
Hm.

My advice to him Is this

[b]Don't waste your time looking for white collar jobs. You have a better chance of becoming a sole proprietor or entrepreneur than having a government job. And again, the government salary payment isn't stable. Even able bodied Nigerians no see white collar job collect.[\b]

5 Likes

Re: Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics by hermedkreations(m): 2:40pm On Oct 20, 2018
Job is waiting for you Insha Allah

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics by justdogitto: 2:41pm On Oct 20, 2018
What a touching a story.I pray God sends help to you soon in Jesus name

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics by itiswellandwell: 2:41pm On Oct 20, 2018
Fine guy

1 Like

Re: Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics by momodub: 2:41pm On Oct 20, 2018
Let's retweet pls
Re: Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics by TheOdd1sOut: 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2018
Annnonymous:
All i know be say Chelsea na scam angry angry angry angry

They've been cheating since 1321

How could the useless referee add 6 minutes ??

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics by cathodekazim: 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2018
Fela warned us back then about Obasanjo but we didn't take him serious
For every person Obj has bn endorsing to govern Nigeria, they have always bn a failure
You and Atiku looted our economy for 8 yrs n now you are saying we should vote for him
This is an excerpt from Fela's song Army arrangement back in the 80's
Two-point-eight-billion naira Oil money is missing Two-point-eight-billion naira Oil money is missing Them set up inquiry Them say money no lost o Them dabaru everybody Supervisor Obasanjo Them say make him no talk o "Money no lost, " them shout again Inquiry come close o E no finish, e no finish... Election story nko Obasanjo plan am very well Election story nko Obasanjo plan am very well Him take old politicians Wey rule Nigeria before The same old politicians Wey spoil Nigeria before Obasanjo carry all of them All of them dey there now E no finish, e no finish... Yeah! The young Africans them get two ears for head Them get two eyes too Them dey see the thing wey dey happen Them dey hear am too Few people dey fat with big money And the rest dey hungry Me Fela, I challenge Obasanjo Na wayo him dey all the time Make him carry me go any court I go open book for am Na wayo government we dey o E gba mi o Na weak government we dey o Ye paripa o Na paddy paddy government we dey E gba mi o Yeah! We give money Paddy paddy Arrange ni Wayo wayo Economic We give money Paddy paddy Wayo wayo Army arrangement! Add am together, give me the answer Give me money, add am together Paddy paddy, add am together Economic, add am together Division or multiplication Mathematician, put am together One answer you go get One answer you go get

1 Like

Re: Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics by Racoon(m): 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2018
God stir up the heart of you state and the federal govt.to provide a means of being more profitable to yourself and the society some more.I salute you courage to survive & God's faithfulness to you sir.Cheer up.
Re: Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics by TechSpace: 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2018
Stories like this touch me.

1 Like

Re: Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics by Sunbellar: 2:49pm On Oct 20, 2018
Be strong & prayerful!
Re: Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics by wink2015(m): 2:50pm On Oct 20, 2018
When abled bodied men and women are still looking for that illusive jobs.

You are here looking for shortcuts.

It is well! God will help you to find a job!

Nigeria is a really tough country to live in.

You suffer to go through school and get a degree.

You suffer to find work after graduation and after the compulsory federal government NYSC Scheme.

Must all of us run to overseas countries before we accomplish our life dreams?
Re: Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics by woleogun: 2:50pm On Oct 20, 2018
no disability in ability
Re: Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics by TheOdd1sOut: 2:50pm On Oct 20, 2018
Who else experienced that stupid cloudfare host error something while commenting on this post?

Seun should take care of it. Its getting worse

1 Like

Re: Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics by SarcasticGenius(m): 2:52pm On Oct 20, 2018
Poor guy. Polio could have been eradicated in Nigeria over 20 years ago if not for a certain illiterate and backward region of the country.
At a time they were even kidnapping and killing health care practitioners who came to offer vaccination against polio.

2 Likes

Re: Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics by PanickMode(m): 2:53pm On Oct 20, 2018
Remember to get your complete FRSC PAST QUESTIONS And ANSWERS in PDF for just #800.
Whatsapp this number to get it: 07038558252
Re: Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics by Hassan88(m): 2:55pm On Oct 20, 2018
TheOdd1sOut:
Hm.

My advice to him Is this

[b]Don't waste your time looking for white collar jobs. You have a better chance of becoming a sole proprietor or entrepreneur than having a government job. And again, the government salary payment isn't stable. Even able bodied Nigerians no see white collar job collect[\b]
As your name implies, TheOdd1sOut. Did u nt read the part that says he has business ideas. I wonder why some people think with their anus and type with their left toes. Think, think and think before u quote or revert me.

1 Like

Re: Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics by TheOdd1sOut: 2:57pm On Oct 20, 2018
Hassan88:
As your name implies, TheOdd1sOut. Did u nt read the part that says he has business ideas. I wonder why some people think with their anus and type with their left toes. Think, think and think before u quote or revert me.
bros bikonu swerve... I said he shouldn't go for government job. You should think before you type and interpreted the surface of a statement only.
Stupid troll
Re: Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics by Osinachiadinma: 3:00pm On Oct 20, 2018
Hello Timi, I must say congratulations on your graduation and passing out from NYSC. Glory be to God. I also want to comment on some of the things you wrote about.

You have already scaled the hurdles and to allow suicidal thoughts to be scaling through your mind at this time is uncalled for. You are already a graduate of Computer studies and that shows you already have what it takes to be an entrepreneur. Also think of employing people and not people who would employ you.

You are intelligent and it is only a few things that you cannot do because of your disability but remember there is ability in disability.
Look inwardly and you will see many potentials in your self as a graduate of computer studies. You can also delve into agriculture as in fish farming, snail farming amongst other things etc Check out the videos from Mr. Fish and Fish academy on YouTube. Please rebuke the suicidal thought and think deeply on all I have mentioned. God's grace.

4 Likes

Re: Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics by ClassiqueMan: 3:03pm On Oct 20, 2018
wink2015:
When abled bodied men and women are still looking for that illusive jobs.

You are here looking for shortcuts.

It is well! God will help you to find a job!

Nigeria is a really tough country to live in.

You suffer to go through school and get a degree.

You suffer to find work after graduation and after the compulsory federal government NYSC Scheme.

Must all of us run to overseas countries before we accomplish our life dreams?
I tire oo.....
Re: Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics by omoniomoade(f): 3:15pm On Oct 20, 2018
Bros, congrats, pls put that your certificate for one side and think outside the box, Nigerian companies no dey give job on pity.
Re: Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics by Houseofglam7(f): 3:21pm On Oct 20, 2018
Ability in disability

(1) (2) (Reply)

The World Hepatitis Day: 10 Things You Should Know Now! / Sexuality- How To Last Longer In Bed / Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.