Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy (37272 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by Candoit: 7:18am On Oct 20, 2018
So sad. But if you had sought professional guide during your visa application, you might have gotten it.
That's what happens most times to people who feel they can do it themselves, " after all is it not simple? ".
Always seek help from the professionals in anything you do, no matter how simple. In these
visa situations especially Australia use PFL

1 Like

Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by sweetilicious(f): 7:18am On Oct 20, 2018
I used to have the dreams to go to Australia for my masters even while I was in 200level.I even suggested this country for some people.Unfortunately, Masters done in Nigeria.Australia is an organised country.
Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by thatigboman: 7:22am On Oct 20, 2018
equity1:
Grammar professor, how is your Grammer better than his? go back to what you posted and check if it makes any meaning grammatically. Cattle calling pot black. Mr I too know.
he actually praised the Op for his writing prowess.

1 Like

Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by Splasshhh(f): 8:01am On Oct 20, 2018
Eiya
Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 20, 2018
fratermathy:

Please take your time to read and understand. If you encounter words you do not know, use a dictionary to check their meanings before you assume. The person you quoted actually praised the Op's command of English. He did not denigrate it.
Bro, don't mind them
I just don't know why some people wannabe faster than the speed of light.

1 Like

Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by ftechclass: 8:02am On Oct 20, 2018
sweetilicious:
I used to have the dreams to go to Australia for my masters even while I was in 200level.I even suggested this country for some people.Unfortunately, Masters done in Nigeria.Australia is an organised country.
After reading the comments on this thread, seems there is no hope for me. Cos I equally doing everything possible to do my MSc in that country
Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by Kingzy4pep(m): 8:03am On Oct 20, 2018
sweetilicious:
Have you considered going there for your PhD?
Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by tym92(m): 8:18am On Oct 20, 2018
Counselor123:
I guess your SOP was not convincing enough. You can re-apply. There are some important things that your SOP must address if not, you may be termed as a non GTE. Gone were the days when we mail then to speed up the finalization of visa application and get the visa same day or next.

I was in Australia in 2016 and a news flash showed that someone just stole from a store...believe me, it was a Nigerian. I felt bad
just disgracing ourselves here and there
Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by ibinaboonline: 8:32am On Oct 20, 2018
Simply put, these people have very little respect for us because we don't respect ourselves. Treating us like idiots. You seem to be a very good candidate for this visa but the embassy probably believes everything to be a smokescreen. Believe me, you'd have had a very different result if you applied from a different country like Kenya.

1 Like

Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by sweetilicious(f): 8:43am On Oct 20, 2018
Kingzy4pep:
Have you considered going there for your PhD?
I don't want to think small or Renege on my vision.I will still go there.Exactly why am saving up again.
Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by winj3: 8:45am On Oct 20, 2018
Take up farming.
Warren Buffet made his money that way, he did not need to emigrate!
Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by Newboss(m): 8:58am On Oct 20, 2018
emkz:
The same way I won a fellowship to go to a Canadian university for a month; the second visa application was rejected for doing what was recommended for the first visa rejection. Of course I sent them a letter to bare my mind. Mind you, they would never give me a visa again. Citizens from certain countries are not valued, it is sad that Nigeria falls in this category. Visa rejections for academic purposes are unjustifiable and should be unacceptable. I am sorry bro, you may need to defer your admission and request your university handles the visa application as a mediator. It works in the Netherlands, just find out if it may be possible for Australia.
Most Nigerian fraudsters in the west entered with student visa angry

Once bitten, twice shy angry
Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by Canadianbreed01(m): 9:04am On Oct 20, 2018
Please talking about travel history, is traveling to African countries part of it? Ghana, Benin Republic, Cotonou ]Never mind them. When we tell Nigerians to stop abusing visa dem no go hear.
Three things....you probably have no travel history so there is no way to know you won't abuse your visa.
Secondly, your financial status...as per account submitted shows you have nothing strong doing in Nigeria so you won't likely come back. The fact that you got funding has covered the cost of your stay there. The fact that you probably dont earn much in Nigeria means you are as good as immigrating to Australia. Thirdly, that your family is in Nigeria is a further proof you want to go and hustle first before inviting them. If you are well to do, you would apply for all of them at once but you know it will cost you so much so they know you are going to hustle. More so as a PHD student, your wife is entitled to also work full time in Australia but you left her behind because you can't afford it for now. It is not fair but you can't blame them . our people do spoil our visa reputation and we all often support them [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by Newboss(m): 9:11am On Oct 20, 2018
winj3:
Take up farming.
Warren Buffet made his money that way, he did not need to emigrate!
Do you even know who Buffet is? angry

Nigga is an investor who was lucky enough to buy shares in big companies when those companies were still upcoming angry Now, the shares of those companies are worth hundreds and some thousands of dollars $$. angry If you bought 2000 shares of a company when their stock was worth $2, when it finally hits $500, you practically become a millionaire without breaking a sweat. angry

Buffet saw that and decided to go for the kill by buying the stocks of coca cola and the rest angry He went further to use that same system to open a company. angry Today, his company's stock is the most expensive in the world @ over $300k per share angry

Today, it's paying off and he's still investing angry

1 Like

Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by ARS1: 10:40am On Oct 20, 2018
Wow! I am truly overwhelmed by the empathies shown by everyone and pieces of advice offered.

Since the refusal notice doesn't give me opportunity to appeal, I have decided to reapply. Thus, I have requested that my admission be deferred. However, I am not sure if my request will be granted since the University policy on funding stipulates that student on scholarship can only defer not more than once. It is important to state that the University had once moved my enrollment from July to October so as to give me ample time to apply for visa. Anyway, my supervisor is not relenting as she has forwarded my request to defer to the Dean of graduate school.

Many people have asked salient questions. Do I have travel history? Yes, my Master's degree was done in Europe through scholarship. Infact, I have had opportunities to travel to more than three European countries without breaching the conditions of my Visa.

Anyway, I am still hoping that the University will grant my request to defer my admission.

judebebo32:
I really don’t know much about Australian Immigration system. However here is my advice,
First I advice you reapply as soon as possible, get a recommendation letter from your prospective supervisor also support your application with explanation letter. In the letter explain why the program would improve your career and your plans after graduation. Also explain that your family members are in Nigeria as part of home ties. If the resumption deadline is passed, you can defer your admission before reapplying.
All the best

1 Like

Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by edupedia: 10:41am On Oct 20, 2018
BIAFRONIGERIAN:
Chai
Buhari have scattered this country's image that a whole intellectual is seen as a prospective fugitive.
OP, just vote Atiku and it shall be well

....rubbish and nonsense....

1 Like

Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by edupedia: 10:45am On Oct 20, 2018
BIAFRONIGERIAN:
Chai
Buhari have scattered this country's image that a whole intellectual is seen as a prospective fugitive.
OP, just vote Atiku and it shall be well

....rubbish and nonsense....Wait ooo!
� So, if I vote for Peter Obi now, Atiku would win?
� Saraki would remainin the Senate President? � And PDP would be back in power?
� Obasanjo would march into Aso Rock again whenever he wants?
� Our national leaders would become Wike, Fayose, Fani-Kayode?
� Dasuki would be released and restored to his position as compensation for his long suffering?
� Bishop Kukah and Bishop Oyedepo would be grinning from molar to molar, and would tell me in the first Sunday service, that God has just appointed a righteous man to the throne to save this nation?

Any time my mind remembers these possibilities, I faint with fear. How can I use my own hand invite thieves back to come chop the little Buhari has saved for the future....ati ku laye ko ati ku lorun ni

1 Like

Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 20, 2018
If you dont suceed the 1st time, dust yourself up and try again.

Reapply.

Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by Kingzy4pep(m): 11:21am On Oct 20, 2018
sweetilicious:
I don't want to think small or Renege on my vision.I will still go there.Exactly why am saving up again.
Nice one.
It's such a great country and it's still my number 1 choice too.
Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by Gbengangr: 11:49am On Oct 20, 2018
Can you get in touch bro? I will like to offer some advice

ARS1:
Long epistle alert!

It all started around January last year when I made up my mind to enroll for PhD program in Australia. Those who have passed through this stage will perfectly understand how tedious the process is- starting from putting in place a novel research proposal, getting a professor to supervise your project and finally, securing funding for your program. To be honest, one needs to be highly motivated and dedicated to survive these hurdles.

I must confess, my dedication and perseverance really paid off after series of rejections as I was able to get the consent of three supervisors from different universities who were willing to support my applications. Between July and December 2017, I had completed the application process for admission and funding. To God be the glory, the results started coming out in April 2018. Two of the Universities offered me admission with full funding (stipend + tuition+ family insurance cover) while the third University offered only admission without funding.

Sorry, i forgot to mention that one of the Universities is in G8 (equivalent of ivy league) What a great news! Without waisting time, I quickly accepted the offer from this Universty for obvious reasons. Apart from the fact that the University is consistently ranked among the top 50 in the world, my department is also ranked among the top 10 in the world. In view of this, I had to reject other offers.

As soon as my COE was issued, I quickly submitted my Visa application on June 26, 2018. To avoid unnecessary issue, every document was submitted with my application. To my surprise, I got no response from DIBP on my application after three months. Then, I decided to send a polite email to DIBP on 6th October 2018 on progress of my application as my enrollment deadline was 14th October 2018. Alas, I got a refusal notice on 9th October 2018.

In the refusal notice, the visa officer submitted that she was not convinced that I met the genuine entry requirement as I do not have strong ties to return to my country despite the fact that I didn't not apply together with my family. She further posited that she was not convinced that PhD is beneficial to my career goal as a tutor. What an insult again!

The refusal notice was quickly sent to the graduate school and my supervisor. This unfair decision did not meet my supervisor well as she quickly sought the intervention of the University. In her email to the graduate school, she clearly mentioned that this is the most disgusting reason for visa refusal she has ever heard. While she has hoped for the intervention of the University, I understand that the University might not be able to reverse the decision of DIBP as there is no option for appeal.

Given this dilemma, it will be appreciated if any useful advice could be given.

Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by Bashoruntolu(m): 11:55am On Oct 20, 2018
Yes, I'm battling depression; heartbroken; and living on the low. It all started with Australian's refusal to grant me a visa back in may 2016. Reasons been that I don't intended to contribute anything towards the betterment of Australia after my intended apprenticeship ( period of ) stay, that I don't intend to work in Australia after the training program, that I stated "I'm doing this for my country, Nigeria" during a phone-in section I had with my interviewer from the Australian embassy in South Africa, where my application is forwarded to for consideration by the Australia teleperformance office in Onigbongbo and then that I should reapply in some six months, with the aid of an immigration lawyer from Australia, lol. Me wey dey Ajegunle wey never see inside OZ(AUS.) b4 ooo.
All my dreams bar two, edu attainment and long life went down the drain with huge and significant spendings.
Lisa, I swear we could have bought that 40ft IVECO container truck with those funds.
I couldn't march forward, my dreams of 'sourcing energy from fruits' died. Now I'm just a motorboy working with a very nice northern who speaks only one English word - 'cigarette'..and I don't smoke. Journeying places and palaces around on a diesel-run engine...lol.
As for Nigeria, how then did she treat me?
Do I buy feeds for my three month old lil dog, Hazard first or I stock for myself with this 19k stipend?

Life, o critical.

Relief.................................I want this permanently.

I wanna talk to someone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by edimalo(m): 12:05pm On Oct 20, 2018
Hello bro,

Sent you a pm. Kindly respond please. Need to find out something from you

Thanks

KlausMike:
I experienced a similar situation last year December....I got admission to study a masters program in computing with university of Adelaide only to receive the same genuine temporary entry not satisfactory news..the funny thing is it wasn't even scholarship.... I sharpaly bone Australia....currently studying in canada with my family grin
Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by Mbediogu(m): 1:49pm On Oct 20, 2018
This is why we must improve our home base. Look at Australia at the end of the world. Australia, and Tasmania were together called Topsy Turvydom before now. Because in those areas you find the worst of everything from Tarantulas to snakes etc. The British founding fathers were condemned criminals. Why won't they brag to a Nigerian? Their leaders improved their land while ours are still despoiling the nation. Pity!

3 Likes

Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by nokatakata: 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2018
RayJinble:

My brother stop crying foul... No be embassy fault, it's the fault of our brothers that have gone to the embassy before us.... They promised to come back home afterwards but...

On the issue of racism..... You don't just show up in another man's land and expect all off them to like you for no reason..... Some of us go there for honest jobs I agree but unfortunately some of us also go there to reck the system and clog their jails in a bid to make it big.... How many persons do you know in Malaysia right now that's there for honest legit reasons?....Some months ago, some NIGERIAN rival cult groups were reported to have clashed swords in the streets of China for some clumsy reason known to them and afterwards the Chinese authorities demanded that henceforth no Nigerian should be accommodated in any of the hotels in the city blablabla....
My point is....don't completely blame the foreigners for their strict attitude towards us, we have a share in the blame too... They are only been protective/security conscious of viruses and parasites that try to infest their country daily..... We are useless to their economy but keep brewing threats here and there when shown mercy..... If you don't like the way I treat you in my house...go back and build yours.. Simple..... It's their country and they have the right to refuse you entry if you pose as a nuisant or are just useless to them economy-wise don't interpret it as wickedness.....rather, be motivated...

After all..... Our ancestors once kicked Ghana out of our country
They got motivated and now we envy them smiley

and honestly you will never find foreigners in Nigeria misbehaving. most foreigners in nigeria are always easy going. the one's who do illegal business are always on a very low key that it will be very hard to suspect let alone arrest them. but when nigerians travel abroad, they begin to misbehave. you can imagine someone going to another mans country to engage in cultism. what kinda madness is that?

3 Likes

Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by Lekster(m): 5:44pm On Oct 20, 2018
Bashoruntolu:
Yes, I'm battling depression; heartbroken; and living on the low. It all started with Australian's refusal to grant me a visa back in may 2016. Reasons been that I don't intended to contribute anything towards the betterment of Australia after my intended apprenticeship ( period of ) stay, that I don't intend to work in Australia after the training program, that I stated "I'm doing this for my country, Nigeria" during a phone-in section I had with my interviewer from the Australian embassy in South Africa, where my application is forwarded

to for consideration by the Australia teleperformance office in Onigbongbo and then that I should reapply in some six months, with the aid of an immigration lawyer from Australia, lol. Me wey dey Ajegunle wey never see inside OZ(AUS.) b4 ooo.
All my dreams bar two, edu attainment and long life went down the drain with huge and significant spendings.
Lisa, I swear we could have bought that 40ft IVECO container truck with those funds.
I couldn't march forward, my dreams of 'sourcing energy from fruits' died. Now I'm just a motorboy working with a very nice northern who speaks only one English word - 'cigarette'..and I don't smoke. Journeying places and palaces around on a diesel-run engine...lol.
As for Nigeria, how then did she treat me?
Do I buy feeds for my three month old lil dog, Hazard first or I stock for myself with this 19k stipend?

Life, o critical.

Relief.................................I want this permanently.

I wanna talk to someone

I feel your pain bro
Better days ahead
Just don't lose focus..

1 Like

Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by thatigboman: 7:35pm On Oct 20, 2018
ARS1:
Wow! I am truly overwhelmed by the empathies shown by everyone and pieces of advice offered.

Since the refusal notice doesn't give me opportunity to appeal, I have decided to reapply. Thus, I have requested that my admission be deferred. However, I am not sure if my request will be granted since the University policy on funding stipulates that student on scholarship can only defer not more than once. It is important to state that the University had once moved my enrollment from July to October so as to give me ample time to apply for visa. Anyway, my supervisor is not relenting as she has forwarded my request to defer to the Dean of graduate school.

Many people have asked salient questions. Do I have travel history? Yes, my Master's degree was done in Europe through scholarship. Infact, I have had opportunities to travel to more than three European countries without breaching the conditions of my Visa.

Anyway, I am still hoping that the University will grant my request to defer my admission.

all the best.
There were other questions u have not answered.
Where do u work and are u married?
Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by thatigboman: 7:37pm On Oct 20, 2018
edupedia:

� Dasuki would be released and restored to his position as compensation for his long suffering?
� Bishop Kukah and Bishop Oyedepo would be grinning from molar to molar, and would tell me in the first Sunday service, that God has just appointed a righteous man to the throne to save this nation?

Any time my mind remembers these possibilities, I faint with fear. How can I use my own hand invite thieves back to come chop the little Buhari has saved for the future....ati ku laye ko ati ku lorun ni
so, this nigeria of extreme poverty, jobblessness and extreme security challenges should remain and get worse till 2023? Check it pls
Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by Gbengangr: 9:14pm On Oct 20, 2018
Hi again Ars1. Would have contacted you directly if there is a means to. Can you drop your email add? I am currently a PhD student in one of the Unis in Australia. I may be able to offer some advice from personal experience. Hope to hear from you soon. Best wishes. G
Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by Believe33: 10:51pm On Oct 20, 2018
edupedia:

It is people like you that put Nigeria in this condition. The highest criminals in this country is Buhari, Oshomole, Tinubu etc. APC is a terrorist party and they are out to reduce Nigeria image to zero. Killers cannot be allowed to occupy Aso rock. Get sense

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki / Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) / Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.