Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Queries About Tinted Car Windows - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Queries About Tinted Car Windows (8805 Views)

Get Medical Report For Your Tinted Car / About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment / Install This On Your Car Windows For Your Safety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Queries About Tinted Car Windows by CityNGR: 6:06pm On Oct 19, 2018
According to the Nigerian constitution, tinted glass permit is required legally if you are driving around in a tinted glass vehicle. However, this permit can only be given on two grounds, according to the law. ... The use of a tinted glass vehicle without a permit is an offence punishable by law.

So what is the update on tinting your car windows?
Cc
Heavenlybang radautoworks kingreign obekediamondfuto Gazzuzz
Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:08pm On Oct 19, 2018
CityNGR:
According to the Nigerian constitution, tinted glass permit is required legally if you are driving around in a tinted glass vehicle. However, this permit can only be given on two grounds, according to the law. ... The use of a tinted glass vehicle without a permit is an offence punishable by law.

Cc
Heavenlybang radautoworks kingreign obekediamondfuto

Factory tint or aftermarket tint? Believe you need a doctor's report and a police statement in order to get the permit for the latter.
Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by CityNGR: 6:10pm On Oct 19, 2018
Aftermarket. What % tint is allowed?
Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by lanrexdo(m): 7:25pm On Oct 19, 2018
I see allot of people tinting there cars and i still asking if it is not a crime anymore or not!
Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:45pm On Oct 19, 2018
lanrexdo:
I see allot of people tinting there cars and i still asking if it is not a crime anymore or not!

elections are round the corner, terrorist threats are on a decline.
Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by lanrexdo(m): 11:40pm On Oct 19, 2018
So is it a crime to tint your car without a permit?

GAZZUZZ:

elections are round the corner, terrorist threats are on a decline.
Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:05am On Oct 20, 2018
lanrexdo:
So is it a crime to tint your car without a permit?

sorry I came late to class, actually it is a crime to tint ur vehicle without permit! this is the law, except if the ride was tinted follow come..... any aftermarket tint is punishable if there is not corresponding permit.

the reason. is simple tho, when a policeman stops u at a checkpoint, he wants to be able to see inside the vehicle if there are any red flags or funny appearances that should be checked.... tinting on the other hand defeats this whole process.

but if the ride is follow come then I do t think it's an issue.

op, to get that permit now na ABC sef, all u need to do is know someone that knows someone that knows someone till the network reaches the police hq in any state and that settles it.... buh I'm not sure if they still check this tint on the road!
Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by AutoElectNG: 12:28am On Oct 20, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

sorry I came late to class, actually it is a crime to tint ur vehicle without permit! this is the law, except if the ride was tinted follow come..... any aftermarket tint is punishable if there is not corresponding permit.

the reason. is simple tho, when a policeman stops u at a checkpoint, he wants to be able to see inside the vehicle if there are any red flags or funny appearances that should be checked.... tinting on the other hand defeats this whole process.

but if the ride is follow come then I do t think it's an issue.

op, to get that permit now na ABC sef, all u need to do is know someone that knows someone that knows someone till the network reaches the police hq in any state and that settles it.... buh I'm not sure if they still check this tint on the road!

On the highways and expressways you must have it or bail yourself with 500.00 per stop

Also in the town, if some law enforcement is hungry or need quick cash to settle pressing immediate needs, and they mount a stop and search, you are bound to part with cash, unless you can place a call to a superior to give you a free pass

Percentage tint alien to Nigerian statute books to the best of my knowledge and belief

Once you have necessary permits it can be 100% tint

Your car had better be black as well to complement the tint

2 Likes

Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by CityNGR: 11:01am On Oct 20, 2018
AutoElectNG:

On the highways and expressways you must have it or bail yourself with 500.00 per stop

Also in the town, if some law enforcement is hungry or need quick cash to settle pressing immediate needs, and they mount a stop and search, you are bound to part with cash, unless you can place a call to a superior to give you a free pass

Percentage tint alien to Nigerian statute books to the best of my knowledge and belief

Once you have necessary permits it can be 100% tint

Your car had better be black as well to complement the tint
100% is no tint. Or you mean tint which doesn't allow even 0.000001% light rays through? That would be a black out!! You are bound to make any security official jumpy
Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by AutoElectNG: 11:43am On Oct 20, 2018
CityNGR:

100% is no tint. Or you mean tint which doesn't allow even 0.000001% light rays through? That would be a black out!! You are bound to make any security official jumpy

I was being melodramatic

They don't care about the percentage of tint

All they care for is factory tint or no factory tint

Permit or no permit

Will you play with the boys and they make it easy for you

Or will you be stubborn and seeing they have little or nothing to lose they will then waste your time and get you to still pay in the end

Black vehicles = Plausible deniability and/or have important figures on speed dial and you are covered

1 Like

Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by MrFinbarr(m): 6:40pm On Oct 20, 2018
Any experience on using a 100% tint backed up with a military sticker? Please share.

I intend to do that.
Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by CityNGR: 6:57pm On Oct 20, 2018
MrFinbarr:
Any experience on using a 100% tint backed up with a military sticker? Please share.

I intend to do that.
Are you a military man?
Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by AutoElectNG: 7:02pm On Oct 20, 2018
MrFinbarr:

I intend to do that.

You need what's called Limo Tint
Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by MrFinbarr(m): 7:28pm On Oct 20, 2018
AutoElectNG:

You need what's called Limo Tint
Educate me please.
Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by MrFinbarr(m): 7:29pm On Oct 20, 2018
[quote author=CityNGR post=72265674]
Are you a military man?[/quot
Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by MrFinbarr(m): 7:31pm On Oct 20, 2018
CityNGR:
Are you a military man?
No. My brother is and I registered in his name.
Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by AutoElectNG: 7:42pm On Oct 20, 2018
MrFinbarr:

Educate me please.

Even seen a tinted top of the line Mercedes Benz S Class or BMW 7 Series...that kind of tint is known as Limo Tint

It allows 5% of Visible light transmittance

In other words, 95% tint
Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by CityNGR: 8:41pm On Oct 20, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Even seen a tinted top of the line Mercedes Benz S Class or BMW 7 Series...that kind of tint is known as Limo Tint

It allows 5% of Visible light transmittance

In other words, 95% tint

That would be illegal... I'd stop him for thorough checks anytime I meet him

1 Like

Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by CityNGR: 8:42pm On Oct 20, 2018
MrFinbarr:

No. My brother is and I registered in his name.

Impersonation
Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by MrFinbarr(m): 8:46pm On Oct 20, 2018
CityNGR:

Impersonation
You are wrong. I drive with a license that has my name. I registered in his name for security coverage. These law enforcement people can act funny sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 20, 2018
Yep,i use it and no mo'fucker dares to stop me.
Why?
Severe tint,almost 100% on windows,back windscreen and a little on the front windscreens on my cars,allowing only some circular shapes on it for visibility.
Police lights and siren and of course,covered spy police plates.
Lol,before you ask me how,these things are for sale if you know the people i know wink

4 Likes

Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by 9icetoo(m): 10:09pm On Oct 20, 2018
Tinted permit is as easy as ABC these days. You don't even need to know anyone. You don't need to pay any dime.
I searched online for the application, got it, filled it out, printed it out, went to the CIB or force HQ in pH and captured same day. My application was stamped and that's it. I show the police the papers any time I am stopped and I haven't got any issues ever since. Instead of giving out 500 bucks at every check point, y don't you get the free tinted permit?

5 Likes

Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:32pm On Oct 21, 2018
9icetoo:
Tinted permit is as easy as ABC these days. You don't even need to know anyone. You don't need to pay any dime.
I searched online for the application, got it, filled it out, printed it out, went to the CIB or force HQ in pH and captured same day. My application was stamped and that's it. I show the police the papers any time I am stopped and I haven't got any issues ever since. Instead of giving out 500 bucks at every check point, y don't you get the free tinted permit?

I'm pretty sure that's for the factory tint.
Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by CityNGR: 12:43pm On Oct 21, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Kindly advise us on the man-made tint
Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by 9icetoo(m): 3:44pm On Oct 21, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Yeah sure. But you know what, my car was never inspected before the tint permit was issued to check if it was factory or self applied. undecided

1 Like

Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by Chelseafan1: 6:16pm On Jan 20, 2019
Has anyone tried rolling down glasses once u sight police some metres ahead? It works

1 Like

Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:20pm On Jan 20, 2019
Chelseafan1:
Has anyone tried rolling down glasses once u sight police some metres ahead? It works

Roll down all your glasses? Also, I've been stopped and asked to wind up before.

2 Likes

Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by Chelseafan1: 6:58pm On Jan 20, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Roll down all your glasses? Also, I've been stopped and asked to wind up before.

grin grin grin grin weyrey people

3 Likes

Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by AKMoney1(m): 1:03am On Jan 22, 2019
CityNGR:

Cc
Heavenlybang radautoworks kingreign obekediamondfuto Gazzuzz

Do one still need a permit for factory tinted car?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by radautoworks: 8:33am On Jan 22, 2019
AKMoney1:

Me no know. Naija rules mystify me
Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by radautoworks: 8:35am On Jan 22, 2019
[quote author=CityNGR post=72282501]
Kindly advise us on the man-made tint[/quote

(Smartass mode activated) PRETTY SURE THEY ALL ARE

1 Like

Re: Queries About Tinted Car Windows by DaV8King(m): 8:35am On Jan 22, 2019
AKMoney1:

Yes. For any tint at all

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Car Should A Young Man Get? / Nissan Murano 2003 Transmission Problem / Dont Drink And Drive(see Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.