Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work (22186 Views)

Usman Yusuf: Bandits Are Tired, They Want Genuine Peace (Ex-NHIS Boss) / Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate / Buhari Sacks Usman Yusuf As NHIS Boss, Appoints Sambo Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by ochejoseph(m): 10:54pm On Oct 19, 2018
The Executive Secretary of the National Health Insurance Scheme, Prof. Usman Yusuf, who was suspended indefinitely by the governing council of the NHIS on Thursday, resumed work on Friday, ignoring the resolution of the council, Saturday PUNCH can confirm.

It was learnt that Yusuf resumed at the head office of the agency in Abuja around 10am to the surprise of members of staff.

In a memo with reference number NHIS/ES/091/1/192, signed by Yusuf and addressed to the chairman of the council, Dr Enyantu Ifenne, the Executive Secretary said only President Muhammadu Buhari could suspend him.

Citing sections 6, 7 and 8 of the NHIS Act, Yusuf said the council only had the powers to manage the scheme and other related activities, adding that he had not even been informed of the petitions written against him.

The memo read in part, “As you are aware, by virtue of Section 8 of the NHIS Act, my appointment, like yours, is at the instance of the President, while the council’s power of appointment is limited to directors and other employees of the scheme.

“It is, therefore, ultra vires or the council to suspend or purport to suspend me from office to the extent that the said suspension is the prerogative of Mr Area of SMF.”

In her reaction, the chairman of the NHIS board acknowledged receipt of the memo on Friday.

Chairman of the NHIS board, Dr Enyantu Ifenne, however, expressed shock over Yusuf’s decision to defy the council.

She said, “Let those who hide under the cover of the Presidency to protect corruption know that Nigerians are keenly watching. I am convinced that if President Buhari is fully briefed about a tenth of Yusuf’s atrocities, he will throw him out.”

At a briefing in Abuja on Thursday, Ifenne had accused Yusuf of insubordination, fraud, arbitrariness and other corrupt practices.

She had announced his indefinite suspension and appointed Sadiq Abubakar as the acting Executive Secretary.

Source:

https://www.punchng.com/fraud-nhis-boss-defies-suspension-order-resumes-at-work/amp/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by Japsylee: 12:00am On Oct 20, 2018
Saint Buhari about to canonize saint abubakar........ but afonja na the greatest losers in this government

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by Nobody: 2:10am On Oct 20, 2018
And of course, the president won't sack him.

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by Racoon(m): 2:43am On Oct 20, 2018
He have this confidence because he is sure the president's penchant for official corruption by his appointees will never allow him to give him the marching orders.

103 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by Racoon(m): 3:33am On Oct 20, 2018
This is the consequence of executive rascality and nepotism.It can only give rise to open stupidity of this nature. angry angry

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by chinjo(m): 5:17am On Oct 20, 2018
Buhari will soon deny any knowledge of his reinstatement.

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by magoo10(m): 6:07am On Oct 20, 2018
Impunity begets impunity
A snake can only give birth to a snake

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by Akinwerndey: 6:50am On Oct 20, 2018
The arrogance of this man is something else.
Imagine this corrupt slowpoke going against the rules and yet Lifeless FC chairman is encouring him. Bunkum!!!

41 Likes

Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by codedguy1(m): 7:03am On Oct 20, 2018
Akinwerndey:
The arrogance of this man is something else.
Imagine this corrupt slowpoke going against the rules and yet Lifeless FC chairman is encouring him. Bunkum!!!

When there is a lifeless dullard at the helm of affairs in this country why won't he be arrogant and flaunt it in our faces.

I trust that a lot of Yoruba's are also disgusted with things like this and would vote for the liberation of this country from this govt regardless of where or who the VP is.

This is disgusting to say the least.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by Mizwisdom(f): 7:13am On Oct 20, 2018
Buhari's boys can't be corrupt, it's only his enemies like Fayose that are corrupt

40 Likes

Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by Kenekingisback: 7:39am On Oct 20, 2018
Amazing
Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by Omeokachie: 7:41am On Oct 20, 2018
Buhari and friends

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by ochejoseph(m): 2:35pm On Oct 20, 2018
chinjo:
Buhari will soon deny any knowledge of his reinstatement.

As usual

14 Likes

Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 21, 2018
This man should better call the president's name with caution. He is not in their village meeting.
If I was PMB, I will just sack this one, to prove him right angry

3 Likes

Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by wonuks(m): 3:50pm On Oct 21, 2018
shocked
Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 21, 2018
Please Someone should help me with a part time job, or hustle that I can do, No money to go back to school, I will be happy to receive one, no matter how low it is provided it is legal, I am ready to do it with all shades of honesty.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by canadastime(m): 3:50pm On Oct 21, 2018
I doubt if he would sack him
Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by demolinka(m): 3:50pm On Oct 21, 2018
For this guy mind na, he get strong head abi...

Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by opalu: 3:51pm On Oct 21, 2018
Lolz
Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by kingjoe(m): 3:52pm On Oct 21, 2018
lol he knows buhari can't sack him.

1 Like

Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by Sholaco: 3:53pm On Oct 21, 2018
No respect for the country anymore by this arrogant individuals

3 Likes

Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by duscollins: 3:53pm On Oct 21, 2018
I can only imagine what will happen to the middle belt/ north central states if Buhari wins 2019..... it's better not imagined.

All the killings witnessed so far is a preamble to what is to come. Till date no fulani hersdman has been arrested and prosecuted.

Ejecting Buhari from Aso Rock is now a patriotic call.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by princeade86(m): 3:53pm On Oct 21, 2018
u may even not ans buhari if u like, like igp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by projectTopicsNg: 3:53pm On Oct 21, 2018
OK. We hear
Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by awa(m): 3:53pm On Oct 21, 2018
Bros, don't bother just continue work because even Buhari cannot sack you after all you are a Muslim Northerner. You are right.....

7 Likes

Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by ZombiePUNISHER: 3:54pm On Oct 21, 2018
The corrupt YUSUF knows that he got the backing of the president...

No body can sack me... He says cheesy

APc is a terrorist party full of evil and corrupt men

Only zombies and fools support this government

4 Likes

Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by Galaticos444: 3:54pm On Oct 21, 2018
He has d guts to make such statement cos he knows buhari is a tyrant who doesn't respect d rule of law

8 Likes

Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by mikeycharles(m): 3:55pm On Oct 21, 2018
Buhari is surrounded by a bunch of idiots, I blame Tinubu and APC; who are purposely trying to dent his image and make the anti-corruption fight seem like a total charade.

2 Likes

Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by Hotfreezer: 3:55pm On Oct 21, 2018
codedguy1:

When there is a lifeless dullard at the helm of affairs in this country why won't he be arrogant and flaunt it in our faces.

I trust that a lot of Yoruba's are also disgusted with things like this and would vote for the liberation of this country from this govt regardless of where or who the VP is.

This is disgusting to say the least.

If you are suffering from short memory, Yorubas aren't suffering from it.

We remember what Obi said about Yorubas. We remember how he derided Yorubas and spoke of us like lepers.

We remember how he called Lagos no man's land.

We remember the insults on Yorubas in the ACN and the insults on Awolowo's legacy.

Yorubas would treat would Obi exactly how he treated Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Usman Yusuf: 'Only Buhari Can Sack Me' - NHIS Boss Resumes Work by ZombiePUNISHER: 3:56pm On Oct 21, 2018
duscollins:
I can only imagine what will happen to the middle belt/ north central states if Buhari wins 2019..... it's better not imagined.

All the killings witnessed so far is a preamble to what is to come. Till date no fulani hersdman has been arrested and prosecuted.

Ejecting Buhari from Aso Rock is now a patriotic call.

Do you know that there are still pockets of people in same middle belt that still chant sai barber.. Few though

But I don't understand it... I thought by now
They will be marching towards Aso rock seeking Buharis head on a platter

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buba Galadima’s Company Taken Over By AMCON Over ₦900 Million Loan / Boko Haram Attacks Maiduguri Mosque This Morning (PHOTO) / Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.