Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,793 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo (27924 Views)

Obaseki: Tinubu's Position In APC Is Not Constitutional / I Do Not Know Tinubu Or Lai Muhammed,kwara Must Change Convener,abdulrazaq Hamza / See moment Obasanjo mocked Tinubu over leadership position in APC (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by OgaGist: 12:51am On Oct 20, 2018
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo says he doesn’t know the position Asiwaju Bola Tinubu currently holds in the ruling All Progressives Congress.

Obasanjo said this during a programme titled, “The Talk,” which was aired on a YouTube Channel, “Voice of the People.”

The former President had been asked to identify the designations of certain political figures in the country.

He identified Muhammadu Buhari and Prof. Yemi Osinbajo as the President and Vice President respectively, while he also identified Senator Bukola Saraki as the Senate President.

When asked to identify Tinubu, he said, “Oh, Bola? Bola is supposed to be the leader of the APC. I don’t know the position of his leadership as you and I are talking.”

In the interview, which seemed to have been recorded before he openly endorsed the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abibakar, the former President said he had hoped that Atiku would succeed him as President in 2007.

Obasanjo said this was the reason he gave Atiku a lot of responsibilities but his former deputy made some wrong decisions.

“Atiku didn’t want to become even a Vice President (in 1999). He was elected as a governor,” he recalled.

He, however, said his plan was to mentor Atiku to be his successor but his former deputy failed him.

Obasanjo added, “My plan was that he would be given a lot of work to do domestically and Atiku even used to complain that I gave him too much work to do, which was intentional because I wanted him to get to know things.

“My second term was that having prepared him for domestic issues, I would want him to represent Nigeria for one year at the African Union, Economic Community of West African States and the United Nations for a year so that he would be fully prepared, but the first thing I found out was that his judgement was not right on many occasions.”

The former President, who insisted that Buhari had not done well in government, said as a watchman, he would continue to speak up when things were going wrong.

He said there was the need for Nigerians, especially the youth, to elect leaders that could fit into a “digital 21st century post-modern era rather than electing analogue personalities.”

On the Boko Haram crisis, Obasanjo said after he left office in 2007, his successor (late Umaru Yar’Adua) mismanaged the issue, which caused the group to become terrorists.

Obasanjo said had he been President at the time, Boko Haram would not have become what it is today.

He recalled that in 2011, with the permission of former President Goodluck Jonathan, he visited the family of Boko Haram founder, Mohammed Yusuf, and other aggrieved persons in the terrorist group and they explained why they were carrying out attacks.

The former President added, “In 2011, I went to Maiduguri. This was after Boko Haram had attacked the UN building in Abuja and I just wanted to know who they were and if they had leaders and what their grievances were.

“I found out that these elements of Boko Haram had been there even while I was in government. And they, through their intermediary, said they were there and I didn’t disturb them so they didn’t disturb me.

“They were preaching Sharia and that was what they wanted. But, according to them, when I left government, they were being chased and haunted and they lost a number of their adherents and they decided to fight back and even the leader of their sect, Mohammed Yusuf, was killed and his in-law was also killed.

“They went to court to try and get compensation which was granted to them but the state government did not pay.”

News via Gistmore - https://gistmore.com/dont-know-tinubus-position-in-apc-obasanjo

Lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by OgaGist: 12:51am On Oct 20, 2018
Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by socialmediaman: 1:08am On Oct 20, 2018
Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by bluecircle470: 1:11am On Oct 20, 2018
Baba the Oracle has spoken!

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by selfwife(f): 3:52am On Oct 20, 2018
As Bahubali is to India,Tinubu is to APC.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by Willy7(m): 4:27am On Oct 20, 2018
May God deliver us from poor judgments that would scuttle our chances of success. Honestly I'm deeply touched by his submission about Atiku. I got a whole lot of message from that. As for Tinubu, he is the owner of Lagos and its political structure.And by extention some SW states. His position is well spelled out, except OBJ just wanted to feign ignorance. God help the Nigeria electorates in her choice of president next year. Personally I'm troubled.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by googlepikins: 5:11am On Oct 20, 2018
Tinubu is just there trying to feel important.

Fulanis deceived him in 1st term obviously they will deceive him again in 2nd half.

61 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by Sagamaje(m): 5:28am On Oct 20, 2018
Media Cows where at thou grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by MrAJQ(m): 6:09am On Oct 20, 2018
googlepikins:
I told people that Buhari ideology is the same thing with Boko Haram(sharia)

He lost the ordinary sense, the common sense is far away from him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by MrAJQ(m): 6:10am On Oct 20, 2018
They are old but shameless, maybe old age sha.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by IamD18: 6:58am On Oct 20, 2018
He's the master and god of sophisticated moronic slaves.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by baliyubla: 7:05am On Oct 20, 2018
Thiefnibu is such a foolish man. Fulani man carry National Leader (whatever that means) title dash am, come d play am like koso.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by Zimmermann(m): 7:22am On Oct 20, 2018
His position is: APC Stalwart, Office of the Accursed Slave & Useful Idiot, South West chapter grin grin grin,

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by Shortyy(f): 7:23am On Oct 20, 2018
He's their godfather.
Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by CarGuideNG: 7:23am On Oct 20, 2018
Events unfolding

Planning to buy a car? Already bought one without a history report? You may have purchased a car with all kinds of dangerous damage history viz accidents and collisions, flood or water damage, theft and vandalism, mileage and odometer rollback, or more. Get in touch for your Premium V I N reports right away! Protect your auto assets and investments! Check the signature!
Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by akeentech(m): 7:23am On Oct 20, 2018
He's a kingmaker

8 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by millionboi2: 7:23am On Oct 20, 2018
Even me am confused.

Jagaban just don't know how to quit.

7 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by ArmaniUhuru: 7:23am On Oct 20, 2018
Baba we are as confuse as you are. cheesy cheesy

I see him as a party floor member, but zombies are saying he is leader to both the president and national chairman. Them dey confuse everybody.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by dazzlingd(m): 7:24am On Oct 20, 2018
Why the sudden silence of calculators and bobirsky since the lord of the iPob jews showed up.

Give us referendum
Give us biafra
Give us VP
Calculate 2019
Oh sorry gives us nlamdi kanu, no sorry we meant erection, no sorry keep the VP

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by PUSSYBOY2: 7:24am On Oct 20, 2018
Sharaap old fool , An average South westerner respect Tinubu than you OBJ, everybody knows Tinubu's role except for this old fool OBJ, as long as Tinubu stand with APC 70% yoruba will vote APC. OBJ is nothing in the South West region.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by thatigboman: 7:24am On Oct 20, 2018
1st time i will ever agree with obasanjo. And that's because i have been asking the same question myself. What post does tinubu hold in APC? He is just a floor member. He is not even a ward delegate.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by efilefun(m): 7:25am On Oct 20, 2018
To be frank Obj is just pained Tinubu rendered him partially useless in SW politics, even while in PDP, his state was being controlled by Tinubu. Tinubu was the only governor he couldn't opress with federal might while in power.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by cogbuagu: 7:26am On Oct 20, 2018
H
Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by Sweetcollins: 7:27am On Oct 20, 2018
Tinubu is father General of ekoe

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by Odobaone: 7:28am On Oct 20, 2018
His greatest rival

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 20, 2018
this obj seems to be getting very dumb with age.

tinubu occupy the house boy position in apc.

he is like that spare tire you keep in your car just for emergency.
you don't value him but he is always there to save you in times of need

6 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by kaen1317: 7:28am On Oct 20, 2018
Tinubus position is slave. No need for Atiku to waste money campaigning. He can just enter his house and be sleeping and will still wake up to be presidemt

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by Olukat(m): 7:28am On Oct 20, 2018
OBJ is right
What is Tinubu's position in APC?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by kazeeyoung(m): 7:29am On Oct 20, 2018
Baba U know Google.com? Type Tinubu google will provide better answer...
Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by sureheaven(m): 7:30am On Oct 20, 2018
Tinubu is the National leader of the APC. shocked

3 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo by fasho01(m): 7:30am On Oct 20, 2018
Baba! Always forming holier than thou. He must be deluded to think he is the best thing to have happened to Nigeria.

Anyways on the Jagaban issue, I agree with him. What does his portfolio mean sef? The northerners had made jest of it post election period to undermine his influence but now for election purposes, his ego is being massaged again..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Won The Election: PDP Rejects Bola Tinubu's Victory / Olusegun Bamgbose On Greenfield: We’ll Shut Down Aso Rock If Students Are Killed / Buhari Not Likely To Be Moved By NBA's Threat- The Cable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.