Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,478 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free (31116 Views)

Second Niger Bridge Opens To Traffic Tomorrow, Fashola Does Final Inspection / The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) / This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 20, 2018
AutoReportNG:
It is no longer news that the days of Gov Akinwunmi Ambode as the executive governor of Lagos state are numbered. Having lost out at the primaries, he has resorted to fate to end his tenure 29th May 2019.

This is one government that has come under heavy criticisms both from Nigerians and even his party for neglecting some basic works like environment, roads etc. While we respect these submissions and we accept the general outcry that Lagos is truly dirty. Away from that, it will be wicked to throw the bath water with the baby.

AutoReportNG decided to take a look at the top 3 roads Gov. Ambode was able to transform from being a traffic prone-road into a flawless and traffic-free road. Please note that this is not a sponsored post, we just felt it is our obligation to report facts from figures.

1. Iyana Oworo by Third Mainland Bridge

[img]https://2.bp..com/-bBo6phU6Z68/W8p1RYJnkLI/AAAAAAAAVN4/oKQFNS7dxtYky5H6YCPZBtsHNptwIHrmwCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Roads_Iyana_001_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

One of the traffic-prone axis in Lagos is Iyana Oworo Bus-Stop. This is one of the many roads that give drivers headache, it was so bad that the former Lagos state governor tried to curb this menace by eradicating all the Danfos but the more he tried, the stronger they returned. For those who are used to this road, the danfos used to drop the passengers on the road and this used to block the flow of traffic that it stretched all through to the already blocked Third Mainland Bridge. When Gov. Ambode came into power, he was able to access the bridge and study the terrain and his team introduces segregated Bus Park and the lay-bays first at Iyana-Oworo.

The lay-bys at Iyana Oworo which greatly reduced traffic faced by motorists descending the ever busy Third Mainland Bridge seems to be the magic the road yarns for.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-PcTPjcVpUJ0/W8p1dOonogI/AAAAAAAAVOE/e8SJK0qYsy06iJCIuZ_aajEJG1rjkI4-wCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Roads_Iyana_003_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

2. The Lekki Bottle Necks

[img]https://3.bp..com/-JuvoKcPtbM0/W8p1r9yNsvI/AAAAAAAAVOU/cNX84Gv_wlQtQxOEVnNOAPuKNaXhAyjMACLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Lekki_001_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

For those whose routes are Lekki, Ikate, VGC, Ajah, you will attest to the fact that the bottlenecks at Lekki roundabout, Ikate, Lamgbasa are nothing but senseless, meaningless and serve no purpose. Due to these bottlenecks around this route, traffic used to stretch right from House on the Rock Bus Stop at Ikate all through Lekki Round-About. The government decides to remove the bottlenecks at Jakande and Chisco roundabouts in Ikate Elegushi axis of the state as part of effort to reduce travel time on the Lekki – Epe expressway. Just like the Midas touch, after the removal, the traffic at this axis has reduced drastically. According to reports, six roundabouts were removed including Ikate, Chisco, Jakande, Igbo Efon, Chevron and Victoria Garden City (VGC) and these make the road free from traffic.

The road now has been fixed with traffic lights which aid in traffic movement.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-P4V90UVLUbc/W8p11SPPVNI/AAAAAAAAVOs/6SecrktGu0QIC-CMOXrNVWm0nWTGUm_ggCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Lekki_004_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

3. The Building of Ojodu-Berger Laybys And Slip Road

[img]https://4.bp..com/-cj7U7X9yKr8/W8p2GEj3EHI/AAAAAAAAVPA/gqUlIpI5u0UKAfEVI1yYn4NmXOcLgULVwCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Berger_002_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Ojodu-Berger is the gateway road for those arriving Lagos, after leaving the OPIC plaza, your next point of call is Ojodu Berger, buses from different states use this spot to drop their passengers who may want to board buses which are closer to their various locations. The problem with this axis is that people tend to cross the road to the other side which has caused deaths, traffic and also untoil sufferings for those coming into Lagos and those going outside the state.

At the inception of this administration in May 2015, the traffic situation at the Ojodu Berger axis was one of the challenges that were identified as one requiring urgent attention. With the construction of the Pedestrian Bridges, Laybys And Slip on this road, traffic has reduced drastically to a minimum rate.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-PI7lNFmuBMw/W8p2UiM4odI/AAAAAAAAVPI/jdmlW1NBQnAATxe-Mlthc4gJ-8APBnQegCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Berger_004_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/10/top-3-roads-gov-ambode-transformed-from.html

Well Tinubu miscreants thinks otherwise.
Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by CHARLOE(m): 6:53am On Oct 20, 2018
It will be a tragedy if d new gov of Lagos does not continue with this beautiful idea of LRU; more pics

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by hayorrex123(m): 6:55am On Oct 20, 2018
Makamuanwuo:
Sorry who is Ambode
the Man that roast plantain at inside total filling station ojota...# see question
Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by delerx(m): 6:56am On Oct 20, 2018
Eyan gbo gbo wa
wellmax:
Add Abule Egba to that list.

That place used to be terrible every day and a nightmare on Sundays, all that is history now
Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by principal21(m): 6:58am On Oct 20, 2018
ednut1:
and bus stops grin
plus overhead bridges upandan and craters called potholes everywhere!!!
Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by jayson87: 7:13am On Oct 20, 2018
Deomelo please read this. Ambo is a Performer.... This is good governance

FASH your friend is a failure
Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 20, 2018
[quote author=tokrizy post=72245647] shocked

SACK this motherfvcker called AMBODE.

In LAGOS I'm sure traffic can hold AIRPLANE..

only in Lagos u will be travelling from MAINLAND to ISLAND because of traffic.

only in Lagos you go to work around 5am to beat traffic but u will still get to work around 10am for the same traffic reason.

life in Lagos is just so terrible

only in Lagos you will see a bike man dragging road with TANKERS.

where I take weak for Lagos na when TRAFFIC hold me when I dey TRECK.

Lagos is the centre of TRAFFIC.

IF U KNOW U KNOW.

lagosians dey try sha

omo eh... i hate the town die... office transfer me here shaa.. i no get choie
Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by Kayharry(m): 7:23am On Oct 20, 2018
U need to add abule egba
Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by God2man(m): 7:30am On Oct 20, 2018
C'est dommage
Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by linknewnet: 7:31am On Oct 20, 2018
Urban rail transit system refers to the transportation system that USES vehicles in the city to operate on the fixed rail and is mainly used for urban passenger transport.In the Chinese national standard terms of common terms of urban public transport, urban rail transit is defined as "the general term of fast and large mass transit, [url]WS-C3560CX-12PC-S[/url]which is usually powered by electric power and adopts wheel and rail transport mode".
https://linknewnet.com/Cisco/Cisco-Catalyst-3560-Series-Switches/WS-C3560CX-12PC-S.html
Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by Basher8583: 7:35am On Oct 20, 2018
tokrizy:
shocked

only in Lagos you go to work around 5am to beat traffic but u will still get to work around 10am for the same traffic reason.

IF U KNOW U KNOW.

lagosians dey try sha

Wow. This is exactly correct.
And you no the worst part....
1. Every corps member that just passed out of NYSC is relocating straight to Lagos.
2. Every barga wants to drive a car even though solid transportation is available like BRT and water ways ferry (You know the area Im refering to).

3. And finally, For every Igbo that moves to lagos he/she will bring 10 more from his village. And guess what they have no idea what to do in lagos. They are just hoping to be mysteriously blessed by Lagos. If you dont believ me about the igbo migration thing wait till December and see the freedom of moving around in Lagos

Lagos is not the only place in Nigeria where people make it in life.
Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by AmazingELixir: 7:43am On Oct 20, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Not part of the masterplan grin

undecided

Which master plan... have you ever sighted the so called master plan...?

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 20, 2018
tokrizy:
shocked

IF U KNOW U KNOW.

lagosians dey try sha

Accurate af grin

I'm so glad to be leaving abeg
Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by dasauce(m): 7:49am On Oct 20, 2018
wellmax:
Add Abule Egba to that list.

That place used to be terrible every day and a nightmare on Sundays, all that is history now

Fashola started Abule Egba road..and it was about 50% completion as at handing over

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by EniiT: 7:51am On Oct 20, 2018
Makamuanwuo:
Sorry who is Ambode
so out of how many roads in Lagos we are supposed to be celebrating 3. Oga pls stop this. Pls. We are d ones suffering from the governor's incompetence. Rather than trying to justify nonsense or giving excuses or blaming imaginary enemies; let him do the needful. We are not so hard to please. Nigerians will hail him tomorrow if he manages to work on major roads. Isolo. Iyana Ipaja. Badagry. Egbeda.Festac. Pls. Stop looking for excuses. Pls just stop

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by Lexusgs430: 7:52am On Oct 20, 2018
AmazingELixir:

undecided

Which master plan... have you ever sighted the so called master plan...?

Lagos state has a masterplan, 100% ........ Is it been followed or fair ?
Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by Housing(m): 7:54am On Oct 20, 2018
Iyana lay by was possible because of Fashola as Minister of Works, the then Federal Government prevented it happening then.
Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by Splasshhh(f): 7:58am On Oct 20, 2018
undecided
Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by Housing(m): 8:01am On Oct 20, 2018
Ambode failed to maintain Ikorodu road claiming it was a federal road, but work on Abeokuta Express (Abule Egba). Mile 12 to Ojota filled with potholes and without working street lights at night. While the he was busy constructing bus stops. He is too greedy not ready to complete ongoing projects he met. Thank God he is going
Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by AmazingELixir: 8:15am On Oct 20, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Lagos state has a masterplan, 100% ........ Is it been followed or fair ?

Every city has a master plan....what is taking place in Lagos state doesn't come close to that plan....BRT on ikorodu road was Fashola's creation and Ambode is in the process of creating his own BRT plan along Lagos Abeokuta road.

The only project that falls in line with the original plan is the rail network started by Jakande which is in its in comatose
Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by sleekdre: 8:17am On Oct 20, 2018
ednut1:
Number 2 is false. Solved nothing sad. Still takes 2 hours or more from ajah to VI in the mornings. Rubbish
My friend keep quiet!! Its people like you that drive with impatience and recklessness on that road. If we all follow the lane markings and maintain the number of lanes it's designed for and in order, the traffic will flow. But NO, people keep switching lanes with slightest provocation. That's the main cause of the traffic. Try driving through the alternative route via chevron. The traffic flows because MAD people don't follow that route as there is no room for one-way and recklessness driving. Have a good day.
Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by slimjohn2k5: 8:17am On Oct 20, 2018
If u want be remembered in Lagos you won't spend billions as a governor.

Just fix traffic
Fix bad roads
Handle waste

Then the people will ask you to come for third term
Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by Lexusgs430: 8:21am On Oct 20, 2018
AmazingELixir:

Every city has a master plan....what is taking place in Lagos state doesn't come close to that plan....BRT on ikorodu road was Fashola's creation and Ambode is in the process of creating his own BRT plan along Lagos Abeokuta road.

The only project that falls in line with the original plan is the rail network started by Jakande which is in its in comatose

You asked if Lagos state had a masterplan ? I stated yes ........

It looks like you are now contradicting yourself or arguing with yourself...........
Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by ednut1(m): 8:24am On Oct 20, 2018
sleekdre:

My friend keep quiet!! Its people like you that drive with impatience and recklessness on that road. If we all follow the lane markings and maintain the number of lanes it's designed for and in order, the traffic will flow. But NO, people keep switching lanes with slightest provocation. That's the main cause of the traffic. Try driving through the alternative route via chevron. The traffic flows because MAD people don't follow that route as there is no room for one-way and recklessness driving. Have a good day.
are u done
Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by greatman247(m): 8:26am On Oct 20, 2018
Makamuanwuo:
Sorry who is Ambode

Pele... Who are you? At least we still know who Ambo is... We don't know your existence and generation ever exist. Get sense.
Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by greatman247(m): 8:31am On Oct 20, 2018
dasauce:

Fashola started Abule Egba road..and it was about 50% completion as at handing over

You lied... Abule Egba was hell for traffic before Ambode transformed. I used to drive in that area almost daily during Fashola era and I went through hell then. Also I stay close to the area and I know what I'm saying. Pls say what you know and also give credit to who its due. Yes fashola worked too, such a great man. But you also have to give Ambode that credit.
Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by AmazingELixir: 8:36am On Oct 20, 2018
Lexusgs430:

You asked if Lagos state had a masterplan ? I stated yes ........

It looks like you are now contradicting yourself or arguing with yourself...........

Perhaps you misconstrue the original import of my question, the emphases are on the projects listed on this thread...if you're quick to state that the bus stops currently being constructed by Ambode are not in line with your so-called master plan....the 3 projects captured are they part of any grand master plan....?
Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by front4line: 8:58am On Oct 20, 2018
Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by Lexusgs430: 9:03am On Oct 20, 2018
AmazingELixir:

Perhaps you misconstrue the original import of my question, the emphases are on the projects listed on this thread...if you're quick to state that the bus stops currently being constructed by Ambode are not in line with your so-called master plan....the 3 projects captured are they part of any grand master plan....?

You see so....... I never mentioned bus stops.........
Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by AmazingELixir: 9:12am On Oct 20, 2018
Lexusgs430:

You see so....... I never mentioned bus stops.........

undecided

The young man you quoted what was it about....plane stop?
Re: Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free by neurojosh(m): 9:15am On Oct 20, 2018
pol23:
I used to like Ambode... But his Cowardness stinks.
cowardice**

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fire Breaks Out In Ajah, Lagos (video) / UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban / The Golden Tulip Hotel In Anambra: 12 Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.