Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand (6439 Views)

Questions For Budaatum: How Can You Follow Jesus Without Believing In Him? / Pastor Igwe Ognonnaya Gets Car Gift After Obeying God & Sacrificed His Cars / Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 20, 2018
There's a gospel being spread around the world, by people who claim to be followers of Jesus, that to believe in Jesus you do not need to obey his words, but this is what Jesus himself, who they claim to be their Lord, said:

"And every one that
heareth these
sayings of mine, and
doeth them not, shall
be likened unto a
foolish man, which built his house upon
the sand: And the rain
descended, and the
floods came, and the
winds blew, and beat
upon that house; and
it fell: and great was the fall of it."
Mt 7:26-27.(KJV).

This is what Jesus himself said, therefore you must be wary of such people and such gospels which they preach, for their gospel is like the sand, and believing it is like building your house upon the sand, and only a foolish man would do that as Jesus himself said. Therefore be wise for it's Jesus alone who will determine who gets into eternal life and who doesn't and no one else, so that you don't build a house that ends up crashing into hell. They say, "A word is enough for the wise".
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 5:18am On Oct 21, 2018
Jesus said:

"...I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto
the Father, but by
me."
Jn 14:6.(KJV)

So let the words of Jesus be "The Truth", and that of any one which contradicts his words a lie.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by alBHAGDADI: 6:48am On Oct 21, 2018
After you got beaten blue black in the other thread, you decided to open this shallow thread. No one is saying people shouldn't obey the commandments of Jesus Christ. What we are simply saying is that eternal salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ alone and not of works of righteousness.

Ephesians 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of WORKS , lest any man should boast.

You see, if you have faith in Jesus Christ and you fail to do works, your faith will still be counted as a righteousness and you will have eternal life.

Romans 4:5

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

But you liars have deceived mankind that sin will prevent them from entering heaven. You forget that it is unbelief in Jesus that condemns people. For we are all sinners, but believe in Christ sets us apart.

John 3:18

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

You people believe you can save yourself by not sinning, yet you sin everyday. You are condemned already because you failed to believe in Jesus as the only one that can save you from your sins. You don't know the road to heaven, yet you believe you can get there on your own. You believe works of righteousness is what gets you saved. Then why did Jesus die?

The thief on the cross did no WORKS, yet he went to paradise. That's because he believed in Jesus. He was a terrible sinner who deserved to rot in hell, but because Jesus saw that he believed he has a kingdom, he promised to remember him when he gets there. BELIEVE worked for the sinful thief. Jesus himself even said that the Works we are to do is to simply BELIEVE in Jesus.

John 6:28-29

Then they asked him, 'What must we do to do the works of God?' Jesus answered them, 'This is the WORK of God, that you BELIEVE in him whom he has sent.

You lack believe that Jesus alone will save you, that's why you are going about thinking your not sinning is what will save you. You are doing the wrong work.

Once you believe in Jesus, you have everlasting life.

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by paxonel(m): 6:53am On Oct 21, 2018
jesusjnr:
There's a gospel being spread around the world, by people who claim to be followers of Jesus, that to believe in Jesus you do not need to obey his words, but this is what Jesus, who they claim to be their Lord, said: "And every one that
heareth these
sayings of mine, and
doeth them not, shall
be likened unto a
descended, and the
floods came, and the
winds blew, and beat
upon that house; and
Mt 7:26-27.(KJV). This is what Jesus himself said, therefore you must be wary of such people and such gospels which they preach, for their gospel is like the sand, and believing it is like building your house upon the sand, and only a foolish man would do that as Jesus himself said. Therefore be wise for it's Jesus alone who will determine who gets into eternal life and who doesn't and no one else, so that you don't build a house that ends up crashing into hell. They say, "A word is enough for the wise".
my friend go to school, stop preaching it does not fit you cheesy

Look at the way you are misquoting scriptures now.

Obeying which of the word?
Be specific you cannot .

What was the exact word christ told his disciples in matthew 7 you quoted?
You dont know

Yet you are quick to take the matthew 7 to quote for your hungry belle.

Very soon people like you will want to start church and continue deceiving people with this your fake doctrine and make money from their head. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by alBHAGDADI: 7:02am On Oct 21, 2018
paxonel:
my friend go to school, stop preaching it does not fit you cheesy

Look at the way you are misquoting scriptures now.

Obeying which of the word?
Be specific you cannot
Don't mind him. That's how false teachers operate. They mix lies with unclear teachings.

2 Likes

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by alBHAGDADI: 7:04am On Oct 21, 2018
jesusjnr:
Jesus said: "...I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto
the Father, but by
me."
Jn 14:6.(KJV) So let the words of Jesus be "The Truth", and that of any one which contradicts his words a lie.
You are a big sick joke. You quoted a verse without even understanding that it speaks against your teaching.

The verse says no one cometh to the Father except through Jesus. Yet you believe that it also includes through not sinning as well. Is that written in the verse?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by paxonel(m): 7:05am On Oct 21, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Don't mind him. That's how false teachers operate. They mix lies with unclear teachings.
it is only ignorant people who cannot perceive their devilish pranks they can deceive grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by paxonel(m): 7:08am On Oct 21, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
You are a big sick joke. You quoted a verse without even understanding that it speaks against your teaching.

The verse says no one cometh to the Father except through Jesus. Yet you believe that it also includes through not sinning as well. Is that written in the verse?
imagine the error.
He thinks no one can detect this grin grin

1 Like

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 21, 2018
The anti-christs are here already, and a thread that's been establised on the basis of the words of Jesus, is what they've called a shallow thread, to prove that they're in truth "the wolves that come in sheep clothing" that Jesus talked about, but as he also said "by their fruits you shall know them".

I didn't know who they were but God revealed to me that i shouldn't waste the word of His Kingdom on them, and i thanked him for that when i got to see what he really meant. Hence i stopped wasting such heavenly treasures on them.

So this is not meant for such a one who's proven himself to have something very personal against the obedience of the words of Jesus that he's not told us about, but only meant for those who are wise according to that saying of Jesus, who would not only claim they believe in Jesus but also keep his words. For this are not my own words or that of one his twelve disciples or even Paul etc., but this is Jesus the master himself speaking.

Therefore be as the wise man and not the foolish man in his words.

1 Like

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by alBHAGDADI: 8:11am On Oct 21, 2018
jesusjnr:
The anti-christs are here already, and a thread that's been establised on the basis of the words of Jesus, is what they've called a shallow thread, to prove that they're in truth "the wolves that come in sheep clothing" that Jesus talked about, but as he also said "by their fruits you shall know them". I didn't know who they were but God revealed to me that i shouldn't waste the word of His Kingdom on them, and i thanked him for that when i got to see what he really meant. Hence i stopped wasting such heavenly treasures on them so this is not meant for such a one who's proven himself to have something very personal against the obedience of the words of Jesus that he's not told us about, but only meant for those who are wise according to that saying of Jesus, who would not only claim they believe in Jesus but also keep his words. For this is not my own words or that of one his disciples as Paul etc., but this is Jesus the master himself speaking. So be as the wise man and not the foolish man in his words.

You are not a Christian but an imposter.

How can a Christian be afraid of engaging in debates? How will you now be able to face demons?

You opened a thread but got busted on it. Instead of defending your stance, you decided to say you don't want to waste the word of God on dogs. That's a cheap escape route. If you truly have the word of God, you will share it, not for the sake of those you dislike but for the sake of other readers. You will share it for them to see a strong argument and therefore pick side.

2 Likes

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 21, 2018
I repeat it just incase there's someone out there who hasn't yet heard, any one who calls Jesus Lord, Lord, and claims to a believer in Jesus, but doesn't keep his words is as a foolish man who builds his house on sand, just as my master Jesus had said, so let the devil and any of his agents here who are so afraid of his words, let them burn to blazes in hell. But as for me, myself, and i, it's the obedience and the preaching of the words of Jesus my master till i meet with him in heaven. So Satan you can rot in hell for all i care.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 21, 2018
Do not be as the foolish man who builds his house upon the sand for the house will eventually crash into hell
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 12:35am On Oct 22, 2018
A reminder not to be as foolish man that builds his house upon the sand.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 12:57am On Oct 22, 2018
jesusjnr:
There's a gospel being spread around the world, by people who claim to be followers of Jesus, that to believe in Jesus you do not need to obey his words, but this is what Jesus, who they claim to be their Lord, said: "And every one that
heareth these
sayings of mine, and
doeth them not, shall
be likened unto a
descended, and the
floods came, and the
winds blew, and beat
upon that house; and
Mt 7:26-27.(KJV). This is what Jesus himself said, therefore you must be wary of such people and such gospels which they preach, for their gospel is like the sand, and believing it is like building your house upon the sand, and only a foolish man would do that as Jesus himself said. Therefore be wise for it's Jesus alone who will determine who gets into eternal life and who doesn't and no one else, so that you don't build a house that ends up crashing into hell. They say, "A word is enough for the wise".
This was the sermon on my radio today. Many say "believe", but forget the "do my will". They become Jesus and decide buda is going to hell like they are god. I shake my head of course, since I like it hot. In fact, winter has arrived so I can do with the heat. If only they could send me there now!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 22, 2018
budaatum:

This was the sermon on my radio today. Many say "believe", but forget the "do my will". They become Jesus and decide buda is going to hell like they are god. I shake my head of course, since I like it hot. In fact, winter has arrived so I can do with the heat. If only they could send me there now!
If you thought it was going to be that easy to deceive me into thinking that you were a real devil, then you really underestimated my ability to detect real devils from the fake ones. I like it hot blah blah blah pretending to be the deceiver himself, if you like keep deceiving yourself and those who can't detect such, but to me you are such a terrible actor, for a satan wannabe.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 9:44am On Oct 22, 2018
jesusjnr:
If you thought it was going to be that easy to deceive me into thinking that you were a real devil, then you really underestimated my ability to detect real devils from the fake ones. I like it hot blah blah blah pretending to be the deceiver himself, if you like keep deceiving yourself and those who can't detect such, but to me you are such a terrible actor, for a satan wannabe.
Ok, you may accept I'm a satan wannabe. I've been here awhile and doubt satan itself comes here at all. I haven't seen it so let me do. I just might be the closest to a devil you'd get. And I do like hot! You should see how thick my duvee is!

1 Like

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 22, 2018
budaatum:

Ok, you may accept I'm a satan wannabe. I've been here awhile and doubt satan itself comes here at all. I haven't seen it so let me do. I just might be the closest to a devil you'd get. And I do like hot! You should see how thick my duvee is!
Don't you think if i'm able to detect the fake from the real thing that i should be able to tell the real one when i see or hear one? Maybe i should let you sort out yourself first because you don't even sound sure if what i'm saying is baseless or false, and yet you feel that's enough reason for you to rule out my verified claims. Believing in Jesus without the obedience of his words is building a house on the sand. "He that hath ears, let him hear."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 5:34pm On Oct 22, 2018
jesusjnr:
Don't you think if i'm able to detect the fake from the real thing that i should be able to tell the real one when i see or hear one? Maybe i should let you sort out yourselve first because you don't even sound sure if what i'm saying is baseless or false, and yet you feel that's enough reason for you to rule out my verified claims. Believing in Jesus without the obedience of his words is building a house on the sand. "He that hath ears, let him hear."
There are many in the gospels who believed in Jesus but did not do his will, but people do keep telling me "believe" is the important thing. I call them "lord lord" people who practise "lordism" and ask them why that pagan worshipping Samaritan may qualify before the Levite and Priest.

Personally, teeth gnashing is what comes to my mind, and "do I know you?" But I guess I don't qualify, or at least so I am told despite the many mansions.

Maybe I should let you sort me out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 22, 2018
budaatum:

There are many in the gospels who believed in Jesus but did not do his will, but people do keep telling me "believe" is the important thing. I call them "lord lord" people who practise "lordism" and ask them why that pagan worshipping Samaritan may qualify before the Levite and Priest.

Personally, teeth gnashing is what comes to my mind, and "do I know you?" But I guess I don't qualify, or at least so I am told despite the many mansions.

Maybe I should let you sort me out.
Hmm you see why you are such a terrible satan wannabe? Because you can only be useful to God and that your point about the samaritan proves me right, for that was absolutely spot on. See you should keep deceiving yourself that you love the heat and trying to be like satan, for satan who i know would never say a thing like that. So i suggest you try something different instead, you know like...eh you love the feeling of the Holy Spirit in your bones!

1 Like

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 10:06pm On Oct 22, 2018
jesusjnr:
Hmm you see why you are such a terrible satan wannabe? Because you can only be useful to God and that your point about the samaritan proves me right, for that was absolutely spot on. See you should keep deceiving yourself that you love the heat and trying to be like satan, for satan who i know would never say a thing like that. So i suggest you try something different instead, you know like...eh you love the feeling of the Holy Spirit in your bones!
Trust me when I tell you not many would agree with you on this. You ask some and they'd tell you I'm very close to being the chief devil on here the number of times I've poopoed their "believing" but not giving a damn about "my will".

Anyway, you're new here. Hang around awhile, and you'd see. Perhaps my new sheepskin fits too well. Meanwhile, I'm gonna try really hard not to like you junior jesus.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 23, 2018
budaatum:

Trust me when I tell you not many would agree with you on this. You ask some and they'd tell you I'm very close to being the chief devil on here the number of times I've poopoed their "believing" but not giving a damn about "my will".

Anyway, you're new here. Hang around awhile, and you'd see. Perhaps my new sheepskin fits too well. Meanwhile, I'm gonna try really hard not to like you junior jesus.
Well what do you expect when you've have been tryin very hard to take on the devil's role all this while? It's like with the movies where some people yet adjudge the actors in real life by the roles they take on in the movies despite that they're just acting the role, so perhaps what distinguishes me in that respect from such ones, is the ability to tell the difference. But i've told you earlier to switch, as that role doesn't fit you at all, but it seems you really love the role as you refused to heed. So how can you claim to like me if you do not what i say? wink
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 23, 2018
the problem is that many do not know what salvation mean. they think it's just to confess that Jesus is Lord or Jesus is my saviour or Jesus died for me no!
salvation is an experience, an encounter. people don't want to hear about God's laws or accept it, they don't want to hear how sin has terrible consequences that lead to everlasting torment in the lake of fire, they don't want to know about their depraved condition and inability to change it, they don't want to really know God and his demand but Our God is a consuming fire!
salvation is not about dieing and then go to heaven or avoid hell.
many who are trying to avoid hell and make heaven will find themselves in hell because they don't know God.
Salvation is in this life not on judgement day or when one die.
if you are not sure your are saved make sure instead of guessing or assuming.
Salvation involves be free from the penalty of sin through the blood of Christ.
Salvation involves justification
Salvation involves regeneration as a result of been a spiritually transformed person (being bornagain)

All these are God's work

salvation is also progressive in the life of the saved and futuristic in which Jesus comes to receive those who had been preserved perfect and blameless.

2 Likes

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 3:38pm On Oct 23, 2018
jesusjnr:
Well what do you expect when you've have been tryin very hard to take on the devil's role all this while? It's like with the movies where some people yet adjudge the actors in real life by the roles they take on in the movies despite that they're just acting the role, so perhaps what distinguishes me in that respect from such ones, is the ability to tell the difference. But i've told you earlier to switch, as that role doesn't fit you at all, but it seems you really love the role as you refused to heed. So how can you claim to like me if you do not what i say? wink
Oh good. Can't like you then. I hardly ever take instructions from others. Too much of a free minded individual is me. Like the "telling the difference" though. You will meet some characters on here.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2018
solite3:
the problem is that many do not know what salvation mean. they think it's just to confess that Jesus is Lord or Jesus is my saviour or Jesus died for me no!
So its not just about the cross, or mere "believing" as some claim?
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 23, 2018
budaatum:

Oh good. Can't like you then. I hardly ever take instructions from others. Too much of a free minded individual is me. Like the "telling the difference" though. You will meet some characters on here.
Com'on Budaatum, from the little i've heard from you i thought you should be able grab what i implied. I mean i winked at you for crying out loud to show you that what i said wasn't literally what i meant. I still think you have the capacity to figure it out without my help though. Having said that it's your God-given right to choose whichever path you want to go, if God the creator gave you that right then who am i to take it from you. I only made a suggestion to you but as i said at the end it's your call.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 23, 2018
solite3:
My best part.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 5:32pm On Oct 23, 2018
jesusjnr:
Com'on Budaatum, from the little i've heard from you i thought you should be able grab what i implied. I mean i winked at you for crying out loud to show you that what i said wasn't literally what i meant. I still think you have the capacity to figure it out without my help though. Having said that it's your God-given right to choose whichever path you want to go, if God the creator gave you that right then who am i to take it from you. I only made a suggestion to you but as i said at the end it's your call.
It's easy to miss a wink on here, or insert one where none exists, especially with written conversations. The number of arguments I've seen on here where people are saying the same thing yet disagree and argue, is immense. It's why one should be clear and unambiguous in meaning, and give the benefit of doubt, not only where what is actually said is concerned, but also in one's understanding too.

Whether "god gave" or self adopted, it is my call, I've found. "The devil made me do it" does not appear to be a valid excuse anymore. But then, neither should one subrogate one's responsibility to a god who asks one to "pick up one's responsibility", even if it ends with "and follow me".
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 23, 2018
budaatum:

So its not just about the cross, or mere "believing" as some claim?

it's because you have no encounter that is why the cross really do mean nothing to you. if you know God then you will understand that the only way for anyone to be saved is nothing but the blood Jesus shed on the cross.

it's about the cross from A-Z, there is no salvation in anywhere else apart from Jesus. The cross is where sin was destroyed and reconciliation was made, so that any who believe (trust) in Jesus would not perish but have eternal life. There is no other way to be saved.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 23, 2018
budaatum:

It's easy to miss a wink on here, or insert one where none exists, especially with written conversations. The number of arguments I've seen on here where people are saying the same thing yet disagree and argue, is immense. It's why one should be clear and unambiguous in meaning, and give the benefit of doubt, not only where what is actually said is concerned, but also in one's understanding too.

Whether "god gave" or self adopted, it is my call, I've found. "The devil made me do it" does not appear to be a valid excuse anymore. But then, neither should one subrogate one's responsibility to a god who asks one to "pick up one's responsibility", even if it ends with "and follow me".
Yeah! The complicated card. Ok i get the point.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 5:40am On Oct 24, 2018
Don't be foolish today!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 6:17am On Oct 24, 2018
solite3:

it's because you have no encounter that is why the cross really do mean nothing to you.
I guess I'm not one of the happy chosen few, thats why I have no encounter.

I guess it's a good thing I don't need saving. Imagine if I did and no encounter!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Third Eye: How To Activate Your Third Eye Through Darkness / Pics From Eckankar 2014 December Regional Seminar. / Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.