Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC (8855 Views)

Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting / Kwara APC Faction Writes INEC For Withdrawal Of Candidates' List / Our Candidates’ List For INEC Is Ready – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC by 2Ebisco: 9:29am On Oct 20, 2018
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says it will not extend the deadline for submission of list of candidates’ names by political parties for the 2019 general elections. The Chief Press Secretary to INEC Chairman, Mr Rotimi Oyekanmi disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Friday in Abuja. Oyekanmi said that the Commission had scheduled the submission of candidates’ names for the Presidential and National Assembly between Oct. 10 and Oct. 18, and deadline for the Governorship and State Assemblies election for Nov. 2, and there is no extension. “The Commission is following its timetable and schedule of activities for 2019 general elections. No extension of deadline for submission.” Rotimi, who was unable to give the precise number of political parties that met the deadline as at the time of filing this report, said “over 80 political parties made it but I am still waiting for the precise number.” NAN correspondent, who also visited the Aso Hall, International Conference Centre (ICC), Abuja, the venue of the submission after the deadline, reports that some officers of political parties, who got tallies on Wednesday night were still going through the submission process. A staff of the Commission, who pleaded anonymity, told NAN that given of tally to political parties stopped Thursday night. He said due to the last minutes rush by political parties, INEC staff, security officers and other personnel on duty at the venue were unable to go home. He said that they had reached about 70 out of over 80 political parties that had so far submitted their candidates’ list. He also confirmed that the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and major opposition party, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) had submitted their forms. NAN reports that as at 4p.m., on Friday some political parties’ representatives were seen in front of the hall waiting for their turn to submit their forms.

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/no-extension-of-deadline-for-submission.html

Re: No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC by forgiveness: 9:38am On Oct 20, 2018
Good one.
Re: No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC by rozayx5(m): 9:55am On Oct 20, 2018
Good zamfara done and dusted

cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC by ChrisMafian: 9:56am On Oct 20, 2018
Members of that looting party think we won't submit candidates in Zamfara, well get ready for a big surprise

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC by PassingShot(m): 9:56am On Oct 20, 2018
rozayx5:
Good zamfara done and dusted

cool
Na court go decide that one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC by crownson(m): 9:56am On Oct 20, 2018
But what is really holding from making the submission?
Re: No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC by ChrisMafian: 9:56am On Oct 20, 2018
Hhh
Re: No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC by Chizuru01(m): 9:58am On Oct 20, 2018
It is better I stand with Nnamdi Kanu than support politics which I know will be heavily rigged.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC by kiiingemmy(m): 9:59am On Oct 20, 2018
*Weekend Bonus*
Stand A Chance To Win Free ₦500 Airtime On AfriBaze.com.ng
*2 simple task*

*register if you don't have account*
*Go-to to your dashboard submit your phone number*

use these link for registration https://web.afribaze.com.ng/register
Re: No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC by arabbunkum: 10:07am On Oct 20, 2018
Let's see how the Zamfara case goes.
Re: No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC by Calyb(m): 10:07am On Oct 20, 2018
Atikulate on my mind.......

12 Likes

Re: No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:09am On Oct 20, 2018
Ok but hope they can stand by this decision when the storm starts.
Re: No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC by gratiaeo(m): 10:15am On Oct 20, 2018
We are waiting for APC in Zamfara state

1 Like

Re: No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC by Omeokachie: 10:27am On Oct 20, 2018
Zamfara nko?
Re: No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:30am On Oct 20, 2018
Ok. All the best to well meaning Nigerians as they decide at the poll.
Re: No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC by Abdulmusawa4(m): 10:32am On Oct 20, 2018

Re: No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC by Maket: 11:04am On Oct 20, 2018
No to all undue favoritism to our disloyal politician
Re: No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC by thatigboman: 11:14am On Oct 20, 2018
Calyb:
Atikulate on my mind.......
u are not alone
Re: No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC by jchioma: 11:47am On Oct 20, 2018
INEC is on course, APC's illegality nonetheless.

Hmmm! I can't wait for Failbuhari 2019 ...

Atiku/Obi is a goal!!!

1 Like

Re: No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC by CHRISDMANAGER(m): 12:36pm On Oct 20, 2018
I hope this is not for public jingo,INEC should not condone any further illegality from any political party ,most especially APC..
Re: No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC by Kaycee9242(m): 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2018
Dis table inec is shaking are dy aware dt zamfara APC are on it?
Re: No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC by rexwalters: 1:54pm On Oct 20, 2018
Chizuru01:
It is better I stand with Nnamdi Kanu than support politics which I know will be heavily rigged.
I hope you make money following your messiah Mr Follow Follow, and not end up like the pied piper and the Rodents or another Jim Jones tragedy?

(1) (Reply)

LAdoja Denies Being Rushed To UCH / Aisha Buhari: I Wish My Husband’s Cabinet Will Have 41.6% Women (video / PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.