Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,415 members, 7,808,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Anyone Here That Knows The Title Of This Book? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Anyone Here That Knows The Title Of This Book? (461 Views)

Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) / Who Knows The Title Of This Book? / I Forgot The Title Of This Book. Who Knows It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Here That Knows The Title Of This Book? by ihollarmide(m): 11:05am On Oct 20, 2018
Hello to everyone here. I will keep the story short as possible.

In 2006, I read a novella- a very interesting one at that. I'd like to read it again but I seem to have forgotten the correct title of the book as all the ones that has the same name after searching it online are different. I also don't remember the author and publisher. I will really appreciate any help rendered.

These are the vague details that I can still remember from the plot:

(1) A young man named Alani met a young,beautiful and friendly lady called Aduke at a Buka (Local Canteen).

(2) They fell in love and got married despite the fact that Alani's mother disliked Aduke for no notable or obvious reason.

(3) Alani's mother was always nagging about his wife Aduke and it finally got to a point that she labelled Aduke a witch.

(4) Alani's mother brought a lady from the village named Sade and forcefully married her to Alani.

(5) Despite all the troubles and challenges, Alani never ceased from loving and caring for Aduke.

(6)The new wife was a vile person and was always fighting with Aduke over petty things with the obvious support and backing of her mother-in-law

(7) The Household never experienced peace again.....The story goes on but these are the scanty details that I can remember about the book.

The name that keeps coming to my head is "Shattered Dreams" but all the Google search results point to other books with that name but different stories

1 Like

Re: Anyone Here That Knows The Title Of This Book? by Didilicious: 10:14am On Oct 21, 2018
The new wife and the mysterious pot of soup must be it love
Re: Anyone Here That Knows The Title Of This Book? by ihollarmide(m): 12:05pm On Oct 21, 2018
Didilicious:
The new wife and the mysterious pot of soup must be it love
It isn't. I checked it out.

(1) (Reply)

Dinner For Two-part 3 (18+) / Nigeria’s Unnerving Similarity To Orwell’s “animal Farm” / Mother-in-law - Episode 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.