Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Kanu Has Spoken With Me, Will Hold Press Conference Sunday, Says Lawyer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kanu Has Spoken With Me, Will Hold Press Conference Sunday, Says Lawyer (1065 Views)

Fani-kayode Hospitalised After DSS Grilling, Says Lawyer / Bishop Kukah: Buhari Should Have Spoken With Biden, Not US Secretary / Arotile: We Will Release Findings On Sunday, Says NAF (2) (3) (4)

Kanu Has Spoken With Me, Will Hold Press Conference Sunday, Says Lawyer by Ebullience(m): 1:24pm On Oct 20, 2018
… as hearing in Kanu’s case resumes Nov. 14

Ade Adesomoju, Abuja

A lawyer, Mr. Ifeanyi Ejiofor, who heads the legal team of the leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra, Mr. Nnamdi Kanu, said on Saturday that he has spoken with his client after a video clip of the IPOB leader praying in Jerusalem surfaced on the internet on Friday.

Ejiofor, in a statement on Saturday, confirmed that Kanu would address the public in a world press conference to be beamed live on Sunday to narrate “the shocking tale of how he made it alive”.

This came ahead of the November 14 scheduled for hearing in Kanu’s trial before the Federal High Court in Abuja.

Senator Eyinnaya Abaribe and others who stood bail sureties for the IPOB leader in April last year, are expected to return to the court presided by Justice Binta Nyako to show cause why they should not be made to lose their N100m bail bonds which they entered into to secure Kanu’s bail, if they are unable to produce the IPOB leader.

Also, a former Governor of Abia State, Orji Kalu, whom Ejiofor had caused to be summoned by the court for insisting that Kanu had escaped to London, is also expected in court at the next hearing date.

Kanu was being prosecuted by the Federal Government before the Federal High Court in Abuja before he went missing on September 14, 2017 following a military invasion of his home in Afara-Ukwu in Umuahia, Abia State.

The military invasion took place during the last year’s ‘Operation Python Dance II’ staged by the military to quell the agitation for the cessation of Republic of Biafra from Nigeria.

IPOB, had through a statement by its Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, confirmed on Friday that the person seen in the video was its leader at the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem, where he joined other faithful to offer prayers.

https://punchng.com/kanu-has-spoken-with-me-will-hold-press-conference-sunday-says-lawyer/

Re: Kanu Has Spoken With Me, Will Hold Press Conference Sunday, Says Lawyer by SarkinYarki: 1:26pm On Oct 20, 2018
Even punch is spreading this lie

Re: Kanu Has Spoken With Me, Will Hold Press Conference Sunday, Says Lawyer by baliyubla: 1:27pm On Oct 20, 2018
My own is Nigerians are waiting to here from Nnamdi KANU, and if he ever mentions boycott, it will only go on to prove that he has been bought over by the demonic party.

Re: Kanu Has Spoken With Me, Will Hold Press Conference Sunday, Says Lawyer by HisSexcellency(m): 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2018
We no go hear word again undecided
Re: Kanu Has Spoken With Me, Will Hold Press Conference Sunday, Says Lawyer by Buterflyle0: 1:29pm On Oct 20, 2018
SarkinYarki:

Hahahaha you are seriously hyperventilating over this news. grin

Its just tomorrow na. So chill.

Re: Kanu Has Spoken With Me, Will Hold Press Conference Sunday, Says Lawyer by NonsoWow: 1:35pm On Oct 20, 2018
Nnamdi Kanu will surely declare boycott or else his followers will begin to see him as nigerianized. It will be a total boycott that will shake the foundations of nigeria.

Re: Kanu Has Spoken With Me, Will Hold Press Conference Sunday, Says Lawyer by Cjrane2: 1:39pm On Oct 20, 2018
Igbo should learn to be strategic.

Buhari released Nnamdi Kanu simply to help him convince Igbos to boycott next year's presidential election. Those who enjoyed Python dance must know that the next round of Python dance Buhari will bring on them if he wins next year's election will be so brutal that most of the Igbos will be picked up from their homes at night, taken to a forest and executed.

IPOB must vote for good governance in Nigeria.Right now, Atiku is the ONLY alternative that Nigeria has to enthrone good governance. Atiku has also promised to bring IPOB to a round-table conference to discuss the grievances instead of telling the army to do python dance and murder the youths. Boycotting elections is doing what Buhari wants, so that he will continue his evil misrule of Nigeria.

Re: Kanu Has Spoken With Me, Will Hold Press Conference Sunday, Says Lawyer by Shuku0kukobambi: 1:40pm On Oct 20, 2018
Buterflyle0:

Hahahaha you are seriously hyperventilating over this news. grin

Its just tomorrow na. So chill.

Kanu shouldn't declare boycott o. His admirers who are now worshipping at the feet of another awusa Fulani will kill themselves o cheesy

I hope he sees reason and go with Atikulation cheesy

Re: Kanu Has Spoken With Me, Will Hold Press Conference Sunday, Says Lawyer by futuregovernor: 1:46pm On Oct 20, 2018
HisSexcellency:
We no go hear word again undecided
Hide your face
Re: Kanu Has Spoken With Me, Will Hold Press Conference Sunday, Says Lawyer by CilicMarin: 1:51pm On Oct 20, 2018
Cjrane2:

Buhari released Nnamdi Kanu simply to help him convince Igbos to boycott next year's presidential election. Those who enjoyed Python dance must know that the next round of Python dance Buhari will bring on them if he wins next year's election will be so brutal that most of the Igbos will be picked up from their homes at night, taken to a forest and executed.

IPOB must vote for good governance in Nigeria.Right now, Atiku is the ONLY alternative that Nigeria has to enthrone good governance. Atiku has also promised to bring IPOB to a round-table conference to discuss the grievances instead of telling the army to do python dance and murder the youths. Boycotting elections is doing what Buhari wants, so that he will continue his evil misrule of Nigeria.

Re: Kanu Has Spoken With Me, Will Hold Press Conference Sunday, Says Lawyer by sCun: 2:13pm On Oct 20, 2018
Boycott = working for Buhari.
No two ways about it
Re: Kanu Has Spoken With Me, Will Hold Press Conference Sunday, Says Lawyer by sCun: 2:15pm On Oct 20, 2018
SarkinYarki:
What other proof do you need.
IPOB confirmed it
Brother confirmed it
Lawyer confirmed it
Video evidence - definitely not an old video because of the attire he was putting on, he only started wearing that atrire during gis court trials in Nigeria.

So what other evidence do you need?
Re: Kanu Has Spoken With Me, Will Hold Press Conference Sunday, Says Lawyer by Buterflyle0: 2:19pm On Oct 20, 2018
Shuku0kukobambi:

Kanu shouldn't declare boycott o. His admirers who are now worshipping at the feet of another awusa Fulani will kill themselves o cheesy

I hope he sees reason and go with Atikulation cheesy

Hahaha Kanu Atikulation will kill him finally and Also bury PDP even before the first vote is cast.

PDP would be seen as an enemy party to Nigeria and would effectively mean Atiku has lost the votes of all other regions except SE. grin

That's his death sentence.

Chai this chess game is awesome

Re: Kanu Has Spoken With Me, Will Hold Press Conference Sunday, Says Lawyer by Auladimeji1: 2:56pm On Oct 20, 2018
tongue angry .

Re: Kanu Has Spoken With Me, Will Hold Press Conference Sunday, Says Lawyer by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 20, 2018
Cjrane2:

your head is paining you

Re: Kanu Has Spoken With Me, Will Hold Press Conference Sunday, Says Lawyer by Xisnin(m): 3:16pm On Oct 20, 2018
This is part of 2019 election campaign.

APC National Vice Chairman, Ntufam Hilliard Ettah Loses His Unit / Exposed! Is The Spirit Of GEJ Vengeful? / Navy Inaugurates School Of Armament Technology In Kachia, Kaduna