Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,923 members, 7,806,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Bishop Oyedepo Commissions Stadium As Covenant University Clocks 16 - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Commissions Stadium As Covenant University Clocks 16 (60761 Views)

Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) / Bishop David Oyedepo Commissions Pst David Ibiyeomie Chokhman Academy Igwuruta / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Commissions Stadium As Covenant University Clocks 16 by dmakoy: 8:31pm On Oct 21, 2018
Please Check the Times Higher Education site for the ranking and the ranking parameters.

PrecisionFx:

There is no way that any Nigerian university can make it to the top 1000 universities in the world, A Nigerian university can only make it to top 1000 universities in Africa.

There are 2305 universities in America and every single one of them is better than covenant.

There are over 5000 universities in America n Europe, Every single one of them is better than covenant or any other university in Nigeria.

Fake news everywhere.

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Commissions Stadium As Covenant University Clocks 16 by dmakoy: 8:37pm On Oct 21, 2018
Excellent fact-based submission. Well done!
FrostyButter:

Lol, calm down and put your thoughts together. All I see here is hate and lack of logic. But I would address some poorly thought out points you raised.

You spoke about the stadium and how sporting facilities affect a the intellectual development of the students and Nigeria.

Every sane individual knows that one has to balance the physical body with the mental to be a total person. I don't see why you're stressing this. All the top universities in the world are regarded not just for intellect but sporting facilities. These colleges end up producing some of the best athletes in the world. Little wonder why countries like the USA perform well at the Olympics. Also not that ivy leauge schools are called that, cause of the ivy leauge sporting event that takes place amongst those private universities in America. This is the standard CU is modeling. Why are you refusing it? Hate?

How does it affect Nigeria? Are you not sad that we have no good stadium to host sporting activities in Nigeria other than the one in Uyo. This opportunity from that structural edifice is endless.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/ccap/2016/08/09/sports-and-university-academic-reputation/amp/

That's just a source to back information I have provided to you. Cause unlike you, some people don't rely on beer palour gists.

You spoke about the webometic ranking and how sad you are about it. Yet you are sad about the significant achievement of the university to reach such heights. Are you not contradicting your self.

Now about the webometic ranking, CU had done exceedingly great when you look at how far they have come and how old they are.

In conclusion, you based your whole baseless argument on the stadium which in my view is a plus and shooting your self in the leg. But it would interest you to know that like Havard alumni and other great institutions around the world, CU has produced great achievers, the likes of :

Ayokunle Adeniran, a US-based Nigerian mechanical engineer, invented an iron that works without electricity, Odunayo Eweniyi, Co-founder/COO at Piggyback, CEO of softcom Yomi Adedeji, even entertainment, the likes of simi. Even here on nairaland, the likes of darkid1 that was 2018 CODET (An engineering competition for all best projects and best graduating students in engineering, all universities in a Nigeria offering engineering are represented) winner and awarded by COREN.

This is a university that is just 15 years old. They are doing just fine and deserve the spot, by merit and achievement.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Commissions Stadium As Covenant University Clocks 16 by CodeTemplar: 10:02pm On Oct 21, 2018
PrecisionFx:

There is no way that any Nigerian university can make it to the top 1000 universities in the world, A Nigerian university can only make it to top 1000 universities in Africa.

There are 2305 universities in America and every single one of them is better than covenant.

There are over 5000 universities in America n Europe, Every single one of them is better than covenant or any other university in Nigeria.

Fake news everywhere.
If UI or OAU or even UniLag came first and made it into the top 1000, I guess it would have been a different story from you. It isnt fake news sir.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Commissions Stadium As Covenant University Clocks 16 by CodeTemplar: 1:13am On Oct 22, 2018
EVILFOREST:
CHURCH BUSINESS is a very good and lucrative business
Go and start yours...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Commissions Stadium As Covenant University Clocks 16 by CodeTemplar: 1:14am On Oct 22, 2018
Mankosi:
This guy dey rake in money oo
He is a good manager of resource simple. If you want money too go and start yours.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Commissions Stadium As Covenant University Clocks 16 by CodeTemplar: 1:17am On Oct 22, 2018
Akpacha:
Little school fee indeed.
Yes little compared to the one UI uses to provide okrika facilities.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Commissions Stadium As Covenant University Clocks 16 by CodeTemplar: 1:24am On Oct 22, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Let me ignore ur stupidity power rants above.

Send a link to a credible ranking where any Nigerian university is ranked higher than an American university.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Commissions Stadium As Covenant University Clocks 16 by Akpacha(m): 1:50pm On Oct 22, 2018
InansBobo:
its little compared to their standard, I don't like arguing with ignoramus please so save your mention
I wouldn't blame u, they have preached brain out of ur skull.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Commissions Stadium As Covenant University Clocks 16 by Nodogragra4me(m): 11:16am On Oct 23, 2018
Any title would do...it is not in title it is in impact. Your title entitles you to nothing in this Kingdom. It is your walk

lexy2014:
which one is Rt. Rev again? has he been promoted from bishop to Rt. Rev.?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here / Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.