Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,911 members, 7,806,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? (29128 Views)

What Do You Do When You Like A Guy Who Has A Girlfriend Already? (VIDEO) / Nigerians React As Lady Shows Off Her Boyfriend’s Clothes She Has ‘stolen’ So Fa / She Finds It Hard To Wash Her Undies - Nigerian Guy Exposes His Dirty Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by MsGood(f): 5:19pm On Oct 20, 2018
Do whatever makes you happy. It's a NO for me though.
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by pureheartlady(f): 5:20pm On Oct 20, 2018
hyfr:
If she’s chanced during weekends, she should try it,that’s what we’ll trained homie ladies do.
Relationship isn’t all about SEX and FLEX.. there are little things u can do that spark up the other persons view of u.
Exactly
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by modernWays: 5:21pm On Oct 20, 2018
Ishilove:
I don't blame her. Some of you men abuse the privilges a humble and domesticated woman gives you.

The guy is taking good care of her according to op, so dont think it's bad if she help him once in awhile as a little form of appreciation for his effort on her.

@op, tell your friend to be a man and stop pampering unworthy woman. Of what use is a girlfriend that you're feeding, sponsoring her education, giving her pocket money and the only thing she offer is SEX(something he can get with as little as 2k).

3 Likes

Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by ethankareem(m): 5:21pm On Oct 20, 2018
Since he has taken the place of her father......she should treat him as 1. Some ladies are even lazy to use the washing machine
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by LadySarah: 5:21pm On Oct 20, 2018
So who has been washing his clothes until he met the girl?
wanted to align with the Op but got put off when he insisted on a hand washed cloth.it means that even if the girl gets him a washing machine as a gift,it will be kept aside for the hands to do the job and for how long will this happen?

She's only trying to stop what she can't encourage in her marriage. When the babies come,laundry will become lager plus ogas own that will be "hand washed". grin grin

If I were her,I will get you a washing machine then you can do ur wish with it.

This is the reason why most women get fat and out of shape because of chores and soon look older than their husbands..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by Thugnificent(m): 5:21pm On Oct 20, 2018
I don't see anything wrong there tbh.

4 Likes

Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 20, 2018
God bless you for this.
Many times that me and my ex fought because she visited while I was doing my laundry and I rejected her offer of helping me out.

There was this underG early twenties female neighbor who usually help me wash whenever she is around in exchange for money.

The day I started getting intimate with her, I cancelled the washing agreement.

I don't want someone to start doing what Yoruba call "iregun" for me incase of breakup.

CheapDataGuy:

I don't even feel comfortable having gf wash my clothes.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 20, 2018
MissRaine69:
The most convoluted story I have read in awhile! She won’t wash his clothes because she is waiting to be his wife? He won’t find other ways to have his clothes washed because he is expecting her to do it? What did he do before they met?
This situation is doomed already.
Ps stay out of your friends relationship if he can’t resolve such a straight forward issue he has no business getting married.
Your judgement is hard, why na? This guy doesn't have time to wash. If you were employed by one of the multinationals, you'd understand his plight better. I once experienced this so I know what it means. Because they pay you well, they'd make you do the extreme. Once you're home, na to just shower and go to bed, set your alarm and sleep. There's nothing bad in washing his clothes... It's a way of her assisting.
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by kkon(m): 5:23pm On Oct 20, 2018
IamD18:
Tell your friend to buy a washing machine with the money he's been using to pay her school fees.

Simple.

If I keep paying your school fees and upkeep without getting laundry help , wetin I gain?
you took the word right out of my mouth.. he should buy a washing machine and save himself the headache we are in 2018 washing of clothes with hand is so out dated..
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by Yankee101: 5:25pm On Oct 20, 2018
1. A good washing machine has different wash settings (colour, white, soft textured, small, large, timing etc) so if he can afford washer/dryer then it's foolishness to wash by hand. It actually kills the clothing faster.

2. She's not a team player. While he should have bought a washer and dryer, the fact that she's not even making any attempts to take it to the dry cleaners herself, surprise him with a dryer/washer gift, or wash it herself by hand, even if it's not everytime, automatically disqualifies her. Kick her out immediately. Only team players are needed for this job

1 Like

Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by apolonius(m): 5:25pm On Oct 20, 2018
You can as well ask whether a boyfriend should ever give a girlfriend money.

1 Like

Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by nikz(f): 5:27pm On Oct 20, 2018
GrabHisBalls:
He should hold back his cash and stop paying her fees. If she ask, tell her "When we marry; what will I now be doing?". grin
hahahahhaa wicked reply but it's the truth. She should wash his clothes jare she likes the cash but the stress naaaaa. Some girls sha

1 Like

Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by Felixv: 5:29pm On Oct 20, 2018
If a guy has a gf who cleans his house and washes his cloths then has a wife material.
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 20, 2018
since he's giving her money to help her out, nothing wrong with her washing his clothes to help him out.

1 Like

Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by loswhite(m): 5:37pm On Oct 20, 2018
Xaos:
So he works even on weekends?

What kind of work will keep him away for 7 days without even that little time to wash his own clothes? Lies Abeg.

But just so you know, your partner can only decide to help at her own discretion. After all it's not an obligation.
just the same way paying her fees will be at my own discretion
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by giftedben: 5:40pm On Oct 20, 2018
The girl is just being foolish. I mean the guy is not even lacking maintaining her and the only simply task asked of her she couldn't do. The guy should get a girl who can take good care of him jor.
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 20, 2018
Clothes washing shouldnt be an issue b/w a man and his woman. Even though u said he dislikes giving his clothes to drycleaners i will still suggest he gives his clothes to dry cleaners or at best he buys a washing machine. Im natives and im suits na im dry cleaner suppose handle dat one na. And is his girlfriend an orphan? Iyam asking cos u said he's paying her school fees and giving her monthly gwenfwend salary.

1 Like

Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by CheapDataGuy: 5:42pm On Oct 20, 2018
alexistaiwo:
God bless you for this.
Many times that me and my ex fought because she visited while I was doing my laundry and I rejected her offer of helping me out.

There was this underG early twenties female neighbor who usually help me wash whenever she is around in exchange for money.

I don't want someone to start doing what Yoruba call "iregun" for me incase of breakup.

. That's it bro.
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by modernWays: 5:42pm On Oct 20, 2018
alexistaiwo:
God bless you for this.

Maybe you always have alot of free time to do that. Some dont, sometime after an hectic day, some even find it difficult to make tea for themselves.
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by InvertedHammer: 5:43pm On Oct 20, 2018
Administration1:
No need of too much stories,
I have a friend who works with a multinational firm, he has a matured girlfriend in her second level in the University, she resigned her job two years ago to get a degree.
They have been dating for over a year now and he intends settling down next year with her, presently, the guy pays her fees and gives her monthly upkeep cash, money to make her hair etc. but the problem is that the young man complains that she rarely washes his clothes, even boxers. Sometimes the guy spends 7 days in a week at work with no time to wash his clothes. And he doesn't like giving his clothes to drycleaners as they usually ruin the colours. He prefers hand-washing them, which he does any night he returns, sometimes, into the night, 1:00AM when you call my guy, he is still washing his clothes, bedsheets etc.

When asked the girl says "I am not washing your clothes, if i start washing your clothes now, what will I do when we get married, you'd better give them to the drycleaner.

My guy is totally confused, knowing that a character exhibited during a relationship will definitely come into play in marriage. Please what should he do.
/
And this your sophisticated friend has never heard of washing machine and dryer?
He is even paying the school fees of another man's wife. Wife? Nothing in life is guaranteed except death.

/

1 Like

Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by eyinjuege: 5:46pm On Oct 20, 2018
Why is he responsible for her school fees and what not?
If she cannot help him with housework especially when he's hardly around and she is, why should he also help her pay her fees?
Meanwhile, there are other options of washing clothes. I'm sure he can employ someone to specifically hand wash his clothes. He should do that, or she can get someone to do it.
If they're both very busy people, they should employ someone to wash for them
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by jaxxy(m): 5:46pm On Oct 20, 2018
Administration1:
No need of too much stories,
I have a friend who works with a multinational firm, he has a matured girlfriend in her second level in the University, she resigned her job two years ago to get a degree.
They have been dating for over a year now and he intends settling down next year with her, presently, the guy pays her fees and gives her monthly upkeep cash, money to make her hair etc. but the problem is that the young man complains that she rarely washes his clothes, even boxers. Sometimes the guy spends 7 days in a week at work with no time to wash his clothes. And he doesn't like giving his clothes to drycleaners as they usually ruin the colours. He prefers hand-washing them, which he does any night he returns, sometimes, into the night, 1:00AM when you call my guy, he is still washing his clothes, bedsheets etc.

When asked the girl says "I am not washing your clothes, if i start washing your clothes now, what will I do when we get married, you'd better give them to the drycleaner.

My guy is totally confused, knowing that a character exhibited during a relationship will definitely come into play in marriage. Please what should he do.

The fact ur they both in a serious relationship heading 2wards marriage i suppose it’s not a crime to help out whereever she can bt it’s not mandatory for her as it’s not mandatory for ur guy to do everything for her either it’s based on understanding and ones need cos they are not married.

That said it comes down to how she objects to it and her reasons. If she feels it will make her uncomfortable based on they ain’t married and certain assumption that comes with it then fine as long as she does other house stuffs and generally behaves well I see no issues here. Sm gals will wash ur clothes and still do rubbish so it’s not d only yard stick for a good gf/wife material pls.

If ur guys doesn’t want to use the washing machine or dry cleaner he can still get a maid specifically for washing his clothes weekly. Case closed.
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by tosyne2much(m): 5:47pm On Oct 20, 2018
I've only been privileged to date a lady who was very domesticated. Her visit was what I always prayed for because it used to relief me of many stress but I never took advantage of her. I respected her so much for that

Feminism is already taking over Nigeria. It's a shame that some ladies can't even wash their father's clothes even if they see him washing it. They see it as slavery to go a a man's place, pick up dirty plates, curtains or bed sheet and wash them.

This lady you pictured is obviously not ready for marriage. She never ready at all
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by tomdon(m): 5:50pm On Oct 20, 2018
Anyone can wash their partner's clothes if need be. It's nobody's exclusive preserve
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by MissRaine69(f): 5:52pm On Oct 20, 2018
awelekiti:
Your judgement is hard, why na? This guy doesn't have time to wash. If you were employed by one of the multinationals, you'd understand his plight better. I once experienced this so I know what it means. Because they pay you well, they'd make you do the extreme. Once you're home, na to just shower and go to bed, set your alarm and sleep. There's nothing bad in washing his clothes... It's a way of her assisting.
You can’t bend someone to your will by using emotional blackmail. He needs a practical approach to a very simple issue. Since you asked
I am paid very well, and I have a full on busy life that’s why I have a washing machine. He can opt to make his own life easier himself. It’s not rocket science or is it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 20, 2018
GrabHisBalls:
That's how their house will be smelling.
u jus reminded me of one of my classmate wen we were in jss2cheesy. D guy was also our neighbour then. The guy mama dey sell provisions for their house.anytime my mom send me dere to buy salt or maggi and dem open dhier door to sell to me na so d sittingroom go dey ooze like were hundred rats for die. Na dhier rug go jus dey smell and d sittingroom will be looking so messed up. The mom and the guy's two sisters hardly engage in domestic stuff. If u marry a woman wey no dey gree clean d house its advisable u hire a nanny to do d cleaning otherwise ur house will look like a refuse bincheesy.
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by xtervaganza(m): 5:57pm On Oct 20, 2018
I can't count the number of girls wey don wash my clothes

Be a man for once
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 20, 2018
I work 7days a week.

I will rather "bribe" a Platonic female friend to wash my clothes than give it to a lover.

They will use it against you should things go south.

modernWays:

Maybe you always have alot of free time to do that. Some dont, sometime after an hectic day, some even find it difficult to make tea for themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by MissRaine69(f): 5:57pm On Oct 20, 2018
jaxxy:

The fact ur they both in a serious relationship heading 2wards marriage i suppose it’s not a crime to help out whereever she can bt it’s not mandatory for her as it’s not mandatory for ur guy to do everything for her either it’s based on understanding and ones need cos they are not married.

That said it comes down to how she objects to it and her reasons. If she feels it will make her uncomfortable based on they ain’t married and certain assumption that comes with it then fine as long as she does other house stuffs and generally behaves well I see no issues here. Sm gals will wash ur clothes and still do rubbish so it’s not d only yard stick for a good gf/wife material pls.

If ur guys doesn’t want to use the washing machine or dry cleaner he can still get a maid specifically for washing his clothes weekly. Case closed.
Exactly!
Simples!

1 Like

Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by KosyJerry(m): 5:57pm On Oct 20, 2018
GrabHisBalls:
He should hold back his cash and stop paying her fees. If she ask, tell her "When we marry; what will I now be doing?". grin

Make sense no kill you... Your mama born you well
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by Memyselfu2009(m): 6:00pm On Oct 20, 2018
Just stop paying her bills she would get sense
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 20, 2018
tosyne2much:
I've only been privileged to date a lady who was very domesticated. Her visit was what I always prayed for because it used to relief me of many stress but I never took advantage of her. I respected her so much for that

Feminism is already taking over Nigeria. It's a shame that some ladies can't even wash their father's clothes even if they see him washing it. They see it as slavery to go a a man's place, pick up dirty plates, curtains or bed sheet and wash them.

This lady you pictured is obviously not ready for marriage. She never ready at all
my brother most cases its really not about feminism. Its just dat some ladies dont know how to do any domestic stuff cos their moms never taught them when they were younger. Probably when the mom was in the kitchen cookin the dauther was in the sittingroom watching keeping up with the kardeshians or zee worldcheesy. When it was time to wash her clothes it was either d mom washing her dauther's clothes or telling a maid to wash itcheesy. So how do u expect such a lady to engage in any domestic stuff when marriedcheesy. Does a lion change to a hyena?cheesy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Get A Husband On Uber / So, Yoruba Girls Can Be This Beautiful (Pictures) / 10_signs_that_a_girl_likes_you There Are Some Common Signs, Are They

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.