Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? (29090 Views)

What Do You Do When You Like A Guy Who Has A Girlfriend Already? (VIDEO) / Nigerians React As Lady Shows Off Her Boyfriend’s Clothes She Has ‘stolen’ So Fa / She Finds It Hard To Wash Her Undies - Nigerian Guy Exposes His Dirty Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by Raalsalghul: 10:14am On Oct 21, 2018
debygrin:
I totally disagree it,y will a lady wash her boyfrnd clothes.., whn he has nt evn put d ring on her finger...she will nw be doing wife material..

Me i cannot come and doing unnecessary househelp for someone dah is nt yt sure...dah we cn still break up at anytime..if any silly thing come nd happn..
Moreover most guys dat are ranting here..if ur hear ur sister is washing a guy's clothes in d next compound etc,all in d name of boyfrnd i know d way some of u will react....so abeg let us hear word jare
I won't react provided he's the one doing stuff my parents should. In this case, paying her fees, giving her money for upkeep. Did you take that into consideration. Proven fact: dude is a sissy.
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by Youngjohnosas: 10:15am On Oct 21, 2018
id4sho:

hope you are not planning to marry her?
for now don't think I have gotten to the stage of getting married.its simply not on my mind.i used to like her alot but right now I considering having a second thought.
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by Areaboyfriend(m): 10:15am On Oct 21, 2018
debygrin:
I totally disagree it,y will a lady wash her boyfrnd clothes.., whn he has nt evn put d ring on her finger...she will nw be doing wife material..

Me i cannot come and doing unnecessary househelp for someone dah is nt yt sure...dah we cn still break up at anytime..if any silly thing come nd happn..
Moreover most guys dat are ranting here..if ur hear ur sister is washing a guy's clothes in d next compound etc,all in d name of boyfrnd i know d way some of u will react....so abeg let us hear word jare

In this context, is he "a guy in d next compound"?
What do you think about the guy paying her fees and the allowances. Don't you think he should stop that too. Haba he cannot come and be doing unnecessary fatherjob for someone dah he is not yet sure of na.

1 Like

Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by Raalsalghul: 10:23am On Oct 21, 2018
eyinjuege:
Why is he responsible for her school fees and what not?
If she cannot help him with housework especially when he's hardly around and she is, why should he also help her pay her fees?
Meanwhile, there are other options of washing clothes. [b]I'm sure he can employ someone to specifically hand wash his clothes. [/b]He should do that, or she can get someone to do it.
If they're both very busy people, they should employ someone to wash for them
She can also employ someone for her bills.
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by pansophist(m): 10:48am On Oct 21, 2018
revontuli:

I know, fair enough it just sounds so alien and remote to me, since I never see it in real life.

Intersex is not a gender. Being born with typical characteristics of the male and female doesn't create a new gender on it's own.

1 Like

Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by ImaIma1(f): 10:55am On Oct 21, 2018
Akuruoulo:
she should also find a bank , because he might be wasting all the money he has been spending on her . Money he should have been used in doing a reasonable something .

So is paying her school fees payment for washing his clothes? Don't get me wrong, I am not saying she cannot relieve him of that stress by helping. But should it be a tit for tat situation?

So in future if she becomes the sole provider...paying the children's school fees and paying rent and taking care of absolutely everything, will it be ok for her to say he should wash her clothes including underwears. Afterall, it will save her money since he is not doing anything.

But that is not how relationships work. It is not conditional. If i do something for my man, it is not to use it as a weapon to get him to pay back.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by Akuruoulo(m): 11:02am On Oct 21, 2018
[quote author=Ladyhippolyta88 post=72275111]
My post was not related to the topic but to his particular post so do not misunderstand me.Your submission is not a bad idea either.[/quoted ] Alright, HAPPY SUNDAY MISS
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by Akuruoulo(m): 11:08am On Oct 21, 2018
ImaIma1:

So is paying her school fees payment for washing his clothes? Don't get me wrong, I am not saying she cannot relieve him of that stress by helping. But should it be a tit for tat situation?

So in future if she becomes the sole provider...paying the children's school fees and paying rent and taking care of absolutely everything, will it be ok for her to say he should wash her clothes including underwears. Afterall, it will save her money since he is not doing anything.

But that is not how relationships work. It is not conditional. If i do something for my man, it is not to use it as a weapon to get him to pay back.

Happy Sunday
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by khiaa(f): 11:13am On Oct 21, 2018
pansophist:
If he undertakes responsibilities such as giving her money for hair, recharge cards and creme, then he'll yea, she should wash and iron his clothes.

I agree. Give a little, and take a little, but no one should have their hands out all of the time. wink You do for me and I will do for you. That's how I see it.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by Akuruoulo(m): 11:15am On Oct 21, 2018
Jhoanner:
I mean, he's paying her school fees and looking after her welfare. it's the least she could do. If she can't assist him, the he should no longer assist her.

You will get the best husband if you aren't married , if u are married u will have the most peaceful marriage life

1 Like

Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by Akuruoulo(m): 11:17am On Oct 21, 2018
frozen70:

Amen and bless you too

Amen
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by victorian(f): 12:32pm On Oct 21, 2018
Eveezy:

Let's be realistic, let's take dis instance, we ve guys dt keep piling up clothes, maybe cos of time or laziness, if a gal is properly trained, if she sees piled up clothes in a house she spends most of her time in appart from when she is in school, she oaught to try to wash dem, atleast to keep d house clean, don't u know dirty clothes smell? Right here u say it's her responsibility to cook ND clean the house, if she cleans the house but it's still smelling cos of piled up clothes, what can she say she has done?
Different guys have different things dey love doing, me I love cooking, I don't let my lady cook, even if she says she wanna cook, I will enter d kitchen to help her, but I find chores stressful, I can cook for an entire community, but I wouldn't like to wash d plates, if a gal sees her guy clothes piled up for one reason or d other, ND she never took it upon herself to help reduce d piled up clothes, that gal is a waste, sorry to say

What if she works and the only day u get to see her is during public holidays or Saturday's after she has closed from work.
Do u expect her to start washing your piled up clothes, after cooking soup or stew that will last you for one week and arranging the apartment. You still expect her to wash your piled up clothes that night, cos your hands are paining you?
You work, she works as well.. If she's a student? Then she can wash as much clothes as she can during her days in your apartment.
Sorry to say, I don't believe in your ideology.

Even me, that work all week and weekend except Sunday's, cannot do all those chores on Saturday night. I no come this life to come and slave because of boyfriend , biko
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by maxiuc(m): 1:53pm On Oct 21, 2018
Xaos:
So he works even on weekends?

What kind of work will keep him away for 7 days without even that little time to wash his own clothes? Lies Abeg.

But just so you know, your partner can only decide to help at her own discretion. After all it's not an obligation.
e be like say you never jam all this NGO work before
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by hefelove(m): 2:00pm On Oct 21, 2018
Frankicent:

how much were you been paid?
38900 after removing tax
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by MissJoy29(f): 2:20pm On Oct 21, 2018
lefulefu:
eww! Those shit stained eggscheesy. Anyway i prefer using d clean eggs for my kettle but if i happen to end up with shit stained ones omo i use pot for dose ones abeg .
Lol...ok. Sounds better.
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by MrMacinterchi1: 2:22pm On Oct 21, 2018
MissJoy29:

Wow. And still use same kettle to boil water to drink tea.

Don't mind me. The idea of boiling egg with kettle or boiling egg together with indomie or like one of my daughters did recently, boiling egg in beans totally creeps me out!

What's so creepy there? I boiled egg inside a pot of boiling rice today.. no bigger.
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by MissJoy29(f): 2:25pm On Oct 21, 2018
MrMacinterchi1:

What's so creepy there? I boiled egg inside a pot of boiling rice today.. no bigger.
Retches.....pukes!!!!!!!!!
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by MrMacinterchi1: 2:32pm On Oct 21, 2018
MissJoy29:
Retches.....pukes!!!!!!!!!
Lol...

1 Like

Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by samysmoothfresh: 2:37pm On Oct 21, 2018
ImaIma1:

[s]So in future if she becomes the sole provider...paying the children's school fees and paying rent and taking care of absolutely everything, will it be ok for her to say he should wash her clothes including underwears. Afterall, it will save her money since he is not doing anything. [/s]

we're talking about the situation on ground this one dey talk about future undecided

oga pays her school fees and gives her allowee monthly and unfailingly (things her parents should be doing)

least she can do is help him wash his clothes seeing that he's not always chanced to do so while knowing fully well that the reason he is not chanced is cos he's working hard for money to in context, "pay your school fees and give you constant allowee"

meanwhile fear all these people wey dey always use "what if" or "in the future" to twist current situations..................they are diabolic!!!
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by ImaIma1(f): 3:10pm On Oct 21, 2018
samysmoothfresh:

we're talking about the situation on ground this one dey talk about future undecided

oga pays her school fees and gives her allowee monthly and unfailingly (things her parents should be doing)

least she can do is help him wash his clothes seeing that he's not always chanced to do so while knowing fully well that the reason he is not chanced is cos he's working hard for money to in context, "pay your school fees and give you constant allowee"

meanwhile fear all these people wey dey always use "what if" or "in the future" to twist current situations..................they are diabolic!!!

Diabolic indeed.

And i said there is nothing wrong in her helping him out but it should not be trade by barter except it is a transactional relationship.

Besides, are there other things she does in the house that he didn't mention? Like cooking, cleaning, etc. Or he wants her to pay for the fact that he is paying her fees with every drop of her sweat?
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by eyinjuege: 3:42pm On Oct 21, 2018
ImaIma1:

Diabolic indeed.

And i said there is nothing wrong in her helping him out but it should not be trade by barter except it is a transactional relationship.

Besides, are there other things she does in the house that he didn't mention? Like cooking, cleaning, etc. Or he wants her to pay for the fact that he is paying her fees with every drop of her sweat?

To be honest, I've never understood why men should keep paying school fees, giving monthly allowances etc to a woman that's not their wife. I know some families have it very tough, and can't do this for their children, but how about some self respect?
How about working and schooling at the same time? We have students that do that, they braid, they do ushers at events, they go and clean other people's houses etc. Why can't she do the same instead of collecting money from her bf?
If the guy knows she works, as well as goes to school, do you think he would be asking her to wash his clothes when she's even too busy to see road sef?
I'm sure it's cheaper for the guy in question to employ a maid that cooks and does chores than paying school fees and feeding money for a gf.
Anyway, they say it is love. She can as well extend her own love by helping him with all the chores including washing his clothes, which seems to be the most important to him.
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by Eveezy(m): 4:04pm On Oct 21, 2018
victorian:

What if she works and the only day u get to see her is during public holidays or Saturday's after she has closed from work.
Do u expect her to start washing your piled up clothes, after cooking soup or stew that will last you for one week and arranging the apartment. You still expect her to wash your piled up clothes that night, cos your hands are paining you?
You work, she works as well.. If she's a student? Then she can wash as much clothes as she can during her days in your apartment.
Sorry to say, I don't believe in your ideology.

Even me, that work all week and weekend except Sunday's, cannot do all those chores on Saturday night. I no come this life to come and slave because of boyfriend , biko
Hmm, ur wat if scenario is nt d case in dis story as u can see from d instance d op ND I gave, d gal is a student which d nigga settles all bills for, I know that as a student, no matter how busy ur schedule is, u re usually free on weekends, I was a student myself, ladies always go for weekends, even during week days, dey re nt busy always, ND most ladies prefer spending time at dier bf place especially if d guy is comfortable, so wat would stop a lady dt sits at home most of d time, claim she cleans d house ND cook, but sees piled up clothes ND doesn't occur to her to wash, it's same thing as seeing dirty dishes ND nt occur to her to wash.
I am no supporter of slavery in any relationship ND would nt ask of anything from a lady, but there re things dt common sense should tell u, how can u say u ve cleaned d house, meanwhile dirty clothes re smelling? U may see it as slavery, but I see it as common sense. I will nt advice u to change Ooo, but try do wat makes sense.

my ideology is nt just an ideology, it's a fact ND should be d norm.
Ur scenario of if both parties re working, dt way u know dey re both equally busy, he will ve to find an alternative, employ someone who will do laundry for him, but a case where u ve lots of spare time ND common sense doesn't tell u to do work, me I won't complain Ooo, I will never call u to order cos I no get strength to train person pikin, u will just continue dating me until I see someone else ND next thing u will hear from ur frnds na "babe I just saw on Facebook, ur guy just got married"
Little things matter, ND u gals dnt realize dt, some may be lucky to be dt way ND still get married, but many won't be.

Naturally I know when it comes to chores I may be lazy at times, I wouldn't want a lady who is nt willing to be an helper to my short comings, no guy is perfect, a lady who claims equal right regards chores, I ND such lady are simply ND compatible

1 Like

Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by Raalsalghul: 4:23pm On Oct 21, 2018
eyinjuege:

To be honest, I've never understood why men should keep paying school fees, giving monthly allowances etc to a woman that's not their wife. I know some families have it very tough, and can't do this for their children, but how about some self respect?
How about working and schooling at the same time? We have students that do that, they braid, they do ushers at events, they go and clean other people's houses etc. Why can't she do the same instead of collecting money from her bf?
If the guy knows she works, as well as goes to school, do you think he would be asking her to wash his clothes when she's even too busy to see road sef?
I'm sure it's cheaper for the guy in question to employ a maid that cooks and does chores than paying school fees and feeding money for a gf.
Anyway, they say it is love. She can as well extend her own love by helping him with all the chores including washing his clothes, which seems to be the most important to him.
Permit me to follow you. You are just too sensed.
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by Jhoanner(f): 6:22pm On Oct 21, 2018
Akuruoulo:

You will get the best husband if you aren't married , if u are married u will have the most peaceful marriage life
Wow!! Amen!! ��
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by Jhoanner(f): 6:23pm On Oct 21, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
.. Don't mind all these hypocrites,lazy and selfish people supporting the lady. If I may ask,what's she offering in the relationship if she cannot help him do laundry?. Sex I guess.If one calls her a sex object now,they will say you dont have respect for women.And she will be the first to call the guy names if he decide to stop taking care of her welfare. I also blame the guy for not telling her to start taking care of herself since they are not married.
Honestly!!
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by victorian(f): 6:46pm On Oct 21, 2018
Eveezy:

Hmm, ur wat if scenario is nt d case in dis story as u can see from d instance d op ND I gave, d gal is a student which d nigga settles all bills for, I know that as a student, no matter how busy ur schedule is, u re usually free on weekends, I was a student myself, ladies always go for weekends, even during week days, dey re nt busy always, ND most ladies prefer spending time at dier bf place especially if d guy is comfortable, so wat would stop a lady dt sits at home most of d time, claim she cleans d house ND cook, but sees piled up clothes ND doesn't occur to her to wash, it's same thing as seeing dirty dishes ND nt occur to her to wash.
I am no supporter of slavery in any relationship ND would nt ask of anything from a lady, but there re things dt common sense should tell u, how can u say u ve cleaned d house, meanwhile dirty clothes re smelling? U may see it as slavery, but I see it as common sense. I will nt advice u to change Ooo, but try do wat makes sense.

my ideology is nt just an ideology, it's a fact ND should be d norm.
Ur scenario of if both parties re working, dt way u know dey re both equally busy, he will ve to find an alternative, employ someone who will do laundry for him, but a case where u ve lots of spare time ND common sense doesn't tell u to do work, me I won't complain Ooo, I will never call u to order cos I no get strength to train person pikin, u will just continue dating me until I see someone else ND next thing u will hear from ur frnds na "babe I just saw on Facebook, ur guy just got married"
Little things matter, ND u gals dnt realize dt, some may be lucky to be dt way ND still get married, but many won't be.

Naturally I know when it comes to chores I may be lazy at times, I wouldn't want a lady who is nt willing to be an helper to my short comings, no guy is perfect, a lady who claims equal right regards chores, I ND such lady are simply ND compatible

Well, with the op scenario, she can assist him and wash if she desires but I would advice he should buy a washing machine from the allowance he gives to her. I bought a washing machine wash and dry when I started living alone. I gave it out recently when I move out from my former place. Now have bought another newer brand of washing machine cos I hate washing with hands.
If my man insist on washing his clothes, I simply use the washing machine. Easier and faster and more convenient. That's for me though.
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by Eveezy(m): 6:59pm On Oct 21, 2018
victorian:

Well, with the op scenario, she can assist him and wash if she desires but I would advice he should buy a washing machine from the allowance he gives to her. I bought a washing machine wash and dry when I started living alone. I gave it out recently when I move out from my former place. Now have bought another newer brand of washing machine cos I hate washing with hands.
If my bf insist on washing his clothes, I simply use the washing machine. Easier and faster and more convenient. That's for me though.
Good u re a working class lady, ND u can afford to get a washing machine on ur own, ND possibly for ur bf as a gift, atleast u see d need of helping d guy out. Just like I mentioned earlier, there re certain chores that people prefer Dan odaz, u I believe u dnt enjoy washing with hands, hence d reason u see d need of a washing machine, where one lacks, he/she mks up in oda ways.

A lady shouldn't see it as slavery wen helping a guy out with his clothes, it's part of the relationship experience, it's sometimes fun if dere is no washing machine, u two can do it together.

Most ladies say dey love cooking, but I am yet to see a lady dt likes the kitchen d way I do, if my lady insists she wants to cook for me, I would let her, ND even assist her in d kitchen, but I don't ve a problem being d one to prepare breakfast, lunch ND dinner, I won't see it as slavery or me nt being man enuf, it's just wat I enjoy doing, which is y I feel a lady who won't see helping her guy out wit clothes just isn't well trained
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by Frankicent(m): 8:50pm On Oct 21, 2018
hefelove:
38900 after removing tax
chai.. just to kill yourself.
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by ImaIma1(f): 8:58pm On Oct 21, 2018
eyinjuege:

In a lot of cases, the lady ends up leaving the guy. So what's the point? I don't really agree with the idea of a guy paying his gf's fees.
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by hefelove(m): 9:12pm On Oct 21, 2018
Frankicent:

chai.. just to kill yourself.
I japa for my life o
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by Frankicent(m): 9:56pm On Oct 21, 2018
hefelove:
I japa for my life o
The place you working now kio?
Re: Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? by alezzandra: 5:57am On Oct 22, 2018
Funny thread...... a "man" works 7 days a week and still makes out time of mundane strenuous, time consuming and unproductive activity like manual cloth washing. It's alright. New clothes (ruined by washing machine and dry cleaners) can be regained but time if wasted is gone forever.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

9 Important Independence Lessons Every Girl Should Learn While She 's Single / Masturbation Is Killing Me Slowly / Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.