Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Please I Need Your Advice, I Want To Go Into Being Food Crops From The North! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please I Need Your Advice, I Want To Go Into Being Food Crops From The North! (416 Views)

Food Crops Buyers Needed Asap / Please I Need Your Candid Advice, I Need A Business Idea Please / Which Mutual Fund Do You Advice I Invest In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Your Advice, I Want To Go Into Being Food Crops From The North! by Phizzlephizz(m): 3:15pm On Oct 20, 2018
Please of recent I’ve been thinking of going to the north to bring food crops inbtralier and to sell at mile12 market. Ive done survey and I’m looking at starting out with tomatoes and onion for a start, but I’m looking at doing something with less risk actually, so I’m throwing to the house, those who have the knowledge on this to please enlighten me on it. I have 2million to spare but I’m not testing the waters with all of it.

PS: I know it can swallow my whole cash, but na people Dey do am Dey survive
Re: Please I Need Your Advice, I Want To Go Into Being Food Crops From The North! by Alexious(m): 6:03pm On Oct 20, 2018
Good evening Mr, I think its a good idea but I believe you know that those two food items you mentioned are very perishable. Storage and marketing will be a major factor. I'll suggest you try to find out how best you can store them for a reasonable period of time.
Also, do you know about the market dynamics? If yes, good. If no, you need to sort it out. This is about the people you will be supplying, your gain on each basket's etc.
However, you can invest not up to half of your money in other venture, I have one am on presently.

I hope you find the info useful.
Cheers.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice, I Want To Go Into Being Food Crops From The North! by SKhanmi: 10:25pm On Oct 20, 2018
Just some nuggets of knowledge I gleaned from someone involved in a similar endeavor.

Identify your source & the end customers- those market women/retailers can buy it all up in the twinkling of an eye, it varies by location/market

Mode of transport - If you're renting trucks, you're going to lose a lot of money if they end up not reliable which is common. You'll make more with your own truck. Enough said

Try and test the waters with a quarter or half goods. Then use that as a guide

And always have backup cash in case of contingencies
Re: Please I Need Your Advice, I Want To Go Into Being Food Crops From The North! by Phizzlephizz(m): 3:42pm On Oct 21, 2018
Alexious:
Good evening Mr, I think its a good idea but I believe you know that those two food items you mentioned are very perishable. Storage and marketing will be a major factor. I'll suggest you try to find out how best you can store them for a reasonable period of time.
Also, do you know about the market dynamics? If yes, good. If no, you need to sort it out. This is about the people you will be supplying, your gain on each basket's etc.
However, you can invest not up to half of your money in other venture, I have one am on presently.

I hope you find the info useful.
Cheers.

Can we talk better outside this platform! If yes kindly send me a pm on 08058687294 I’ll appreciate it a whole lot
Re: Please I Need Your Advice, I Want To Go Into Being Food Crops From The North! by Phizzlephizz(m): 3:43pm On Oct 21, 2018
SKhanmi:
Just some nuggets of knowledge I gleaned from someone involved in a similar endeavor.

Identify your source & the end customers- those market women/retailers can buy it all up in the twinkling of an eye, it varies by location/market

Mode of transport - If you're renting trucks, you're going to lose a lot of money if they end up not reliable which is common. You'll make more with your own truck. Enough said

Try and test the waters with a quarter or half goods. Then use that as a guide

And always have backup cash in case of contingencies

Thanks bro I appreciate

(1) (Reply)

I Make 25k Weekly...come And Learn / Popular ABA Market Nkwo Ngwa On Fire (photos) / Jack Ma's Original Sales Pitch In 1999.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.