Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,964 members, 7,803,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice (10040 Views)

Igboye School Students Stopped From Writing Exam Because Of Their Hijab (Photos) / University Students Walk Out Of Exam Because It’s Difficult (Watch Video) / "I Didn't Get Admitted To OOU Because I Am Too Beautiful" - Young Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 20, 2018
Nairalanders pls help me,i am confuse and depressed.

We are currently writing 2nd semester exams in school as i type.
My problem is that I missed an important course due to my coming late when they are just 5mins to round up.

Actually the exam was initially slated at 3pm but was later changed to 1pm which i wasn't aware.
I have begged the lecturer for the course,if their is any way she could help and she said no that i should sit again for the course.

I am contemplating writing to the HOD or better still the Dean.

Pls is there still hope for me or i should leave it to God.
I am currently depressed.
Pls snub any typographical error in this write-up,i am depressed.
Education is what i live for.
I can't afford to fail any course again.
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by LordIsaac(m): 9:20pm On Oct 20, 2018
You won't know how insensitive our school administrators can be until you are at their mercy. Look for a senior lecturer in the dept asap and get his or her experienced advice.

4 Likes

Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by bigtt76(f): 9:37pm On Oct 20, 2018
1. What level of study are you in?
2. Are you off campus?
3. When was the initial timetable released and when was the change in timetable announced?
4. What were the means of communicating the change to the students?
5. Don't you have friends seating same exam?
6. Did they inform you or not?

If you can answer these questions correctly and answer makes sense, then you have a case else undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by slapacha: 9:30am On Oct 21, 2018
Go and write it next year.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:31am On Oct 21, 2018
I had a similar experience when I was in 300 Level. Had to write it in my finals.

Op my advice to you:

If you're not the only one affected, work with others and present your case as a team. That way, You stand a better chance of being listened to.

But if you're the only one, just wait till the next session.

12 Likes

Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by Richdad50(m): 9:31am On Oct 21, 2018
You are depressed already which means you will never find a solution. Be still, go to your room and lock yourself, kneel for an hour and cry to God for answers. Stand up, clean yourself, wipe your face and go see the Lecturer again. He/She will give you an answer you must only take if repeated thrice(3×).

I have learnt over years in my walk with God that life's challenges are only for a moment and that a future good life is a summary of both the good and bad times of the past.
#Richdadnuggets

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by tokrizy: 9:33am On Oct 21, 2018
bigtt76:
2. Are you off campus?
3. When was the initial timetable released and when was the change in timetable announced?

If you can answer these questions correctly and answer makes sense, then you have a case else undecided

exactly..
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 21, 2018
greatman55:

My problem is that I missed an important course due to my coming late when they are just 5mins to round up.

Actually the exam was initially slated at 3pm but was later changed to 1pm which i wasn't aware.
I have begged the lecturer for the course,if their is any way she could help and she said no that i should sit again for the course.

It sucks, doesn't it? Sorry about all you have had to go through, my advice would be from the Nigerian perspective cos in the West, there is nothing like begging.

Appeal to your lecturer some more, through the chain of hierarchy. Beginning with your course rep, fellow lecturers and then the HoD, they should be able to organise a make up test for you.

Forward looking, try to be more sociable with your colleagues cos the change of date would have either been spread by whatsapp group or word of mouth and you would have been availed the info if you had close friends in the course.

I wish you the best.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:37am On Oct 21, 2018
The truth is always bitter. You are not a serous student if not all your thoughts would have being about the exam since it was a rescheduled one.Go carry it over and be careful next time.You can get angry about my comment I don't give a damn.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by chicoMX(m): 9:37am On Oct 21, 2018
If to say na abroad, them fit consider you. As na Nigeria, there are 2 things involved
1. it's either your sort the course( which may be expensive)
2. If 1 didn't work, then you have to sit for the course next session
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by loadedvibes: 9:37am On Oct 21, 2018
Village people got this one... You people will be rushing to school without doing village clearance now see your life

7 Likes

Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by akiOYIBO: 9:37am On Oct 21, 2018
greatman55:

Which God, my friend go and sort your way out with your lecturer.
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by Lexusgs430: 9:38am On Oct 21, 2018
greatman55:

Leave it to God ? God would drop down to resolve?

How many other students missed the exam ?
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by SirLakes: 9:38am On Oct 21, 2018
Where were you when others got the information that the exam time has been changed.

You stayed in isolation.... Maybe

1 Like

Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by directonpc(m): 9:38am On Oct 21, 2018
See you next year

Extra
You have got to live for something bigger than Education sha.

3 Likes

Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by Pentagon1993(m): 9:38am On Oct 21, 2018
greatman55:

I have entered such dilemma.
Is not the end of the world but one more effort, write to the HOD, the exam was shifted so you have a case. He could tell the lecturer to give you a make up exam, don't be surprised others might be involve.
This is a sensitive issue and people are joking, Nigeria is full of insensitive humans, no wonder suicide rate is going high and high.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by Hopebringer: 9:38am On Oct 21, 2018
I am still trying to understand why you asked this question here instead of calling their customer care line or sending an email to them

Is there something I am.misismg or is this another fake nairaland story as usual ?

Next time be calm.and atikulate properly , ask questions via the proper channels and always Obideiently follow the instructions

Good luck

Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 21, 2018
Personally I don't like begging, once I talk to you once or twice and you don't budge, I would bite the dust and move on.

Thus I usually do all that is humanly possible to be on the right side of things.

It's never a good thing to be at the mercy of a fellow human. But as they say, "he that is down needs fear no fall", Op has little to loose by begging, so pls keep at it. But I wouldn't.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by BigNickGroup(m): 9:40am On Oct 21, 2018
Hmmm, its been ages now I did anything like exams. But I still can't understand why someone will ever be late for an exam. On a normal ground you are suppose to be there even two hours before the exam time.
Well its already happened and just for next time you take note that being late is no reasonable excuse to missing an exam no matter what except you are very ill but decided to come and take the exam then that's understandable to an extent.

I this the best place to get the answer to your question is to meet the person in charge of the exam and plead with any excuse that will sound good in the ears even if it means cooking up a very good story to save your ass.
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:45am On Oct 21, 2018
bigtt76:
2. Are you off campus?

.. No why not tell the school authority to call her privately and let her know the change in time? Was she the only one sitting for the exam?. If you can answer this questions correctly,then you re smart.
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by domainsales18: 9:45am On Oct 21, 2018
Babe,

You are in a hot seat right now...Your coursemates would have preinformed you in the time change...I believe your mind got stuck on that 3pm.

Anyway, in my own rationale, there's no way the course can be administered to you specially, as you have missed it.

Do not follow the earlier poster up that you have a case against the lecturer because of the change in time...You will only gather more moss as you roll on this case.

My two objective solutions to this issue are:

1. If the lecturer do collect soughting on that course, just prepare like N10,000 in an envelope and go to his/her office when he/she is in a good mood and beg.

2. Relax yourself and write the carryover at the next exam, it cannot kill you.

When I was in campus, I passes all my semester courses in all my four years, except one course, due to the fact that I didn't buy the literary book and the lecturer failed me with just a mark because of the book...I relaxed myself, and wrote the carryover and got nice score.

The bottom line is that, I graduated and went for NYSC the same time with my peers.

Stop giving yourself high BP unnecessarily and look at the positive, the narrative cannot change who you are...You are a true legend!

If you like my opinion click LIKE, if you don't agree, click SHARE.

Ciao!!!

5 Likes

Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 21, 2018
Do you do the exams in English?
greatman55:

Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by opedaydydx9(m): 9:47am On Oct 21, 2018
For you to miss the exam, shows the kind of person your are to your colleagues, nothing can be done in this case unless you have a strong backing, moreso students with missing script have not been granted audience talkless of you that missed the whole exam, you could have tried writing something thou
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 21, 2018
domainsales18:
Babe,

You are in a hot seat right now...Your coursemates would have preinformed you in the time change...I believe you mind got stuck on that 3pm.

Anyway, in my own rationale, there's no way the course can be administered to you specially, as you have missed it.

Do not follow the earlier poster up that you have a case against the lecturer because of the change in time...You will only gather more moss as you roll on this case.

1. If the lecturer do collect soughting on that course, just prepare like N10,000 in an envelope and go to his/her office when he/she is in a good mood and beg.

When I was in campus, I passes all my semester courses in all my four years, except one course, due to the fact that I didn't buy the literary book and the lecturer failed me with just a mark because of the book...I relaxed myself, and wrote the carryover and got nice score.

The bottom line is that, I graduated and went for NYSC the same time with my peers.

Stop giving yourself high BP unnecessarily and look at the positive, the narrative cannot change who you are...You are a true legend!

Ciao!!!
No be only soughting na boughting.
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by domainsales18: 9:47am On Oct 21, 2018
Babe,

You are in a hot seat right now...Your coursemates would have preinformed you in the time change...I believe your mind got stuck on that 3pm.

When I was in campus, I passed all my semester courses in all my four years, except one course, due to the fact that I didn't buy the literary book and the lecturer failed me with just a mark because of the book...I relaxed myself, and wrote the carryover and got nice score.

Ciao!!!

greatman55:

Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by Newboss(m): 9:49am On Oct 21, 2018
LordIsaac:
You won't know how insensitive our school administrators can be until you are at their mercy. Look for a senior lecturer in the dept asap and get his or her experienced advice.
That's humans in general, same at work place too angry

Humans are animals just like the hyena angry We're just kinda domesticated just like the leopard in some rich motherfuckers' homes angry

We just show our true nature at certain points, then people would yell "animal" angry Duh, we've always been animals with technology just the way ants build sophisticated ant hills angry

1 Like

Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by InvisibleB: 9:50am On Oct 21, 2018
bigtt76:
2. Are you off campus?

Shior na only you waka come? You sound like a prosecution lawyer cross examining the witness of a defendant
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by proffemi: 9:50am On Oct 21, 2018
greatman55:

Pertinent questions which you can answer now:
1. How was the change of exam time communicated to students?
2. How much notice were students given (how close to the exam date was the time changed)?
3. Was the change of time in response to a request from members of the class?
4. Was the request above communicated to the lecturer formally?

Other pertinent questions
1. Was the HOD aware of the time change? Formally notified? Informally?
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by may320: 9:50am On Oct 21, 2018
@Op, waiting to see your reply on an important question asked: Are you the only one that missed the exam?

If you are the only one then, it might partly be as a result of your attitude.
How can it be that every other person got the info except you?
Does it mean you dont have even a single person that could call you when the exam was about to commence and you were nowhere to be found?
Since the lecturer says NO, dont complicate matter for yourself, take responsibility for your action, learn from whatever brought about the mistake and take precaution next time.
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by deco22(m): 9:51am On Oct 21, 2018
domainsales18:

Ciao!!!

1 Like

Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by Richdad50(m): 9:51am On Oct 21, 2018
Plain Stupid
bigtt76:
2. Are you off campus?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Apply For GE Nigeria Graduate Engineering Training Program (GETP) 2018 / Anambra Schools To Resume 1st February, 2021- Governor Obiano / Aasu Call Off Strike Latest News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.