Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,827 members, 7,802,645 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Raising Up Godly Children - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Raising Up Godly Children (3599 Views)

Wisdom Required For Raising Up Godly Chidren For Jesus / 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children / Ten Keys To Raising Godly Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Raising Up Godly Children by ifeanyiigwe33: 5:34am On Oct 21, 2018
Proverbs 22:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

The responsibility of raising up Godly children has been one of the challenging issues facing many christian homes and families. Parents who have what it takes to raise Godly children are either too busy to inculcate norms and godly values to their children. While those that are less busy leave their children at the mercies of the world.

Here is what I found captivating;

"If you fail to counsel your children, the world will counsel them for you"

Prov 22vs6 Says; "Train up" i.e It is an obligation and a command by God. Parenting is a responsibility. If God knew that the government will save the world , He would have made Adam a politician. If God knew that the Armed forces will save the world, He would have made Adam an Army general. e.t.c. But God chose to make Adam a man through whom the first marriage was established.

The word "Train up" as used in Prov 22vs6, is from the Hebrew word "Chanak", which means to initiate,to discipline, to dedicate. Lets take a look at these words; Initiate,discipline and dedicate.

The word initiate sometimes sound negative or used from the negative point of view. But literally, it means to start, to introduce. Tabula rasa as believed by some school of thought, refers to the epistemological ideal that individuals are born without built-in mental content and that therefore all knowledge comes from experience or perception. Proponent of tabula rasa generally disagree with the doctrine of innatism which holds that the mind is born already in possession of certain knowledge. If this is true, then parents should take it as an opportunity to inculcate values into their children through the light of God's word.

God expect parents to play the role of an initiator i.e To fused the principles of his word into them(children). Notice what God said about Abraham in Gen 18vs19 "For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him".
FIVE POSITIONS OUR PARENT MUST LEARN TO OCCUPY

These five positions is coiled from the the word "Train"

T represent Teacher
R represent Representative
A represent Adviser
I represent Initiator
N represent Neighbor

source: http://www.livingstream.com.ng/2018/05/raising-up-godly-children.html

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Raising Up Godly Children by Trustme2(m): 7:20am On Oct 21, 2018
Indeed
Re: Raising Up Godly Children by Lexusgs430: 8:57am On Oct 21, 2018
What does godly truly mean ?

1 Like

Re: Raising Up Godly Children by CuteMadridista: 8:59am On Oct 21, 2018
godly
Re: Raising Up Godly Children by ednut1(m): 8:59am On Oct 21, 2018
Everywhere a child faces devil don hook am. From school to media to internet
Re: Raising Up Godly Children by ifyalways(f): 9:06am On Oct 21, 2018
I'll rather raise a smart child. Thank yous

2 Likes

Re: Raising Up Godly Children by grandstar(m): 9:12am On Oct 21, 2018
Raising up Godly children needs you to inculcate godly virtues into the children. It is a 24/7 full year job.

It must first prove to be in your heart.

(Read Deuteronomy 6:6-9)

2 Likes

Re: Raising Up Godly Children by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 21, 2018
Radarada
Re: Raising Up Godly Children by fred06: 9:19am On Oct 21, 2018
It is not enough that the child is smart ..but hé must imbibé the ways of that are morally right in the society and spiritually led by almighty God..

1 Like

Re: Raising Up Godly Children by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 21, 2018
It’s so important to me to do this with my children I see my nephew and how bright he is it he still knows God and I pray my husband was raised in a Godly way
Re: Raising Up Godly Children by sweet7oyin(m): 9:27am On Oct 21, 2018
Lol the child dat will be bad will be bad... If u like lock him/her in the church...
Lol
Re: Raising Up Godly Children by jaxxy(m): 9:36am On Oct 21, 2018
ifyalways:
I'll rather raise a smart child. Thank yous

Smartness can’t take u everywhere so I will go with smart bt godly children.

1 Like

Re: Raising Up Godly Children by traihit: 10:44am On Oct 21, 2018
This is the most crucial time parents especially Christians need to rise up and train their children. Many of us Christians always take things especially training of children for granted when we refuse to have adequate time with them, live exemplary life that wouldn't create confusion in their hearts and discuss every issues of life with them right from their young age.
What it will take a thousand well trained godly children to achieve, it might take one ungodly child to achieve the same because it is easy to pull down than to build but when we misconcieve the importance of the Holy Spirit to only singing worship songs and tongues, we find it difficult to guide our children well though we are claim to be full of the Holy Spirit.
Please beware how you send your children to the world. The most important way of training your children is to start training them in the way you envision them to be. You're the number one teacher and there's nothing you can tell them that'll be more potent than what they see you do with their mum or dad, visitors, friends and foes, strangers etc. Whatever they see you do is what they'll do but if you do one thing and you expect another thing from them, you'll frustrate them and send them to get trained by the world who'll welcome them.

2 Likes

Re: Raising Up Godly Children by ifyalways(f): 1:26pm On Oct 21, 2018
jaxxy:

Smartness can’t take u everywhere so I will go with smart bt godly children.
Whatever biko.
Re: Raising Up Godly Children by mechanics(m): 4:08pm On Oct 21, 2018
Nice one, repetition is for emphasis.
Re: Raising Up Godly Children by DonroxyII: 4:34pm On Oct 23, 2018
To raise a child in this dispensation Na God ooo ....
People have started posting their babies to social media right from conception till birth .... as the baby is growing , the parents keep updating Instagram and Facebook walls .....

The next generation of slay queens and slay kings no go be here .....

God , help me raise my babies in your way ..... !!

(1) (Reply)

Testimony Of HEAVEN & HELL / At Convention, RCCG Announces 20 New Provinces, Ordains 10,720 Officers / 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.