Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,751 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground (32145 Views)

Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! / Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? / Help My Child Is 8 Months And Wife Is Pregnant Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by Whobedatte(m): 9:09pm On Oct 21, 2018
It will take miniscule time before he starts walking on the floor. Trust me.
Talking from experience

1 Like

Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by xcelentattitude(m): 9:09pm On Oct 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The reverse is usually the norm.
So I'm kinda surprised.

I had a similar problem with my then toddler. He always crawled into the kitchen to sleep. Even at night.
Sometimes he'd wake up in the middle of the night, then crawl to the kitchen and lie there.

It was then we realized it was actually in the kitchen we made love to conceive him.

I'm thinking you guys never did it on the ground but always on the bed. So he still identifies the bed as his foundation.

But there's nothing to be worried about.
If he can gain balance on the bed, he won't have a problem on the ground.
It could also be that the softness of the bed reassures him that he won't be falling on a hard surface.
He will definitely outgrow that fear.

Babies change.

This is probably the most positive comment I have ever seen you make on nairaland even though it has your trait of negativism in it.

What's my business anyways

I'm just here to read comments

*Modified*

I can confidently tell you, he or she is practicing.

When I was younger, I usually see children pushing a three - wheel cart in a bid to learn how to walk.

Your case is different

Your kid is doing his own rehearsal on the bed.

Do not worry, the rehearsal will soon payoff.

#CommentReadersAss

2 Likes

Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by unite4real: 9:09pm On Oct 21, 2018
Eagles operate on higher grounds. He is poised for greatness.

1 Like

Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by nattty(m): 9:11pm On Oct 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

So I'm kinda surprised.

I had a similar problem with my then toddler. He always crawled into the kitchen to sleep. Even at night.
Sometimes he'd wake up in the middle of the night, then crawl to the kitchen and lie there.

It was then we realized it was actually in the kitchen we made love to conceive him.

I'm thinking you guys never did it on the ground but always on the bed. So he still identifies the bed as his foundation.

It could also be that the softness of the bed reassures him that he won't be falling on a hard surface.

Babies change.

1 Like

Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by JoseVanMoyes: 9:17pm On Oct 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

So I'm kinda surprised.

Babies change.

Lolzzzzzzzzz ....

Bro u r Blessed upstairs, how u just come up with these write up at times... Marvels me.

29 Likes

Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by delpee(f): 9:19pm On Oct 21, 2018
Hold his hand and walk. It requires patience and a lot of encouragement. Don't worry anyway. If he can walk on the bed, he'll walk on the floor in due course. He may have fallen on the floor and so knows the difference between a cushioned fall and a hard one.
Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by Smazlexander: 9:20pm On Oct 21, 2018
My God Daughter Once Had This Habit Of Walking Only On Her Bare Foot Only When She Started Walking My Mom Just Asked Me To Get Her Some Kind Of Sandal That Males sounds That facinated Her When She Walks In Them,She Won't Take Them Off For Anything This Days,She's 1 Year Plus Now,So Create A Facinating Environment On The Floor For The Child And Thats All.

1 Like

Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by ObservantFellow: 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2018
bigtt76:
cheesy cheesy
I made a mistake of reading your comment first before looking at the moniker.... you play too much grin

When I reached the kitchen part, I scrolled up to check the moniker.
This bros tire person grin

5 Likes

Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by zolajpower: 9:25pm On Oct 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

So I'm kinda surprised.

Babies change.
grin ;DNairalander legend ,wow! I almost tryna close my account but not until u resurfaced again . Bcus this forum was becoming so much boring to me . Another person of note worthy is iamAirforce1 who's responses and comments are epic .you guys rock.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by EniiT: 9:26pm On Oct 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
Oluwa!!!!!haba!! See explanation. Where did u get this from?

So I'm kinda surprised.

Babies change.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by frozen70(f): 9:27pm On Oct 21, 2018
I think your child has discovered that the bed is softer for him or her to walk on than on the hard floor

With time he will walk perfectly on the floor

Just get a soft foam sandals so that during practice he will be feeling the softness of the sandal

Though their instinct do tell them they will fall hard on the floor and so he knows that falling on a bed is more comfortable than on the bare floor

Just give him sometime

1 Like

Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by ofoka: 9:32pm On Oct 21, 2018
Nothing to worry about. When its time to walk on the ground hr will. When its time to run he will run. Don't be in a hurry at all
Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by Biingoo: 9:33pm On Oct 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

So I'm kinda surprised.

Babies change.
My hero! Ekenekwem gi!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

So I'm kinda surprised.

Babies change.

Oh Lawd! You've started procreating? And I was hoping you'd become a hermit in Gobi desert or something.

You mean there are little Nwamaikpes running around somewhere ready to join their dad in his display of thoughtlessness on NL?

So not ok.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by AdorableJosh(m): 9:39pm On Oct 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

So I'm kinda surprised.

Babies change.

LMAOOO you may have to read this more than once to realise this made zero sense, LOOOOL, top guy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by AleAirHub(m): 9:40pm On Oct 21, 2018
My nigga nigga cheesy
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

So I'm kinda surprised.

Babies change.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by ostechno(m): 9:42pm On Oct 21, 2018
It's another kind of a phobia
Let's name it gridophobia, the fear of walking on the ground grin
Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by chukslawrence(m): 9:43pm On Oct 21, 2018
zolajpower:

grin ;DNairalander legend ,wow! I almost tryna close my account but not until u resurfaced again . Bcus this forum was becoming so much boring to me . Another person of note worthy is iamAirforce1 who's responses and comments are epic .you guys rock.
Man wey sabi people. Oya bar man, do the needful.
Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by emillionaire: 9:44pm On Oct 21, 2018
nice
Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by ddjay: 9:44pm On Oct 21, 2018
IamTheAnswers:
Experienced parents in the house please your timely inputs are highly needeqd.
i suggest you get a flat 6 spring mattress and put it on the floor for the child to walk on.he will get use to the floor through that
Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by bereto(m): 9:47pm On Oct 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

So I'm kinda surprised.

Babies change.

I'm shocked by this
Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by Auwm1(m): 9:53pm On Oct 21, 2018
A smart boy Indeed.
Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by Uchemus(m): 9:54pm On Oct 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

So I'm kinda surprised.

Babies change.
I'm amazed at the way you confidently settled down to type this garbage. So if I get my wife pregnant in a hotel, my baby would crawl to the hotel in the middle of the night to sleep there. Smh, there are problems we have in this country that are worse than buhari..

19 Likes

Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by Liftme(f): 9:55pm On Oct 21, 2018
Smazlexander:
My God Daughter Once Had This Habit Of Walking Only On Her Bare Foot Only When She Started Walking My Mom Just Asked Me To Get Her Some Kind Of Sandal That Males sounds That facinated Her When She Walks In Them,She Won't Take Them Off For Anything This Days,She's 1 Year Plus Now,So Create A Facinating Environment On The Floor For The Child And Thats All.
On point, OP, get a Walker and a playmat if u have d means.

Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 21, 2018
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:

Hahaha.Lmaooo.
Hope you too were not conceived in the kitchen.

He was conceived in the marketplace. Na the reason why him be werey be dat.

1 Like

Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by consciouman: 10:02pm On Oct 21, 2018
Hahaha..........a "bed worker"
Dexpro:
Your child is a bed walker cheesy
Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 21, 2018
Lool....my babies did thesame
They would crawl on the bed first before they gather enough courage to do so on the floor. If i put them on the floor they just start moving backwards or roll till they get to where they are going. They loved walking on the bed too. But if their legs touch the ground like this...since they are all years apart, I had to figure out what I was doing to make them scared of the floor. I realised I didn't really allow them floor time. They were either in their walkers, their chair, their cot, on my lap etc. I used to fear the floor because of "germs" even though I disinfect .y floor everyday. I guess I started the phobia....mebbe you are doing thesame thing.

4 Likes

Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by adekennis(m): 10:03pm On Oct 21, 2018
I wanna be like you.

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

So I'm k1inda surprised.

Babies change.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

So I'm kinda surprised.

Babies change.

You make sense die this time 1000% grin

Nwa Nwa grin

1 Like

Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by Viicfuntop(f): 10:22pm On Oct 21, 2018
Uchemus:
I'm amazed at the way you confidently settled down to type this garbage. So if I get my wife pregnant in a hotel, my baby would crawl to the hotel in the middle of the night to sleep there. Smh, there are problems we have in this country that are worse than buhari..

Common you know he was joking. That is his usual form of sarcasm

9 Likes

Re: My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground by myettiallah: 10:26pm On Oct 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

So I'm kinda surprised.

Babies change.
Great sense of humour

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up / Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. / Man Finally Reunites With Sister After 25-years Apart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.