Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,275 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! (3232 Views)

The Difference Between North Korea And South Korea / 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea / Current Situation In South Korea! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by ojonugway(m): 10:18am On Oct 21, 2018
hey guys. i'm really confused right now. i wanna fly abroad for my masters but i cant really choose between germany or south korea.
Note: i'm an orphane with 9 siblings and all hopes are on me. i have a million naira that i wanna make the most of.
my question is what country has more fast money making opportunities?
and how can i get there?
help a brother with suggests pls

1 Like

Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by Xxx123xxx(m): 11:31am On Oct 21, 2018
Your one million naira is barely enough to cover flight and all
Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by ojonugway(m): 12:07pm On Oct 23, 2018
what do u suggest?
Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by techgeek290: 3:14pm On Oct 23, 2018
ojonugway:
hey guys. i'm really confused right now. i wanna fly abroad for my masters but i cant really choose between germany or south korea.
Note: i'm an orphane with 9 siblings and all hopes are on me. i have a million naira that i wanna make the most of.
and how can i get there?

Germany but 1m is small.

1 Like

Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by ojonugway(m): 3:34pm On Oct 23, 2018
germany is a good place but from what i heard, i must have atleast #4million before i can consider germany as an option.
though i really want to get life started in a schengen country. i most not make my first landing in germany.
i can hustle more money til next yr now my question is : is there any other european country i can access with #1.5- 2million?
Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by SYNGY(m): 1:58pm On Oct 26, 2018
ojonugway:
germany is a good place but from what i heard, i must have atleast #4million before i can consider germany as an option.
though i really want to get life started in a schengen country. i most not make my first landing in germany.
i can hustle more money til next yr now my question is : is there any other european country i can access with #1.5- 2million?
yes Iceland(with about 800k bank statement but they hardly admit nigerians) Turkey(90%government scholarship at goodmus learning center about 800k- 1mpressesing - language course ) Czech republic(about 1.5m bank statement+ 1 year language course) Hungary slovania and maybe Austria and Finland (2.5m bank statement)are good countries through studies route

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by jazz04(m): 4:41pm On Oct 26, 2018
SYNGY:

yes Iceland(with about 800k bank statement but they hardly admit nigerians) Turkey(90%government scholarship at goodmus learning center about 800k- 1mpressesing - language course ) Czech republic(about 1.5m bank statement+ 1 year language course) Hungary slovania and maybe Austria and Finland (2.5m bank statement)are good countries through studies route
for the countries you have listed, Is there opportunity to work and study like in the US? and after studies must one return to origin country?
Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by optimusprime2(m): 6:41pm On Oct 26, 2018
Brov Germany is the best option,
But you need to budget at least 6Million NGN for the whole process flight ticket inclusive.
1Million or even 3Million is not enough.
But it's worth it... studying in Germany will open your eyes to a lot of things as well as opportunities & eventually you will realize that the world does not revolve around the US, at some point you may have a free path to go but you would have lost the enthusiasm.

Fyi; the Euro is not the Dollar's mate if making cash is your motivation for running to the US.

1 Like

Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by optimusprime2(m): 7:02pm On Oct 26, 2018
SYNGY:

Iceland is a very small country, everyone knows everyone there and the income generation opportunities there is for a very subsistent and conservative lifestyle, secondly Iceland is still new to the immigrant acceptance idea, so you might not be able to quickly integrate for business startups or even working- my suggestion don't go there. (If you are even accepted)

Turkey; its a cheap place but errrrh... Brov forget it! You will waste your time there... like, I don't even want to go into details. My suggestion: not all countries are for schooling.

Czech Republic/Slovenia; Mheeen, the language will be a huuuuuuuge barrier, besides these countries are too conservative and laidback, it is very difficult to find a job there as a student because of these two conditions I have stated Czech, Slovakia and Slovenia fall under the same category... the black population there is also very scanty so if you go there without money, you are up for some very tough times, like you may eat snow for lunch. My suggestion; if you don't have a friend there please don't go without money abeg.

Hungary: the Language challenge is horrible, like I think Hungarian is the most difficult European language, it would have been the most difficult in the world if not for Japanese and Cantonese... besides being black in Hungary is another challenge on it's own. My suggestion, if you are not well funded don't go there.

Austria; this place? Why not try Germany...? Austria is basically a more conservative Germany in slow motion... meaning they are very big on language there. My suggestion, if you have no specific reason for Austria then try Germany.

Finland: This is the better of the bunch, but if you need a job that's stable as a student for Gaya' s sakes go to Sweden or Denmark if you can afford Finland, the only catch with Finland is the free tuition in schools, but asides that ... it's a very reserved country. My suggestion if you are not academically minded, don't go to Finland... almost all the Nigerians doing fine there are very academically inclined.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by Gavrelino123: 3:38am On Oct 27, 2018
optimusprime2:

Iceland is a very small country, everyone knows everyone there and the income generation opportunities there is for a very subsistent and conservative lifestyle, secondly Iceland is still new to the immigrant acceptance idea, so you might not be able to quickly integrate for business startups or even working- my suggestion don't go there. (If you are even accepted)

Turkey; its a cheap place but errrrh... Brov forget it! You will waste your time there... like, I don't even want to go into details. My suggestion: not all countries are for schooling.

Czech Republic/Slovenia; Mheeen, the language will be a huuuuuuuge barrier, besides these countries are too conservative and laidback, it is very difficult to find a job there as a student because of these two conditions I have stated Czech, Slovakia and Slovenia fall under the same category... the black population there is also very scanty so if you go there without money, you are up for some very tough times, like you may eat snow for lunch. My suggestion; if you don't have a friend there please don't go without money abeg.

Hungary: the Language challenge is horrible, like I think Hungarian is the most difficult European language, it would have been the most difficult in the world if not for Japanese and Cantonese... besides being black in Hungary is another challenge on it's own. My suggestion, if you are not well funded don't go there.

Austria; this place? Why not try Germany...? Austria is basically a more conservative Germany in slow motion... meaning they are very big on language there. My suggestion, if you have no specific reason for Austria then try Germany.

Finland: This is the better of the bunch, but if you need a job that's stable as a student for Gaya' s sakes go to Sweden or Denmark if you can afford Finland, the only catch with Finland is the free tuition in schools, but asides that ... it's a very reserved country. My suggestion if you are not academically minded, don't go to Finland... almost all the Nigerians doing fine there are very academically inclined.

Good Morning bro,
Kindly,can i will like to contact you to make some inquires for my cousin....!!!
Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by SYNGY(m): 1:12pm On Oct 27, 2018
jazz04:
for the countries you have listed, Is there opportunity to work and study like in the US? and after studies must one return to origin country?
sure bro (according to average student wage)for
Iceland 20h/week
austria 10 hour/week
Finland 25 hours/week
Czech republic unlimited (but finding part time job is the issues as they are rare so its based on study time management)
slovania 30-unlimited (based on study time)
Malta 20-40 hours
Turkey. 20 hours/week
Portugal. (yes Portugal employment rate is increasing ) 20 hours

in Iceland slovania Czech republic and Malta you have a higher chance of securing an English speaking job maybe In teaching and translating
besides Czech republic and Iceland have the highest employment rate in Europe.

The major issue with studying in Germany is the bank statement of 3.8 million it must be in a blocked account meaning you can only withdraw a minimum amount per month so if you think of borrowing the 3.8 million then paying back will be difficult unless you write a letter to the authorities but the embassy might stop one before one gets there sha
Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by SYNGY(m): 1:53pm On Oct 27, 2018
optimusprime2:

I understand your thoughts on Iceland baring the fact that the standard of living so most stuffs are free there,

As for turkey I like you to shed more light as to why it is not good to me the only country better than turkey for low cost and low bank statement is Czech republic and maybe Estonia BTW Nigerian government offers 90 percent scholarship to study in turkey with only Germany Norway (courses in english) and Finland and Czech rep being cheaper tuition options

as for Czech rep and slovania most of their citizens speak English as second language because of the burden their language gives on expats (language course for Czech republic is 1year long!) Slovakia and estonia are like Russia in Europe soil

for Hungary nigerians study there because it is the cheapest place to study in Europe with the fact they have courses in English too at moderate fees better than Cyprus and Ukraine but student wages are very low

Austria.
no need for language course from embassy
highest living standard
2.5 million bank statement
less competitive job opportunity for student but wages are still high
and the dialect in German is harder to learn

for Finland only languages in Finnish and Swedish are free but kiss your social life outside campus's goodbye

bear in mind that you can spend 1 year in a better high earning country like Norway and Denmark with Erasmus and make enough fund and connection to support you self the following year and beyond cheers.
Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by tabithababy(f): 3:22pm On Oct 27, 2018
shocked

1 Like

Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by PinkDick(m): 9:16pm On Oct 27, 2018
shocked
Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by Gavrelino123: 9:28pm On Oct 27, 2018
SYNGY:

I understand your thoughts on Iceland baring the fact that the standard of living so most stuffs are free there,

As for turkey I like you to shed more light as to why it is not good to me the only country better than turkey for low cost and low bank statement is Czech republic and maybe Estonia BTW Nigerian government offers 90 percent scholarship to study in turkey with only Germany Norway (courses in english) and Finland and Czech rep being cheaper tuition options

as for Czech rep and slovania most of their citizens speak English as second language because of the burden their language gives on expats (language course for Czech republic is 1year long!) Slovakia and estonia are like Russia in Europe soil

for Hungary nigerians study there because it is the cheapest place to study in Europe with the fact they have courses in English too at moderate fees better than Cyprus and Ukraine but student wages are very low

Austria.
no need for language course from embassy
highest living standard
2.5 million bank statement
less competitive job opportunity for student but wages are still high
and the dialect in German is harder to learn

for Finland only languages in Finnish and Swedish are free but kiss your social life outside campus's goodbye

bear in mind that you can spend 1 year in a better high earning country like Norway and Denmark with Erasmus and make enough fund and connection to support you self the following year and beyond cheers.
Apart from Germany,which other country is the best in terms of hierarchy and Employments for students in Europe?
Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by Gent009: 9:30pm On Oct 27, 2018
ojonugway:
and how can i get there?

With that amount u can consider USA. If u get the visa u will find ur way round school fees payment. And break even
Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by SYNGY(m): 10:10pm On Oct 27, 2018
Gavrelino123:

Apart from Germany,which other country is the best in terms of hierarchy and Employments for students in Europe?
according to my research for per time jobs for major countries
Belgium 20h/w Netherland 10h/w Norway 20h/w Austria 10h/w Denmark 20/w Sweden unlimited Luxembourg 10h/w Switzerland 15hours/w(but Switzerland is not under Erasmus) Iceland 20h/per week and turkey 20h/week

you see some countries limit the work time for student so they don't lose focus of studies
my advise is to start studies from a small country like Turkey(90% government scholarship ) or Cyprus Ukraine under Europe education system and transfer studies to a better country with low fees Germany Belgium or Norway because visa processing in those countries will be easier as you can easily get sponsor for your bank statement like if you study in Turkey /Cyprus transferring or traveling to Germany become way easier with the number of universities in germany

2 Likes

Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by Gavrelino123: 10:15pm On Oct 27, 2018
Gent009:

With that amount u can consider USA. If u get the visa u will find ur way round school fees payment. And break even
How is this possible with that meager amount..?
How is he going to get a job in the US.?
Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by SYNGY(m): 10:35pm On Oct 27, 2018
Gavrelino123:

Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by SYNGY(m): 10:42pm On Oct 27, 2018
Gavrelino123:

mehn I don't know only if he is on a scholarship or something in a low tuition low cost uni/city maybe Texas area
he can still check for school fees prices in community college and institutes if he prefers US another way is undergoing vocational training in US through US visit visa or the 90% sholarship to turkey with 800k-1million as total processing budget

Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by Gavrelino123: 10:55pm On Oct 27, 2018

1 Like

Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by ojonugway(m): 11:50pm On Oct 27, 2018
optimusprime2:
Brov Germany is the best option,
But you need to budget at least 6Million NGN for the whole process flight ticket inclusive.
1Million or even 3Million is not enough.
But it's worth it... studying in Germany will open your eyes to a lot of things as well as opportunities & eventually you will realize that the world does not revolve around the US, at some point you may have a free path to go but you would have lost the enthusiasm.

Fyi; the Euro is not the Dollar's mate if making cash is your motivation for running to the US.
thanks a thousand times. i love germany even though i'm a little obsessed with the u.s . i will just have to double my hustle for an additional yr to see if i can raise that money. and if i cant, i will choose turkey and czech to start with.

1 Like

Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by SYNGY(m): 12:04am On Oct 28, 2018
ojonugway:

thanks a thousand times. i love germany even though i'm a little obsessed with the u.s . i will just have to double my hustle for an additional yr to see if i can raise that money. and if i cant, i will choose turkey and czech to start with.
sure bro how about your academic qualification for Germany ? one can't study the with only o levels except you want to study in English
Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by optimusprime2(m): 9:49am On Oct 28, 2018
SYNGY:

according to my research for per time jobs for major countries
Belgium 20h/w Netherland 10h/w Norway 20h/w Austria 10h/w Denmark 20/w Sweden unlimited Luxembourg 10h/w Switzerland 15hours/w(but Switzerland is not under Erasmus) Iceland 20h/per week and turkey 20h/week

you see some countries limit the work time for student so they don't lose focus of studies
my advise is to start studies from a small country like Turkey(90% government scholarship ) or Cyprus Ukraine under Europe education system and transfer studies to a better country with low fees Germany Belgium or Norway because visa processing in those countries will be easier as you can easily get sponsor for your bank statement like if you study in Turkey /Cyprus transferring or traveling to Germany become way easier with the number of universities in germany

To transfer in theory sounds very easy, but practically it is sometimes nearly impossible.
I will explain, most "cheap" universities in Turkey do not operate on the curriculum (ECTS) obtained in Europe, so most public Universities in Europe will not accept the transcripts for a transfer as they are strict on that, except you are in a private university that has the curriculum or you are transferring to a private university in Europe that can convert your CR hrs to ECTS and in that case the private universities are expensive.
Unis in Norway, Sweden, Denmark & Austria can be very fussy about that, and you must have standard test scores in IELTS, or GRE/SAT before you are accepted for a transfer. So if you are going to a "cheap" universities, be careful otherwise the transfer plan may not be easily feasible.

2 Likes

Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by ojonugway(m): 10:09am On Oct 28, 2018
optimusprime2:

To transfer in theory sounds very easy, but practically it is sometimes nearly impossible.
I will explain, most "cheap" universities in Turkey do not operate on the curriculum (ECTS) obtained in Europe, so most public Universities in Europe will not accept the transcripts for a transfer as they are strict on that, except you are in a private university that has the curriculum or you are transferring to a private university in Europe that can convert your CR hrs to ECTS and in that case the private universities are expensive.
Unis in Norway, Sweden, Denmark & Austria can be very fussy about that, and you must have standard test scores in IELTS, or GRE/SAT before you are accepted for a transfer. So if you are going to a "cheap" universities, be careful otherwise the transfer plan may not be easily feasible.
why is nobody talking about malta? i heard its easy to become a citizen there. pls i want the legends to shed some light on it
Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by Gent009: 11:07am On Oct 28, 2018
Gavrelino123:
How is this possible with that meager amount..? How is he going to get a job in the US.?
what does account have to do with job?
Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by Gavrelino123: 12:48pm On Oct 28, 2018
Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by DAramis: 1:35pm On Oct 28, 2018
SYNGY:

Can you shed more light on this and how it works please?
Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by ElGabi(m): 1:39pm On Oct 28, 2018
Gent009:

Please shed more light on this. Thanks.
Re: PLS Help...!germany Vs South Korea...get In Lets Analyse! by SYNGY(m): 2:51pm On Oct 28, 2018
optimusprime2:

Yes I know it is not easy but nothing is impossible it depends on the number of students the university can take for the course and your academic performance and luck if you applied to many universities so your chances of transferring to a vocational school(honshule) inch Germany let's say (honshule rhien waal)
is higher than that of a recognised university in Germany (RWTH Aachen)

They also consider:-
1)the number if students that failed the course you want to transfer to
2)the number of students that want to transfer to the course.

3)the admission quota for the course.

4)the number of relevant subject you studied in you first year depending on the university and country.

5)the number of study hours to get 1 credit (Germany is 30h/1estc credit that of turkey is 25-30h/1 estc credit)

6)in some universities some professors conduct entrance exams for subject that were missing in your first year curriculum or you have to spend more time to complete those subject based on the number of study hours to get 1credit. this also allows students from outside Europe(USA Australia ) to also transfer

a course with the same major core subject but different name (electronic technician to electrical engineering)

a course with the different core subject but same faculty (biochemistry to chemistry)I

so you see you have to know to if the course you want to study is transferrable or not and the number of universities options you have
according to recent research student chose courses based on course subject and contents

as for the over 200 public universities in Turkey not using estc credit the world ranked public universities in Turkey like (from uludag university and Istanbul university)with a number of around 20 use etsc credit in their curriculum

and there are also other student exchange option uludag university have about 5 programs for student exchange and other universities that accept Uuyos exam in Turkey.
cheers

(1) (2) (Reply)

Delay At The ATM Saves Man From Boarding Commercial Bus Involved In A Fatal Acci / Inside Valley Of Death That Kills Whatever Passes Through (Photos) / How Easy Is Life For Nigerians (or Non-eu) In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.