Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (427347 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abekeade1: 9:20am On Jan 17, 2019
LegitBachelor:
You can fill the DS-160 form now but don't submit yet. Also you can go to gtbank and pay for the K1 Visa and hold on to the receipt. You can also create a profile at ustraveldocs.com/ng. Make sure you use a valid email address.

Once the Embassy confirms receipt of your casefile, you can then quickly submit your form and then fill in your receipt number and other K1application details on your ustraveldoc profile.

The next step is to schedule an appointment. If you can't, no cause for alarm. Just keep checking your profile page until dates pop up.

PS: Just as nextlevel2222 adviced, you guys should email the embassy requesting to confirm if they've received your casefile. It takes 5 to 6 days for them to respond. If you guys don't email them, you might not know on time when you can proceed.

Thank you baba. I will do ad you said.

Please how much am I paying at the GTBank ? And is it the same amount for kid (7yrs old) too?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nextlevel2222: 1:38pm On Jan 17, 2019
select500:

For her to stay for seven days is not too bad.
How long have you guys been communicating before now? You need to save all those Chat Logs and FaceTime you have both done.
There some people that got their Fiancee Visa with just one visit. Some cannot visit more than 1 time due to work and school schedules. But as long as your relationship is genuine, you should be good to go.
Also, remember not to do any official ceremony when she visits, if you are going to file for the K-1 Visa.
Cheers!

I did absentee introduction with my fiance not around.... I have the photobook of the ceremony with me and part of the pictures were used by my fiancee to file for the k1...

Does that mean I shouldn't show them the photobook of the introduction?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 4:22pm On Jan 17, 2019
nextlevel2222:

I did absentee introduction with my fiance not around.... I have the photobook of the ceremony with me and part of the pictures were used by my fiancee to file for the k1...

Honestly I can’t say, was it a simple or a large one? I will leave this for the others to chip in their advice.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 5:16pm On Jan 17, 2019
nextlevel2222:

I don't think it is advisable to show them your introduction pictures. I think that automatically qualifies as an official ceremony. And you should not be "married" in any way as at now, since you are filing for a K-1 Visa. (such pictures are better for a Spousal Visa).

Just show them your pictures together at different locations. Avoid pictures where you are also dressed in the same attire.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 6:03pm On Jan 17, 2019
nextlevel2222:

Not advisable. I've read of cases were the application was denied because of this. Although the denial/non-approval could be appealed but that's another long process.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 6:05pm On Jan 17, 2019
abekeade1:

Thank you baba. I will do ad you said.

Please how much am I paying at the GTBank ? And is it the same amount for kid (7yrs old) too?
$265. That should be N95400 or a bit more.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Baahubali: 6:23pm On Jan 17, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Thanks so much sharpman1.

I have a question though. I created a profile with traveldocs when applying for my B1/B2 Visit Visa. Should I use the same profile and email address for my K1 Visa Application?

yes you can! I did exactly that.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Baahubali: 6:29pm On Jan 17, 2019
jamoyakz:
is police report important in K1 visa process and most the report only gotten in Ikoyi?

go to the state CID of the state where you have resided in the past one year.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 6:49pm On Jan 17, 2019
Baahubali:

yes you can! I did exactly that.
Yeah. I did that too. But I noticed that the D160 form number on my profile when I did that was the one I used for my Visit Visa Application and I couldn't change it on my own. Had to mail the traveldocs guys to change it for me.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Baahubali: 8:22pm On Jan 17, 2019
LegitBachelor:
You can fill the DS-160 form now but don't submit yet. Also you can go to gtbank and pay for the K1 Visa and hold on to the receipt. You can also create a profile at ustraveldocs.com/ng. Make sure you use a valid email address.

Once the Embassy confirms receipt of your casefile, you can then quickly submit your form and then fill in your receipt number and other K1application details on your ustraveldoc profile.

The next step is to schedule an appointment. If you can't, no cause for alarm. Just keep checking your profile page until dates pop up.

PS: Just as nextlevel2222 adviced, you guys should email the embassy requesting to confirm if they've received your casefile. It takes 5 to 6 days for them to respond. If you guys don't email them, you might not know on time when you can proceed.

can one pay for visa without getting a case number from NVC?

if yes,what then is the purpose of the case number?

or at what stage of the visa journey does one use it?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Baahubali: 8:27pm On Jan 17, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Yeah. I did that too. But I noticed that the D160 form number on my profile when I did that was the one I used for my Visit Visa Application and I couldn't change it on my own. Had to mail the traveldocs guys to change it for me.

did they change that after you had completed the appointment booking?

where you sent a new appointment confirmation after the change?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nextlevel2222: 9:36pm On Jan 17, 2019
select500:

I don't think it is advisable to show them your introduction pictures. I think that automatically qualifies as an official ceremony. And you should not be "married" in any way as at now, since you are filing for a K-1 Visa. (such pictures are better for a Spousal Visa).

Just show them your pictures together at different locations. Avoid pictures where you are also dressed in the same attire.

Cheers!
We dnt have pictures at different location... I only have 4 pictures with him when he came to my church before we did the introduction.

The introduction I did, he was not around, it is only his family that came... He was not present.
We only put his photograph on the chair beside me
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nextlevel2222: 9:37pm On Jan 17, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Honestly I can’t say, was it a simple or a large one? I will leave this for the others to chip in their advice.

Large one but my fiancee was not around, only his family were present. We only put his photograph beside me.

Will they still count that as Marriage with him not present?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 9:51pm On Jan 17, 2019
nextlevel2222:

Large one but my fiancee was not around, only his family were present. We only put his photograph beside me.

Yes, the embassy will think you guys are “too married”. But with him not present could sway things in your favor. Just pray.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nkel08: 10:00pm On Jan 17, 2019
Hello Everyone,
Please guys I need your urgent help!. I have a girlfriend (US citizen) in the states and she's visited me in Nigeria for 3 weeks in November 2018. This is actually our first meeting and we got engaged. After that she returns to back to States. I don't know if easy for her file for fiancee visa or i should file from Nigeria. Please what should be our next step. Please guys advice me.
Thanks.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nextlevel2222: 10:34pm On Jan 17, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Yes, the embassy will think you guys are “too married”. But with him not present could sway things in your favor. Just pray.

If they think like that I dnt what to do tell them. Se they dnt know that in Nigeria we have engagement ceremony and Marriage ceremony. How can someone marry without spouse present?

More so, the introduction pictures is what my fiancee used to file for the petition over there. Thats part of what he use to show bona-fide relationship between us for the petition and it was approved.
Going to interview without the pictures of the introdution my fiancee used during the filing of the petition will look somehow? What do you think?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 10:49pm On Jan 17, 2019
nextlevel2222:

If they think like that I dnt what to do tell them. Se they dnt know that in Nigeria we have engagement ceremony and Marriage ceremony. How can someone marry without spouse present?

More so, the introduction pictures is what my fiancee used to file for the petition over there. Thats part of what he use to show bona-fide relationship between us for the petition and it was approved.
Going to interview without the pictures of the introdution my fiancee used during the filing of the petition will look somehow? What do you think?

Yes these embassies know all the cultures of each country they are in. You can’t blame them, some people try to beat the system by getting married and then filing for K1 to get their respective spouses faster. Like I said, him not being present could sway things to your favor because he is not present. Just tell them it’s an engagement ceremony. And pray sister. I wish good luck but he rest assured, you got this.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Vinnyy: 12:33am On Jan 18, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Guys I'm afraid this ongoing American Shutdown might affect this K1 visa application on the long run. Heard Trump is ready to continue with the shutdown for months and to even more than one year.

Currently, the shutdown isn't affecting the Visa Interviews at the embassy. But I heard NVC is affected.
bro has the shut down affected visa application in any way?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Beautyaddy: 12:43am On Jan 18, 2019
nextlevel2222:

Hmmm, out of curiosity, why wasn't he present for the introduction?

The visa officers are pretty much aware of most if not all the different type of ceremonies of family introductions that don't mean getting married taking place in Nigeria.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by djfrancis: 12:46am On Jan 18, 2019
Baahubali:

can one pay for visa without getting a case number from NVC?

if yes,what then is the purpose of the case number?

or at what stage of the visa journey does one use it?

yes you can because you can use your WAC number to fill the DS-160 but it is not advisable to as it portrays desperation.

The case number indicates your case is at the embassy in a file
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by djfrancis: 12:51am On Jan 18, 2019
nextlevel2222:

We dnt have pictures at different location... I only have 4 pictures with him when he came to my church before we did the introduction.

The introduction I did, he was not around, it is only his family that came... He was not present.
We only put his photograph on the chair beside me

first off, you don't even need an introduction to do a K1. The absence of your fiance will lead to more questions. Take pictures of both of you as well as family and friends if you have. Take a lot of chats and calls, his travel itinerary when he came to naija, the stamp in his passport and the data page. Try as much as possible not to mention anything about the intro

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Beautyaddy: 12:59am On Jan 18, 2019
djfrancis:

first off, you don't even need an introduction to do a K1. The absence of your fiance will lead to more questions. Take pictures of both of you as well as family and friends if you have. Take a lot of chats and calls, his travel itinerary when he came to naija, the stamp in his passport and the data page. Try as much as possible not to mention anything about the intro

And why is that?

I know of family member who did introductions of getting the in-laws to meet and that still did not affect her K1 visa approval.

In fact, it gave the relationship a boost by convicing the visa officer that the relationship was genuine.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by djfrancis: 1:20am On Jan 18, 2019
nkel08:
Hello Everyone,
Please guys I need your urgent help!. I have a girlfriend (US citizen) in the states and she's visited me in Nigeria for 3 weeks in November 2018. This is actually our first meeting and we got engaged. After that she returns to back to States. I don't know if easy for her file for fiancee visa or i should file from Nigeria. Please what should be our next step. Please guys advice me.
Thanks.

she has to file from the US.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by djfrancis: 1:23am On Jan 18, 2019
Beautyaddy:

And why is that?

I know of family member who did introductions of getting the in-laws to meet and that still did not affect her K1 visa approval.

In fact, it gave the relationship a boost by convicing the visa officer that the relationship was genuine.

i also had introduction but my fiancee was present. why i said that is to avoid the idea by the consular that it was an arranged event. Those guys can be crazy sometimes. It can also work in her favour if she is able to explain the reason for his absence and that no dowry was paid

Sometimes, no questions may be asked. it all depends on God and the mood of the consular officer

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by djfrancis: 1:26am On Jan 18, 2019
Vinnyy:
bro has the shut down affected visa application in any way?

not at all

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 1:34am On Jan 18, 2019
djfrancis:

not at all

How the other side bro. Saw your post on POE thread. Hope you are doing great!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Beautyaddy: 1:37am On Jan 18, 2019
djfrancis:

i also had introduction but my fiancee was present. why i said that is to avoid the idea by the consular that it was an arranged event. Those guys can be crazy sometimes. It can also work in her favour if she is able to explain the reason for his absence and that no dowry was paid

Sometimes, no questions may be asked. it all depends on God and the mood of the consular officer

Okay, that highlighted part also got me confused too and that's why I asked her why he wasn't present for the introduction?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 1:41am On Jan 18, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Okay, that highlighted part also got me confused too and that's why I asked her why he wasn't present for the introduction?

I am curious too. Not being present could shed some light.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by djfrancis: 2:00am On Jan 18, 2019
Drenimarcus:

How the other side bro. Saw your post on POE thread. Hope you are doing great!

bro i am very well o. one month plus now
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 2:03am On Jan 18, 2019
djfrancis:

bro i am very well o. one month plus now

Chai! Hope the weather isn’t too killing �. How is fiancée(wifey)? Wishing all the best and no comot here o, we still need your input. All the best brother
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by djfrancis: 2:12am On Jan 18, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Chai! Hope the weather isn’t too killing �. How is fiancée(wifey)? Wishing all the best and no comot here o, we still need your input. All the best brother

haha. the weather is fine o. i kuku like winter before. lol. Wifey dey o. i dey here no wahala

where you dey?

Thanks man.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 2:33am On Jan 18, 2019
djfrancis:

haha. the weather is fine o. i kuku like winter before. lol. Wifey dey o. i dey here no wahala

where you dey?

Thanks man.

Baba I deh obodo Nigeria at the moment lol. Expecting NOA2. Glad wifey is doing good.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.