Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,985 members, 7,799,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (425224 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 2:21pm On Dec 14, 2019
disguy1:
Hi Guys, so I’ve been reviewing interview questions. There’s one that has me stumped.

Why are you getting married in the US?” OR “Why don’t you get married in Nigeria?

Please what’s the best way to answer this question? seems like a tricky question without a right answer. Would appreciate people who have been asked during their interviews to help out or anyone who has a helpful answer.

By the way, my response would have been: Because she has her whole family and job there and I do not intend to disrupt that.

Seems like an inadequate response to me though because I also have that here in naija.

Looking forward to helpful contributions.

CC: @legitbachelor, @Drenimarcus, @Sharpman1 et al....

Saw this question once on vj. So I screenshot it for future purpose.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by saintrise: 4:37pm On Dec 14, 2019
@drenimarcus congratulations bro. Goodnews every where.....pls how long did it take after biometrics?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by DankbaresHerz: 4:47pm On Dec 14, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Congrats. There's someone who can help with relevant info: @kunlelikeme. He is based in Germany. All the best.

Thank you boss. I will reach out to him.

On another note, with case of NPC birth certificate, I only have birth certificate that was issued by NPC wch was back dated, from d points i have read so far, guess i will need the attestation of the birth certificate... please who can help me or someone that knows someone that can help me with the attestation, i will really appreciate
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 4:48pm On Dec 14, 2019
saintrise:
@drenimarcus congratulations bro. Goodnews every where.....pls how long did it take after biometrics?

Thanks bro. Biometrics was on September 16. So 2 months?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 5:42pm On Dec 14, 2019
Drenimarcus:
Just an update, EAD/AP was approved on Wednesday, combo card mailed today grin grin grin grin I hope everyone is doing good? More successful interviews and approvals. @legitbachelor @sharpman1 will there be end of the year party in Texas?? firewood jollof rice deh hungry me cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

@Drenimarcus,

Congrats on that!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by saintrise: 6:16pm On Dec 14, 2019
K bro. nice one. so grateful. mine was in october though.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 14, 2019
disguy1:

Lol. I thought I asked for helpful comments o. So your advice is to get married before applying for a K1 visa? shocked shocked shocked
I take exception to your cheating comments sir! I’ll assume it’s not directed at me though cos u don’t know anything about me.
Please I need helpful comment oooo
Yes, married a Nigerian way with all family and friends around shows you and your family accept and respect this marriage. US embassy knows some cases when the Nigerian husband even hides his American marriage saying it's a job visa and have a Nigerian wife and kids back home which is supported by his family and the American wife doesn't have a clue about it.

And no, it's not directed to you, it's a generic answer related to your question, suits to everybody.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by molybdenum0012: 9:58am On Dec 15, 2019
DankbaresHerz:

Thank you boss. I will reach out to him.

On another note, with case of NPC birth certificate, I only have birth certificate that was issued by NPC wch was back dated, from d points i have read so far, guess i will need the attestation of the birth certificate... please who can help me or someone that knows someone that can help me with the attestation, i will really appreciate

Hello brother, I can help you out. send me a mail jonathangnenga@gmail.com
respond if you ve seen this message so i can remove my mail
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 3:50pm On Dec 15, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Like I said, the best response to that question is the truth. If these responses posted by a vj member is the truth for Disguy1, then he can provide it as his answer if asked. However if its not, the CO might find out he's lying and that could affect his approval. The CO' s are experts at probing if they suspect sth fishy.

For instance, if they suspect you said sth that's not true, they can probe further by asking leading questions. The first option given by the vj member is to "test waters". The CO might ask why are you testing waters if you truly love her. They might also ask why don't she come to Nigeria to "test waters" since its much easier for her to come to Nigeria (since she is both Nigerian and American) than for you to go to America. Options 2, 3 and 4 doesnt apply to you since you are a guy. But even if you want to reverse it, they can still probe further by asking why. For instance, if you say you want her family in the States to get to know you, they will ask why not she also come to Nigeria to get to know your family....you get my drift?

Concerning frypuffpuff's suggestion, they can ask why don't she first come to Nigeria to meet your parents? They know the Nigerian customs and know that our customs value both parents of the bride and groom. They know that your parents are meant to see the bride and give their blessings as well. So they can probe along that line.

So, like I said earlier, there is no standard answer to that question. The only standard answer is the truth and nothing but the truth. If the truth is that you feel america is the best place for you and your future wife because it has a better economy than Nigeria or better security than Nigeria. Then go-ahead and say it. If the truth is that you also want to study in the US after marriage then say it. As long as you truly love your fiance, you are fine, the CO can't come in between your love for her. They can't deny two love birds coming together to get married. But if you don't love her, then.....I have nothing to say :-x. I trust you do love her.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Thanks bro. I have 2 jobs waiting sef. Hope you are doing good?
Wow, awesome. That's great. All the very best.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 7:16pm On Dec 15, 2019
I did my police report in September, should I do another one? Or go for my interview with that one?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by frypuffpuff(m): 7:10am On Dec 16, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Like I said, the best response to that question is the truth. If these responses posted by a vj member is the truth for Disguy1, then he can provide it as his answer if asked. However if its not, the CO might find out he's lying and that could affect his approval. The CO' s are experts at probing if they suspect sth fishy.

For instance, if they suspect you said sth that's not true, they can probe further by asking leading questions. The first option given by the vj member is to "test waters". The CO might ask why are you testing waters if you truly love her. They might also ask why don't she come to Nigeria to "test waters" since its much easier for her to come to Nigeria (since she is both Nigerian and American) than for you to go to America. Options 2, 3 and 4 doesnt apply to you since you are a guy. But even if you want to reverse it, they can still probe further by asking why. For instance, if you say you want her family in the States to get to know you, they will ask why not she also come to Nigeria to get to know your family....you get my drift?

Concerning frypuffpuff's suggestion, they can ask why don't she first come to Nigeria to meet your parents? They know the Nigerian customs and know that our customs value both parents of the bride and groom. They know that your parents are meant to see the bride and give their blessings as well. So they can probe along that line.

So, like I said earlier, there is no standard answer to that question. The only standard answer is the truth and nothing but the truth. If the truth is that you feel america is the best place for you and your future wife because it has a better economy than Nigeria or better security than Nigeria. Then go-ahead and say it. If the truth is that you also want to study in the US after marriage then say it. As long as you truly love your fiance, you are fine, the CO can't come in between your love for her. They can't deny two love birds coming together to get married. But if you don't love her, then.....I have nothing to say :-x. I trust you do love her.
you have a point bro. Thanks for shedding more light on this. Honesty is key.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by frypuffpuff(m): 7:12am On Dec 16, 2019
Drenimarcus:

thanks for this. How is it over there sir? Hope you pushing it with perseverance, God, love and determination? All the best sir.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 9:10am On Dec 16, 2019
[quote author=dicsnemma post=84883928][/quote]
Amen!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by DankbaresHerz: 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2019
[quote author=molybdenum0012 post=84924598]

I hv seen it, will send you email shortly. Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 11:36pm On Dec 17, 2019
frypuffpuff:
thanks for this. How is it over there sir? Hope you pushing it with perseverance, God, love and determination? All the best sir.

Doing good thanks so much. Happy holidays.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by davido05: 8:40am On Dec 18, 2019
@legitbachelor good morning brother. Please can I get your email address? I want to discuss something with and it's so urgent . thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 11:37am On Dec 18, 2019
Is it really true that the Embassy don’t accept stapled documents The responses from VJ on this topic is quite confusing.

@disguy1, have you heard from the embassy yet bro?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by kunlelikeme: 1:09pm On Dec 18, 2019
Kk

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 6:00pm On Dec 18, 2019
kunlelikeme:
Good day everyone,please I want to ask how do you print your chat history on whatsapp,i did exported it and I have almost 700pages.
and also how do you do the call log on whatsapp because that is where I communicate with my fiancee
@kunlelikeme if u check from pg 80 to 90 sure u ll see how to go about the chat,i did mine by going to my fiance chat box and click on the options on the top right corner which to me to export chat i exported it to my email but i excluded the media cos with media one could hve almost 600 to 700 pages to print which is so so much,so with the media excluded still had almost 158 pages to print now still scared on that sef..lolzz.. for the call logs i think @@legitBachelor once mentioned a screen shot of the call log and it be printed... @@legitBachelor kindly advise on how to do the call logs cos am lost on how to do the call logs,if one can get it via web same way as chats... thank you

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 10:57pm On Dec 18, 2019
kunlelikeme:
Good day everyone,please I want to ask how do you print your chat history on whatsapp,i did exported it and I have almost 700pages.
and also how do you do the call log on whatsapp because that is where I communicate with my fiancee

You can take screenshots of the chats you want to show and then print them out on A4 paper.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Study4life: 11:19pm On Dec 18, 2019
@legitbachelor, sharpman AND other elders

Pls if one wants a letter of introduction from his place of work here in Nigeria, just in case, should the letter be addressed to

US Embassy Nigeria OR

US Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Study4life: 11:23pm On Dec 18, 2019
Pls
legitbachelor, sharpman AND other elders

With respect to this WhatsApp call log details, is there anyway it can show the phone numbers of the person you called, cuz normally it only shows the name of the person you called .
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 11:24pm On Dec 18, 2019
Study4life:

Pls if one wants a letter of introduction from his place of work here in Nigeria, just in case, should the letter be addressed to

US Embassy Nigeria OR

Is this also a requirement for the K1 application interview?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 11:37pm On Dec 18, 2019
Please which of the forms did you guys fill? DS 160 or 260? Hope I didn’t fill the wrong form. I filled 160
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 11:54pm On Dec 18, 2019
Study4life:
Pls
legitbachelor, sharpman AND other elders

With respect to this WhatsApp call log details, is there anyway it can show the phone numbers of the person you called, cuz normally it only shows the name of the person you called .

You should delete the persons contact on your phone.

If you do that, only the phone number will show on the call logs and text messages.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 11:57pm On Dec 18, 2019
Study4life:

US Embassy Nigeria OR

What do you need the letter from the beneficiary's place of work for? Totally unnecessary for your k1 application.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 11:58pm On Dec 18, 2019
Glorioussugar:
Please which of the forms did you guys fill? DS 160 or 260? Hope I didn’t fill the wrong form. I filled 160

DS 160 for the K1 application.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by finalex4real(m): 1:40am On Dec 19, 2019
GREEN CARD APPROVED.

Hello People.

I got help from this channel during my process. Hopefully someone gets help from this post too.

My Green Card petition got approved today.

Here is a summary if my timeline.

-K1 visa got approved in Lagos mid June this year

-got into US mid July

-filed for Adjustment of Status late August

-Biometrics late September

-Interview Scheduled mid November

-EAD got approved last Friday (yet to receive it)

-GC nterview held today (approved )

Interview Details:

-was scheduled for 12 noon

-we got there 11:2am

-went through security

-Got called in at 12:09

-CO separated and interviewed us individually.

-Grilled my woman for 15mins.
- Took her out, called me in and grilled me for 15mins.

Here are some of the Questions:

After oath,

-He first went through the i-485 form with me to verify if anything has changed after filing, He asked me same questions as contained in the form.

Asked a bunch of questions like if I am a terrorist, here to overthrow the govt, ever involved in child trafficking, ever removed from the country etc which I answered "No" to all.

Other questions in no particular order:

-How did you meet?

-who proposed?

-Describe your reactions when you arrived in the US.

-where did you guys first drive to?

-how many bathrooms are in your apartment

-what does your wife love doing?

-what meal does she love most?

-what meal do you love most?

-How much do you guys pay for rent?

-what's your wife's phone number?

-where does she work at?

-how many Tvs are at your apartment?

-what is your address here in the US.

-what are the names of her siblings?

-Names of her Parents.

These and several other questions, some of which were follow up to answers I had provided

At some point, he Said My answers corresponds with my wife's and therefore he was not going to waste too much of our time. Called my wife in and gave us detail information about what it means to be a permanent residence, said GC is valid for 2 years after which we will file for removal of conditions.
Said I can apply for citizenship after three yrs of becoming a permanent resident.

ADVICE.
You re good as far as your relationship is genuine. Panic not. Be patient, try not to get into any problems during wait period. Be sure you both have same story. Know your apartment

Get all your facts straight, above all, be real, be truthful, you just might not know what your wife was asked and what her answers were. However if you both are truthful, your answers will definitely tally.

Again, Make sure your story corresponds with your wife's. You might be interviewed separately.

Finally lIke many have said on this platform, put God first. My process went 3 times faster than I expected. It's a thing of surprise to get GC within 3.5 months of filing.

You have any questions? I will be happy to help with answers.

Goodluck to you all.

5 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 3:18am On Dec 19, 2019
finalex4real:
GREEN CARD APPROVED.

Hello People.

I got help from this channel during my process. Hopefully someone gets help from this post too.

-got into US mid July

Interview Details:

-went through security

After oath,

-He first went through the i-485 form with me to verify if anything has changed after filing, He asked me same questions as contained in the form.

Asked a bunch of questions like if I am a terrorist, here to overthrow the govt, ever involved in child trafficking, ever removed from the country etc which I answered "No" to all.

-How did you meet?

-who proposed?

-where does she work at?

-Names of her Parents.

These and several other questions, some of which were follow up to answers I had provided

At some point, he Said My answers corresponds with my wife's and therefore he was not going to waste too much of our time. Called my wife in and gave us detail information about what it means to be a permanent residence, said GC is valid for 2 years after which we will file for removal of conditions.
Said I can apply for citizenship after three yrs of becoming a permanent resident.

ADVICE.
You re good as far as your relationship is genuine. Panic not. Be patient, try not to get into any problems during wait period. Be sure you both have same story. Know your apartment

Get all your facts straight, above all, be real, be truthful, you just might not know what your wife was asked and what her answers were. However if you both are truthful, your answers will definitely tally.

Again, Make sure your story corresponds with your wife's. You might be interviewed separately.

Finally lIke many have said on this platform, put God first. My process went 3 times faster than I expected. It's a thing of surprise to get GC within 3.5 months of filing.

Goodluck to you all.

Congratulations

So we still have round 2 interview ehh? It is well o.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 4:47am On Dec 19, 2019
finalex4real:
GREEN CARD APPROVED.

Hello People.

-got into US mid July

Interview Details:

-went through security

After oath,

-How did you meet?

-who proposed?

-where does she work at?

-Names of her Parents.

ADVICE.

Goodluck to you all.

Congratulations. That's a pretty fast timeline.

Which City / State did you have your interview?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by daisydamsy: 11:25am On Dec 19, 2019
Hi everyone. Pls I sent a letter of intent to my fiancé in the USA through EMS since I heard that it has to be a wet signature. I sent the letter and my passport photos last month as priority mail which supposed to take 10 working days. It’s now 20days and my fiancé is yet to receive the mail. Has anyone used EMS before? Is it necessary that the letter be wet signature or can it be scanned so that he can get it in time? We really want to send the I129F this month. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

Viewing this topic: tayotp and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.