Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (427067 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nextlevel2222: 6:16am On Jan 18, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Okay, that highlighted part also got me confused too and that's why I asked her why he wasn't present for the introduction?

Laugh, how will they think it's an arrange introduction? Is it not the same introduction pictures he used in filing for the K1 over there to proof for the bona-fide relationship.

He owns a company in aviation,he was contacted by United Nation to give quotations of some projects thats why he wasn't around.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 7:37am On Jan 18, 2019
nextlevel2222:

Laugh, how will they think it's an arrange introduction? Is it not the same introduction pictures he used in filing for the K1 over there to proof for the bona-fide relationship.

He owns a company in aviation,he was contacted by United Nation to give quotations of some projects thats why he wasn't around.

Good morning, don’t over work yourself okay? You got this. Being approved by USCIS and at the embassy is 2 different things. Uscis Approves petition, embassy grants visa. So far you know your fiancé well, you good to go. You got this

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 8:33am On Jan 18, 2019
Baahubali:

can one pay for visa without getting a case number from NVC?

if yes,what then is the purpose of the case number?

or at what stage of the visa journey does one use it?
You already have a case number. If you don't know it, ask your fiancee who is a US citizen to call the NVC guys to get it. However, one can make payments even if one hasn't gotten a case number as long as he doesn't submit the DS-160 form.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 8:36am On Jan 18, 2019
Baahubali:

did they change that after you had completed the appointment booking?

where you sent a new appointment confirmation after the change?
Yes, they changed it for me after I had completed the appointment booking. They didn't change my appointment date. I don't think they sent me an appointment confirmation, but you can always print a new appointment confirmation by yourself. There's even a place on your ustraveldoc profile where you can send your confirmation to your email.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 8:46am On Jan 18, 2019
nextlevel2222:

The USCIS don't grant visa, they only approve that the application should be sent to the embassy for consideration. The Embassy has the final say on granting the Visa and not USCIS.

That been said, just relax. There's no cause to panic. Since you had submitted the introduction pictures to the USCIS guys, it means the Embassy guys will see it too. My advice is that you get documentation ready to show you guys are not yet married (get your intent to marry letter which should say you guys are still single and intend to get married after securing the K1 Visa,
also get a bacherlood or spinster certificate and affidavit, if possible) should the Consular Officer decide to probe you on this. But if the Consular Officer is silent on it, then be silent on it too. You can go with th introduction pictures but don't present it unless requested to do so. And be ready to defend it.

Some Consular Officers tend to give trouble with Introduction Ceremonies. But the fact remains that Introduction is not marriage. This is because no bride price was paid and no traditional wedding was done. So don't worry. As long as you guys love each other, you guys will overcome.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nextlevel2222: 9:00am On Jan 18, 2019
LegitBachelor:
The USCIS don't grant visa, they only approve that the application should be sent to the embassy for consideration. The Embassy has the final say on granting the Visa and not USCIS.

That been said, just relax. There's no cause to panic. Since you had submitted the introduction pictures to the USCIS guys, it means the Embassy guys will see it too. My advice is that you get documentation ready to show you guys are not yet married (get your intent to marry letter which should say you guys are still single and intend to get married after securing the K1 Visa,
also get a bacherlood or spinster certificate and affidavit, if possible) should the Consular Officer decide to probe you on this. But if the Consular Officer is silent on it, then be silent on it too. You can go with th introduction pictures but don't present it unless requested to do so. And be ready to defend it.

Some Consular Officers tend to give trouble with Introduction Ceremonies. But the fact remains that Introduction is not marriage. This is because no bride price was paid and no traditional wedding was done. So don't worry. As long as you guys love each other, you guys will overcome.

Pls tell me where to get the sisterhood certificate?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 9:01am On Jan 18, 2019
Vinnyy:
bro has the shut down affected visa application in any way?
I don't think it has for now.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 9:03am On Jan 18, 2019
nextlevel2222:

Pls tell me where to get the sisterhood certificate?
The Local Government guys give. Also the Ikoyi Marriage Registry gives as well. That of Ikoyi is more expensive. Both are valid although they have their pros and cons.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abekeade1: 10:52am On Jan 18, 2019
@ legitbachrlor, djfrancis,sharpman1 and nextlevel,
Please guys my case is a different one. I am confused when asked how many children one have and how many children are travellinf with you in the DS160 form?

I had one boy before meeting my finance who is a K2 applicant.

But recently I had twins (2 baby boys) for my US citizen.

My question is, do I need to state also the twins in my D'S 160 form where questions about how many children where asked?

Note: my twins has been issued their US Passport.

Do I need to still include them in my DS 160 form?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nkel08: 1:01pm On Jan 18, 2019
Hello Everyone,
Please guys I need your urgent help!. I have a girlfriend (US citizen) in the states and she's visited me in Nigeria for 3 weeks in November 2018. This is actually our first meeting and we got engaged. After that she returns to back to States. I don't know if easy for her to file me for fiancee visa or i should file from Nigeria? Please what should be our next step. Please guys advice me.
Thanks.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 1:18pm On Jan 18, 2019
nkel08:
Hello Everyone,
Please guys I need your urgent help!. I have a girlfriend (US citizen) in the states and she's visited me in Nigeria for 3 weeks in November 2018. This is actually our first meeting and we got engaged. After that she returns to back to States. I don't know if easy for her to file me for fiancee visa or i should file from Nigeria? Please what should be our next step. Please guys advice me.
Thanks.

You already asked and you were told that it’s the USC that files.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Baahubali: 6:19pm On Jan 18, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Yes, they changed it for me after I had completed the appointment booking. They didn't change my appointment date. I don't think they sent me an appointment confirmation, but you can always print a new appointment confirmation by yourself. There's even a place on your ustraveldoc profile where you can send your confirmation to your email.

please, which email address did you use to contact them? or did you use the "provide feedback" on the website?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 6:55pm On Jan 18, 2019
abekeade1:
@ legitbachrlor, djfrancis,sharpman1 and nextlevel,
Please guys my case is a different one. I am confused when asked how many children one have and how many children are travellinf with you in the DS160 form?

I had one boy before meeting my finance who is a K2 applicant.

But recently I had twins (2 baby boys) for my US citizen.

My question is, do I need to state also the twins in my D'S 160 form where questions about how many children where asked?

Note: my twins has been issued their US Passport.

Do I need to still include them in my DS 160 form?
Just fill it as it is. It all depends on the question. If they ask you to state how many children you have then you do so. But if they ask which children are seeking the K2 Visa then you provide those who are seeking K2.

If you are still confused, you can send us a screenshot so we can assist the much we can.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 6:57pm On Jan 18, 2019
Baahubali:

please, which email address did you use to contact them? or did you use the "provide feedback" on the website?
support@ustraveldocs.com
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abekeade1: 5:21pm On Jan 21, 2019
Good afternoon house. legitbachelor , djfrancis pls could you guys list all documents needed to take along for the interview?

Also, I am trying to take a picture of my son for the DS 160form but finding it difficult to get the 240kb size required. Pls how can I go about it ? I used Samsung phone.

Tnx guys.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by KelvinCX(m): 5:49pm On Jan 21, 2019
LegiitBachelor:

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 11:02pm On Jan 23, 2019
abekeade1:
Good afternoon house. legitbachelor , djfrancis pls could you guys list all documents needed to take along for the interview?

Also, I am trying to take a picture of my son for the DS 160form but finding it difficult to get the 240kb size required. Pls how can I go about it ? I used Samsung phone.

Tnx guys.
The basic documents are: Appointment Confirmation Print Out, DS-160 Confirmation Page, GTBank Receipt, International Passport, Two Passport Photograph, Birth Certificate, Police Certificate, Medical Certificate, Affidavit of Support (Fiance), Bank Statement (Fiance), Tax Return (Fiance), Pay Slips (Fiance) and Employment Letter (Fiance). Any other documents are for you to support your case. Remember that photos of you and your fiancee should be with you incase the consular officer requests to see them. Photos of you guys and your son may be needed as well.

Concerning your second question, I advise you go to a good photographer.

6 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nextlevel2222: 3:35pm On Jan 24, 2019
LegitBachelor:
The basic documents are: Appointment Confirmation Print Out, DS-160 Confirmation Page, GTBank Receipt, International Passport, Two Passport Photograph, Birth Certificate, Police Certificate, Medical Certificate, Affidavit of Support (Fiance), Bank Statement (Fiance), Tax Return (Fiance), Pay Slips (Fiance) and Employment Letter (Fiance). Any other documents are for you to support your case. Remember that photos of you and your fiancee should be with you incase the consular officer requests to see them. Photos of you guys and your son may be needed as well.

Pls legit call me or flash me.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 6:45pm On Jan 24, 2019
nextlevel2222:

Pls legit call me or flash me. it's important
Can we do PM instead? Will send you a private message.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abekeade1: 6:58pm On Jan 24, 2019
LegitBachelor:

Thank you always legit.
For the affidavit of support, is there any form provided to be filled?

I think I have other documents.

Thanks again.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 24, 2019
abekeade1:

Tnx guys.
You need a graphic software and a good big size photo, Samsung phone is ok, download your photo to your computer and open it with Paint, Photoshop or any other software for images which allows you to change the size of the picture. First apply or check it has the highest resolution, 300 dpi, then cut off the picture to medium size the way the head is on the center, download the size guides picture from the US application site, have 2 pictures, Guides and the real photo, reduce the size of the photo (photo already cut with the head in the center) and make photo fitting to the Guide size almost precise, it should be still bigger size than the application is asking. Check the resolution and size again, some software let you cut off the background and put the white background, white background is better. Do not alter the face / head photo enhancing it digitally, keep it real as US gov. likes it. Now you being sure it has a good resolution, size the photo to what you need for application, save it and apply, you will not to have problems. You may work on layers to do the size changes what I explained or ask a digital graphic artist to do it but be careful, do NOT change or apply filters to the face, it will be rejected.

Believe me, I did it exactly as I explain applying for K1 visa, it works very well
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 7:50pm On Jan 24, 2019
abekeade1:

Thank you always legit.
For the affidavit of support, is there any form provided to be filled?

I think I have other documents.

Thanks again.
Yes. Your fiancee has to fill the form i-134.

You can download the form via this link: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html#ExternalPopup

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 7:52pm On Jan 24, 2019
Angela777:

You need a graphic software and a good big size photo, Samsung phone is ok, download your photo to your computer and open it with Paint, Photoshop or any other software for images which allows you to change the size of the picture. First apply or check it has the highest resolution, 300 dpi, then cut off the picture to medium size the way the head is on the center, download the size guides picture from the US application site, have 2 pictures, Guides and the real photo, reduce the size of the photo (photo already cut with the head in the center) and make photo fitting to the Guide size almost precise, it should be still bigger size than the application is asking. Check the resolution and size again, some software let you cut off the background and put the white background, white background is better. Do not alter the face / head photo enhancing it digitally, keep it real as US gov. likes it. Now you being sure it has a good resolution, size the photo to what you need for application, save it and apply, you will not to have problems. You may work on layers to do the size changes what I explained or ask a digital graphic artist to do it but be careful, do NOT change or apply filters to the face, it will be rejected.

Believe me, I did it exactly as I explain applying for K1 visa, it works very well
Well said. For those who are IT savvy, this step is very useful. For those who aren't, ermmmm, the photographers are there for you smiley.

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by lasthero: 6:33am On Jan 25, 2019
LegitBachelor:

The (fiance) means the USC based fiance will send copies of the documents to his/her Naija partner who is to attend the interview shey?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 8:46am On Jan 25, 2019
lasthero:

The (fiance) means the USC based fiance will send copies of the documents to his/her Naija partner who is to attend the interview shey?
Yes. It can be scanned and sent via email or sent via courier. I prefer the former.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Worriedgurl: 12:52pm On Jan 25, 2019
Do I require the services of an agent to fill the ds160 form or can I do it myself considering the fact that I have to sign electronically?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by pipz(m): 3:22pm On Jan 25, 2019
My mum was denied a visa last year as we were not ready to invite her then and I’d not yet been approved of my GC. My cousin invited her and the consulate denied her stating “why isn’t your son inviting you” as my cousin had filled on the DS 160 that she had a son in the US. Fast forward to late last year, we decided it’s time we invite her as we now have a baby. People advised us my wife be the one to invite her since I’m yet to be approved GC, so we decided to start processing another appointment for her but could only secure a March 2019 date for appointment. Alas, I was granted a GC without being asked any question at the interview, coming from a K1 candidate. My question now is should I go back and edit and resubmit the DS 160 so to indicate I’m the one inviting her or just leave it to be my wife inviting. Thanks and I wish everyone a blissful 2019
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by djfrancis: 1:13am On Jan 26, 2019
Worriedgurl:
Do I require the services of an agent to fill the ds160 form or can I do it myself considering the fact that I have to sign electronically?

do it yourself. it is easy and straightforward
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Vylish: 10:08am On Jan 28, 2019
Please, how long did it take for you to get your receipt number on I 129-F (K1) filed from the USCIS? It's been 2 years and my fiance is yet to get the receipt number.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Vylish: 10:23am On Jan 28, 2019
LegitBachelor:
I don't think it has for now.
It did. Immigration offices in the U.S, though open are not officially working. Good thing it's 'temporarily' opened up again.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 6:09pm On Jan 28, 2019
Vylish:
Please, how long did it take for you to get your receipt number on I 129-F (K1) filed from the USCIS? It's been 2 years and my fiance is yet to get the receipt number.
Two years? shocked

Did you guys get NOA1 and 2?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by saintrise: 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2019
Pls I live in Abuja...my interview is coming up soon..I don't know Lagos..who can recommend a hotel that is a walking distance both to Qlife and the U.S. consulate

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.